Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tentacles
Nov 26, 2007

Locke Dunnegan posted:

To be fair, the game itself is fun as gently caress, and while I haven't played this port a lot of goons were happy with the game when it came out, even with those reasonable complaints.

Bought it, played it here and there, then lost interest because the base game isn't that great. If you have the time and no other options, it's a decent JRPG

I'm not enough of a sperg to care about portrait versus landscape, lack of voice acting on a mobile platform or suboptimal fps rates, but if those things bug you, stay away

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I almost made the mistake of buying Knights of Pen and Paper 2 before reading up on it. Basically it would seem that it's not really a sequel and has way less content than the first game. :confused:

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug

Tagichatn posted:

I just got a bomb and made matches that weren't crates, got it pretty quick after that.

Yeah, 10 crates isn't any big deal. I had more trouble with the freeze three enemies one later on. Though perhaps that was to my own doing because I waited until I had three freeze spells rather than risk freezing one and hoping it stayed active long enough to get to the next mob.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Anyone find any secret guys in #ymbab? I unlocked a purple guy with a shield in front of it by killing it with magic. Not sure if there's anything else.

And what does the garden lady do?

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Cippalippus posted:

You know, I purchased it right before you posted that, because good videogames that don't nickel and dime you are worth purchasing anyway. Thanks for your advice in any case!

it's gonna be really funny the next time you device updates its android OS and squeenix decides not to update the fft app for 3 years (if at all)

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.

Len posted:

Anyone find any secret guys in #ymbab? I unlocked a purple guy with a shield in front of it by killing it with magic. Not sure if there's anything else.

And what does the garden lady do?

Garden Lady just upgrades a few rooms to look nicer I believe.

And yes, I unlocked all bestiary monsters. Which ones do you want or should I just post them all?

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Lutha Mahtin posted:

it's gonna be really funny the next time you device updates its android OS and squeenix decides not to update the fft app for 3 years (if at all)

gently caress you and the Chrono Trigger you rode in on.

Yeah, I bought it to see how many issues I could find in 15 minutes, and as soon as I took a call and it unloaded itself from memory I requested a refund.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
So am i supposed to be able to visit previous areas in #ymbab? (i.e. going back to the pyramid)

I assume it's supposed to be selectable in the place where you choose to go for a run on the boat but i don't have the option.

Also, is there a place to see my overall stats? I can only seem to see my weapon damage % while i'm upgrading the weapon.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Malek posted:

Garden Lady just upgrades a few rooms to look nicer I believe.

And yes, I unlocked all bestiary monsters. Which ones do you want or should I just post them all?

Go ahead and post them all

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Sorry for mentioning surveys again, but holy poo poo, FINALLY I got another one, it's been something like over a month since I last answered one. Anyway, it was actually my first 'location based' survey, which they explained beforehand. Are they finally going to be make this sort of thing regular in Canada? I know people in the States get these surveys all the time, but this was definitely the first time where my visit to Tim Horton's was relevant.

Rated only 3 stars because the staff sucked that day. :colbert:

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Sorry for mentioning surveys again, but holy poo poo, FINALLY I got another one, it's been something like over a month since I last answered one. Anyway, it was actually my first 'location based' survey, which they explained beforehand. Are they finally going to be make this sort of thing regular in Canada? I know people in the States get these surveys all the time, but this was definitely the first time where my visit to Tim Horton's was relevant.

Rated only 3 stars because the staff sucked that day. :colbert:

I've never had a location-based survey ask me to rate anything before. The standard template seems to be "When was the last time you visited [x location I was at an hour ago]?" followed by "How did you get there?" where the options are "walking," "driving," "biking," or "public transportation." Occasionally I'll also be asked to pick out where I've been recently from a list and then asked no followup questions.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

Funkmaster General posted:

I've never had a location-based survey ask me to rate anything before. The standard template seems to be "When was the last time you visited [x location I was at an hour ago]?" followed by "How did you get there?" where the options are "walking," "driving," "biking," or "public transportation." Occasionally I'll also be asked to pick out where I've been recently from a list and then asked no followup questions.

Do you really get those the same day you visit the location? Mine always seem to be two days later.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Vykk.Draygo posted:

Do you really get those the same day you visit the location? Mine always seem to be two days later.

Same here, and I worry a little since I often can't remember the exact day I last went to the grocery store. For gently caress's sake, Google, I go there like 3 times a week!

And of course right after I post that, I get my first location survey with a rating.

hooah fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Jun 8, 2015

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
I just got a survey asking about airlines I'd flown on this year. 60p. My last flight was in March so it probably wasn't targeted.

On topic - the shortyz crossword app someone recommended to me a whole back is the only android game I've played in months.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!

Len posted:

Go ahead and post them all

Fair enough

Burglar - When getting out of bed, keep clicking on your bed repeatedly until he shows up
Ninja - When in the boat view in Pagoda, look at the background to the right of your boat, he's very transparent but there.
Catapult - Keep visiting the journal entry guy until you get I think 70+
Skeleton King - Sell 30+ bag loot items in one sitting
Black Dragon - In the gallery, click on the dragon portrait when you're running thru the halls
Gelatinous Cube - Use any food item while in combat with it
Wrath (the purple thing with a bow type... thing) - Land the killing blow with a fireball

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

gently caress you and the Chrono Trigger you rode in on.

Yeah, I bought it to see how many issues I could find in 15 minutes, and as soon as I took a call and it unloaded itself from memory I requested a refund.

sorry :(

I'm actually tempted to buy a PSX copy of FFT and rig up a phone emulator with one of those fan translation patches. When I looked on Ebay the other day, there were decent copies shipping for less than the price of the app...

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Malek posted:

Fair enough

Burglar - When getting out of bed, keep clicking on your bed repeatedly until he shows up
Ninja - When in the boat view in Pagoda, look at the background to the right of your boat, he's very transparent but there.
Catapult - Keep visiting the journal entry guy until you get I think 70+
Skeleton King - Sell 30+ bag loot items in one sitting
Black Dragon - In the gallery, click on the dragon portrait when you're running thru the halls
Gelatinous Cube - Use any food item while in combat with it
Wrath (the purple thing with a bow type... thing) - Land the killing blow with a fireball

Is there a way to go backwards?

asterioth
Jul 27, 2007

If it's worth killing it's worth overkilling.
The humble mobile bundle updated, now it has PUK and Jump'N'Shoot Attack. Are either of those good?

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
I'm 9 painful cents away from having enough Googlebux to get YMBAB. :(

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Len posted:

Is there a way to go backwards?

Once you get to the end and get the Eastern Winds, yeah.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Montalvo posted:

I'm 9 painful cents away from having enough Googlebux to get YMBAB. :(

Why aren't you at Home Depot?

Actually I've been getting good surveybux from going to subway and saying my visit to buffalo wild wings was a disappointment.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Vykk.Draygo posted:

Sometimes, yeah. Sometimes a day or two later.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

Why aren't you at Home Depot?

Actually I've been getting good surveybux from going to subway and saying my visit to buffalo wild wings was a disappointment.

Today google asked me if I was aware of transexual individuals, if I myself was a transexual individual, and how frequent I smoked.

Google did not give me any googlebux for telling them, though :saddowns:

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

Bjorn you glad I didn't say banana?

Gyshall posted:

Today google asked me if I was aware of transexual individuals, if I myself was a transexual individual, and how frequent I smoked.

Are you sure those weren't just texts from your mom?

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Farquar posted:

Are you sure those weren't just texts from your mom?

no she doesn't know how to text

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Gyshall posted:

no she doesn't know how to text

Have you ever considered she's transtextual?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I don't think I'm going to ever get the east wind. I apparently can't match quick enough.

Viper915
Sep 18, 2005
Pokey Little Puppy

Len posted:

I don't think I'm going to ever get the east wind. I apparently can't match quick enough.

Just keep playing and stop back home now and then to upgrade. Then once you're upgraded enough, if you're still having trouble drink the less danger cocktail at the bar. The first game was similar, you'd hit a seemingly insurmountable challenge, then you'd get a half dozen upgrades and it was a piece of cake

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006

Gyshall posted:

I gotten two surveys about transexuals.

?

None for smoking though.

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

AnimalChin posted:

I gotten two surveys about transexuals.

?

None for smoking though.

Nothing about smoking transexuals?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Google Play has ratings now??

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Google Play has ratings now??

Nice. I don't see any way to filter out certain ones so it's not very useful. I wonder who is policing the ratings. I figured everyone would just mark their apps as Everybody or Teen, but Modern Combat 5 is indeed rated Mature.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
I noticed there's a dedicated family apps and games section too. It might have gone up today.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Vykk.Draygo posted:

Nice. I don't see any way to filter out certain ones so it's not very useful. I wonder who is policing the ratings. I figured everyone would just mark their apps as Everybody or Teen, but Modern Combat 5 is indeed rated Mature.
You (in the Play dev console) have to answer a series of questions and then it works out the ratings in each region. So you get asked "does the app contain violence" and then if you say yes you get follow up questions like "is the violence graphic" and "is violence the primary goal of the app" and stuff like that. Same for drugs, sex, etc, and then a few other things like whether user locations are shared and whether users can communicate directly.

I believe Apple have also implemented the same system.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

Malek posted:

Fair enough

I went back with a full boat and I can't find him :saddowns:

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Hitman sniper is great.. it's approachable and easy enough where you aren't adjusting for windage and gravity,
The missions are designed to be challenging enough to make it so each mission isn't a cake walk.
You need to think about who you want to shoot when to stay stealthy
You often need to do other things like get 400,000 points before killing the main target.
Honestly it's well worth the money either in actual money or cis het scum surveybux.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!

Dodoman posted:

I went back with a full boat and I can't find him :saddowns:

I hear he spawns in different places but he's REALLY transparent. I found him just off the right edge of the boat where the land meets the water.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I gotta say, I would love if Dungeons of Dredmor was on Android (phone, especially). I love Sproggiwood, but as far as roguelikes go, DoD is my go-to.

Radiation Cow
Oct 23, 2010

What's the name of the Picross game that isn't Hungry Cat Picross? I've run out of puzzles. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Radiation Cow posted:

What's the name of the Picross game that isn't Hungry Cat Picross? I've run out of puzzles. :(

Cross Me and Cross Me Color are ones I play from time to time.