Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

The Gorp posted:

Ranked mode is a joke.
The joke is made funny by 3100 cash per knockout at rank B.

I was at B- but then a string of disconnects over two days has set me back at C since it punishes everyone for some reason.

Szmitten fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Jun 6, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
The NES zapper is the best weapon in this game holy poo poo. I was doing okay with the splatter shot jr. and the kraken, but this zapper is righteous! I am regularly at the top of my team with loads of points and kills. :D

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
I really like how I only get +8 points per win at B- but when I lose i lose 10. When I was C+ I was earning 12 and losing 10. that's balls. Also getting 0 points on loss is also balls.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Dizz posted:

I really like how I only get +8 points per win at B- but when I lose i lose 10. When I was C+ I was earning 12 and losing 10. that's balls. Also getting 0 points on loss is also balls.

B- is +10/-10. There's a small modifier based on enemy team grades so if you got 8 from winning you were winning from a team that was half C rank dudes. Likewise, if you had lost those you would have lost 12 points.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
I know this is a few pages back, but this is important: if Japan is getting rice/bread shirts, does that mean the US is getting cat/dog shirts? Can Spike mug a dog shirt for me?

Even more important, if I see a European player, will Spike mug me a rock/punk shirt?

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

:(

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Dizz posted:

the worst is losing 10 points because i got disconnected. Again.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
I've only just noticed last night that Judd's tail is an arrow and also points at the winner.

oopsie rock
Oct 12, 2012

Bean posted:

I know this is a few pages back, but this is important: if Japan is getting rice/bread shirts, does that mean the US is getting cat/dog shirts? Can Spike mug a dog shirt for me?

Even more important, if I see a European player, will Spike mug me a rock/punk shirt?

Info about the Splatfest tees from the guide:

Prima's Splatoon Guide posted:

During Splatfest, your clothing is replaced by a Splatfest Tee and you are unable to change it. The Splatfest Tee for both teams has identical stats, so you don't have to worry about choosing a team based on which Splatfest Tee is better. After voting for a team, you can equip your Splatfest Tee. After Splatfest ends, the Splatfest Tee is removed from your inventory.

So Spike can't mug a shirt for you because everyone will get a temporary one.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Try losing by 1p

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I think you'd be better off running recon rather than ninja squid with the brush. Jumping back to base for precision ink strikes would probably be extremely strong.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Okay, I have literally searched high and low - where the gently caress is level 21?

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Internet Kraken posted:

I think you'd be better off running recon rather than ninja squid with the brush. Jumping back to base for precision ink strikes would probably be extremely strong.

This is an ingenious idea and gives a lot more utility to recon, woah.

oopsie rock
Oct 12, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

I've done this and it is really effective. It pairs well with Stealth Jump for ranked battles so you can get back to the action.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

The Gorp posted:

Playing "team cat" during splatfest.
Cuz' even though dogs are clearly better this is the internet and the verdict is predetermined.

OTOH this could mean more pubbies on Team Cat as well :ssh:

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

ComradeCosmobot posted:

OTOH this could mean more pubbies on Team Cat as well :ssh:
oh no!!!

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

It'll probably be a wash in the end. Seriously: just splat and you'll be doing your job

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Okay, I have literally searched high and low - where the gently caress is level 21?

Go to the kettle for 19 and take the fan platform over to the ink relay thing. Go up that, then squid mode to the platform beneath where you end up, and its right there.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Anime Curator posted:

I saw it as a graffiti spray and it was all I could think about.

This game has graffiti sprays?

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Worst Girl posted:

I assume this only happening in Japan right now? I assume they'd localize the question, since loving no one in the US eats rice for breakfast. Unless you're a weeb and lying.

I eat rice for breakfast, my family is Filipino. (the fact that I'm a weeb is of no relation)

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I'm mexican and I used to hate rice for breakfast, eventually I realized that I loving love rice, just that my mom's rice was poo poo. :smith:

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

raditts posted:

This game has graffiti sprays?

Miiverse posts show up on walls in the Inkapolis and in turf war.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

God drat

You're all rollers and I'm a charger I should not have more points than all of you in turf war

E: also charger turf war tip: if you aren't going for kills just keep shooting at half charge. It's almost as much turf covered but half the time and effort.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Oh man, I'm having OCD dreams about Splatoon. Like there's tons of unpainted floor I have to get to.

It's Tetris all over again.

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

Fix posted:

Oh man, I'm having OCD dreams about Splatoon. Like there's tons of unpainted floor I have to get to.

I have the music stuck in my head all the time, specifically the bit just before the round ends, that build up. Trying to sleep while it's playing in a loop in your head :cry:.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I've discovered something called The Multiple Roller Paradox. The more rollers there are on a team, the less your home turf gets inked, as each makes a beeline for the enemy side while assuming the others will take care of it.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

oopsie rock posted:

Info about the Splatfest tees from the guide:

So Spike can't mug a shirt for you because everyone will get a temporary one.

Dang, guess I gotta go find a hat with Ninja Squid then.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

The worst

oopsie rock
Oct 12, 2012

Fix posted:

ME TOO. Sometimes it's on a map from the game, other times my brain has made one up.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
God drat, the final boss :allears:. Fucker kicked my rear end at the final stretch, but I'll turn him into calimari next time :argh:

Caerulius
Jun 23, 2007

This was a waste of $5.

Bean posted:

How would you want pictures added?

I dunno. I think you can upload directly to imgur through the wiiu browser, so that might be easiest for whoever wants to contribute. Dth at flyingtrireme dot com, or through the form linked to on the gear Web page.

Edit: just be sure to name them with the name of the item, please.

Caerulius fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Jun 6, 2015

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

So getting your timer down to one second and having the opposing team take over and win through overtime is the most infuriating thing ever.

Raserys posted:

I eat rice for breakfast, my family is Filipino. (the fact that I'm a weeb is of no relation)
Huh. You learn something new every day.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Does anyone know what the criteria for losing and only losing 8 points is? Do I have to be the top of the losing team?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Spyke is the best.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

noirstronaut posted:

Does anyone know what the criteria for losing and only losing 8 points is? Do I have to be the top of the losing team?

It scales based on the combined ranks of the teams. So if your team is all C+ and theirs is all B-, you lose less for a loss.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

noirstronaut posted:

I just Googled it and got drat this is rad as hell

Are those Miiverse Posts as the neon signs and fireworks?! :allears:

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I hope this means the actual matches themselves take place at night as well, that'd be cool

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

:eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Miiverse is a strange place. I can poo poo out a random doodle in 2 seconds and get 170+ yeahs but when I put any effort into anything it barely gets a passing glance :v:

That being said I really do hope that those are miiverse posts. Imagine that Loss in the sky

• Locked thread