Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Niton posted:

Gonna throw up a feast in ~5 min, just a regular one though.

e: What have you guys been plundering lately? I'm torn between Gear and EXP - while Gear is fantastic (2-3 gear pieces a run), the EXP pots would also be a huge help.

I plunder nothing but EXP because it lets me keep dudes up to date or rush new ones into the mid 60s. I need to stockpile up all of my exp for the next week, though, since I'm 67.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yudo
May 15, 2003

Echophonic posted:

I don't like the current groups we're up against. Seems like everyone in those guilds is higher level than me, so there's no soft targets for a mid 50s player.

I'm getting picked on pretty badly too, and there is no one for me to bully.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

Echophonic posted:

I don't like the current groups we're up against. Seems like everyone in those guilds is higher level than me, so there's no soft targets for a mid 50s player.

44 here and no targets this week :/

I go for potion and gear whenever I can first

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

It's daddy shithead, where's the bourbon?
Yeah the only targets I'm hitting at 55 are gold plunders. A lot different from last week that's for sure. :smith:

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?
It sucks because we're relatively soft as a "1st place week 1" guild, but hopefully after we get thrashed by superguilds our MMR will put us back somewhere that has lower level guilds.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
A good trick I like to do in the guild thing is to do 12 hour mines at like, 7/7:30 PM. You won't get it until that time the next day, obviously, but if you get up around then for work like I do then you start the day with a ~1200 point lead on everyone else and can start pumping out 3 hour mines or whatever you usually do. I bet if we got enough people to do it on Monday nights and Thursday nights in the future, we might be able to create a large enough buffer that the other guilds can't catch up, securing first place for Tuesday/Friday (the first place guild on Tuesday and Friday gets the boss with the best loot the next day). We are pretty soft for a 1st place guild, but I'm betting none of the other ones have forums where they could coordinate something like this, and I think we have enough active people to hold on to a lead if it's big enough.

I'm not sure how the matchmaking system works either, but I bet only ending up in first once or twice a week will still put us with softer competition the next week while also allowing us to reap the most benefit from the boss island.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

I'm gonna keep chipping in until the feast discount hits 15%, but if it makes another sharp, massive jump, it might not be worth the effort vs other projects. 15% is still a nice dent, it shaves 225 diamonds off the expensive feast.

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot

Jamwad Hilder posted:

A good trick I like to do in the guild thing is to do 12 hour mines at like, 7/7:30 PM. You won't get it until that time the next day, obviously, but if you get up around then for work like I do then you start the day with a ~1200 point lead on everyone else and can start pumping out 3 hour mines or whatever you usually do. I bet if we got enough people to do it on Monday nights and Thursday nights in the future, we might be able to create a large enough buffer that the other guilds can't catch up, securing first place for Tuesday/Friday (the first place guild on Tuesday and Friday gets the boss with the best loot the next day). We are pretty soft for a 1st place guild, but I'm betting none of the other ones have forums where they could coordinate something like this, and I think we have enough active people to hold on to a lead if it's big enough.

I'm not sure how the matchmaking system works either, but I bet only ending up in first once or twice a week will still put us with softer competition the next week while also allowing us to reap the most benefit from the boss island.

What is the best technique for mining (most loot and most points)? I normally just do the 12 hour ones exclusively.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
You get more for the shorter ones, all told, but you have to stay on top of it, so it kind of breaks even if you aren't checking in every three hours.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Doing the 3 hour ones, as long as you manage to do it at least 4 times a day, ends up being slightly more stuff than a single 12 hour mine or two 6 hour mines. Generally you're probably going to be able to do it 5 or maybe 6 times even if you're not checking in right on the dot for the 3 hour mark.

Also I'll do a luxury feast around 1 pm today. Only 31 more Dark Paladin stones until 5*...

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013
Should I be spending gems on the angel trial chests? Do the chest contents improve as you climb the ladder?

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Boozie posted:

Do the chest contents improve as you climb the ladder?

I open the very last chest at the top habitually and I will get the same garbage as opening the first chest you see.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?
So, Elder Dwarf is definitely the real deal. Even at 2*, he takes an enormous beating compared to any other tank I have access to. It's kind of unfair how much better his passive is compared to the pure +HP passive.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Should I focus on a "core " main 5 people to get to purple to progress the story, pvp and so on and keep the remainder close in terms of level but keep them all at Blue until I get a main group up and running?

I have 6 at Blue 2, looks like Dwarf and Berserker will be first purple.
All of my other people are at least blue and level 40 while the main 6 are 45
Is that a good split or should I push to keep the levels closer?
It looks like more content is pushing the idea of 3 seperate groups and I feel like I basically have that
Guess I'm worried I'm too spread out?
Is the star rating or gear, blue purple +1 so on, more important?

Bout to get king o bones, should he have a home in my b or c teams maybe?
Thanks

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
It seems like you can do the angel trial with just a core team unlike HC where you have to have a stable of 15-20 to rotate out for the crusade. wharf needs 3 full teams but if the raider can beat your main team odds are good they will steamroll your next two. I would say keep 10 heroes and 2 angels as high level as possible, in case one of your healers, tanks, or angels eats it in the first round of a wharf raid, so you can drop a second team with full health on the survivors. sometimes on angel trial your front guys might have taken a beating and you've just tapped djinni, so it's not a bad idea to keep mermaid up to date.

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
There seems to be an arena mode upcoming similar to the grand arena in HC, where you need 3 teams. Maybe worth planning now for that?

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".
I'm finally back in! What a god drat poo poo show, I hope none of you ever have to deal with their support, or you'll be very, very frustrated at the lack of prompt responses. It took me 5 days to get a response, and at that time, not one of the three tickets I submitted through the app got a response. I'd still be dead in the water if I didn't PM the moderator's on their forums.

If you need support, PM them. They normally respond between, I want to say 12:00am EST and 11:00am EST.

Now I get the fun of catching up to all you people who are now 8 levels ahead of me :)

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot

Kreczor posted:

I'm finally back in! What a god drat poo poo show, I hope none of you ever have to deal with their support, or you'll be very, very frustrated at the lack of prompt responses. It took me 5 days to get a response, and at that time, not one of the three tickets I submitted through the app got a response. I'd still be dead in the water if I didn't PM the moderator's on their forums.

If you need support, PM them. They normally respond between, I want to say 12:00am EST and 11:00am EST.

Now I get the fun of catching up to all you people who are now 8 levels ahead of me :)

Welcome back buddy!!

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I think I'm gonna abandon soul slinger for now and try to get the dwarf. He sounds good and the few I've seen so far in wharf seem like they'd be much more annoying if they were fully leveled.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
ahahah there's an "open 100 angel trial chests" event reward, you get:

325 bread
135k gold
75 small potions
100 medium potions
100 angelbux
7 rune crystals
1 crystal
5 djinni soul stones
5 nyssa SS
10 amazon hunter SS
10 mikaela SS

All your for the low low price of just 13,750 gems!

e: that's if the chest cost goes 50/100/100/250/250/250.

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot

padijun posted:

ahahah there's an "open 100 angel trial chests" event reward, you get:

325 bread
135k gold
75 small potions
100 medium potions
100 angelbux
7 rune crystals
1 crystal
5 djinni soul stones
5 nyssa SS
10 amazon hunter SS
10 mikaela SS

All your for the low low price of just 13,750 gems!

e: that's if the chest cost goes 50/100/100/250/250/250.

Is that if you open it in one day or lifetime?

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
PSA: leveling up a new angel from scratch is a huge pain in the rear end and I recommend stockpiling all your excess potions from level 65-70 if you want that Athena (or whoever) you bought to be usable. Forget about boosting your extra heroes for a bit because that costs a lot of potions and gold. Also you're going to need to have millions and millions of gold. I got Athena a little over a week ago and today is the first day I'm back above water in terms of having my main team at the max level, max skills, etc.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Tony Homo posted:

Is that if you open it in one day or lifetime?

It reads "(Reset Daily at 5 am)" so I assume it's one day

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013
Looking for lineup advice:

Atalanta
Nether Knight
Rose Knight
Berserker Claw
Eldar Dwarf

Pyrona
Exorcist
Mermaid
Lunar Priestess

Green Archer
Grimbow

So normally I was running atal/nether/grimbow/lunar/pyrona. Now I just recently got beserker claw and eldar dwarf and am unsure who gets the bench.

Also do people know the breakpoints for arena rewards? I know it gets better at 10k and 5k, but what after that? Is there a change at 4k or 1k or something? I don't want to level up too far and then not be able to get 5 wins/day.

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot

Boozie posted:

Looking for lineup advice:

Atalanta
Nether Knight
Rose Knight
Berserker Claw
Eldar Dwarf

Pyrona
Exorcist
Mermaid
Lunar Priestess

Green Archer
Grimbow

So normally I was running atal/nether/grimbow/lunar/pyrona. Now I just recently got beserker claw and eldar dwarf and am unsure who gets the bench.

Also do people know the breakpoints for arena rewards? I know it gets better at 10k and 5k, but what after that? Is there a change at 4k or 1k or something? I don't want to level up too far and then not be able to get 5 wins/day.

Atalanta is meh at upper levels. I think the wolfman should always have priority he is that awesome. I personally don't like Grimbow.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I'm assuming their at various levels but I would focus on doing this if you're looking for specific people to focus on:

Front Row: Nether Knight and Elder Dwarf. Both are difficult to kill and do pretty good damage. Nether Knight in particular is one of the most annoying tanks to have to deal with.
Back Row: Choose three of Lunar Priestess, Berserker Claw, Grimbow, and Pyrona

Lunar Priestess - probably the best healer in the game
Berserker Claw - in the back row, he stuns the hell out of his counterpart in the other team's back row, or at the very least he'll damage them with his boomerang thing. He's also protected in the back from a lot of damage, which is good because he can shred up the other team's front line if he stays alive.
Grimbow - he attacks fast and crits a lot, his flaming arrow attack has a bleed effect now which is useful. His active skill is great for wrecking back lines that have already been weakened. When he's strong enough he can routinely one shot some weaker front line characters (like Blood Baroness, Earth Shaker, or Hecate) if he crits his flaming arrow, and his active can wipe out a back row if they're at ~75% health (or less). He's probably one of my favorite heroes but a lot of people seem to not like him for some reason.
Pyrona - sheep and her nuke will help you break their front line quickly. If they have a Nether Knight she'll be useful because the sheep will prevent him from using his shield (hopefully).

The rest of your lineup is full of people that are okay but nothing special. Rose Knight is a good tank, I still use him, but that was mostly because the game poo poo out pieces for him when I started so I got him to 4* really fast, and at that point he was critical to the team. I'm working on Elder Dwarf to replace him. Atalanta sucks, Exorcist seems ok but I've never seen anyone use him, Mermaid is pointless because you have Lunar Priestess, and Green Archer is basically a not-as-good version of Grimbow without the benefit of her active damaging the back row.

Jamwad Hilder fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Jun 10, 2015

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Jamwad Hilder posted:

PSA: leveling up a new angel from scratch is a huge pain in the rear end and I recommend stockpiling all your excess potions from level 65-70 if you want that Athena (or whoever) you bought to be usable. Forget about boosting your extra heroes for a bit because that costs a lot of potions and gold. Also you're going to need to have millions and millions of gold. I got Athena a little over a week ago and today is the first day I'm back above water in terms of having my main team at the max level, max skills, etc.

Know how many of the big potions it'll take to bring straight to 70? I expect to have around 2500 by the time I hit 70.

e: Unrelated, let's stop bumping extra slots for now. We've got ONE empty slot currently and we will have a second in maybe 2-3 days of just leveling the guild. The upgrade is getting expensive.

Tsurupettan fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Jun 11, 2015

Yudo
May 15, 2003

I need a little direction with how to use my guild and arena bucks. Is it worth improving Dijinni's start rating? I am going to skip Zweihander because I like Dark Paladin, Elder Dwarf and Nether Knight, but Grimbow or Night Sentinel might be useful.

As for guild heroes, I guess I have to decide who I like more: Soul Slinger or Dwarf. Mine are both 2* and quite handy.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
D

Yudo posted:

I need a little direction with how to use my guild and arena bucks. Is it worth improving Dijinni's start rating? I am going to skip Zweihander because I like Dark Paladin, Elder Dwarf and Nether Knight, but Grimbow or Night Sentinel might be useful.

As for guild heroes, I guess I have to decide who I like more: Soul Slinger or Dwarf. Mine are both 2* and quite handy.

I'd say definitely get Djinni to 3*. I did that and started on getting Grimbow higher, seems to be working out. Elder Dwarf can hang pretty well at 2*, so I'd probably put more into Soul Slinger. Though, I get about enough points per day to do both, so that's what I'm doing.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?
I got Elder Dwarf to 3* today, and he continues to impress. He has fantastic natural defensive runes & a great equipment path, and his being slow is actually an asset, since his shield reduces burst damage by quite a bit. I'd say to focus him.

e: Here's a 3* Dwarf w/ 32 MD, 23 Parry, and 10 PD runes:

Niton fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Jun 11, 2015

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Kind of want to develop & try this for an arena team:

Pyrona - Dwarf
Amazon
Berserker - Nereida

From a POV of being attacked: Dwarf will ideally always be placed to take the majority of the hits. Berserker and Nereida go on the same line, so that if they try to place high-damage things to kill Nereida, Berserker can stun them.

Not sure if there'd be a real reason to have Pyrona/Amazon swapped.

From an attacking POV, Amazon, Pyrona and Berserker would move depending on what I wanted to kill/lock down, like a healer or a dangerous frontliner.

The reason I picked Nereida is that she can get some significant PD/MD to survive front-line against two enemies, she brings some nice CC, and her backline killing potential stacks up nice with Berserker & Amazon.

Yudo
May 15, 2003

Thanks for the advice. It's a tough call. Hopefully I can get to the point where I can afford to buy each daily.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Currently running in the early 40s:

3* Hecate
3* Berserker Claw

2* Grimbow
2* Pyrona
2* Djinni

It's pretty solid. Hecate's special attacks the entire front row, Grimbow's the entire back row. Hecate and Djinni with passive heals on two lowest members, and Hecate/Berserker/Pyrona with stun/polymorph.

Right now I'm using 2* Nyssa, however I just got Athena from Angel Trial soulstones. Since I won't be able to get Athena to 2* for a while due to low level, is it worth to make the switch now or should I wait because of the HP buff?

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Rasczak posted:

Currently running in the early 40s:

3* Hecate
3* Berserker Claw

2* Grimbow
2* Pyrona
2* Djinni

It's pretty solid. Hecate's special attacks the entire front row, Grimbow's the entire back row. Hecate and Djinni with passive heals on two lowest members, and Hecate/Berserker/Pyrona with stun/polymorph.

Right now I'm using 2* Nyssa, however I just got Athena from Angel Trial soulstones. Since I won't be able to get Athena to 2* for a while due to low level, is it worth to make the switch now or should I wait because of the HP buff?

I am still using this exact team at level 62. hecate is starting to wilt as a main tank, unfortunately I don't have anything better to replace her with. but if she and djinni avoid CC and hit lume/elegy in the same round she's pretty much golden because nyssa's shield has got her after that.

And remember stars also affect the power of the angel's actives, so probably not worth using a 1* athena when 3* nyssa is pretty easy to get and has the HP and defense bonus. Eventually Athena will totally outclass Nyssa but that's a long way off.

Yudo
May 15, 2003

I didn't really realize that until I upgraded Nyssa: stars on angels make a huge difference.

Majik Ninja
Jan 16, 2004
Night Sentinal - Earthshaker
Djinni
Pyrona - Bersker Claw

Pyrona and besker working on perp.

Mermaid Atlanta Shadow wraith Rosekight Nightblade at +2, Soul Singer Valk Archer Knight Grimbow Byron Exorcist and Astral Hunter behind

Just brought up Djinni but I'm pretty happy with it. Any recommendations?

Cotato
Mar 25, 2002

Looks like they added some new achievements and dailies

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
If you have dark paladin and typically spend diamonds on the luxury feast, spend some on leveling up runes instead. There's two events today that will net you 5 total dark paladin stones for 1000 diamonds, which is a better deal if you don't mind not getting the stamina, gold, and potions.

Jamwad Hilder fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Jun 11, 2015

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

padijun posted:

I am still using this exact team at level 62. hecate is starting to wilt as a main tank, unfortunately I don't have anything better to replace her with. but if she and djinni avoid CC and hit lume/elegy in the same round she's pretty much golden because nyssa's shield has got her after that.

And remember stars also affect the power of the angel's actives, so probably not worth using a 1* athena when 3* nyssa is pretty easy to get and has the HP and defense bonus. Eventually Athena will totally outclass Nyssa but that's a long way off.

I'll work on getting Nyssa to 3* then, while it was cool getting Athena early I didn't feel good about losing the star bonuses. Thanks for the response!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Cotato posted:

Looks like they added some new achievements and dailies

Yep, we actually get our daily nobility rewards (was wondering where those were) and a bunch of new dailies for the guild islands and research. poo poo owns.

The new achievements is another 'Get X heroes' for free runes.

Also anyone else notice the nobility curve is loving weird? It'll go like 5k -> 20k -> 10k -> 10k -> and then curve up and down randomly some more. Maybe certain 'high value' effect tiers are just weighted heavier than getting like, 40 parry.

Jamwad Hilder posted:

If you have dark paladin and typically spend diamonds on the luxury feast, spend some on leveling up runes instead. There's two events today that will net you 5 total dark paladin stones for 1000 diamonds, which is a better deal if you don't mind not getting the stamina, gold, and potions.

This is a VIP5 feature isn't it?

Tsurupettan fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Jun 11, 2015

• Locked thread