Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Hey baby I think we Havel lot in common

Uranium 235 posted:

yeah but i'd have to play hundreds of games in TDs to get it and i don't like TDs (when they don't have turrets)

I don't understand how you cannot like the murder machines at tiers 6, 7, and 8.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Hey baby I think we Havel lot in common

Hey, I did my undergrad there at SIU-C.

I can understand why he would make this.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

the pubbie argument against winrate being a meaningful stat is pretty amusing.

"i have a 46% win rate because of the 5,000 games that I've played, I've been unfavorably paired with a bad team in ALL of them"
:goonsay:

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

Well that is why my stats are bad i dont see the problem ???

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

ROFLburger posted:

the pubbie argument against winrate being a meaningful stat is pretty amusing.

"i have a 46% win rate because of the 5,000 games that I've played, I've been unfavorably paired with a bad team in ALL of them"
:goonsay:

The fact that it is trivially easy to boost your w/r by 10-20% at the very least simply by platooning makes it a bad stat.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

DonkeyHotay posted:

The fact that it is trivially easy to boost your w/r by 10-20% at the very least simply by platooning makes it a bad stat.

By that logic I should be the best player in WoT by a large margin, since easily 90-95% of my games are/were solopubs.

Anyone who has platooned with me in WoT can basically tell you I'm good for about 20 games - max.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.
Congrats Wargaming. Personal missions are one of the most aggressively bad things I have ever seen in a game, yet I can't stop grinding out tier 8 light tank games in the desperate hope of getting LT-15 so I can finish the Stug reward. gently caress you and gently caress me.

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Unfortunately, there is no such game as 'World of Submarines.'

rex rabidorum vires posted:

What I've learned today: Dandy's brother drinks white wine spritzers...and is a total pansy. Adrudh can not order pizza online properly. My food choices are in fact "Crazy" and that the AMX 13 French arties shooting APCR is some of the funniest poo poo when you're hitting things. Also I don't know what has changed in my play but I am hovering around 60% WR for my last 60 days 63% in the last 30 and 65.5% for for my last ~120. Now the question is if that's just a coincidence or if something has actually clicked with me again and I'm able to sustain it.

I only ever hosed up that one time though :v:

Something tells me it is going to be brought up every single time now.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

:psyduck:

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Winrate doesn't mean anything because this game is rigged by WG to make me fail. When I win I beat the rigged system but when I lose its 100% because of the game being rigged. Also I only shoot HE because it does damage 100% of the time.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
I've played eleven games tonight on EU1. Nine of them platooned up. Thanks to MVPs like this shitsniffer I have won precisely one game.

We lost one game 15:0. I don't even remember the last time that happened. The server is suddenly filled with conchie bastards who refuse to fire.

Lovely Joe Stalin fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Jun 9, 2015

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

WarGaming's rating is worthless as a statistic and anyone who uses it is dumb.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

cheese posted:

Congrats Wargaming. Personal missions are one of the most aggressively bad things I have ever seen in a game, yet I can't stop grinding out tier 8 light tank games in the desperate hope of getting LT-15 so I can finish the Stug reward. gently caress you and gently caress me.

FInally got Prokorovka in my 13 90, sat in a bush in the east side of the map, LT-15 complete. Engaging gameplay.

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

The most southern dandy robot judge

cheese posted:

FInally got Prokorovka in my 13 90, sat in a bush in the east side of the map, LT-15 complete. Engaging gameplay.

Got mine today too, did SPG-15 instead because my map rotation has been horrid today.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Sisyphus has nothing on me.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

primelaw posted:

Got mine today too, did SPG-15 instead because my map rotation has been horrid today.
I did the same, but I didn't get honors on my SPG-15 so I had 19/20 of the commendations. I was retrying it and mixing in amx 1390/type 62 games inbetween and ended up getting LT-15.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

cheese posted:

Doesn't it include damage done now? Just murder people in the 13/90

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

When did people start worrying about stats so much? And there's so much rage in game now, it's really weird.

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon
the only pleasure to be derived from tanks comes from stats, or is related to stats imho

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

CODChimera posted:

When did people start worrying about stats so much? And there's so much rage in game now, it's really weird.

FYI, TK all stat ragers if they're on your team. They rage the best because you just knocked them down like 0.02%

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

CODChimera posted:

I don't know but I prod as many of them as I can because 42% winrate guys who aren't bots get extremely upset when you call them worse than bots.

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

CODChimera posted:

Uh like three years ago?

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe

DonkeyHotay posted:

Uh like three years ago?

Yeah seriously is this guy like brand new or what?

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon

Soulfucker posted:

Yeah seriously is this guy like brand new or what?

Hopefully he's from amrika and not a noble euro loser. L2stats or crucify your family tbqf

KcDohl
Jun 18, 2004
LORK ON TEH CLORF
Dinosaur Gum
:kakashi: Death Before Sub-60% WR :kakashi:

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
I care about stats in as much as the people with really poo poo ones actively prevent you from having good games. This is the only computer game I can remember playing where poo poo team mates can stop you from having a fun and profitable session.

Last night for instance, I was regularly in the top two for damage and kills on my teams, but over a session of twenty-eight games I only won ten because people with objectively terrible stats kept doing zero damage. Or doing damage but from a position of utter irrelevance on the map, which meant I, and everyone else, was being swamped by more tanks than we could deal with at a time.
Special mention to the only light on the team who hid well behind the TD line declaring "you gently caress only want others do your work for you gently caress you."

Lovely Joe Stalin fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Jun 9, 2015

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

KaiserSchnitzel posted:

I don't understand how you cannot like the murder machines at tiers 6, 7, and 8.
I find turretless TDs to be terribly boring. I absolutely loathe the play style that's required to succeed with them. My favorite styles are brawling, mobility-based flanking, and abusing spotting mechanics/view range. Not necessarily all at the same time, of course, except in the few tanks that can pull it off.

I actually just sold my SU-152 and my roomba so I could buy the T-54 ltwt for the clan wars campaign. I'm not going to miss them. I thought I'd enjoy the roomba more than I did since it's turreted and has a great gun, but meh. Just not my thing.

Uranium 235 fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Jun 9, 2015

mikemelbrooks
Jun 11, 2012

One tough badass

Gapey Joe Stalin posted:

I only about stats in as much as the people with really poo poo ones actively prevent you from having good games. This is the only computer game I can remember playing where poo poo team mates can stop you from having a fun and profitable session.

Last night for instance, I was regularly in the top two for damage and kills on my teams, but over a session of twenty-eight games I only won ten because people with objectively terrible stats kept doing zero damage. Or doing damage but from a position of utter irrelevance on the map, which mean I, and everyone else, was being swamped by more tanks than we could deal with at a time.
Special mention to the only light on the team who hid well behind the TD line declaring "you gently caress only want others do your work for you gently caress you."

If you really care about stats, just pad them with op tanks.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

mikemelbrooks posted:

If you really care about stats, just pad them with op tanks.

You've missed my point. What I am saying is that it is very difficult to have a fun, enjoyable game when your team is abnormally full of of sub-47% players with tens of thousands of games. Because the mechanics of the game mean that you will end up fighting more tanks at a time than it is possible to shoot.

Or, you know, you'll be murdered by lights and mediums in your arty because everyone, including TDs, went north on El Haluf and died in the world's biggest tank jam where they couldn't shoot past each other.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Gapey Joe Stalin posted:

You've missed my point. What I am saying is that it is very difficult to have a fun, enjoyable game when your team is abnormally full of of sub-47% players with tens of thousands of games. Because the mechanics of the game mean that you will end up fighting more tanks at a time than it is possible to shoot.

The other team is also full of these sub-47% players, and those guys are largely responsible for good players' good stats. You get good stats by farming people bad at this game. Whining about how there are so many people bad at this game seems dumb because it's those dumb people that allow you to have that fun, enjoyable game.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

saintonan posted:

The other team is also full of these sub-47% players, and those guys are largely responsible for good players' good stats. You get good stats by farming people bad at this game. Whining about how there are so many people bad at this game seems dumb because it's those dumb people that allow you to have that fun, enjoyable game.

I do not enjoy games where the enemy team chooses to not fire back at my team. I don't not enjoy games where my team refuses to fire towards the enemy. I just want a close game where either team could win.

It's rare.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

saintonan posted:

It's those dumb people that allow you to have that fun, enjoyable game.

I disagree. It's those dumb people that give good players 100% of the aggravation. I'd rather lose a close, well contested game than lose because one of the shitlers I'm saddled with decided to leave the cap in a cap race.

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE
http://wotreplays.com/site/1941632#fisherman_s_bay-renhanxue-m41_walker_bulldog

I'm sorry Soulfucker, I have seen the Bulldog light now.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

I had some nasty insomnia last night, so I was playing at about 2AM PDT on USW. Nearly every team was just completely stacked. 2 or 3 BULBA toons were roaming around murdering everyone. I played a game in my T57 Heavy for the first time in weeks and had a decent game on a terrible team. Luckily most of the people I shot were the purples, so we actually won. The crowning jewel was tracking a BULBA 54 lightweight trying to blow past me, then re-tracking him after he repaired and finishing him off with the rest of my magazine. He raged in chat and called me a shitter. BULBA is a real class act.

I was playing my 57 because I am desperately looking for a way to complete ANY mission at this point. I am completely stuck on lights, meds, heavies, and SPGs. I finished TD-15 a couple of weeks ago. I love the TD missions, since they are almost all various versions of "Shoot a lot of red tanks like you are loving supposed to'.

My current burden-

Lights- Spot or track 6 vehicles which are then damaged by my cretinous teammates. Secondary- 2 are destroyed while tracked/spotted. I have been trying this for literally weeks and the closest I have gotten is 4.

Meds- start 2 fires. Secondary- bend over and let RNG gently caress your rectum into jelly.

Heavies- Damage 5 modules and/or crew members. Even bought a goddamned KV-2 specifically for this, but no dice (I keep one shotting people :boom:).

SPGs- Kill 3 tanks 1 tier higher than me. If you want a good run of top tier matches, come play with me while I arty. I swear to FSM I get top tier like 70% of the matches now. 20% are tier 9, with 2 nines per side :suicide:.

Any advice on any of these? Tanks, maps, strategies? It is getting depressing, and is killing my WN8 while I do sub-optimal bullshit trying to jump through hoops.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

WayAbvPar posted:

Meds- start 2 fires. Secondary- bend over and let RNG gently caress your rectum into jelly.

Heavies- Damage 5 modules and/or crew members. Even bought a goddamned KV-2 specifically for this, but no dice (I keep one shotting people :boom:).

Meds- Use a medium tank with an auto-loader.

Heavies- Use a heavy tank with the 122mm+ Caliber and just look for Rhms and waffles.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

I still haven't done the goddamn double fire mission. I keep being told to play the Cromwell, which I do - and it even has deadeye, but I just cannot get lucky enough to trigger fires twice. One time I had a fire, and on two other vehicles I had damaged the engine of one and destroyed the fuel tanks of the other, but I didn't roll for fire on the engine and killed the enemy whose fuel tanks I destroyed. Somehow T29s, T34s, A44s and KVs all are fireproof while I'm on the mission.

For the module damage mission I just loaded HE on the E100, started the match by asking the enemy team, "Hey guys can you guess why I'm pressing the 3 key?" and then I got it on the first try.

Oh for killing higher tier poo poo just platoon across tier - tier nine or eight arti with tens works well. Once I get the goddamn double fire mission, my 416 is gonna kill higher tier poo poo by platooning up. Should work even better for arti - get the cheaty mods and counter battery at the start then steal whatever kills you can get.

Hellsau fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Jun 9, 2015

Saint Celestine
Dec 17, 2008

Lay a fire within your soul and another between your hands, and let both be your weapons.
For one is faith and the other is victory and neither may ever be put out.

- Saint Sabbat, Lessons
Grimey Drawer
The block double your HP as a heavy one is a pain.

Its difficult finding enough retards that will shoot at my E100's side, or least, enough to make 6k bounced.

I might have to buy a VK just to get this mission done.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Saint Celestine posted:

Its difficult finding enough retards that will shoot at my E100's side, or least, enough to make 6k bounced.

KV-220, IS-6, and KV-5 is how I did them. Way easier to bounce 6000 in a KV-5 or 1500 in a KV-220 than trying to bounce that much in an E100 before the pubbies switch to HE.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Saint Celestine posted:

I got this done in my 112. I literally went to where I knew their lemmings would go and went hull down and just sat there letting them shoot me in the turret. I was at 2,900 damage blocked when they started to shoot HE at me and I was getting pissed cause instead of letting me bounce and get the mission done they were doing 30HP damage to me.

I am on the 8,000 damage done, blocked taken on my heavy. I had it in my T57 already without knowing it causes I hit a bunch of invisible tanks. So instead of just suiciding into the team at 6,000 damage done to finish the mission I only knew I was at 4,500 damage done :(

BadLlama fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Jun 9, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

Saint Celestine posted:

I wish it was any tank, not specifically a heavy. I bounced more than 7800 in my T95 yesterday. Was on the sniper ledge in the North spawn of South Coast, and most shots were from below me. Hard to hit the bubbles on top from that angle.

We need a special TS channel so people can arrange to game these types of things. Christ knows that is how all the big clans are doing it. Count ins are pretty easy, especially on USW.