Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
That's why I love Capheus because that is exactly how I would react.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

I do like later on when Lito actually starts helping people out. His character becomes cooler all the time.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

That Works posted:

I do like later on when Lito actually starts helping people out. His character becomes cooler all the time.

Absolutely. Imagining a Chicago cop trying to channel Latin Charm while speaking Icelandic is absolutely hilarious to me.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Thanks for confirming that I should skip Sense8 for my hatred of 4 Non Blondes.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers

mr.capps posted:

Thanks for confirming that I should skip Sense8 for my hatred of 4 Non Blondes.

Don't worry I hate that song with a fiery passion but it's sort of a cute scene. I mean, that song still loving sucks but it's used well.

gently caress u 4 non blondes

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
After moving out I discovered my former female roommate's sex VHS tape (I didn't realize this until I hit play), and all I can remember about it is that awful 4 Non Blondes song playing in the background as she blows some guy with a small dick. I am pretty sure she put it in my stuff on purpose (she was a super freak).

Now every time I hear "hey, what's going on?" that visual comes back like a bad acid flashback (the color is all grey and dirty looking, like it was a Soderbergh film shot with a filter).

nate fisher fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Jun 10, 2015

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

nate fisher posted:

After moving out I discovered my former female roommate's sex VHS tape (I didn't realize this until I hit play), and all I can remember about it is that awful 4 Non Blondes song playing in the background as she blows some guy with a small dick. I am pretty sure she put it in my stuff on purpose (she was a super freak).

Now every time I hear "hey, what's going on?" that visual comes back like a bad acid flashback (the color is all grey and dirty looking, like it was a Soderbergh film shot with a filter).

Lol

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

Just watched episode 1 of Sense8 and goddamn that wet strap-on drop :stare:

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
I watched the first Episode of Sense8 and was bored to tears, but still give it five stars for the close up of an excessively slimy strapon thudding to the floor and spattering it with gooey strands of ectoplasm from a haunted vagina. Anyways, it looked like that lady's hooha had a pretty bad cold and that is terrific.

Wiggles Von Huggins posted:

Just watched episode 1 of Sense8 and goddamn that wet strap-on drop :stare:

haha niiiice

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

oh hey Nightcrawler is up

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

A MIRACLE posted:

That is a movie that people should watch. Really great stuff.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Sarchasm posted:

That is a movie that people should watch. Really great stuff.

I've been waiting for this since the June lineup was announced. Can't wait to get home from work and watch it.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

A MIRACLE posted:

Oh poo poo. Everyone watch this immediately

nate fisher posted:

:stonklol:

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
Cutie and the Boxer will be leaving on the 14th. It's a great documentary if you're interested in struggling artists fighting for their passions and their love/hate for each other. It left me conflicted and moved in a good way, and creative individuals will get a kick out of it. It's also very well shot.

Anything else really good that will be leaving soon?

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I don't know what kind of nerd poo poo you guys are discussing, but Mortal Kombat is up apparently. This movie is among the greatest works of art ever to be put to film. It's seriously exactly as good as I remember it being when I watched it way back when.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
Try to not get pumped during the fights set to the Mortal Kombat theme, I bet you can't do it.

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem

A MIRACLE posted:

I'm watching this right now, I'm about an hour in. I'm enjoying it, but Jake Gyllenhaal's character is painfully awkward.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.

remigious posted:

I'm watching this right now, I'm about an hour in. I'm enjoying it, but Jake Gyllenhaal's character is painfully awkward.

I can't wait to see you realize how much worse than 'awkward' he is.

The tragic/horrifying/amazing thing about Nightcrawler is that Gyllenhaal at first appears awkward, but is, in fact, armed with exactly the social skills he needs to get ahead in his environment. We're the ones who are at a social disadvantage.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.
I cant properly articulate how much i hate snowpiercer

loving trash

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

loving trash

Not again.

Never again.

We are not having that argument again!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

remigious posted:

His character is :sperg: incarnate, and it is the best goddamn thing. The last 30 minutes of the film are goddamn amazing.

He's basically a human apex predator of social skills.

magnificent7
Sep 22, 2005

THUNDERDOME LOSER

A MIRACLE posted:

Just sad there's no sopping strap on in this film.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

loving trash

Can you believe how loving unrealistic that train was? What a pile of garbage, right?

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Sergeant_Crunch posted:

Can you believe how loving unrealistic that train was? What a pile of garbage, right?

Nooooooooooooooooo

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
I don't see what's so unrealistic about a train - we have many in the real world, and they operate just fine, sometimes even in the cold

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Autists really like trains right? Maybe that's why we cant talk about Snowpiercer.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

magnificent7 posted:

Just sad there's no sopping strap on in this film.

Huh?

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

Sense8 had some gooey strap-on action.

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.

Sergeant_Crunch posted:

I'm feeling extremely triggered right now

Terra-da-loo!
Apr 6, 2008

Sufficiently kickass.
Not that this thread was the first time I had had the film suggested (I had been wanting to see it for a while, actually), I want to both second/third/fiftieth the Nightcrawler suggestion, as well as thank those who let me know it was up and reminded me to watch it. The photography is as beautiful as Gyllenhaal is ghastly and unnerving. The last film with him in it that I watched was Prisoners, which I found streaming--I think--on HBO Go. Different film altogether and drastically different performance, but good. Frankly, I assume most of you have seen it, I mostly bring it up to draw comparisons. Except that--and this is a personal critique--I think Jake Gyllenhaal has more range and nuance as creeps/weirdos and underdogs than he does as the hero. Then again, I'm not exactly a scholar of the man's work (though I do have an Associates in Nic Cage Studies--essentially the same as pre-law).

On the photography: Along with well-composed shots, etc., the colorist gave it that very vivid high-saturation feel while setting so much of the film indoors or at night, which, coupled with the subject matter and lead character/performance, just makes the entire picture feel slimy.

Terra-da-loo! fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Jun 11, 2015

umbrellar
Nov 6, 2011

Zombie Raptor posted:

The photography is as beautiful as Gyllenhaal is ghastly and unnerving. The last film with him in it that I watched was Prisoners, which I found streaming--I think--on HBO Go. Different film altogether and drastically different performance, but good. Frankly, I assume most of you have seen it, I mostly bring it up to draw comparisons. Except that--and this is a personal critique--I think Jake Gyllenhaal has more range and nuance as creeps/weirdos and underdogs than he does as the hero. Then again, I'm not exactly a scholar of the man's work (though I do have an Associates in Nic Cage Studies--essentially the same as pre-law).

Super underrated actor, seems to be choosing really interesting roles, too. He's really good in Enemy, I think it's still on Amazon Prime? That's another movie (like Nightcrawler) that wouldn't let me go for a while, and Gyllenhaal's a big part of that.

Terra-da-loo!
Apr 6, 2008

Sufficiently kickass.

umbrellar posted:

Super underrated actor, seems to be choosing really interesting roles, too. He's really good in Enemy, I think it's still on Amazon Prime? That's another movie (like Nightcrawler) that wouldn't let me go for a while, and Gyllenhaal's a big part of that.

Gyllenhaal's been growing a lot on me. I never really disliked the guy or his performances, but I think Nightcrawler, especially, showcases what an actor he is. And yeah, I'd agree that his choices of roles are changing up. If nothing else, it's far less spotty. These days I have to strain to remind myself Prince of Persia even happened (and it is never worth the effort).

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

umbrellar posted:

I was also going to recommend Enemy, but was unsure if it's streaming anywhere. It's the same director from Prisoners as well (but very different tonally--instead of a severely moody thriller, it's much less grounded in straightforward realism and more open to interpretation).

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I was pretty firmly in the camp that disliked Snowpiercer back when the thread was still arguing about it, but the movie has really grown on me after seeing it again. Whether you wind up liking or disliking it, it's definitely worth a watch if you haven't already seen it.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

Snowpiercer tells a fantastic tale that's both too grounded in reality and too fantastic for the premise it sets. I personally liked it, but something about the grit of the rear cars feels like a movie that wants to be more steeped in reality. If the train was more allegorical and less literal, it would give the movie the dreamier tale feeling the story has.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Sergeant_Crunch posted:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who really dislikes Nomi as a character. Everyone else thinks the actress is to blame, but I honestly don't think anyone could make that role work.

Terra-da-loo!
Apr 6, 2008

Sufficiently kickass.
Noted on Enemy, by the way. Will look into it soon. Streaming services loving pay off.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
nightcrawler is real good. ya'll should watch it.

Terra-da-loo!
Apr 6, 2008

Sufficiently kickass.
To contribute with a suggestion that I'm about 99.8% sure has been made in this thread before but want to reiterate because oh, gently caress, is it a great black comedy/satire: Four Lions is streaming on Amazon Prime. It's a great primer in the appropriate use of levity when making a tragic comedy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Just finished Nightcrawler, those last 30 minutes were absolutely insane. A great movie with a great actor.