Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

philkop
Oct 19, 2008

Chomp chomp chomp...We have the legendary Magic Beans
Goon Made Wallets
Looking to trade some gear. Located in Orlando, but I'm willing to ship if the trade or price is right.

Trades considered
Feel free to shoot me some oddball offers but I am specifically looking for:
-Line 6 m9
-mission engineering ep1 expression or ernieball 25k expression pedal
-Tech 21 blonde deluxe (or any character series) or Joyo American (or similar)
-Kaoss Pad (red mini KP preferred)
-pedal guitar tuner (pitch black preferred)
-pedaltrain jr (with case preferred)
-Nice modular patch cable kit
-4-8 channel mixer
-rc 505 looper.

My gear

Roland Jazz Chorus JC-55

The JC 55 is the younger brother of the famously clean JC 120. I have owned both amps and I actually prefer the sound of the 55. The smaller speakers lend a slightly more nasal honk that sounds a bit more like a guitar amp then the 120 does. The 55 is more than loud enough to keep up with a drummer.

Maschine Original complete with fully licensed software V1

Selling this because my laptop cannot handle live performance, so I'm building an analog rig that doesn't really on a computer.

The Good-This is a sweet rear end box for home / studio use. I am including the full version of the software and upon purchase, I will transfer my NI account to your email so that you have the fully licensed and activated program. The preset sound bank is phenomenal and will take you a very long way before you feel the need for more.

The Bad-As you already know if you are reading this, this is the oldest Maschine model and original version of the software. The newer ones have some fancy extra features and lights. This a great budget alternative that is still fully functional and ready to make some music.

The Ugly-Although this unit is in great condition, the usb input in the back is slightly loose, causing it to slip out easily. This is not a problem for desktop/home use, but I am trying to put together a live rig where I can move... a lot. Sitting on your music station, this will be no problem.

Manlius Strat Chigago Blues Pickups

Strat pups made with Alnico 2 magnets instead of the usual 5. A much sweeter and slightly fatter sound. Neck and middle pickups are 7.1.Bridge is 8.9

Seagull Acoustic

A little beat up cosmetically but it is still fully functional and a solid acoustic. Sounds and plays great. A little too deep and woody for my taste compared to my Taylor. Great guitar if that's the sound your into.

philkop fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Jun 16, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

I'm looking to sell my 1970 silverface Fender Vibratone (Leslie 18) cabinet. It includes the original cables / filter and footswitch. All the grilles are in place and original.

The tolex is a little beaten up, and the grille cloth has some snags / holes, but it's in great shape inside and it sounds awesome. I'm currently trying to diagnose an issue where the motor doesn't want to kick up to high-speed sometimes - I suspect this is a simple lubrication issue but I'm not sure where.

Anyway, it's not getting enough use, and it's too big to be disused. I'd like to get $700 out of it, but I'll consider a higher-end 4x10 guitar cabinet (like a Mesa Lone Star; + cash as applicable) as a trade.

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006
I've got the Leslie counterpart. Mother fuckers heavy.

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

juche mane posted:

I've got the Leslie counterpart. Mother fuckers heavy.

You are not lying. So yeah, Seattle area guitar goons get a special deal (I'll deliver it to you).

philkop
Oct 19, 2008

Goon Made Wallets
anybody have an fs-6 lying around? Or any other similar footswitch?

Looking to connect it to my apc40

Hollis Brownsound
Apr 2, 2009

by Lowtax
So, I'm still trying to sell these Cascade Fatheads w/ Lundahl transformers. Used lightly, always stored upright. Comes with Blumlein bar!

Looking to get $325 for these

ART Digital MPA

Looking to get $275 for this. Always used in my smoke free home studio, in a rack. I upgraded the stock Chinese tubes to Ruby Tubes 12AX7s. This is a very cool unit, can be used as a stand alone dual channel mic pre or can add 2 inputs into your interface via ADAT or SPDIF.

Raines 7 string Strat Style Guitar. Honestly I don't know much about this instrument. I'm selling this for one of mu instructors. I just restring it and set it up. Plays well. Sounds Pretty Good. $450 OBO

[timg]http://i.imgur.com/4KL7HZY.jpg[/itmg]

And just because here's a Last Generation 160gb. Good shape, everything works. These go for $200-$300 on eBay it looks like. $175 Shipped?

[timg]http://i.imgur.com/P2u9q7I.jpg[/itmg]

Panterica
Oct 24, 2003
I'm looking for a used EVH USA or Peavey Wolfgang. No specials or EXP's. No hardtails, Floyd Rose only, It doesn't have to be in mint condition, but the frets need to be like new. My price cap is $2500. Green or blue Peavey's and a Stealth EVH are my most wanted.

Located in Rutland, VT USA. In all likelihood I'll pass on international sellers, but try me if you've got something special.

philkop
Oct 19, 2008

Goon Made Wallets
There's a good deal on a keyboard near me but I can't spend any money but need it by tomorrow night.

I have a set up strat pickups (from a few posts ago) and a ditto looper with power.

Will let go for $120 shipped if bought asap.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

philkop posted:

There's a good deal on a keyboard near me but I can't spend any money but need it by tomorrow night.

I have a set up strat pickups (from a few posts ago) and a ditto looper with power.

Will let go for $120 shipped if bought asap.

could use a ditto looper but not super in need of one, how much for that jawn? don't new adapter

philkop
Oct 19, 2008

Goon Made Wallets

Smash it Smash hit posted:

could use a ditto looper but not super in need of one, how much for that jawn? don't new adapter

Sold

philkop fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Jun 16, 2015

The Bunk
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, I just don't know
where to begin.
Fun Shoe
Does anyone have a Bass Big Muff they want to get rid of? Also, once my guitar player remembers to bring it back I'll have a Zoom G3 to sell/trade if anyone is interested.

philkop
Oct 19, 2008

Goon Made Wallets
I have a Line 6 M9 and the Mission engineering expression pedal that goes with it.

E: sold

philkop fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Jun 18, 2015

extendedsolo
Oct 14, 2005

Yes, this is going to hurt.

philkop posted:

I have a Line 6 M9 and the Mission engineering expression pedal that goes with it.

I'd do $325 shipped for the pair.

In your honest opinion how does the M9 sound at loud volumes such as when playing live?

philkop
Oct 19, 2008

Goon Made Wallets

extendedsolo posted:

In your honest opinion how does the M9 sound at loud volumes such as when playing live?

Processed.

If your going for that "put together" studio sound live, it's pretty cool with the right sound guy and some good eqing.

I'm not going for that, and I lost too much of my amps natural airyness and clarity. Then again I have a Roland JC55. One of the cleanest amps around.

E: I suspect it would do better in the effects loop, but unfortunately the jc 55 doesn't have one.

extendedsolo
Oct 14, 2005

Yes, this is going to hurt.

philkop posted:

Processed.

If your going for that "put together" studio sound live, it's pretty cool with the right sound guy and some good eqing.

I'm not going for that, and I lost too much of my amps natural airyness and clarity. Then again I have a Roland JC55. One of the cleanest amps around.

E: I suspect it would do better in the effects loop, but unfortunately the jc 55 doesn't have one.

well I really just need it for a one off performance and am deciding between this and a POD xt Live. Probably running through that roland amp or a fender of some sort. I know you aren't going to get the BEST sounds out of it and would rather not buy a bunch of pedals

philkop
Oct 19, 2008

Goon Made Wallets

extendedsolo posted:

well I really just need it for a one off performance and am deciding between this and a POD xt Live. Probably running through that roland amp or a fender of some sort. I know you aren't going to get the BEST sounds out of it and would rather not buy a bunch of pedals

Sold mine, but I'm still down to give advice. I spent a lot of time with an m13, this m9, and a podhd500x at one point.

Sound wise, most of these will certainly cut it, and help you eliminate the need for a lot of pedals. Except for distortion or drives... Unless you have a tube amp and your simply using the drives to push your amps natural distortion, you won't find anything in these boxes that will prevent the need for more pedals. I'd take a stock OD-1 over any distortion in the box.

Most people who pick these up use them for delays/modulation effects, which are great disconcerting you have access to access to almost any sound you can imagine.

Hollis Brownsound
Apr 2, 2009

by Lowtax
FREE STRINGS BITCHES!

So I'm cleaning out some of the old stock from my space.

I have:

Gibson Branded Pure Nickel 11's x 7
Gibson Branded Pure Nickel 10's x 5
Rev Wiily 8's (lol)x4

Just charging the cost of shipping

PM me w/ your ZIP.

philkop
Oct 19, 2008

Goon Made Wallets

Hollis Brownsound posted:

FREE STRINGS BITCHES!

So I'm cleaning out some of the old stock from my space.

I have:

Gibson Branded Pure Nickel 11's x 7
Gibson Branded Pure Nickel 10's x 5
Rev Wiily 8's (lol)x4

Just charging the cost of shipping

PM me w/ your ZIP.
Dibs on willies (lol)

Hollis Brownsound
Apr 2, 2009

by Lowtax
As predicted, all strings are claimed, if anything happens i'll update.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Your PM box is too fat brother, clean it out a little bit so i can reply

Hollis Brownsound
Apr 2, 2009

by Lowtax

NTT posted:

Your PM box is too fat brother, clean it out a little bit so i can reply

yep i just got the email.

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."

philkop posted:

Sold mine, but I'm still down to give advice. I spent a lot of time with an m13, this m9, and a podhd500x at one point.

Sound wise, most of these will certainly cut it, and help you eliminate the need for a lot of pedals. Except for distortion or drives... Unless you have a tube amp and your simply using the drives to push your amps natural distortion, you won't find anything in these boxes that will prevent the need for more pedals. I'd take a stock OD-1 over any distortion in the box.

Most people who pick these up use them for delays/modulation effects, which are great disconcerting you have access to access to almost any sound you can imagine.

Agreed, I have a Johnson J-Station that I use for most of my effects but digital distortion (with a few exceptions I imagine) is generally unusable, so I use a BD-2 along with it.

Also somewhat unrelated but if anyone here is considering buying a Fender 'Hot-Rod' Dexlue the built in Overdrive sucks.

philkop
Oct 19, 2008

Goon Made Wallets
Anybody want an AKAI MPK25 with upgraded touch sensitivity pads?

It's basically brand new and it takes up too much real estate on my desk. I'm going to be getting an Artuia minilab instead.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

philkop posted:

I'm going to be getting an Artuia minilab instead.
Oh, man, that thing was so underwhelming when I got it. I eventually did get used to the feel of the keys, but the encoders are still jumpy as gently caress and when they're not skipping values, they're still slo-o-ow (three full rotations for going through the full controller range once). Considering I mainly bought it to get more knobs, I'm just glad I found another niche for it in my setup.

I recommend not installing/activating the included software for a couple of days until you've decided whether the hardware works out for you. That will make returning it easier, should that turn out to be what you want to do.

Here's a summing up of a couple of alternatives and even though it's a pretty non-committal article, they still imply the minilab wouldn't be worth buying if you weren't specifically looking for the software bundle.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Flipperwaldt posted:

Oh, man, that thing was so underwhelming when I got it. I eventually did get used to the feel of the keys, but the encoders are still jumpy as gently caress and when they're not skipping values, they're still slo-o-ow (three full rotations for going through the full controller range once). Considering I mainly bought it to get more knobs, I'm just glad I found another niche for it in my setup.

I recommend not installing/activating the included software for a couple of days until you've decided whether the hardware works out for you. That will make returning it easier, should that turn out to be what you want to do.

Here's a summing up of a couple of alternatives and even though it's a pretty non-committal article, they still imply the minilab wouldn't be worth buying if you weren't specifically looking for the software bundle.

Ah poo poo, I already ordered one of those and it's waiting for me in the USA. Probably too late to return it. Ah well, I did mainly want the software, and it might at least be ebay-able when I get back to Oz.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Trig Discipline posted:

Ah poo poo, I already ordered one of those and it's waiting for me in the USA. Probably too late to return it. Ah well, I did mainly want the software, and it might at least be ebay-able when I get back to Oz.
In combination with the Arturia software, the encoders work in relative mode, ie. they essentially only submit "nudge value up/down", rather than a specific value. That should make the skipping less of an issue.

It's just about reasonable value if you can consider the software to be worth about half of what it costs. I wasn't interested in that at all.

philkop
Oct 19, 2008

Goon Made Wallets

Flipperwaldt posted:

Thanks dude. That sounds really crummy.

The main thing about the minilab was workflow for me. I would definitely use the pads for drums. And I set up my drum rack as "The last drum rack you'll ever need" so having a knob right above each pad to cycle through my drum samples would be the tits. I'd use the knob directly above for transpose on each drum hit so I could tune kits on the fly.

Do you happen to know if knobs change when you change the midi channel?

I'll still try it out, but I'll take your advice on not installing the software.

philkop fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Jun 28, 2015

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Flipperwaldt posted:

In combination with the Arturia software, the encoders work in relative mode, ie. they essentially only submit "nudge value up/down", rather than a specific value. That should make the skipping less of an issue.

It's just about reasonable value if you can consider the software to be worth about half of what it costs. I wasn't interested in that at all.

I bought it as part of a package with Bitwig, and I consider it worth it for Bitwig alone. I'd obviously be happier if the keyboard was amazing, but I won't cry myself to sleep if it sucks.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

philkop posted:

Do you happen to know if knobs change when you change the midi channel?

I'll still try it out, but I'll take your advice on not installing the software.
You can set up each individual knob to be either global (= follow the channel setting for the keyboard) or to a specific channel. Same for the pads.

The pads are ok. Workflow to switch midi channels or presets is good, actually. Apart from the fact that it will always start up in Arturia mode where the knobs are set to relative and thus useless for anything else. First thing will always be to select a preset.

And yeah, by all means, try. I may or may not be a big whiny baby about it or maybe their quality control is poo poo and there's a chance you get a perfectly working specimen.

Trig Discipline posted:

I bought it as part of a package with Bitwig, and I consider it worth it for Bitwig alone. I'd obviously be happier if the keyboard was amazing, but I won't cry myself to sleep if it sucks.
The keyboard... I hated it. But it got better when I started using it on a surface that's rock solid. Any flex and you might have trouble holding down chords. But I'm sure there was an element of getting used to it too. I don't hate it now.

I hope you don't necessarily need the minilab as hardware dongle for Bitwig though. That would be annoying if you end up disliking it.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Flipperwaldt posted:

I hope you don't necessarily need the minilab as hardware dongle for Bitwig though. That would be annoying if you end up disliking it.

Oh lord no. I bought the bitwig + minilab combo for $249, got the bitwig serial via email, and had the minilab sent to my mom's place in the USA. I've been bitwigging for months now and loving it, but won't even see the minilab + software until the end of July. Sounds like the keyboard will be going up on Ebay when I get back to Australia, but I'm find with $249 - $keyboard_ebay for Bitwig and the Arturia software.

I may have already asked, but has anyone had a chance to play with one of the new Akai Pro Advance keyboards yet? They look like the new NI Kontrol keyboards, but less expensive. I'm just wondering what the keys feel like.

philkop
Oct 19, 2008

Goon Made Wallets

Flipperwaldt posted:

You can set up each individual knob to be either global (= follow the channel setting for the keyboard) or to a specific channel. Same for the pads.

Ugh, that sounds perfect for my workflow. Hopefully it was just a fluke and I get a semi decent box.

For anyone curious - here is a video demonstrating the pad upgrade to the MPK25 I'm selling, because if your looking to buy one of these, you probably know the pads are garbage stock.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRpLXz2LlRg

And a picture since I am selling this: Looking for $150 shipped OBO

philkop fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Jun 28, 2015

Rusty Penguin
Dec 27, 2012

Rusty Penguin fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Jul 5, 2015

Panterica
Oct 24, 2003
sold

Panterica fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Jul 6, 2015

philkop
Oct 19, 2008

Goon Made Wallets

Flipperwaldt posted:

minilab stuff

Just picked one up/ I'm in love.

I have the same issues as you with the knobs until I opened the editor and set all of the knobs to "absolute mode" with a value of 1-127. Works like a charm, no jumpiness.

Might be worth checking out if you still have yours!

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

philkop posted:

Just picked one up/ I'm in love.

I have the same issues as you with the knobs until I opened the editor and set all of the knobs to "absolute mode" with a value of 1-127. Works like a charm, no jumpiness.

Might be worth checking out if you still have yours!
No, the jumpiness for me was in absolute mode. Checked and verified with a midi monitor program, no matter how fast or slow I turned the knob, random values would drop out randomly. Which isn't a problem when you're setting an approximate filter value or something, but in a situation like yours, where you want a knob to select a sample from a list, it's unacceptable that it would randomly skip some. (I had mine bound to the octave setting of an oscillator, but the same applies). Especially when you reach zero and it keeps transmitting 1 and you have to twist back a bit and try again. That's not cool.

But I'm glad you're not experiencing problems so far. It's possible I've got a first generation one or something.

philkop
Oct 19, 2008

Goon Made Wallets

Flipperwaldt posted:

No, the jumpiness for me was in absolute mode. Checked and verified with a midi monitor program, no matter how fast or slow I turned the knob, random values would drop out randomly. Which isn't a problem when you're setting an approximate filter value or something, but in a situation like yours, where you want a knob to select a sample from a list, it's unacceptable that it would randomly skip some. (I had mine bound to the octave setting of an oscillator, but the same applies). Especially when you reach zero and it keeps transmitting 1 and you have to twist back a bit and try again. That's not cool.

But I'm glad you're not experiencing problems so far. It's possible I've got a first generation one or something.

drat that blows. I guess I got lucky. It's really messed up how some of these companies treat their low end. The customer is that much less likely to consider that brand when GAS inevitably strikes and they go looking for higher end gear.

Looking for gear

I'm looking for your studio monitors or monitor style headphones. I just want to be able to create a decent mix. I'll take what I can get so long as its at least trying to produce a flat response.

I'm trading a badass custom wallet, and I will cover shipping on both ends. More details here
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3728902

Jotun
May 8, 2005

Come on, touch it. You know you want to.
Cross-posting these from SA Mart in case anybody's interested!: http://forums.somethingawful.com/editpost.php?action=editpost&postid=447125339

Jotun posted:

If you have any questions and/or want to shoot me an offer, feel free to PM me or respond here in the thread. For more/fullsize pics, check out the full Imgur album here.

Orange Dark Terror 15/7-Watt Hi-Gain Tube Head - $500 (pickup) / $525 (shipped)

This thing is in immaculate condition, still looks and plays just like brand new. Has only seen light/minimal use, mainly just because I’ve been buried in all electronic music projects lately. They're going for ~$650 new/$550 used these days, I’m asking $500 [$525 shipped]. Comes with original gig bag, power cable, and box, plus a speaker cable for hooking up to your cab.

Don’t let its size fool you, this baby can put out a TON of sound, and despite its deceptively simple front panel has a really impressively versatile range of tones. It’s got all the classic fuzzy Orange crunch, of course (which makes it really great for a lot of ambient/droney/stoner jam styles, among other things), but it also does beautifully smooth & bright clean tones, heavier drive for metal leads (hence the name, I assume), and a whole bunch of other fun poo poo in between. Tough to sum it up in words, but if you haven’t had a chance to play one yourself, definitely check out some demos online – that’s what really ended up selling me on it. I’ve always had good experiences with Orange amps I’ve owned before but the sound quality and versatility of this one still surprises me, and you’d be hard-pressed to find a better all-Tube/'Valve' amp out there in its price-range.

Marshall JCM 900 1960A 4x12 Lead Slant Guitar Cabinet - asking around $450 (but open to offers) (pickup, PA/NJ)

Apart from the few totally superficial scuffs and dings it’s had on the exterior since I bought it – just your usual cosmetic wear and tear, pretty much – it’s been taken extremely good care of and is in great shape all-around. Still works/plays good as new, and still sounds awesome with just about any setup you wanna throw at it! 4x12 killer Celestion G12T-75 speakers, 300W. Selectable Mono/Stereo (8 ohm; 16/4 ohm). Dimensions: 30"W x 32-3/4"H x 14-1/4"D. Weighs ~80 lbs. New ones go for somewhere around $900 I believe, used anywhere from ~$400-$650-ish - I'm asking $450.

Obviously pickup is greatly preferred since shipping will no doubt be tough/expensive as hell – if you’re anywhere in the greater Philly/Southeast PA or Central NJ area, or can get yourself there, I’m sure we can figure something out. I’ve got a truck so drop-off might be a possibility too, depending on where you’re at.

[Note: definitely willing to give preference and/or cut a special deal to anybody interested in picking up both the head & cab together, just because it makes things easier for me.] I absolutely love this head & cab (both individually and as a combo) and probably wouldn’t even be thinking of selling them if I wasn’t moving a couple thousand miles away to a different country in the next few weeks, but I am so tough titty. Now it's someone else's turn - give them a good (loud!) home.

Jotun fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Jul 2, 2015

philkop
Oct 19, 2008

Goon Made Wallets

Jotun posted:

Cross-posting these from SA Mart in case anybody's interested!: http://forums.somethingawful.com/editpost.php?action=editpost&postid=447125339

Is the string included or does it come at an additional cost?

E: Would you be willing to part out the string for sale on its own?

Jotun
May 8, 2005

Come on, touch it. You know you want to.

philkop posted:

Is the string included or does it come at an additional cost?

E: Would you be willing to part out the string for sale on its own?

Hah! Wasn't gonna charge a premium for it but since you asked...

Yeah, in case it isn't clear from the pics there's a rip/tear on the very outside of the vinyl/tolexy stuff on top there - I never really cared & rarely ever notice it most of the time anyway honestly, but I made sure to get a nice big shiny pic of it just so it's visible in case anybody else does so there's no surprises. It's very superficial and doesn't peel back or get in the way or anything so I've always just left it be, it's just kinda there; I've seen some people go hog wild with the tape or occasionally less lazy DIY fix it stuff all over their older ones but I've never had any issues with mine personally.

If it's enough of a thing to be worth knocking a bit more off the price to anybody else over though I can totally understand that/am more than happy to entertain offers :nsacloud:!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TopherCStone
Feb 27, 2013

I am very important and deserve your attention
e: never mind, reading comprehension