Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
Giroud is better than Borini, but Arsenal's squad over the past 3-4 years has mostly been made up of players who wouldn't look out of place at Liverpool, Soton, or Spurs today. And of course there's the 1 player who plays out of his mind for a season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Vegetable posted:

What the hell is Chance con.

Percentage of scouts conned into taking a chance on him.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Giroud is better than Borini, but Arsenal's squad over the past 3-4 years has mostly been made up of players who wouldn't look out of place at Liverpool, Soton, or Spurs today. And of course there's the 1 player who plays out of his mind for a season.
Except those players have all outperformed their Liverpool equivalents and secured them the Top Four Trophy every time

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Maybe it's all down to Wenger being better than nearly everyone else managing in England.

Broletariat
Nov 14, 2014
Think most of the top performers this season at Arsenal are pretty good. Even a guy who hasn't been scoring from open play like Cazorla would stand out at Pool/Spurs/Southampton.

Good enough to start at Arsenal, but not good enough to get frequent time at a club that has a chance of winning the Champions League.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

Brony Car posted:

Maybe it's all down to Wenger being better than nearly everyone else managing in England.

Its this

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Some quality lols these last two pages keep it up lads.

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

lol

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
balotelli's only goal? vs spurs of course ffs

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Giroud is just an OK player nothing more

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Brony Car posted:

I agree ironically. Wenger can get the most out of players.

Broletariat posted:

Think most of the top performers this season at Arsenal are pretty good. Even a guy who hasn't been scoring from open play like Cazorla would stand out at Pool/Spurs/Southampton.

Good enough to start at Arsenal, but not good enough to get frequent time at a club that has a chance of winning the Champions League.

Cazorla would probably look pretty good at those clubs, but not any better than VdV, Sigurdson, Tadic, or Coutinho. Per would also look pretty good, sorta like Fonte right now, a poor man's John Terry or old and broken Ledley King. Giroud could be like Louis Saha, Anelka or Benni McCarthy. But the majority of the current Arsenal squad wouldn't stand out at those clubs.

Hashtag Banterzone fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Jun 8, 2015

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Weaponized Cum posted:

Ings scored more goals than all Liverpoo forwards combined so I don't see what's the big deal

:twisted: as long as they implode by the end of the year they can in bring in Ibra as far as I am concerned :twisted:

lol, however, ibra's talent is in taking an underachieving squad and making them win the title, so please actually find some magical way to do this, brendan rodgers.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

lol I was all ready to call you out for a re-post (which is usually my fuckup) then I caught it

Broletariat
Nov 14, 2014

Cazorla would probably look pretty good at those clubs, but not any better than VdV, Sigurdson, Tadic, or Coutinho. Per would also look pretty good, sorta like Fonte right now, a poor man's John Terry or old and broken Ledley King. Giroud could be like Louis Saha, Anelka or Benni McCarthy. But the majority of the current Arsenal squad wouldn't stand out at those clubs.

Think Sanchez and Ozil would be standouts at any club in the top 4. Cazorla, Ramsey, Giroud, Koscielny, Bellerin, Coquelin and Wilshere would maybe be first choice over a lot of starters at Pool/Soton/Spurs.

MACHI
Mar 4, 2008

[/quote]

The players who have stood out in past years at those clubs have been Bale, Suarez. Are you saying Carzola is no Bale or Suarez? pretty controversial this

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
I am going to make a controversial statement and say that the quality of the arsenal squad is adequately reflected by the table.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

MACHI posted:

The players who have stood out in past years at those clubs have been Bale, Suarez. Are you saying Carzola is no Bale or Suarez? pretty controversial this

I'm saying that based on this past season, everyone at Arsenal minus Sanchez are Liverpool/Spurs/Soton quality. In 2013-14 it was everyone minus Ozil and Ramsey.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

I'm saying that based on this past season, everyone at Arsenal minus Sanchez are Liverpool/Spurs/Soton quality. In 2013-14 it was everyone minus Ozil and Ramsey.

These two sentences don't even make sense together.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Newcastle aren't trying to sign Richards which is good

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

blue footed boobie posted:

These two sentences don't even make sense together.

Last season your squad was poo poo except for Sanchez

The previous season your squad was poo poo except for Ozil and Ramsey.

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

I agree OP, I've been thinking and Barcelona without Suarez, Messi, and Neymar are barely above the LA galaxy in quality

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Last season your squad was poo poo except for Sanchez

The previous season your squad was poo poo except for Ozil and Ramsey.

Ozil and Ramsey were in the squad this season, too, and Ozil was better this year than the last.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

blue footed boobie posted:

Ozil and Ramsey were in the squad this season, too, and Ozil was better this year than the last.

Ozil and Ramsey weren't very good this season. Sanchez is why you finished top 4.

Edit: Next season Sanchez will probably be bad and central striker Theo Walcott will lead Arsenal into the top 4. It's just how it works.

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!
why are you people responding to a literal mongoloid

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

not not luvd posted:

I don't know this is all very dumb.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Rosicky says Cech wants to sign for Arsenal. He's ready to make a step up and sign for a proper big club I guess

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

not not luvd posted:

What else are we going to do?

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

not not luvd posted:

I wasnt but I am now, haha

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

euroboy posted:

Rosicky says Cech wants to sign for Arsenal. He's ready to make a step up and sign for a proper big club I guess

Is he still really really good?

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

The Big Taff Man posted:

Brutal

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Skip My Posts posted:

Is he still really really good?

yes and chelsea are letting him go wherever he wants

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

The Big Taff Man posted:

lols

also i would loving love me some cech

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

The Big Taff Man posted:

savage

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Speaking of unhappy Czechs (Czechians? Czechists?), Rosicky's not very happy at Arsenal and says the situation is "not funny".

http://news.arseblog.com/2015/06/not-funny-rosicky-hits-out/

The funny thing is his contract was extended even as he's been omitted from the bench, including in the FA Cup Final.

Unironically think he could do a job for a team like Liverpool

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Xabi posted:

I'm not slagging him off TBF. Every squad needs a Borini or a Giroud.

Giroud scored like 25 goals this season you massive retard.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

not not luvd posted:

If we respond to you we should respond to everyone, it's only fair.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Talk that Cech will be the Cup keeper and Courtois the League, very cool with this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Shrapnig posted:

Giroud scored like 25 goals this season you massive retard.

I'm pretty sure he was joking and you're all retarded.

I'm happy with our signings so far and even happier they've been done early in the window. We a have been heavily linked with Kovacic and have apparently made a few bids...I've seen him play once and he looked really sharp. Although buying from Italy is almost as bad as buying from the Netherlands imo. Can GD or Series A watchers tell me if he's the real deal?

• Locked thread