Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I have a stupid question. Sometimes when i respawn after being splatted I see my teammates respawn and then launch themselves halfway across the map. How do I do this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Tap your teammates on the gamepad screen.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Anidav posted:

gently caress Krackon spam. Some teams just loving suck and let them camp the zone. Shoot him you morons.

Shoot Kraken you mean? Bitch is invincible except to a roller rolling them over i believe.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Just rollers in general. They never get killed because they keep killing on the zone.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

I have a stupid question. Sometimes when i respawn after being splatted I see my teammates respawn and then launch themselves halfway across the map. How do I do this?

Click on a teammate and you can Super Jump to their position. You can do it at any time, not just the spawn point.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Tengames posted:

there's a glitch to go out of bounds in inkopolis. here's one video I found showing how you you do it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flGtkqi0rJM

Voiced by Spyke himself.

E: Go team Bird

Dizz fucked around with this message at 12:43 on Jun 8, 2015

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Custom blaster is dirty as hell and the point sensor is actually an absurdly good combo with it. Chuck some subweapon distance buffs on it and you can tear 'em up. Even if your aim isn't perfect, if you find the right spacing you've usually got 2-hit kills, and you can pick off wimpy charger users that try to hide over ledges with the splash. The real key is bating people into your range.

Rapid blaster is the only variant actually viable for turf war, though.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Once you figure out how to play Ink Brush it's like a pure adrenaline rush. Gotta go fast

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Welp had a braindead pubbie with the bright idea to go inking up the enemy's side. On Ranked. With the entire enemy team in the center of the map on the Zone pushing our poo poo in :bravo:.

Orabilis
May 6, 2014
Would you recommend turning off motion controls? I'm new to console shooters in general. While the gyroscope it seems fairly responsive, I always get my x-axis mixed up.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Orabilis posted:

Would you recommend turning off motion controls? I'm new to console shooters in general. While the gyroscope it seems fairly responsive, I always get my x-axis mixed up.

Nah, the motion controls are significantly better than standard twin stick controls once you get used to them. They're also pretty much required to be competitive with any gun that shoots farther than 10 feet.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Orabilis posted:

Try and just use the gyroscope for vertical aiming and veeeery slight changes to horizontal aiming. I used twin sticks for over a week and then after 15 minutes on my friend's game I couldn't go back. Also mess with the sensitivity until you find the setting that suits you the best.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

PsychoInternetHawk posted:

I really don't understand why people do this, without stealth jump or recon going in anywhere totally blind is really bad. Unless the map/death tracker indicates that everyone else is far away, you're basically flashing a big "shoot me" sign, especially on smaller stages like warehouse where it takes you all of six seconds to reach the middle.

I have seen people jump to me right near the spawn too for that matter. Why? It literally takes longer to charge and jump than it does to swim. Just because you can jump does not mean you should.

I've done that accidentally a couple of times, sometimes when your teammates are all running around and the little dotted lines pointing to each person are tangled up it's hard to tell who's who.
Unless your guy is on the opposite side of the map it's usually just as fast to squid to where you need to go from spawn, though.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Welp had a braindead pubbie with the bright idea to go inking up the enemy's side. On Ranked. With the entire enemy team in the center of the map on the Zone pushing our poo poo in :bravo:.

That's not a bad thing. he's still claiming a good position for you to jump on and flank them. Would you have preferred him to get his poo poo kicked in with the rest of the team?

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

raditts posted:

I've done that accidentally a couple of times, sometimes when your teammates are all running around and the little dotted lines pointing to each person are tangled up it's hard to tell who's who.
Unless your guy is on the opposite side of the map it's usually just as fast to squid to where you need to go from spawn, though.

You can tap on their minimap arrow, you don't need to try and follow the lines.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Neddy Seagoon posted:

This isn't a completely poo poo idea. I've gone up the sides of Walleye in an attempt to flank the other team with some success, but I somehow assume this wasn't what he was doing.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
The best part about painting the enemy base is that when you kill one of them they'll basically respawn with a full special meter. Use this to lure them into a false sense of security.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

ComradeCosmobot posted:

This isn't a completely poo poo idea. I've gone up the sides of Walleye in an attempt to flank the other team with some success, but I somehow assume this wasn't what he was doing.

Nope. Yes you can totally do it to flank them (hell its hilarious jumping a Charger from behind), but all four guys were on the Zone (or Super Jumping straight back) while he just spent the round painting the ground om their side. Far from where anything was going on.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
I caved and bought this game. Oh god why am I so bad at this game?

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Because you don't believe in yourself. I believe in you, though. You can triumph.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!
I find that the "sneak-up behind them" strategy works best against annoying snipers in the skatepark and rig levels. In the others you usually wind up leaving too obvious of a trail of paint and the walk/swim is significantly longer

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Shoot Kraken you mean? Bitch is invincible except to a roller rolling them over i believe.

You can shoot krakens and bubblers to push them backwards. In fact, invincible enemies are affected more, which is why I'm glad I graduated from the jr to the aerospray. Getting knocked around while you're trying to push is infuriating.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

MarquiseMindfang posted:

-get to level 3
-buy a roller
-drown your enemies in bloodink

oopsie rock
Oct 12, 2012

Deceptive Thinker posted:

I find that the "sneak-up behind them" strategy works best against annoying snipers in the skatepark and rig levels. In the others you usually wind up leaving too obvious of a trail of paint and the walk/swim is significantly longer

Yesterday in the skate park there was a sniper that kept getting me. So, while out of their view, I inked up the wall next to them and then swam up it and jumped off at the corner and blasted them. Worked three more times after that, too. :D

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

-get to level 3
-buy a roller
-drown your enemies in bloodink

I got the level 7 one with the Kraken special before I went to bed last night. I'll try it out later! How do I effectively roller people?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Deceptive Thinker posted:

You would be amazed how often pubbies ignore the side passage on Walleye Warehouse and get blindsided. Saltspray Rig isnt that great for sniping anyway, because anyone decent will just arc their ink spray up onto the ledges and deny them from you if not outright splat you. Arowana Mall is great for jumping Splat Chargers on that balcony from behind if you can manage it though, because they never expect it.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

MarquiseMindfang posted:

I got the level 7 one with the Kraken special before I went to bed last night. I'll try it out later! How do I effectively roller people?

It's usually better to flick ink at players and only use the roller to cover ground and maybe flatten someone from behind. also to beat other rollers, jump over theirs and you'll kill them :v:

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
With rollers you generally want to ambush people.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Saint Freak posted:

The best part about painting the enemy base is that when you kill one of them they'll basically respawn with a full special meter. Use this to lure them into a false sense of security.

I'm very confused by this. When you die, your special meter drops significantly.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Get an Ink-Saver (main) piece of gear.

1) Roll
2) Kraken
3) Roll

Don't charge at people shooting at you. They can just walk backwards. Instead, flick at them with the attack button, or swim retreat to a better position and come at them sideways or go somewhere else and cover ground.

You can be great on defense, just hiding and waiting for someone to come into your space.

If being followed by another roller, slow until they are close enough, and then back-jump over them and flick ink.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

noirstronaut posted:

I'm very confused by this. When you die, your special meter drops significantly.
They'll immediately get to paint the ground around their base, cleaning it up before long and getting a ton of special right away.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

IronicDongz posted:

With rollers you generally want to ambush people.

Or lure them into a false sense of security as you run at them and then RELEASE THE KRAKEN

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Neddy Seagoon posted:

You would be amazed how often pubbies ignore the side passage on Walleye Warehouse and get blindsided. Saltspray Rig isnt that great for sniping anyway, because anyone decent will just arc their ink spray up onto the ledges and deny them from you if not outright splat you. Arowana Mall is great for jumping Splat Chargers on that balcony from behind if you can manage it though, because they never expect it.

Conversely, while Mackerel is poo poo for chargers except defensively, the downtime plus long lead means I've caught three or four people trying to sneak up on me from behind with a charger. That's always fun.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Pulled a totally sick pro move in a game last night, was using the krak-on roller and I see another roller heading towards me. Usually this means we're going to head-on collide and both splat. But I'm not cool with a double-splat and I'm not cool with running away like a baby. I want to splat this guy and survive.

Turned into a squid, ran towards a ramp, he chased me, then I used the ramp combined with a squid run-jump to pull a 180 and leap over his head, then I kidded and rolled right over him from behind with my roller all in one clean motion.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Splatoon: This Meme Board Comes With A Free Game

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Folt The Bolt posted:

I just got the clothing with Recon as a main ability and three other slots for random abilities. Now I just need the 3-star one with Cold Blooded and the 3-star boots with Ink Resistance and I'm all set to go as far as gear goes.

Ink resistance is amazing, I love it.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Mr. Fowl posted:

Ink resistance is amazing, I love it.

How good is it, actually? Do you go nearly normal speed in other ink with it, or does it just keep it from doing much damage?

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Not a Children posted:

How good is it, actually? Do you go nearly normal speed in other ink with it, or does it just keep it from doing much damage?

Half damage from enemy ink and you move at 80% speed through enemy ink. It's really really good.

Actually a lot of the shoe-only skills are very good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Half damage from enemy ink and you move at 80% speed through enemy ink. It's really really good.

Actually a lot of the shoe-only skills are very good.

There's only 3 and one of them is Bomb Sniffer :v:

• Locked thread