Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

It will be a total fiasco.

That would be the kind of bad I can get behind. At the moment, it just looks like one of the X-Men movies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

If they were going to pull someone from the popular tv show Game of Thrones to play Sarah Connor, it should have been Lena Headey or whatshername that plays Osha, Bran's wildling pal.

I can't tell whether or not you already know Lena Headey already played Sarah Connor.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I can't believe some of you are comparing Clarke to Hamilton. The gently caress is wrong with you? Go back and rewatch Terminator 1. Not even 2, 1. The scene near the end where Reese is injured and they're running through the factory, she convincingly goes from "average waitress still in over her head" to "yes, this is the mother of the savior of humanity." Her body language changes, the way she delivers lines ("On your FEET, soldier!") changes, the expressions she makes change. I think Clarke is fine on GoT, but come the gently caress on people, she's not even as good of an actress as Hamilton's twin sister in that deleted scene from T2.

The reason Headey was a good Connor in the TV show was because she wasn't trying to do a lovely Hamilton impersonation, which is all Clarke is doing in these trailers.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

That would be the kind of bad I can get behind. At the moment, it just looks like one of the X-Men movies.

It does kinda.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

whatshername that plays Osha, Bran's wildling pal.

Is a pretty good suggestion actually. I just watched her in a mini-series called Residue and she really impressed me in that, didn't make the connection that she played Osha until your post though!

rawillkill
Aug 15, 2009

Emma Watson is what runs trivia teams.

Regression

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm thinking the font is easier to read one-sheet size.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Amenabar owns, not so hot on Emma Watson but whatever. I used to not care for Ethan Hawke but I like his recent Kevin Baconesque 1 800 dial a scumbag thing.

Terry Grunthouse
Apr 9, 2007

I AM GOING TO EAT YOU LOOK MY TEETH ARE REALLY GOOD EATERS
I really like the spanish poster for that film

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Terry Grunthouse posted:

I really like the spanish poster for that film

Yeah, I have no idea what the movie's about, but that's a good poster. The light in the barn making an upside-down cross is pretty cool.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

If you ask the internet it's about Emma Watson doing a nude scene and little else.

So I guess it's a sequel to Under the Skin.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
...what, exactly, has Emilia Clarke been in other than GoT and Terminator: Genisys that makes people say she's an awful actress? She's fine on GoT and it seems like she's giving the latter material exactly as much effort as it deserves.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
GOT is enough to show she isn't very good.

You don't need multiple lovely jobs to judge an actress/actor.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

LesterGroans posted:

Yeah, I have no idea what the movie's about, but that's a good poster. The light in the barn making an upside-down cross is pretty cool.

It's really subtle and neat, and it gives you just enough to have some idea of what the movie is about (something to do with religion), without coming off as being hackneyed about it. Good poster.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

LORD OF BUTT posted:

...what, exactly, has Emilia Clarke been in other than GoT and Terminator: Genisys that makes people say she's an awful actress? She's fine on GoT and it seems like she's giving the latter material exactly as much effort as it deserves.

What is there to explain? I assume you're seeing the same clips.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

What is there to explain? I assume you're seeing the same clips.

The clips tell me that she's cashing a paycheck, not that she's a bad actress on the whole.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

CharlestheHammer posted:

GOT is enough to show she isn't very good.

You don't need multiple lovely jobs to judge an actress/actor.

You of all people should hope that isn't true.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Aphrodite posted:

You of all people should hope that isn't true.

I am not an actor.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

LORD OF BUTT posted:

The clips tell me that she's cashing a paycheck, not that she's a bad actress on the whole.

Good for her. She looks like she could be the worst thing in the movie.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
This is a movie that has Jai Courtney and Matt Smith in it. Even in zero effort mode, she's better than those two.

(I really hope she doesn't end up becoming the female Jai Courtney- had a good performance on a TV show, leveraged it into movies that are flaming dog crap)

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I don't know what this woman has done to earn such a vigorous defense.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Well she isn't the worst actor on the show.

That is something, I guess.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Even if Kat Dennings or Paz de la Huerta were cast as Sarah Connor and it looked bad I would admit it freely.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah but that's easy because Kat Dennings is awful.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Nude scenes.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Aphrodite posted:

Yeah but that's easy because Kat Dennings is awful.

I don't even care.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Yes clearly if I like someone's acting on a show (which, again, I do, her character is written shittily because GRRM is terrible but she does pretty well with the material- I'm aware that this describes every performance in GoT, pretty much) it's because they get naked a lot. Christ on a bike. I tend to at least admit it when I seek an actor/actress out because they take their clothes off a lot (Manu Bennett :swoon:).

Terminator: Genisys looks bad, we are all in full agreement on that. Her performance in it looks pretty bad, again, we agree here. I just think calling her a lovely actress on the whole off of two roles, one of which she's actually good in, is jumping the gun to a bizarre extent.

WeedlordGoku69 fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Jun 10, 2015

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
The one upside to Genisys is that it's finally going to put to rest all the talk about how genius the original ending for Salvation would have been.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
"She's not a bad actor guys, really!" is immaterial.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Barry Pepper is one of my favorite actors ever, and he's in Battlefield Earth, and he's loving terrible in it.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I'm not sure what point you're trying to make here. When I skimmed the recent posts, I saw a bunch of people making GBS threads on her, on the whole, because her performance in Genisys looks bad (again, a thing I'm not loving arguing with), prompting me to make my initial post.

Upon going back and reading in depth instead of just skimming, it was pretty much just Sir Kodiak and most of the rest of the thread seems to be on the same page I'm on, but I mean, it still should have been fairly obvious what I was referring to.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Only you think you're in some kind of heated argument.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
You just keep addressing a point I'm not actually making and it's confusing the poo poo out of me. I have, at no point, said her performance looks good, and you keep going "no, her performance looks bad" as if I at any point said otherwise.

WeedlordGoku69 fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Jun 10, 2015

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

I have honestly never seen anybody anywhere other than the few people in this thread call Emillia Clarke a terrible actress, but please enlighten me if you can.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Emilia Clarke could secretly be Ellen Burstyn / Helen Mirren / Meryl Streep levels of brilliant.

She's still complete poo poo on GoT whether it's her fault or the director's, and this movie looks like dumpster garbage gently caress rear end and she's not helping that perception.

HTH.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

that is not helping

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Hey thread about movie posters here are two movie posters about movies I watched and liked a lot.

I think the bottom most one kind of sucks in terms of telling you what the movie is like, but also kind of works. It does have a party in it.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Sorry to continue the derail, but I was basically asked a direct question.

The Saddest Rhino posted:

I have honestly never seen anybody anywhere other than the few people in this thread call Emillia Clarke a terrible actress, but please enlighten me if you can.

She gives my least favorite performance in Game of Thrones for someone who gets as much screentime as she does. She's competent enough at producing the few emotions or whatever that are asked of her, but I can't think of a single time where's she's added something interesting to the character through her performance, which I can't say of any other major character.

LORD OF BUTT posted:

I will admit that it's possible that she's an amazing actress and simply has never bothered to never allow it to be captured on film or video.

LORD OF BUTT posted:

(I really hope she doesn't end up becoming the female Jai Courtney- had a good performance on a TV show, leveraged it into movies that are flaming dog crap)

Jai Courtney is fun in Jack Reacher, a movie which is also not bad.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Emilia Clarke's bad acting in GoT is a meme. She's so bad that people who make memes have the cognitive ability to recognize that she's bad.

On topic, I just dropped a small fortune on (reprints of the) original Mad Max trilogy posters in 27x40.

Also got the standard theater double-sided Max and Furiosa in the truck cab poster, also 27x40.

But does anyone know of a source to get this one in 27x40 or larger, because it's amazing:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

But does anyone know of a source to get this one in 27x40 or larger, because it's amazing:

I did the same thing you did (except I didn't get Thunderdome, and I got the Fury Road poster that's the opening shot of the film) and was looking for this same thing. The only place I was able to find it was on e-bay, and it came in two varieties. One was 27x40 prints shipping from Asia, which I did not trust because they were too cheap and the fact that it was never an official poster at that size made me weary. And two, GIANT loving bus stop size things going for $100+.