Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

The Duke boys finally just straight up moved to Chickasaw county to avoid Roscoe & Enos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh
Just another day at the VW shop for a friend...

E30 M3 with 43k

'94 911 RS America

Both owned by the same guy of course.

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

welp, I'm hard

fakeaccount
Jun 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Is that 2 turbos and 2 supers on one engine?

G-Mach
Feb 6, 2011

fakeaccount posted:

Is that 2 turbos and 2 supers on one engine?

Yes

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

I'd be curious to know how much boost that makes.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

I love these cars.

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER
TOOT TOOT

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Collateral Damage posted:

I'd be curious to know how much boost that makes.

The correct answer is "nearly enough"

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Sigma X posted:

TOOT TOOT
[timg]http://i.imgur.com/8hPKxft.gif[/timg]

Gifv version of the 50MB gif (because my computer is old and that poo poo just kills it):

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Jun 10, 2015

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

Least it wasn't a fucking red shell

Sigma X posted:

TOOT TOOT

The gently caress is that?

thebigcow
Jan 3, 2001

Bully!

Gorilla Salad posted:

Gifv version of the 50MB gif (because my computer is old and that poo poo just kills it):

http://i.imgur.com/8hPKxft.gifv

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

wallaka posted:

Looks like peter dinklage to me.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
Mulsanne straight at night :swoon: :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8JR7Wi2MEU

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

A brick Cadillac just ran 205 mph at the Ohio Mile. If that ain't AI I don't know what is.

revdrkevind
Dec 15, 2013
ASK:lol: ME:lol: ABOUT:lol: MY :lol:TINY :lol:DICK

also my opinion on :females:
:haw::flaccid: :haw: :flaccid: :haw: :flaccid::haw:

I'm so in love with the noise the Corvettes-and-such are making now.

wwwwwweeeeeeeeEEUUuuuuu...
wwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEUuu...
MMMMBRBRBRBRBRBRBRBGBGBGBDFDSBGBBBBBMMMMMMM.....
wwwwwweeeeeeeEEEUUuuuuu...

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Enourmo posted:

A brick Cadillac just ran 205 mph at the Ohio Mile. If that ain't AI I don't know what is.

:catstare:

I'm in love

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

wallaka posted:

Whatever it is, it's AI as gently caress.

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Enourmo posted:

It's one of those weird series Hot Wheels cars come to life.

I need this car.

I'm also in love.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

wallaka posted:

Mid 80s toyota pickup. It had a full body when it went into the creek on the other end.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Enourmo posted:

Someone MUST have recorded this surely?!

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

Count Freebasie posted:

It's one of those weird series Hot Wheels cars come to life.

Oooh can I pick a Hot Wheels to bring to life? I've always loved the Maelstrom:

quote:

Speed, Power, and Attitude define the realm of Hot Wheels. One of the finest examples of these characteristics can be seen in the Maelstrom. Twin V-12 engines power the many curves of this wild ride with large scoops to pull in power giving air. Side vents and twin rear pipes quickly remove the exhaust from the firing of those 24 cylinders. The single seat cockpit allows for just one lucky soul to take the ride of their life at a time. Wouldn't you like to wait in that line?

:hellyeah:

(I wonder if Polyphony has considered Hot Wheels for their Vision Gran Turismo thing? probably not a prestigious enough design firm)

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Where the hell do your legs go?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

I now want to play a Hotwheels driving game... Base it on something fun like Ridge Racer, have all the sets in there from years ago as a 'stunt' mode like Stunt Drivin' and load it full of their obscenely huge roster of ridiculous cars. :o

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Enourmo posted:

Owns bones, I saw the same year Caddy on that Counting Cars show and fell in love - it's huge as gently caress but I love that it's practically the size of a limo and beastly as hell

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

davebo posted:

Where the hell do your legs go?

you don't understand, the car is 40 feet long and that's a 70 L V-10.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Sigma X posted:

you don't understand, the car is 40 feet long and that's a 70 L V-10.

Making 400hp :v:

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Big engine you say? Only 70 liters, only a V10?

Here is a 32 liter twin turbo V12. It makes 1000-1200hp depending on which tune you buy. That may not sound like much for 32 liters but... 2900-3500 foot pounds sure does.

Not big enough? How about a cat 3616, a V-16 296 liter 4-stroke turbodiesel that makes up to 6600hp and 6.5 mile-pounds of torque.

EightBit
Jan 7, 2006
I spent money on this line of text just to make the "Stupid Newbie" go away.
Mile-pounds :fap:

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

EightBit posted:

This bit has me cackling like an idiot every time.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

It sounds like a made up thing until you think about it.

"How can a mile weigh anything? They're completely different units of measurement!"

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

EightBit posted:

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

88h88 posted:

I now want to play a Hotwheels driving game... Base it on something fun like Ridge Racer, have all the sets in there from years ago as a 'stunt' mode like Stunt Drivin' and load it full of their obscenely huge roster of ridiculous cars. :o

Take my fuckin' money right now.

quote:

Not big enough? How about a cat 3616, a V-16 296 liter 4-stroke turbodiesel that makes up to 6600hp and 6.5 mile-pounds of torque.

Mile-pounds? Jesus Christ.

CroatianAlzheimers fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Jun 10, 2015

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

:awesome:

It's difficult to even imagine that kind of force. Like, there's no real frame of reference to go by, it's like trying to imagine the size of the universe.

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

Terrible Robot posted:

:awesome:

It's difficult to even imagine that kind of force. Like, there's no real frame of reference to go by, it's like trying to imagine the size of the universe.

34320 ft-lbs? Enough energy to move a fully grown adult African bush elephant about 3 feet.

The Prong Song fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Jun 10, 2015

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Well, this is torque, not energy, though it's rather amusing that they're measured in the same units.

That's enough torque to lift that elephant using a 3 foot radius winch spool... while the motor is spinning at a thousand RPM. Not sure what idle torque is.

e: so at the engine's rated max speed of 1000rpm, you could lift a fully grown elephant at about 200 miles per hour. That's a hell of an elevator/elephant launching device.

kastein fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Jun 10, 2015

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I would watch the Discovery Channel show such a contraption would be based on.

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

Enourmo posted:

The pic of the Toyota got me to half mast. That Cadillac though just cause me to blow a hole in my pants :gizz:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

You know those pumpkin chucking contests? Anyone ever built a rig built around one of those engines, for kicks?