Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Wildtortilla posted:

How often do stores refresh? I'm level 15 if that matters.

Every 24 Hr at Midnight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired

Quick, someone make team rice with a picture of bread

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Splatoon uses a slightly
Modified version of Josephine for anyone wanting to make more lil logos

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

truth.

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

The Gorp posted:

Quick, someone make team rice with a picture of bread

No 「そうだね♥」's yet, but I'm holding out hope for what is my master work.

Likewise

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

I finally beat the single player this weekend and OH MY GOD that final boss! :syoon:

I've fought a lot of final bosses in my day, and that one has to rank in the top five, easily! May even be in the top spot. The only thing that was disappointing about him is the dialog changes if you fight him again, and the one line of his that changes is his BEST one!

I'ma remix yo' face!

The Amiibo challenge uses the changed dialog too. :sigh:

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Bread Set Jettison posted:

I wish scope chargers weren't just strictly better. Like you could toggle it and charge quick without scope or charge slow with scope and it effects range or something. Every charger with a scope seems to just charge at the same rate at the same rate as the variant without a scope.

I disagree because the zooming in, even if brief, throws me off when I try to do the midrange snapshots which make up almost all of my kills with chargers.

I haven't been playing super hardcore and I have 150,000 turf inked with the early-level Splat Charger/bomb rush/grenades kit :stare:

Until I read it I thought that was for Team Rice because man that looks like an onigiri

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 32 minutes!

horriblePencilist posted:

Check out my Miiverse drawings, because goddammit I put too much effort into them to only have them seen by a couple ungrateful Europeans.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

BattleMaster posted:

Until I read it I thought that was for Team Rice because man that looks like an onigiri

:thejoke:

See from the last page. I may be a terrible artist but I'm not THAT bad.

E: okay, maybe I am that bad. I'm even managing to convince myself it looks like some horrid dog.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Okay I didn't really read what he was replaying to, but come on, his team rice actually looks like rice

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Welp had a braindead pubbie with the bright idea to go inking up the enemy's side. On Ranked. With the entire enemy team in the center of the map on the Zone pushing our poo poo in :bravo:.

Isn't everyone a "pubbie" in this game?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Dunno what kinda hosed up rice you've been eating.

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

BattleMaster posted:

Okay I didn't really read what he was replaying to, but come on, his team rice actually looks like rice

Kinda meant to be a croissant, but this is what happens when a non-artist draws. So :shrug:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Just a bit of trivia, but if you're wondering what that song sheet is in one of the Sunken Scrolls It's the Squid Sisters song from the end of the final boss fight.

Spoilers for the final boss fight mentioned in the video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDK7hcL-cNo

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Waffleman_ posted:

Dunno what kinda hosed up rice you've been eating.

I don't because I eat bread :teambread:

Edit: No but really, I just saw the croissant and thought it looked like a pile of cooked rice and assumed the other was a similarly poorly-drawn bread item

double-dumbass on me for not actually reading the post chain though

BattleMaster fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Jun 9, 2015

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
i eat both

but dogs are better

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

BattleMaster posted:

I don't because I eat bread :teambread:

Doesn't the japanese term for bread cover the whole gamete of rolls, sandwiches and all that too?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

What should I nickname my Splatoon Amiibos. I was thinking Squishy from Kirby Inkay from Pokemon, and Nomad from Dillon's Rolling Western. I was also thinking of Petey, Gooper, and Phantamanta from Sunshine.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
i make rice sandwiches.

also my cat is like 17 years old and will most probably outlive me. I hope she attends my funeral.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Jarogue posted:

What should I nickname my Splatoon Amiibos. I was thinking Squishy from Kirby Inkay from Pokemon, and Nomad from Dillon's Rolling Western. I was also thinking of Petey, Gooper, and Phantamanta from Sunshine.

Squakjack, Refianna, Splianco

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

[x]

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Do Inklings really have elf ears?

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Dizz posted:

...yes?

The only difference is they don't have the inner earlobe shape of real ears but they definitely are that pointy.

CatsPajamas
Jul 4, 2013

I hated the new Stupid Newbie avatar so much that I bought a new one for this user. Congrats, Lowtax.
I'm sorry to interrupt the awesome Miiverse posts and other images (and less sorry to interrupt the endless Team Cat/Team Dog debates because everyone knows dogs are the greatest), but: does anyone like numbers? Spent a few hours putting together a Stat Sheet for Splatoon Weapons. Learned some interesting stuff and got to try out all the different weapons, but I hope the stats will be useful for people as well. If anybody has any ideas for how to make this nicer or ideas for any other information that would be helpful, I'd be glad to hear them!

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
Are people getting frequent connection errors and "connection is unstable" poo poo with this game or is my Internet having problems? I switched to a wired connection today because I know my wireless is pretty poo poo but it's still happening.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Dizz posted:

Not ears, fins.

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired

Infinitum posted:

I eat dogs

See? You can't eat cats.
Better animals.

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown

Silver Falcon posted:

I finally beat the single player this weekend and OH MY GOD that final boss! :syoon:

I've fought a lot of final bosses in my day, and that one has to rank in the top five, easily! May even be in the top spot. The only thing that was disappointing about him is the dialog changes if you fight him again, and the one line of his that changes is his BEST one!

I'ma remix yo' face!

The Amiibo challenge uses the changed dialog too. :sigh:

His best line is clearly "Y'ALL READY FOR THIS!?"

I was smiling before, but that one made me bust out laughing.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

So when's this Splatfest going down? During E3?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Snuffman posted:

The week after.

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown

Snuffman posted:

Probably during Microsoft's press conference.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

As I expected, the example quoted in the strategy guide (.52 gal) is literally the only one where 1 defense up helps you (except I guess, blasters with poor aim). Now if we knew how effective the secondary ability slots were we might be able to discern whether it's worth stacking some of those with defense up.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I kid, I squid, I kid again.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

The Gorp posted:

See? You can't eat cats.
Better animals.

let me tell you about the biggest continent in the world

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Infinitum posted:

I kid, I squid, I kid again.

I squid, I splat, I squid again.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Dang during splatfest I would be out of town going to a Mortal Kombat tourney, however to represent team dog I am tempted to smuggle a wiiu with me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Had a run all the way through the C+ rankings tonight, then when I had just one battle left to break into B- I kept alternating between getting put on poo poo teams that could only get stomped and spawn locked and being on the stomping team. I did find that Custom Blaster is my favorite new Splat Zone weapon when the rest of my team is not loving around and leaving me to get gangbanged by all members of the other team.

The Gorp posted:

See? You can't eat cats.
Better animals.

Clearly you don't have any friends from Melmac.

• Locked thread