Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

Misandu posted:

The Aerospray is great for ambushes and any other situation where you can easily close the distance to soak them in ink, which will also cause it to kill in 4 hits pretty easily. It's loses hard to anything that can engage it from beyond that range, and sometimes it loses to someone who reacts well because of how inaccurate it is. The N-ZAP and even the Jr can 100% out duel it and I feel like those are its best match ups due to the range.
I use the N-ZAP a lot and I can't really agree with that (well, in relation to aerospray, it's not bad at that besides). The aerospray has a good defensive space without even trying whereas the N-ZAP does require a bit of constant accuracy to kill which can be a problem if they react fast enough (and just using it for ink spread can be a bit of a wash b/c of the gaps it causes with range. It's not even bad at that but it's not as smooth as the aerosprays). I find I constantly have to focus on creating good lanes and defensive space compared to other higher spread guns when not in battle. Then again I'm pretty terrible and apparently have lag problems so :shrug: (also I don't play much ranked which is a different ballgame). That's why I brought it up before for the range thing which I found odd as I assumed it would function better for me in a straight stand-off. Love the echolocator on it though.

Mines are really funny on hills where they're hidden from spray but besides that they don't seem like much of a deterrent most of the time. Try to goad anybody without a range option I guess?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Regy Rusty posted:

I just had my first ever match where I didn't die a single time. I just unlocked the dual squelcher and I think I'm in love

Jarogue posted:

I think I finally learned how use the Splatershot Pro. At first I was still doing thing like a roller and get in people faces only to splatted myself. It seems to be better to for middle range battle which is good since that seems to stop most Aerospray users. Also it nice to be able to throw bombs again. The only thing I hate about it is it runs out of ink fast even with one Main saver and 2 Bomb Savers. Oh well time to get new threads.
mid+ range weapons like dual squelcher, splattershot pro shut down aerospray users hard if you use them right, but with the first two you also run out of ink a looot.

range is really important in ranked.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Reiley posted:

It's not a perfect analogue but I think since the gun is good at spamming bursts further away than the blaster to deter people and the sub kits are focused on planting aggressive or defensive bombs (deco and standard, respectively) it's a good mindset to play the loadout with, especially if you have gear that reduces sub weapon ink cost.

Yeah this is mainly why I like it. The chokepoint spam ability with it is just unreal.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

I wanted to make this pun but I'm too poo poo :(

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Also the worst sub is disruptor and the best sub is sprinkler. Going against really good sprinkler placement is such a nightmare.

You can shoot the sprinkler. Its not that bad.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Zaphod42 posted:

You can shoot the sprinkler. Its not that bad.

Then the guy who placed the sprinkler pops out of the ink behind you while you're doing that

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

My favourite place I've ever seen a sprinkler used was upside-down on the rigging above the Splat Zone in Urchin Underpass. 10/10 to the teammate who placed that.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Suaimhneas posted:

Then the guy who placed the sprinkler pops out of the ink behind you while you're doing that

Ding ding ding hello.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Suaimhneas posted:

Use the Aero and you'll hit both of them

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
people make cool art

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Spacebump posted:

I've been going through the inkling boy's missions and I really don't even want to think about doing the last boss with the roller.

He's pretty drat hard with the roller. I keep failing at the last hit. He was surprisingly manageable with the charger.

Is there a way to play ranked matches with friends?

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Is paintbrush yet?

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Anime Curator posted:

Is paintbrush yet?

1hr7min

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

noirstronaut posted:

hide your loving reticles!!!

Never!

Reiley posted:

I think the lobby is a mix between people you've played with and people who have high-rated Miiverse posts. I drew a post that a lot of people said, "I saw you in my lobby!" but I only played one game at the time so there's no way I could have been in all their games.

This was my post where I started popping up all over

I probably knew this.

Anime Curator posted:

Is paintbrush yet?

One more hour.

internet celebrity
Jun 23, 2006

College Slice
Is there a way to change weapons in single player? I keep seeing people talk about fighting bosses with rollers and squelchers and I can't find any option for it.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
The roller one is for people doing the Amiibo challenge

oopsie rock
Oct 12, 2012

internet celebrity posted:

Is there a way to change weapons in single player? I keep seeing people talk about fighting bosses with rollers and squelchers and I can't find any option for it.

They're talking about amiibo challenges.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
The Splattershot Pro is such a disgusting weapon. There's nothing bad about it.

El Diabolico
Dec 19, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER
With regards to miiverse posts.

Its seems that there is a threshold before your post goes into the rotation and after a while it gets taken out. seems like around 20 yeahs outside of the game before it goes into the game's rotation.
Also there's a possibility of going back into the rotation. but i assume that means getting more yeahs outside of the game.

The amiibo are all right. kinda wish time attack and limited ink modes were part of the base game.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Do walls actually count in turf wars? I keep seeing people aggressively tagging walls even if it has a blocker at the top.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Dizz posted:

Do walls actually count in turf wars? I keep seeing people aggressively tagging walls even if it has a blocker at the top.

No

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

White and Black ink would be cool though.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

So the inkbrush is out.

It's like the roller, but with less ground coverage. It is faster, and it's attack seems pretty interesting. You can still run into things like the roller, but tapping the trigger allows you to swing it around like a melee weapon.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
All of a sudden, a clusterfuck of inkbrushes. The tap seems more useful.

e; my team of 4 inkbrushes won a turf war so i dunno

Szmitten fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Jun 6, 2015

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!
hahaha there are so many inkbrushes

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

what levell

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Deceptive Thinker posted:

hahaha there are so many inkbrushes

Yeah it was the same thing with the n-zap when it came out

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Ink brush is sick

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

IronicDongz posted:

But it's also slower to kill around corners/platforms because the splash damage is so low.
Just do what we all did before ranked was an option and grind in unranked with an aerospray/splattershot jr

A better idea is just to play the game because you enjoy it and not because you're trying to grind your way to 100%

The gently caress is wrong with you people

Dizz posted:

No, but they do count toward specials so I guess there's that?

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Hmmmmmmn actually this might be a really bad weapon

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired
The sprinkler is the single most important part of the inkbrush set, without it the brush would be trash.
It has it though, so its actually amazing.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Make sure you're wearing ink resistant shoes if you use the brush. The path is so small it's easy to gently caress yourself over and get stuck :v:

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Hmmmmmmn actually this might be a really bad weapon

Don't tell anyone let them keep bringing it into ranked mode.

At least when the N-Zaps came out you pretty much knew what you were getting into if you jumped right into battle without testing it first. Seeing people immediately bringing brushes into ranked is awesome. As long as they're all on the other team that is.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Ok so my initial thoughts at least for turf war are that it is fundamentally the opposite of a inkroller. You want to claim turf you have to flick, and running around with the brush is strictly for mobility.

Splatoon: you want turf you have to flick

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

This sounds like a roller that is fun to use and I am excited to try it out!! It sounds like the The Scout of the game.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Hi you have no range and damage! HAVE FUN.

It's not bad at coverage though. Just spam the gently caress out of the attack.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Rorus Raz posted:

Hi you have no range and damage! HAVE FUN.

It's not bad at coverage though. Just spam the gently caress out of the attack.
Unfortunately that means you are not moving, so it's worse at coverage than the rollers.

It does absolutely poo poo damage in any situation and it's not even good at making routes for your teammates because they're too thin so they'll take damage from the enemy ink on either side. It's bad.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

IronicDongz posted:

Unfortunately that means you are not moving, so it's worse at coverage than the rollers.

It does absolutely poo poo damage in any situation and it's not even good at making routes for your teammates because they're too thin so they'll take damage from the enemy ink on either side. It's bad.

Except if you want to get to a splat zone first (where there's no enemy ink since you're just starting)

EDIT: The problem is that, even then, you only want one on your team, and with random teams, well...

ComradeCosmobot fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Jun 6, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

It's just as garbage as I expected :allears:

I can get 1200 with it pretty easily in most cases but so many teammates just eat poo poo and get 200 or so so I'm constantly losing.

• Locked thread