Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

The Bunk posted:

Walker actually looks pretty normal when you can only see one of his eyes.

This theorem needs work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

The possum done run thataway!

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Devor posted:

This theorem needs work

Christ, he really does always looked baked off his rear end.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Devor posted:

This theorem needs work

He has a real Manning face.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

rear end cobra posted:

Game Change 2016 will be my favorite book

It's going to be released in 3 volumes of 1500 pages each

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

He's not doing himself any favors getting Ed Miliband as his foodie-double:

(there's a wikipedia article about it!)

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

The X-man cometh posted:

It's going to be released in 3 volumes of 1500 pages each

Maybe it'll just start in media res, after the primary field gets culled to something manageable.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Absurd Alhazred posted:

He's not doing himself any favors getting Ed Miliband as his foodie-double:

(there's a wikipedia article about it!)

quote:

In October 2014, UK Independence Party leader Nigel Farage made headlines for eating a bacon sandwich while campaigning before the Heywood and Middleton by-election. The Guardian said that the sliced bread which Farage ate was easier to eat than the bread roll which Miliband had.

Oh for gently caress's sake Britain :cripes:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Yeah, which thread was it where someone was complaining about how the American experiment has failed and we should give the UK a call?

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Wikipedia posted:

Prime Minister David Cameron ate a hot dog with a knife and fork in April 2015 while campaigning for the upcoming general election.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

"The sandwich began to leak grease."

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Whoever it was that called for him to be played by Kevin Spacey in a fat suit was dead on. I never noticed it until now.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

I really like the optics on this and feel like it could be one of those pictures that go with a new chapter in the civics textbooks of 2025.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Is it bad that I sort of want one of the truly crazy republicans to win the presidency so I can watch the world burn?

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?

Jack2142 posted:

Is it bad that I sort of want one of the truly crazy republicans to win the presidency so I can watch the world burn?

Pretty sure that's just nihilism conquering your soul.

Bel Shazar
Sep 14, 2012

Trump 2016, because nihilism has conquered your soul.

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.

quote:

Is Ben Carson seriously displaying his hands like that on purpose as if they are a qualification?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Cigar Aficionado posted:

Is Ben Carson seriously displaying his hands like that on purpose as if they are a qualification?

It's good to show the crowd he's not armed.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Aliquid posted:

It's good to show the crowd he's not armed.

:golfclap:

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret

Cigar Aficionado posted:

I don't know, but my mind reads that as 'doctor pose' for some reasons. Surgeons are insanely careful about their hands.

... oh god, the poor man and hand-shaking time.

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.

Warcabbit posted:

I don't know, but my mind reads that as 'doctor pose' for some reasons. Surgeons are insanely careful about their hands.

... oh god, the poor man and hand-shaking time.

Yeah, the former pose is how you would rest your gloved hands on the operating table, and the latter pose is how you would hold your hands when you have nothing to rest them on. Hands can't go below the waist or above the shoulders, so you tend to get into these weird arrangements.

edit: former as in the one with the fingers down, latter as in the one with hands clasped

Cantorsdust fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Jun 7, 2015

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

I wonder how many fans have a picture of Dr. Ben Carson on their phone so they can make sure they're talking to the right black guy.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Gyges posted:

I wonder how many fans have a picture of Dr. Ben Carson on their phone so they can make sure they're talking to the right black guy.

"Glad to see you made it Herma-Allen-BEN!"

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

skaboomizzy posted:

The penny pin is also for people who want to cut spending on everything across the board by 1%.

every year for five years

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Bloomberg Politics met with one of the top logo producers and had him review the campaign logos

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_1U4wHY3bw

The one he hated the most?

Ben Carsom

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Bloomberg Politics met with one of the top logo producers and had him review the campaign logos

Ben Carsom

Haha, the look on the dude's face when he sees the spoilered one. It's the way you'd look if you turned over a biggish rock in your yard and 100,000 fire ants came pouring out, part surprise, part alarm.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Swagger Dagger posted:

It being mediocre was why I was surprised at how much access that Romney doc that hit Netflix had. I assumed they'd shut everyone out.

If I recall the Romney doc was made by a friend/supporter and was specifically an effort to promote and rehabilitate his image so of course there was plenty of access. I'm sure it was intended to build up his cult of personality if he won with the backup purpose of humanizing him and promoting his image if he lost.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Zwabu posted:

If I recall the Romney doc was made by a friend/supporter and was specifically an effort to promote and rehabilitate his image so of course there was plenty of access. I'm sure it was intended to build up his cult of personality if he won with the backup purpose of humanizing him and promoting his image if he lost.
It was originally supposed the be the inside story of the man who won the 2008 election, and then it became the not-quite-so-inside-story of the man who won the 2012 campaign, and then it became a look behind the scenes at the man who lost the 2008 and 2012 elections.

It was planned as a record of a triumphant campaign, but once Mitt lost the election, the film makers were left with a giant pile of footage and had to come up with another plan.

Lots of documentaries start as one thing and end up (by necessity) as something completely different. It's one of the challenges of the form.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Ben Carsom

He makes an interesting point with the Rand Paul one but I've never noticed the whole body of torch thing before so it might be a little too subtle.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Cantorsdust posted:

Yeah, the former pose is how you would rest your gloved hands on the operating table, and the latter pose is how you would hold your hands when you have nothing to rest them on. Hands can't go below the waist or above the shoulders, so you tend to get into these weird arrangements.

edit: former as in the one with the fingers down, latter as in the one with hands clasped

Is this something to do with surgery-room practice? Making sure you know where your hands are and where other people's hands are as you're moving around?

Obdicut
May 15, 2012

"What election?"

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Is this something to do with surgery-room practice? Making sure you know where your hands are and where other people's hands are as you're moving around?

So that your hands don't touch your scrubs, or any thing else around, so as not to contaminate the surfaces.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Jim Carrey as Scott Walker

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Wisconsin Democrats straw poll results:

**2015 Dem Convention straw poll results**

511 valid ballots

President 2016

Hillary Clinton 252
Bernie Sanders 208
Joe Biden 16
Martin O’Malley 16
Jim Webb 8
Lincoln Chafee 5
No vote 1

Write-ins:
Elizabeth Warren 4
Tom Vilsack 1

Nice of Tom to make it over from Iowa :unsmith:

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
I hadn't really considered Hillary's choice too much until now, but it seems like a deliberate attempt to distance her campaign from herself, if very subtly.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Obdicut posted:

So that your hands don't touch your scrubs, or any thing else around, so as not to contaminate the surfaces.
maybe he's just a C. Montgomery Burns admirer

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Santorum says: Politicians are qualified to talk about climate change. The Pope isn't.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

My favorite thing about candidate logos is how after Obama made his a bunch of right wing people tried to act like it was something nobody had ever done before and where does Obama get off?

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

Then politicians should shut the gently caress up about morality, Rick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Obdicut posted:

Basically this. Operating room practice is that anything that is not explicitly sterilized (came out of a plastic bag or an autoclave) is contaminated. Anything that touches something contaminated becomes automatically contaminated. You didn't come out of a bag or an autoclave, so we cover you in a gown, but you still have your face and hair up above that aren't sterile. You use a mask and a cap/hairnet, but still not 100%. Also, the gown only really covers the front effectively, so your back isn't sterile. Also you don't keep a close track of what your back touches, so even if your back were completely covered, you'd probably wind up brushing against something contaminated. So your back isn't sterile. The only part of you that is sterile is your hands and forearms and the part of your gown in the front. So you can't bring your hands up too high lest 1) you touch your face/hair/whatever or 2) your elbows--which aren't sterile--touch the field.

Also, the operating table isn't sterile, either. It just gets draped with sterile covers. So bringing your hands too low might brush against the non-sterile table or whatever. So the only safe zone for your hands is between your waist and your shoulders. So if you have nothing to do with your hands, they stay clasped together at your belly so that you aren't touching anything or getting outside of the safe zone. And since you can't touch anything contaminated, you have to be really careful and focus on what you're resting your hands on. It's easiest just to rest them on the draped patient or operating field just because that's the one thing you know is sterile. So after a few weeks in the OR, you'll just unconsciously hold your hands like that.

edit: if this sounds silly and semi-ritualistic to you, yeah, it kinda is. But no surgeon wants to risk post-op infection--the administrators track each surgeon's individual stats very closely.

Cantorsdust fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Jun 7, 2015

• Locked thread