Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

PeterWeller posted:

Jaguar was bought by the other Indians. Gaaaah!
Just do what my boss does to avoid confusion. Specify if you're taking about "feather Indians" or "curry Indians".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Mr. Apollo posted:

Just do what my boss does to avoid confusion. Specify if you're taking about "feather Indians" or "curry Indians".

Around here it's 'dot' or 'feather'.

Zorak of Michigan
Jun 10, 2006

Throatwarbler posted:

Fine, but I would still like the column shifter though. The dodge/ford/Chevy cars already come with them in the cop versions, so there should be minimal new investment. Well I don't really care about the Chevy because you can get it with a stick, but the slushbox only ones should. What's the point of the rotary dial shifter anyway, what problem is it supposed to solve?

I think it was a Jalopnik article a few months back that suggested that the console pushbotton is the way to go. I found it persuasive. Maybe younger folks will see the column shifter without prejudice, but for older folks like me, it will forever be associated with cars devoid of all driving enjoyment.

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

They're bringing back the Dino.
http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/ferrari-dino-return-v6-engined-sports-car

quote:

The iconic Ferrari Dino is set for a sensational comeback to the Prancing Horse’s range, most likely as a new £150,000 mid-engined sports car powered by a twin-turbocharged V6 engine.

The prospect of the Dino’s return to the Ferrari range after a four-decade-long absence has been spoken up directly by recently-appointed Ferrari chairman Sergio Marchionne, who told Autocar that the revival of the Dino name was “not a question of if but when”.

One of Ferrari’s most iconic names, Dino was used on V6 and V8-powered models in the 1960s and 70s as Ferrari sought to make more affordable but no less desirable cars under a new sub-brand, and push up volumes.

However, while plans are now afoot inside the company to see a return for the Dino name and V6 engines, such a model should not be seen as following historical precedent in what it stands for.

Marchionne insists Ferrari has no plans in significantly pushing up volumes, entering a lower price point or indeed launching another sub-brand, as was the case with the original introduction of the Dino badge.

“We may produce a 500 horsepower Ferrari but it will not be a cheap Ferrari,” he said. “The brand is unique and needs to be protected. I would always rather build 500 fewer cars than the market demanded rather than 500 more. We must not mess with customer expectations of Ferrari as an exclusive brand.”
The pentastar V6 sure is going places.

In more attainable news, FCA is debuting the Fiat 124 Spider later this year. It better get the 1.4 turbo and 2.4.
http://www.edmunds.com/car-news/201...tcat=affiliates

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Tekne posted:

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/ferrari-dino-return-v6-engined-sports-car

Montezemolo is going to poo poo a brick.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
I just can't give a poo poo about Ferraris like I used to when I was a kid. The only one I still lust after is this one.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Tekne posted:

In more attainable news, FCA is debuting the Fiat 124 Spider later this year. It better get the 1.4 turbo and 2.4.
http://www.edmunds.com/car-news/201...tcat=affiliates

Shameful admission: It took a long, long time before I realized what the name 'pentastar' was in reference to.

I'm looking forward to seeing what it's like when they slap turbos on it. For a V6 it seems decent.

Christobevii3
Jul 3, 2006

MrYenko posted:

It's just as good as you imagine. Maybe better.

That said, there's a part of me that hopes it doesn't make it into the ATS-V+. LS7s belong in a really aggressive car, like a Z06, or Z28. I don't know if they're willing to go that extreme with a Cadillac.

Alternately, one of these.

WTF? 10 years ago people would freak out with a non v8 in a Cadillac since they are smooth. Now asking for a performance v8 is odd?

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

KakerMix posted:

I just can't give a poo poo about Ferraris like I used to when I was a kid. The only one I still lust after is this one.

Same, I freaking love the 308 GTB/GTS so much, and newer Ferraris are just meh.

Christobevii3
Jul 3, 2006

El Scotch posted:

I can certainly buy the supposed 7:32 time at the 'Ring.

How does this compare to say a 2014 gt500? My friend got one and upgraded to some 900hp super snake crazy.

DoLittle
Jul 26, 2006

Tekne posted:

Does any of you have more details how much the Maserati twin-turbo 400 hp V6 shares with the US pentastars? How many of the parts are interchangable?

The block is apparently similar, but with thicker cylinder walls and larger oil passages (http://www.pentastars.com/engines/ferrari.php). Some sources say the blocks are cast in US but assembled at Maranello.

The cylinder heads are apparently a Ferrari design made in Italy (http://allparnews.com/index.php/2013/05/report-maserati-v6-comes-from-pentastar-engine-22322).

I guess the soon to be announced 500 hp Ferrari-Maserati-Alfa version will be a further development. Alfa has some tradition of custom cylinder heads on more mass produced blocks. The 16v Alfa 1.6-2.0 TS and JTS engined had Alfa cylinder heads on Fiat blocks. The 2.2 and 3.2 JTS engines in 159 and Brera had Alfa cylinder heads on GM cylinder blocks.

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

http://www.carscoops.com/2014/09/how-about-that-maseratis-v6-engine-is.html
The blocks are casted in Kokomo, Indiana and then machined in Trenton before they're shipped to Italy. I believe the block is a special varation of the 3.0L pentastar specifically for Maserati and Ferrari. The internals, heads, and turbos are all made by Ferrari, so I'm guessing not much if anything is interchangeable. What FCA has learned from this engine will first appear in the upgraded pentastar which will debut with the new Town & Country later this year. The entirely new hurricane 4 cylinders are supposed to arrive as well. I'm hoping those will go into the new Fiat Spider.

What do you know, Chrysler just patented a new air intake system for a 6 cylinder engine.
http://www.autoevolution.com/news/scoop-chrysler-files-patent-for-new-intake-air-control-system-to-arrive-on-updated-pentastar-v6-96324.html

Tekne fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Jun 7, 2015

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Christobevii3 posted:

WTF? 10 years ago people would freak out with a non v8 in a Cadillac since they are smooth. Now asking for a performance v8 is odd?

Absolutely not, I was just commenting that an LSA would be more appropriate for a conceptual ultra-ATS-V. An LS7 in an ATS-V would be akin to Porsche putting the 911 GT3 engine in a Panamera. Awesome, in its own way, but not quite "right."

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Christobevii3 posted:

How does this compare to say a 2014 gt500? My friend got one and upgraded to some 900hp super snake crazy.

*If* this is accurate it ran a 7:39.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

MrYenko posted:

Absolutely not, I was just commenting that an LSA would be more appropriate for a conceptual ultra-ATS-V. An LS7 in an ATS-V would be akin to Porsche putting the 911 GT3 engine in a Panamera. Awesome, in its own way, but not quite "right."

The V cars are performance oriented enough that I don't think it would be weird at all. That's just me though.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

MrYenko posted:

Is there a guide anY where to explaining the differences in LS hexadecimal

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

14 INCH SLIT posted:

Is there a guide anY where to explaining the differences in LS hexadecimal

:spergin:

The wiki page isn't terrible. It's organized by bore size, but you can generally classify them by iron or aluminum block.

All LSx (as well as the LT1 and LT4 from the C7 Corvette) engines are aluminum block, and performance oriented, while an Lxx designation can mean almost anything from a 4.8L iron/iron truck engine, to the aluminum 6.2L L99 that is in automatic-transmission Camaro SSes.

LS1, LS6, LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9, LSA, LT1, LT4 are the really good ones, but there are a few gems in the truck world, particularly the L92, which is a 6.2L, 403hp all-aluminum engine found in Escalades, GMC Denalis, and Hummers.

Nobody cares about the LS4, because it was a stupid idea. :v:

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

MrYenko posted:

The wiki page isn't terrible. It's organized by bore size, but you can generally classify them by iron or aluminum block.

All LSx (as well as the LT1 and LT4 from the C7 Corvette) engines are aluminum block, and performance oriented, while an Lxx designation can mean almost anything from a 4.8L iron/iron truck engine, to the aluminum 6.2L L99 that is in automatic-transmission Camaro SSes.

LS1, LS6, LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9, LSA, LT1, LT4 are the really good ones, but there are a few gems in the truck world, particularly the L92, which is a 6.2L, 403hp all-aluminum engine found in Escalades, GMC Denalis, and Hummers.

LT5 supremacy

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

go3 posted:

LT5 supremacy

The LT5: The moment Team Corvette lost their collective minds.

Still one of the coolest programs Chevy ever went through with.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Powershift posted:

Other than leather/paint/wood colors, the only option for the audi is the technik pack which includes:

it's not like the audi without the only option package is a camry. It matches the genesis on nearly every feature.

Uh, no. You really need that package (and the driver assistance package, which is extra) to match the features of the Ultimate trim you're quoting the numbers on.

Oh, hey. It adds another 10 grand on the price. Okay, let's say you don't need the driver assistance crap. Then you should be looking at the Luxury package on the Genesis, which costs $47,400. Sure, you get the 3.8 instead of the 5.0 with that package, but that's actually more comparable to the 3.0 in the Audi (311 HP vs. 333 HP). It's about a second slower to 100km/h, but nobody is buying these things to drag race. ~6.5 seconds is plenty fast for a luxobarge.

I'm not saying the Audi isn't the car I'd rather have (dat bamboo console :swoon:), but it's also $15,000 more when you compare apples to apples ($20,000 if you're comparing the Technology, which is equivalent to the Ultimate with the 3.8 in the states to the Technik package. This is the trim level I would actually buy, so it's pretty relevant at least to me).

Edit: I'd also like to point out the Genesis is a couple hundred bucks cheaper in Canada than it is in the States. So for once, you're not getting screwed over on price.

KillHour fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Jun 7, 2015

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

MrYenko posted:

The LT5: The moment Team Corvette lost their collective minds.

Still one of the coolest programs Chevy ever went through with.

:agreed: although it suffered from typical GM horseshit:

quote:

During a technical review at Lotus, however, Roy Midgley, then chief engineer of CPC's 90-degree V-type engines, found something he didn't like. According to Rudd, "Roy spotted the bore centers were 4.55 inches, and he said, 'Hey—you can't do that.' He said it had to be 4.4 inches, like the small-block V-8."

Rudd tried to tell him the bore centers for the LT5 were relatively meaningless, because the new engine wasn't going to built on the same production line, and certainly not with the same tools, as the small-block. "It can be any bore center," Rudd told Midgley. "No, no it can't," Midgley said.

"You do appreciate what this is going to do to you, Roy?" Rudd inquired. "We can't promise you 400 horsepower anymore, because the bore has to be smaller so we can't get the size of valves we want in." Midgley mulled this over and said, "4.4-inch bore centers. We'll accept 385 hp." That's how the high-revving DOHC LT5 ended up with a smaller bore and a longer stroke than the elderly pushrod V-8.

Sounds like Roy Midgley needed to be fired out of a cannon directly into the loving Sun.

Terrible Robot fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Jun 7, 2015

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

MrYenko posted:

I meant more in the concept of someone who doesn't know the LS designations and the wiki article is too spread out to across the board spot the differences, how can an LS_ instead of an LS_ be like putting a GT3 motor in a Panamera when to me it appears like generally speaking it's high horsepower medium displacement V8s with your flavor options being iron or aluminum, and the occasional factory supercharger. What makes one in particular the GT3 block rather than just the Carerra 4S if I'm managing my analogies

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

14 INCH SLIT posted:

I meant more in the concept of someone who doesn't know the LS designations and the wiki article is too spread out to across the board spot the differences, how can an LS_ instead of an LS_ be like putting a GT3 motor in a Panamera when to me it appears like generally speaking it's high horsepower medium displacement V8s with your flavor options being iron or aluminum, and the occasional factory supercharger. What makes one in particular the GT3 block rather than just the Carerra 4S if I'm managing my analogies

The LS7 is the only production 4.125" bore engine, with the highest redline, biggest displacement, and most naturally aspirated power of any GM V8. It's a (relatively) high-strung engine, and would feel out of place in a car that wasn't similarly extreme, like a Z06 or Z/28. GM could certainly do that with an ATS-V+, but I was simply commenting that an LSA would not only make more power and torque, but would fit the character of the car better.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

KillHour posted:

Uh, no. You really need that package (and the driver assistance package, which is extra) to match the features of the Ultimate trim you're quoting the numbers on.

Oh, hey. It adds another 10 grand on the price. Okay, let's say you don't need the driver assistance crap. Then you should be looking at the Luxury package on the Genesis, which costs $47,400. Sure, you get the 3.8 instead of the 5.0 with that package, but that's actually more comparable to the 3.0 in the Audi (311 HP vs. 333 HP). It's about a second slower to 100km/h, but nobody is buying these things to drag race. ~6.5 seconds is plenty fast for a luxobarge.

I'm not saying the Audi isn't the car I'd rather have (dat bamboo console :swoon:), but it's also $15,000 more when you compare apples to apples ($20,000 if you're comparing the Technology, which is equivalent to the Ultimate with the 3.8 in the states to the Technik package. This is the trim level I would actually buy, so it's pretty relevant at least to me).

Edit: I'd also like to point out the Genesis is a couple hundred bucks cheaper in Canada than it is in the States. So for once, you're not getting screwed over on price.

The package is half made up of poo poo the geneis doesn't have, there's no way to make the cars identically equal.

The v6 genesis is also AWD only in canada, and weighs 4475lbs, 6.5 seconds is 1.8 seconds slower to 60 than the A6 which is huge. 1.8 seconds faster than the audi is an aventador. 1.8 seconds slower than the genesis is a ford transit. Nobody is drag racing these cars, but these numbers are used as a metric to give you an overall impression of performance. In terms of direct comparisons to the performance of other cars, in accleration, braking, and road handling, the A6 matches the base Camaro SS, where the V6 genesis matches the chevy malibu. 400lbs heavier, and a naturally aspirated engine, it's nowhere near in the same league.

You're going to say the progressiv audi doesn't match the V8 hyundai because it only has 10 speakers instead of 17, or doesn't have the full self driving, but the V6 genesis matches the A6 because 311 is kinda close to 333.

FatCow
Apr 22, 2002
I MAP THE FUCK OUT OF PEOPLE
I'm not sure you can really call an engine that makes north of 350ft*lbs of torque at 2k RPM high strung when talking about high strung as a drawback. Sure you can run it out to almost 7k RPM but you can also easily pass people on the highway in overdrive without downshifting and just thinking about hitting the throttle.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Powershift posted:

The package is half made up of poo poo the geneis doesn't have, there's no way to make the cars identically equal.

The v6 genesis is also AWD only in canada, and weighs 4475lbs, 6.5 seconds is 1.8 seconds slower to 60 than the A6 which is huge. 1.8 seconds faster than the audi is an aventador. 1.8 seconds slower than the genesis is a ford transit. Nobody is drag racing these cars, but these numbers are used as a metric to give you an overall impression of performance. In terms of direct comparisons to the performance of other cars, in accleration, braking, and road handling, the A6 matches the base Camaro SS, where the V6 genesis matches the chevy malibu. 400lbs heavier, and a naturally aspirated engine, it's nowhere near in the same league.

You're going to say the progressiv audi doesn't match the V8 hyundai because it only has 10 speakers instead of 17, or doesn't have the full self driving, but the V6 genesis matches the A6 because 311 is kinda close to 333.

You seem awfully hung up on weight. The A6 in 3L AWD is almost 4,100lbs too, you realize. These are luxury cars, not racers. As you say people aren't buying these on 0-60 times, they are buying them for the 17 speakers, so why keep insisting the A6 is so much better because it's faster?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Because its not 1977 and driving dynamics matter. Excessive weight hurts.

You're right though. The Genesis is a better floating couch for old people. Although to that extent the diesel audi or 5 series would keep them from having to fuel up daily.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Jun 7, 2015

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Powershift posted:

You're right though. The Genesis is a better floating couch for old people. Although to that extent the diesel audi or 5 series would keep them from having to fuel up daily.

I'm so sorry that Korean girl broke your heart.

Seriously though, it's an amazing value and strong performer in a very competitive segment: http://usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/cars-trucks/rankings/Upscale-Midsize-Cars/

TKIY fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Jun 7, 2015

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Powershift posted:

The best thing about the Genesis, and it's bigger, more expensive, better equipped cousin the Equus is their depreciation for people buying lightly used. I just did a search locally for Equuses, there's an Equus with only 30,000 miles on it for $18k asking at a local dealer. That's $42k off of original sticker. The big Hyundais around me depreciate $1.40 per mile. I don't think even the A6es you're comparing them to fall that fast.

Edit: Whoever bought that Equus new ate an entire BMW 335i of depreciation in the first 3 years of its life. Wowza.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
At some point the market will have to catch up on these cars though. Think of Lexus at the launch of the brand, it was a curiosity. Then the LS hit the market and the rest is history.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The LS was the first lexus. There was no lexus before the LS.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Twerk from Home posted:

The best thing about the Genesis, and it's bigger, more expensive, better equipped cousin the Equus is their depreciation for people buying lightly used. I just did a search locally for Equuses, there's an Equus with only 30,000 miles on it for $18k asking at a local dealer. That's $42k off of original sticker. The big Hyundais around me depreciate $1.40 per mile. I don't think even the A6es you're comparing them to fall that fast.

Edit: Whoever bought that Equus new ate an entire BMW 335i of depreciation in the first 3 years of its life. Wowza.

Doesn't really matter if you're never planning to sell it.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I can't imagine somebody willing to pay $50 grand for a luxury car is going to be happy driving a 5 year old car with a christmas tree of warning lights and a shop quote for 3 times it's value to fix them.

If they were, there's no reason not to spend $30 grand to get the same car 2 years old and barely used CPO. With the money you saved, you can light your cigars with $20 bills and come out $10k ahead, assuming you only smoke 1 per day.

On the other hand, if there was nobody buying new, there would be no cheap used, so buy away!

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Old people fuckin love buying something and keeping it for a thousand years, like Buicks and Werthers Originals.

Jymmybob
Jun 26, 2000

Grimey Drawer

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

Doesn't really matter if you're never planning to sell it.

I bet the amount of people keeping a luxury car past 5 years is pretty small. Personally the A6 pretty far ahead of the Genesis but at least in the US the price difference is pretty fair until you consider the extra depreciation on the Genesis. It's a neat car but unless they split the Genesis and Equus into a separate brand it's going to be dragged down by Hyundai's name for a long time. I hope they keep getting better because it's really nice package at face value.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Terrible Robot posted:

:agreed: although it suffered from typical GM horseshit:

Sounds like Roy Midgley needed to be fired out of a cannon directly into the loving Sun.

Jesus loving wept. The LT5 was a loving freak engine. Who gives a gently caress if the bore centers are the same as the other small blocks. What an rear end in a top hat.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Powershift posted:

I'm just going to go down the list you quoted and put the Genesis spec next to each item.

19" 15-spoke star design alloy wheels | 19-inch premium alloy wheels [5.0 trim only]
255/40 R19 all-season tires | P245/40R19 front and P275/35R19 rear tires [5.0 trim only]
Power trunk open/close(vs power open only on base) | I can't find anywhere on Hyudnai's website where it says it does this, so here's a video
Power foldable auto dimming heated exterior mirrors(vs non-power fold on base) | Heated, Power-folding Side Mirrors with Integrated Turn Signal, Electrochromic Exterior Mirrors
Four-zone automatic climate control(vs 2 zone on base) | Genesis is 2 zone, but it does have rear heated seats.
4-way power lumbar support for front seats(vs driver only on base) | 12-way Power-adjustable Front Seats with Lumbar Adjustment
Ventilated front seats | Ventilated Front Seats
Bose® sound system with 14 speakers(vs 10 speaker on base) | 14 Speaker Lexicon® Discrete Logic 7® Surround Sound Audio System [17 on the 5.0]
Homelink | Bluelink, which is pretty much the same thing. The Sonata has Android Auto, so expect that on next year's model.
Rear & top view camera(vs rear only on base) | Rear view only
Audi pre-sense rear | Front and rear sensors
Audi side assist | Blind Spot Detection (BSD) with Rear Cross Traffic Alert and Lane Change Assist (LCA), Lane Departure Warning System (LDWS), Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS)

Powershift posted:

1.2 seconds. The Audi is 5.3 seconds to 100km/h, according to their own website. The V8 you insisted on comparing it to does it in 5 flat (for the RWD. I can't find a number for the Canada spec AWD).

Powershift posted:

I'm saying they trade punches, which is not something you should be able to say about a car with a $15-20k price difference. The Hyundai is a fantastic value for the money, and saying otherwise is being purposefully obtuse. And the Progressiv Audi doesn't even match a v6 with the Tech package. You really need that Technik package unless you're comparing to the Luxury package on the Genesis.

Powershift posted:

The A6 diesel is even MORE expensive. I could buy a tricked out Genesis 3.8 for my luxobarge commuter AND a Fiesta ST to throw around on the weekends for the price of the A6 fully-loaded.

KillHour fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Jun 8, 2015

PBCrunch
Jun 17, 2002

Lawrence Phillips Always #1 to Me

TKIY posted:

At some point the market will have to catch up on these cars though. Think of Lexus at the launch of the brand, it was a curiosity. Then the LS hit the market and the rest is history.
The big problem for Hyundai is that these nice cars are sold in their terrible dealer network. Hyundai showrooms are miserable places to be. Toyota set up a complete new dealer network, Hyundai chickened out on spending the money for this crucial element.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

You're disputing things i said about the V6 model with specs from the RWD V8 model, suggest the extra 7 speakers and folding mirrors is worth nearly 2 seconds to 60. And round $11k up to $20k in your worst case scenario.

Magazines have tested the A6 at 4.7-4.8 seconds, and you completely ignore it's braking distance and handling which is hampered by the genesis's weight and afterthought awd.

quote:

The A6 diesel is even MORE expensive. I could buy a tricked out Genesis 3.8 for my luxobarge commuter AND a Fiesta ST to throw around on the weekends for the price of the A6 fully-loaded.

This makes more sense. after 5 years they'd each be worth $15k and you'd only be down $30k instead of the $40k you would be on the V8 genesis. although you'd probably be running over people and backing into stuff without BSDLCALDWSLKAS saving you on your fiesta days. The V6 also gets reasonably acceptable fuel economy and doesn't have the expectation of performance that the V8 lets down.

You'd also have something to drive while the hyundai's in the shop getting sensors and trunk motors replaced.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

Ford will have 2 primer gray colors I guess, here's the Focus RS'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnTkMlrEKrc

And here's the GT350 loud button demonstration

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCKMKRY4hQA