Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

Lack of Gravitas posted:

well, poop. i was looking forward to losing some sec status. ty for the answer

You're adorable:allears:

andromache posted:

The part where I listened to jabber chatter from super-mad SV members discussing "liquidating" the ships they have in Syndicate so they are ready to move to wherever the SIG decides to go. As discussed before, SV has already had several incidents involving poor judgment with regard to how they dispose of their ships. I decided to preemptively cut the regions until everyone calms their tits long enough to think rationally again.

So you know who the people who were planning to do the frauding were, but you chose to gently caress the entire squad instead? Yeah man, why would people ever get the idea that leadership hated SV:thumbsup:

edit: I hadn't considered that it would also gently caress over the group of fcon shitlers that love shooting our blops/hotdrop bait, so I guess it's not all bad:v:

grumplestiltzkin fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Jun 6, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Luigi Thirty posted:

rip tiberizzle's 16 ratting carriers

These are in amok. now hth

vermeul
Sep 14, 2014

Free Acid

vyst posted:

Just to add as an addendum: Former BOS are not allowed in goonwaffe without a sponsorship and without my permission or permission of higher than me (since they'll need to email newbies@goonfleet.com to do it, this will happen naturally) . GoonWaffe will not be a refugee camp for you useless turds. We have enough ratting carriers as it is. Of course, unless you give me (insert price that makes you hard enough here) dollars per character you want in.

Fixed that for you

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

vyst posted:

These are in amok. now hth

I thought he got hellpurged years ago under the "no tiberizzles" rule.

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

Luigi Thirty posted:

I thought he got hellpurged years ago under the "no tiberizzles" rule.

That's just from reimbursement. I doubt tib was ever hurting for money.

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015
Losing bling Machs in Delve is so 2012

icarus
Nov 7, 2003

Dang I was rejected to GoonSwarm because I don't post enough. I'm starting my own club for lurkers only.

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

If you know how to post a butte you can join Groon.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

icarus posted:

Dang I was rejected to GoonSwarm because I don't post enough. I'm starting my own club for lurkers only.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Karmafleet/

You don't need to post to get into Karmafleet, and you can enjoy 90% of the same resources Goonwaffe members enjoy.

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

Otacon posted:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Karmafleet/

You don't need to post to get into Karmafleet, and you can enjoy 90% of the same resources Goonwaffe members enjoy.

Even the quality posting?

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi

Luigi Thirty posted:

Suas has been gone over a year and BOS went to rudderless poo poo without him.

Not really. BOS was pretty "rudderless" when he was still around. Pretty sure that BOS' whole thing was to have fun and do some interesting things. That has continued since SUAS left. Not that Luigi would know since he hasn't done anything in eve for over a year or two. (That's not meant to be a shot at you, I wish you'd play more)

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

CashEnsign posted:

Even the quality posting?

The posting on the Karmafleet subreddit has been a lot better than the last 10 pages of this thread, that much I know.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Lawful Neutral Paper Pusher Elemental.

Zasze posted:

Once again and I grow really tired having these conversations with you, a loving heads up would be nice, are you such an unpersonable sperg lord that the concept of going

"Hey koshka things seem kinda crazy you should tighten things up and not have people do anything stupid"

Does like any communication even occur to you? And for the record we were sorting out shipping to Jita or fire sales.

But instead you paste a bunch of commissar emotes and say it's off the table till further notice and wonder why people have no idea what's going on.

As members of SV/BOS have pointed out themselves in the last few pages, Suas is the only one who can get the more inebriated/intractable members of your SIG to fall in line. Considering our jabber could have easily been mistaken for TEST last night with all the GRR GONS going on, I took the easy route.

And no, I didn't go seek you out. Instead of wasting time figuring out if I'm dealing with some tip of the iceberg bullshit, or figuring out what someone said versus what they meant, I just hit the giant PAUSE button I have at my disposal, knowing that if you wanted it fixed you'd come to me. Once your SIG is sorted, leadership is replaced, emotions calmed, plans made, etc etc, I can turn the regions back on.

With BOS out of the picture, I'm sure 90% of the bullshit that aggravated me about SV will no longer be a factor. But last night, nobody had control of that SIG, and my broadcast moved the conversation from ~hella mad~ to ~sad and confused.~ Maybe it made more work for you, but it shut down the crap I was seeing immediately, which is really all I cared about.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

mpaarating posted:

Not really. BOS was pretty "rudderless" when he was still around. Pretty sure that BOS' whole thing was to have fun and do some interesting things. That has continued since SUAS left. Not that Luigi would know since he hasn't done anything in eve for over a year or two. (That's not meant to be a shot at you, I wish you'd play more)

I'm working on joining up with hole squad so I can shoot elitist wormhole losers. I hate elitist wormhole losers.

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

andromache posted:

As members of SV/BOS have pointed out themselves in the last few pages, Suas is the only one who can get the more inebriated/intractable members of your SIG to fall in line. Considering our jabber could have easily been mistaken for TEST last night with all the GRR GONS going on, I took the easy route.

And no, I didn't go seek you out. Instead of wasting time figuring out if I'm dealing with some tip of the iceberg bullshit, or figuring out what someone said versus what they meant, I just hit the giant PAUSE button I have at my disposal, knowing that if you wanted it fixed you'd come to me. Once your SIG is sorted, leadership is replaced, emotions calmed, plans made, etc etc, I can turn the regions back on.

With BOS out of the picture, I'm sure 90% of the bullshit that aggravated me about SV will no longer be a factor. But last night, nobody had control of that SIG, and my broadcast moved the conversation from ~hella mad~ to ~sad and confused.~ Maybe it made more work for you, but it shut down the crap I was seeing immediately, which is really all I cared about.

lol

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

andromache posted:

If you think that broadcast made people less angry with the situation then your interpersonal skills are even worse than we already had reason to assume.

Your reasoning for taking the action that you did is sound and justifiable. The fact that you did so without explaining any of that reasoning to anybody and your general tendency to reach for the biggest hammer when a PM suffice speaks poorly of your ability / desire to relate to people.

EDIT: I don't mean to spurn you for engaging us serious in conversation, but as a longtime SV member I am legit angry about this series of events.

Numismancer
Sep 15, 2004

by sebmojo

grumplestiltzkin posted:

Numerous high ranking people publicly saying they don't like the squad, the single biggest membercorp getting kicked out for not participating in peacetime "strat" ops, and having our srp ripped with no warning or reason communicated (by, again, a high ranking person who has publicly stated that they do not like the squad).

It may be :tinfoil: to think that the leadership doesn't want us around, but its pretty loving obvious why we'd think that. You're in the position you're in specifically because you're good at spaceship politics, so this "gosh I can't possibly imagine why you guys are so defensive" act is just purestrain poo poo. You're not that loving stupid, don't act like it.

Yes, I am quite good at politics, which is why I know exactly what the offense is ~actually~ coming from, regardless of what many people claim it is. And hey, you're going to be even more angry when I call this poo poo out and underline precisely why I don't give a gently caress.

If you consider an auth director and a reimb director who are essentially bureaucrats with the absolute worst jobs in GSF to represent top-level alliance policy, you're grasping at straws. The rules for all corps are clear and repeated in sticky threads each month. Every corp in GSF does small gang pvp constantly while also fighting on the line for macro-level strategic security: SV are not the ~true flame of small gang pvp~ any more than BAT or EG.

Cold mathematics and common security brought this about - which is why conspiracies and martyrdom are so emotionally attractive as 'reasons' for the 'victims' of what has occurred - the hard fact that BOS was not pulling their weight even after being warned to fix their poo poo last month doesn't fit well with whatever heroic image they and their supporters have latched onto. It's much more comforting to the ego to say "We alone do small gang PvP, we alone hold the True Flame, it's totally not the case that every other membercorp does the exact same poo poo while still focusing on the common good of the whole alliance, and it's totally not the case that we got nuked for a conscious decision to be selfish and consider ourselves above the rest of the community."

Stratops protect everyone. You are not required to go on them, but corps get purged if they do not ensure a minimum amount of effort towards the common good. Those are the rules, and everyone else besides BOS has managed to enjoy non-stratop content just fine while working together to protect our people. BOS is not a unique or special snowflake with plot armor. There is no true flame - and usually that flame is just hiding selfishness and a refusal to help the alliance and community.

The whole line of reasoning about 'abloobloobloo metrics' and 'abloobloobloo stratops' is so specious I usually just purge it and move on: you can't teach someone to not be short-sighted. We have participation metrics to ensure everyone works towards common goals, because when participation is encouraged it means the whole alliance and coalition spends /less/ time on stratops, wins wars with crushing efficiency, and we can go back to derping around Burning Amarr, doing small gang poo poo, scamming, loving around, etc. Look at the Imperium at war vs Darkness at war recently in Querious, dying helplessly to our Reavers for a month+.

The wars of this administration have been some of the shortest and most consistent in GSF history: the foe is typically broken inside of a month, then there is far more casual cleanup month where everyone can relax. We have long period of peace and security where our line can spend their time doing small gang pvp (and yes, darling, that exists outside of SV, BOS, and Syndicate, shocking I know) and loving around with no obligation.

Why? Because when I say it's time to be serious, everyone gets the gently caress to work, gets the job done, and then goes back to relaxing and loving about the moment the hard work is over. Those who are so selfish as to not pitch in to do the work - meaning that their fellow goons are stuck working harder for longer and putting everyone else at risk - we purge them. Righteously. Not 'oh man this is a tough thing to do, I'm so hesitant about it' - nope. We do it while thinking gently caress you, get the gently caress out you selfish entitled shits.

This is why I don't care about the delicate feelings of ~true goons~ (who are often J4Gs or membercorp types anyway) because it's nothing but a mask for 'gently caress you dad I don't wanna' - especially when Waffe isn't even required to hit loving participation targets.

So yeah, SV is safe, Hole Squad is safe, and any corp that refuses after being warned to help the common cause like everyone else can get the gently caress out and I have no sympathy at all - and that's nothing new. You serve on the line or you serve on the firing line - and that's precisely why GSF is able to spend 90% of its time outside of stratops faffing about and indulging in our every depraved whim.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
This game and eve goons sounds loving awful

Helpimscared
Jun 16, 2014

objectively bad posted:

I really don't know why BOS waited until they got kicked. Over the past few years there's been a few times when they've seriously considered leaving GSF, some of options and ideas were pretty good too. Each time they decided against it but did absolutely nothing to address the reasons they were considering it in the first place, the reason being: a lot active members are very vocal about how much they hate strat ops, all-all fleets and the people who attend them.

Isn't this a lot of people in Waffe as well? I mean since GEWNS suck metric can be abysmal with no repercussions.

Helpimscared fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Jun 6, 2015

NovemberMike
Dec 28, 2008

Numismancer posted:

Yes, I am quite good at politics, which is why I know exactly what the offense is ~actually~ coming from, regardless of what many people claim it is. And hey, you're going to be even more angry when I call this poo poo out and underline precisely why I don't give a gently caress.

As far as I can tell, people are fine with BOS being kicked out. They aren't happy, but they understand that. What's weird is BOS being kicked out and then SV being denied SRP immediately afterwards.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
While Vyst and Atrum might just be bureaucratic cogs to you, keep in mind that to us they're among the most visible members of an administration whose inner workings are almost entirely opaque. They're Party Members, we're proles.

Also, despite their ostensibly low station or whatever they have more direct impact on our space-lives than someone higher up, much as the official approving passports in a small town might seem a more immediate power than the senator at the capitol.

Voyager I fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Jun 6, 2015

Jaroslav
Dec 31, 2007

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:
A big reason our pap stats were poo poo was because we forgot to do paps on our fleets most of the time :V

Anyways, I don't think anyone has to worry about a mass exodus from bos into waffe or whatever. We have the infrastructure and money to manage just fine and keep having fun til we figure out if we want do something else.

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010

NovemberMike posted:

As far as I can tell, people are fine with BOS being kicked out. They aren't happy, but they understand that. What's weird is BOS being kicked out and then SV being denied SRP immediately afterwards.

While hamhanded, atrums response does cover this. I believe many people are overly emotional about the situation because of the initial (and seeming willful) lack of transparancy by an autist who loves the commissar emote and does a job no one else wants to.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
SV was the only thing that kept me entertained for a while in this lovely game. Other eurotime content was pretty thin on the ground for a long time unless you were EG I suppose. Sad to hear the group has been headshotted along with BOS. End of an era for sure.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

NovemberMike posted:

What is hard to understand? Members of SV were talking about doing stupid poo poo in those regions and expecting the alliance to pick up the tab. Suas, historically, has been the only person able to unilaterally direct BOS/SV people to knock poo poo off, and he's not around. I dropped reimbursement of those regions until someone in SV leadership could get ahold of me, because at that point, I didn't even know if SV had any leadership left.

The only person who DID contact me directly was a newbie who had been in KarmaFleet a little over a month and who loves SV. I calmed him down and told him to wait a couple weeks and it will all be better.

I've treated SV exactly the same as any other entity in GSF who prioritizes an irrelevant space region over common sense (ie Delvegoons). The main difference is that Delvegoons carried that cross a hell of a lot better.

andromache fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Jun 6, 2015

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

NovemberMike posted:

And so we find out that was due to someone listening in on a jabber chat and mistaking some people being sad or angry with a plan to get petty revenge by abusing the SRP system.

Just like how mittens occasionally pokes his head in here and conflates the bullshitting or posts trying to figure out unexplained events with rebellion and ~truegoonism~.

Paranoia at the top, paranoia at the bottom. All easily fixable with a few minutes of pro-active communication.

Archimago
Jun 18, 2014

I just want to nom on Merrill
Communication breakdown, it's always the same.
I'm having a nervous breakdown, drive me insane.

NovemberMike
Dec 28, 2008

andromache posted:

What is hard to understand? Members of SV were talking about doing stupid poo poo in those regions and expecting the alliance to pick up the tab. Suas, historically, has been the only person able to unilaterally direct BOS/SV people to knock poo poo off, and he's not around. I dropped reimbursement of those regions until someone in SV leadership could get ahold of me, because at that point, I didn't even know if SV had any leadership left.

The only person who DID contact me directly was a newbie who had been in KarmaFleet a little over a month and who loves SV. I calmed him down and told him to wait a couple weeks and it will all be better.

I've treated SV exactly the same as any other entity in GSF who prioritizes an irrelevant space region over common sense (ie Delvegoons). The main difference is that Delvegoons carried that cross a hell of a lot better.

How hard would it have been to have said "I'm dropping SRP in SV regions until SV leadership gets in contact with me" instead of doing a commisar ping? I don't think any of the actual actions that were taken were wrong but there was a breakdown in communication.

objectively bad
Nov 11, 2006

ABANDONS HIS FRIENDS

Helpimscared posted:

Isn't this a lot of people in Waffe as well? I mean since GEWNS suck metric can be abysmal with no repercussions.

Kinda. I don't do strat ops but if I started getting a monthly warning about my poor strat op participation and was being told to get my poo poo together then I'd probably be proactive about either being useful or leaving. I definitely wouldn't ignore all the warnings and just carry on as normal until I got kicked.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Klyith posted:

And so we find out that was due to someone listening in on a jabber chat and mistaking some people being sad or angry with a plan to get petty revenge by abusing the SRP system.

Just like how mittens occasionally pokes his head in here and conflates the bullshitting or posts trying to figure out unexplained events with rebellion and ~truegoonism~.

Paranoia at the top, paranoia at the bottom. All easily fixable with a few minutes of pro-active communication.

Considering that over the last few years BOS/SV have had a lot of shady incidents involving alliance SRP, it's not paranoia so much as experience. I'm not talking about just the Providence deployment broadcast. Peacetime Reimbursement caps were instituted BECAUSE of certain members in SV/BOS racking up 3-5 billion isk tabs each month. Or how about thinking back just a little bit farther when the alliance discovered Suas was using alliance isk, alliance capitals, and alliance SIGs to fund his own little R64 empire in Syndicate. To me, last night was just another instance in a long line of stupid SV bullshit that I don't have any patience to untangle.

You should look at this as an opportunity to revamp SV, move the gently caress out of Syndicate, and rebrand from the ground up.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

I'm gay

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

I, too, am gay.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

andromache posted:

Considering that over the last few years BOS/SV have had a lot of shady incidents involving alliance SRP, it's not paranoia so much as experience. I'm not talking about just the Providence deployment broadcast. Peacetime Reimbursement caps were instituted BECAUSE of certain members in SV/BOS racking up 3-5 billion isk tabs each month. Or how about thinking back just a little bit farther when the alliance discovered Suas was using alliance isk, alliance capitals, and alliance SIGs to fund his own little R64 empire in Syndicate. To me, last night was just another instance in a long line of stupid SV bullshit that I don't have any patience to untangle.

You should look at this as an opportunity to revamp SV, move the gently caress out of Syndicate, and rebrand from the ground up.

What about Lyris Nairn blowing the loving doors off double reimbursement doing comical poo poo like taking solo battleships into BRAVE space and then getting applauded for it? This is another one of those cases where you don't bother to communicate what you actually want, further compounded by the fact that you've turned being a bitter rear end in a top hat into your schtick so it's hard to tell when you actually mean what you're saying or when you're just playing it up.

Also, gently caress rebranding. Maybe we need to do more of our chores, sure, but there's nothing wrong small-gang PvP as an identity and Syndicate is a conveniently located place to do it so long as the fights don't dry up. Fix fozzieceptors and maybe we can talk about doing anything in Dek.

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi

andromache posted:

Nah, Syndicate is pretty baller for not-harpy fleet pvp. Thanks for the advice and opportunity though!

Lord Xander
Jun 2, 2014

Syndic Thrass posted:

P sure he actually got married

In less then a day from now yes. And well he looks like a very happy man now.
So its all going good for him, no eve, nice wife, good life.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

He never sold that song to One Direction though.

Kilgarth
Dec 31, 2012

grumplestiltzkin posted:

Numerous high ranking people publicly saying they don't like the squad, the single biggest membercorp getting kicked out for not participating in peacetime "strat" ops, and having our srp ripped with no warning or reason communicated (by, again, a high ranking person who has publicly stated that they do not like the squad).

It may be :tinfoil: to think that the leadership doesn't want us around, but its pretty loving obvious why we'd think that. You're in the position you're in specifically because you're good at spaceship politics, so this "gosh I can't possibly imagine why you guys are so defensive" act is just purestrain poo poo. You're not that loving stupid, don't act like it.

I'm angry about the fact that I'm angry about internet spaceships, so here's an adorable sloth making cute noises

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Tdokh1KYuQ

BOS was the single biggest membercorp? Have you looked at the corps in GSF lately?

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Numismancer posted:

If you consider an auth director and a reimb director who are essentially bureaucrats with the absolute worst jobs in GSF to represent top-level alliance policy, you're grasping at straws.

Gee, I wonder why people don't have a crystal clear view of the intentionally opaque leadership structure. Such a mystery. Def can't figure it out.

Numismancer posted:

"We alone do small gang PvP, we alone hold the True Flame"

Sweet strawman, too bad literally nobody in sv thinks this is true.

Numismancer posted:

:words: about stratops

I get that when it comes to wartime its all hands on dick and lets facefuck nerds. You'll notice, however, that lots of SV members go on deployments. In fact, in some previous wars SV has deployed as a squad to do helpful things and dunk the nerds that need dunking. This was peacetime, however. There is no objective. There is no enemy at the gates to be fended off. We were in peacetime and a corp got kicked for failing to assist in ~strategic~ objectives. If we're not longer a "do whatever you want in peacetime, cta stratops are the only thing that matters" organization thats fine; it's your spaceship guild, just say so. But if we're gonna pretend that people can do whatever they want in peace time, lets not commissar groups for doing whatever they want in peacetime.

What REALLY annoys me about all of this is the total lack of communication with anyone in sv leadership. The first I heard of there being any issue was atrum sending a ping with two :commissar: emotes in it (again, totes tough to figure out why we think people don't like the squad). If there were people being shitlers, a quick "hey, you've got x y and z people being shitlers, calm those niggas down" would have been a great way to a)notify me so I could get those niggas to chill out and b)avoid us having a loving public slapfight about whether or not there's a vendetta against a stupid group in a stupid spaceship game.

The amount of spin being thrown out in this thread could loving rival Fox News.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

mpaarating posted:

Nah, Syndicate is pretty baller for not-harpy fleet pvp. Thanks for the advice and opportunity though!

Except our entire coalition has spent the last couple months consolidating in the North, bracing for FozzieSov, and you guys are navel gazing in the West and wondering why no one takes you seriously.

DelveGoons 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

• Locked thread