Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lascivious Sloth
Apr 26, 2008

by sebmojo
Mr Robot was.. amazing :O

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

Josh Lyman posted:

The first few seasons were pretty good.

What reality do you live in and can I move there? S1 broke me.

Manos del Sino
Apr 12, 2004

Original Pony
Soiled Meat

LORD OF BUTT posted:

Is Teen Wolf like, actually good, or is it just relatively good? My interest has been piqued ever since I found out that Johnny Cage from the Mortal Kombat movie plays a major supporting character, but man does that show not look like my loving bag at all.

Surprisingly good considering.

To expand, it's a supernatural teen-oriented show on MTV. It's a colossal recipe for disaster, yet manages to be a rather decent show with a likable cast that would fit in with any of the genre shows on CW.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
I haven't seen the past 2 seasons(4/5?) but 1-3 were pretty good.
As an aside, it's great to see tumblr at work, pairing two straight guys when there is a gay guy already available.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

muscles like this? posted:

You know, Adventure Time sure gets some weird guest stars. Like Andy Daly, Paul Scheer and Tig Notaro (just from the season finale.)

I have watched this season of that show. What the gently caress is adventure time now? Seriously, what is it supposed to be now?

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

IRQ posted:

I have watched this season of that show. What the gently caress is adventure time now? Seriously, what is it supposed to be now?

ftl if u didnt interpret the season finale as a plea against teen suicide

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

precision posted:

So it's an entirely different show than season 1? I mean I'm just saying, season 1 was awful on every level.

Well they changed out the head writer, so that's something.

It sort of feels like latter day True Blood but not as obnoxious.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

LORD OF BUTT posted:

Is Teen Wolf like, actually good, or is it just relatively good? My interest has been piqued ever since I found out that Johnny Cage from the Mortal Kombat movie plays a major supporting character, but man does that show not look like my loving bag at all.

Actually good.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

less laughter posted:

Actually good.

I'll second that.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

IRQ posted:

A case study in watching a children's cartoon disappear completely up its own rear end - and beyond!

Oh Snapple! fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Jun 8, 2015

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Oh Snapple! posted:

A case study in watching a children's cartoon disappear completely up its own rear end - and beyond!

The pilot episode was fine, I don't know what happened to the show after that.

(see Glee)

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Oh Snapple! posted:

Even in the first season they had people like Maria Bamford on as voice actors, I don't know why a show by and for alt-comedy nerds having even more alt-comedy people on it is notable.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

More like the Alternative to Comedy!!

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
If a kids show is "for alt-comedy nerds" it kinda hosed up somewhere along the line. Just saying.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Oh Snapple! posted:

Wait, I thought Dan Harmon's cartoon was Rick and Morty.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Adventure Time season 6 owned and is the best season. It's possible to disagree with this opinion but then you're making it known you're a dumb whiny baby who's more interested in analysing whether it's too much this or that for children anymore than whether or not you yourself are actually enjoying it.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Mu Zeta posted:

The West Wing characters talk about their degrees more than any other show.

That's just Sorkin in general. If you went to a bad school you don't matter in his world.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

IRQ posted:

Behold, as a show originally meant for children magically transforms into a show made for man-children!

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
Grown adults trying to be the arbiter of what children do and do not enjoy will never not be funny. Won't someone think of the hypothetical children?

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

raditts posted:

Behold, as a show originally meant for children magically transforms into a show made for man-children!

Actually, all the man children switched to Stephen Universe because Adventure Time got too mature for them.

Manchildren want bright colors, simplistic themes and comforting narratives, not some existential horseshit about moths. (see also: My Little Pony, Gravity Falls)

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
Stephen Universe is the exact same show as My Little Pony, but with humans.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

So it's got its own version of bronies and the uh... fanart that comes along with that? I'm not sure I want to know any more.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

raditts posted:

So it's got its own version of bronies and the uh... fanart that comes along with that? I'm not sure I want to know any more.

It does indeed. They also argue with brownies over which fandom is being less messed up.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

corn in the bible posted:

Stephen Universe is the exact same show as My Little Pony, but with humans.

No they made that, like literally they made exactly that, with the same characters.

It is exactly as bad as you're thinking.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

IRQ posted:

No they made that, like literally they made exactly that, with the same characters.

It is exactly as bad as you're thinking.

IRQ confirmed as brony

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

BSam posted:

The pilot episode was fine, I don't know what happened to the show after that.

(see Glee)

Glee was consistently good/great for 9 episodes, I still recommend them to people. They rarely listen when I tell them to stop there, though.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Steven Universe also rules but I cannot defend the fandom and never will because aughhhhhhh it's loving horrible

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I've seen a bit of Stephen Universe when my nephew has watched it, and the main thing that stuck out to me is how bad the sound work is on it.

The voices feel... fake? I don't know how to describe it. Like they're outside the rest of the audio.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Bown posted:

Steven Universe also rules but I cannot defend the fandom and never will because aughhhhhhh it's loving horrible

My fiance had a class with a brony last semester. First one I've seen in real life. Totally horrifying.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
So since Netflix added 3rd Rock from the Sun some of my friends appear to be in a competition to see who can reference the fact they're rewatching it and think it's still *so good* the most. Has anyone else encountered this? It's some of the most bizarre pretentious behaviour I've ever seen.

I mean I know it's real good but this is just weird

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Bown posted:

So since Netflix added 3rd Rock from the Sun some of my friends appear to be in a competition to see who can reference the fact they're rewatching it and think it's still *so good* the most. Has anyone else encountered this? It's some of the most bizarre pretentious behaviour I've ever seen.

I mean I know it's real good but this is just weird

make fun of their pedestrian tastes and tell them one day they will discover News Radio

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

make fun of their pedestrian tastes and tell them one day they will discover News Radio

Phil Hartman was a national treasure.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

IRQ posted:

Phil Hartman was a national treasure.

I may be a simple caveman, but I still know that Phil Hartman was the greatest comic genius of his day, and we should all mourn his tragic passing (AND repeal the capital gains tax!).

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Bown posted:

some of my friends appear to be in a competition to see who can reference the fact they're rewatching it and think it's still *so good* the most. Has anyone else encountered this?

I know you're not new to TVIV but I feel I must ask, are you new to TVIV?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Speaking of TVIV who's looking forward to next fall's hottest conflict: Deadpool Has to Listen to Endless Arguments From GoT Fans About Whether We Still Need Two Threads or Not and Also Has to Decide About It?

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

zoux posted:

Speaking of TVIV who's looking forward to next fall's hottest conflict: Deadpool Has to Listen to Endless Arguments From GoT Fans About Whether We Still Need Two Threads or Not and Also Has to Decide About It?

How are those shitshows going anyway? I've heard the buzz is that people aren't liking this season or something so I imagine they're even funner to mod than before..

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

zoux posted:

I don't deal with any Game of Thrones stuff. That's the other guy.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

IRQ posted:

How are those shitshows going anyway? I've heard the buzz is that people aren't liking this season or something so I imagine they're even funner to mod than before..

Well around here they're the worst thing ever but elsewhere people are digging the season alot and it has the highest average IMDB rating per episode of any season. Last week's episode was arguably the best episode the show has ever done.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

DoctorWhat posted:

I may be a simple caveman, but I still know that Phil Hartman was the greatest comic genius of his day, and we should all mourn his tragic passing (AND repeal the capital gains tax!).

P.S. the crow flies at midnight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
The season started off a bit slow because a lot of the storylines were in a kind of transitional state, but GoT's been on fire in the last few weeks as it wraps up the season.

VDay fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Jun 8, 2015

• Locked thread