Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFUlAQZB9Ng

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Dude, it's great. Chris Pratt is just :swoon: and the movie knows it.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DO0kxKMHIA

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Velociraptors own so hard.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

holocaust bloopers posted:

Dude, it's great. Chris Pratt is just :swoon: and the movie knows it.

Doesn't surprise me, the dude is hyper-charismatic.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

ded posted:

I need to poison what is left of my lawn. Then I'm going to weed mat it all and put rocks over my back yard. This drought can suck my dick.

how does this make you feel?

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
I'm may 20ish

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Doesn't surprise me, the dude is hyper-charismatic.

For any kids under the age of 12 seeing Jurassic World, it'll be like Harrison Ford in Indiana Jones for dudes who are now 30 and older.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

For any kids under the age of 12 seeing Jurassic World, it'll be like Harrison Ford in Indiana Jones for dudes who are now 30 and older.

That reminds me I gave my Secret Santa giant Star Lord to my nephew and he friggen loved it.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Bryce Dallas Howard will also kickstart a generation of dudes who are way into redheads who will never know exactly why.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

how does this make you feel?

heh

i also need to demo the massive deck i built. the ground here is all hard clay and having a sprinkler system keeping it wet everyday made the ground shift (slight hill) and the deck has sort of separated in the middle.

i need to dump like 3k into the drat backyard and setup a small bit of it for just growing crap that squirrels will most likely steal anyways.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

ded posted:

heh

i also need to demo the massive deck i built. the ground here is all hard clay and having a sprinkler system keeping it wet everyday made the ground shift (slight hill) and the deck has sort of separated in the middle.

i need to dump like 3k into the drat backyard and setup a small bit of it for just growing crap that squirrels will most likely steal anyways.

I need to do that to my front yard. poo poo is too expensive to water, and I hate maintaining it. My backyard is my sanctuary though.

As far a squirrels are concerned, I usually get along pretty well with them, but one of those little furry fucks is Close to getting blasted. He ripped open a trash bag, and barked at me while I was cleaning it up, ate the leaves off a few potato plants, stripped 2 Brussels, sprouts clean, and he has been jabbering outside my window at 5:30 on the weekends and waking me up.

I swear he would be dead by now if it wasn't so funny watching the bluejays dive bomb him off the fence though.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

ded posted:

heh

if it makes you feel any better i wish this rain would gently caress off, making it muggy as gently caress around here

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Bryce Dallas Howard will also kickstart a generation of dudes who are way into redheads who will never know exactly why.

oh, Dana Scully syndrome

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

oh, Dana Scully syndrome

hahaha

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Salt and pepper, don't overthink it :colbert:

and maybe a tea spoon of olive oil or malt vinegar if it's not marbled too well

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

oh, Dana Scully syndrome

:golfclap:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

http://youtu.be/hkDD03yeLnU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

bengy81 posted:

I need to do that to my front yard. poo poo is too expensive to water, and I hate maintaining it. My backyard is my sanctuary though.

As far a squirrels are concerned, I usually get along pretty well with them, but one of those little furry fucks is Close to getting blasted. He ripped open a trash bag, and barked at me while I was cleaning it up, ate the leaves off a few potato plants, stripped 2 Brussels, sprouts clean, and he has been jabbering outside my window at 5:30 on the weekends and waking me up.

I swear he would be dead by now if it wasn't so funny watching the bluejays dive bomb him off the fence though.

gently caress it's good living in nz where the biggest thing to worry about is slugs and snails
let's get back to cooking chat
i'll trade my second best chicken recipe for a good pork roast

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

:wtc:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Booblord Zagats posted:

and maybe a tea spoon of olive oil or malt vinegar if it's not marbled too well

Yes. Also the fennel suggestion is spot on.

Oh and for steaks if you can find Dale's marinade it makes just about any cut of meat a million times better.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8qgehH3kEQ

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

Two Finger posted:

gently caress it's good living in nz where the biggest thing to worry about is slugs and snails

You forget to mention meth and shackle draggers?

e: whuck off.....im so envious :(

Reign Of Pain fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Jun 10, 2015

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

this is my favorite new thing

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Hey guys it's 110 degrees here daily having trouble maintaining my lawn also keep getting brown spots and I was curious about the best ways to mow it any suggestions?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Hey guys it's 110 degrees here daily having trouble maintaining my lawn also keep getting brown spots iand was curious about the best ways to mow it any suggestions?

set it on fire

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?
DIY Dry Aging Report: Worked pretty loving well, suck my dick if you think I'm ever paying for another dry aged porterhouse again you commie $32/lb gently caress. And on a related note...

Charcoal Chimney Cooked Steak Report: 10/10 holy loving tits it's a steak done in 5 minutes flat. Perfect charred crust, fat dissolving as you bite into it from being blasted to unholy hell by heat, juuuuuust barely medium rare in the center.

Soaked super fresh corn for an hour in water, threw on the grill as the coals were going full tilt, rotated as the husk started getting charred. Strip the husk, add a little butter, sprinkle a little Old Bay...

Alton Brown is the poo poo.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Hey guys it's 110 degrees here daily having trouble maintaining my lawn and was curious about the best ways to mow it any suggestions?

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

pro way of mowing the lawn: watch the elderly colored man do it from my balcony

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Hey guys it's 110 degrees here daily having trouble maintaining my lawn also keep getting brown spots and I was curious about the best ways to mow it any suggestions?

scythe

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Chicken Dry Rub:

4 Tbsp brown sugar
2 Tbsp salt(I use maybe 1 at most)
2 Tbsp chili powder
2 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp cayenne

Coat chicken in olive oil, then put on dry rub. roast for 30 min at 400*. You can grill it too, it's pretty drat good.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

that sounds loving awesome, will report back

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
So ATM on Netflix has become my new favorite movie as Friday is my favorite song.

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt1603257/reviews?ref_=m_tt_urv#showAll

The reviews practically dared me not to like it.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

i've watched it probably 9 times by now but holy loving gently caress band of brothers
holy gently caress

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

duh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2_AIWFO77s

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Slim Pickens posted:

Chicken Dry Rub:

4 Tbsp brown sugar
2 Tbsp salt(I use maybe 1 at most)
2 Tbsp chili powder
2 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp cayenne

Coat chicken in olive oil, then put on dry rub. roast for 30 min at 400*. You can grill it too, it's pretty drat good.

the recipe i have i took from one of paula deen's books
2 Tbsp. ground cumin
2 Tbsp chili powder 1
1 Tbsp ground coriander
1 Tbsp kosher salt
2 tsp ground pepper
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes

as I said has been great for pork, she recommends it for beef but I found it doesn't really do much for it... totally open to any recipes anyone has though

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
I watched Conspiracy again a few days ago. I think it has de-throned Dredd as the one movie I can watch every couple of weeks and it's still great every time.

Other good movies about people talking in a room:
12 Angry Men (1957) - I think I first saw it in High School but it's fantastic.
Carnage (2011) - I'd never heard of this until I started looking for films similar to Conspiracy. Christoff Waltz, John C Reilly, Kate Winslett, and Jodie Foster.

Movies I did not enjoy that are about people in a room, talking:
My Dinner With Andre (1981) - jesus christ
The Man From Earth (2007) - watched maybe 2 minutes, audio was terrible.
The Sunset Limited (2011) - watched maybe 5 minutes. Stupid camera movement right out of the gate. Samuel L Jackson + Tommy Lee Jones. Mehhh.

Also "Gone Girl" is pretty neat. Nothing to do with people talking in a room.

Two Finger posted:

i've watched it probably 9 times by now but holy loving gently caress band of brothers
holy gently caress

I just did a rewatch a few weeks ago, it's pretty flawless. I considered binging through The Pacific and Generation Kill but they're nowhere near as good.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Victor Vermis posted:

12 Angry Men (1957) - I think I first saw it in High School but it's fantastic.

loving yes
this is a seriously great film and if you haven't seen it you really need to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Dana Scully syndrome

N4I, change my name to this, tia

• Locked thread