Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Keldroc posted:

Found Wave 3 at a semi-local Walmart today. Looks like Walmart is your go-to choice for Wave 3 for the moment, since all the retail sightings have been there.

From previous trends, Diamond shipments of TFs arrive right around the same time the same item shows up on HST. Wave 3 is set to ship from Diamond in 2 weeks. So if the trend follows we should see Wave 3 in a few easier to attain places.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

The Taint Reaper posted:

I have like 30 of those she-ra figures and molded articulated plastic hair is superior.

Just giving you a heads up DoctorWhat, here's where you make fun of him.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
So uh... are Wild Rider and Slingshot or whatever they're calling them now going to be hard to get? Because I checked on BBTS and it says "LIMIT ONE - SOLD OUT" and that has me a little concerned. Especially because my local targets and walmarts suck.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I think the Mistuoka Orochi is horrendous, but in an endearing way.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

gently caress it, I prerodered Cupola ... let's see how this goes!

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

therealjon_ posted:

gently caress it, I prerodered Cupola ... let's see how this goes!

Cupola looks great, and I really liked their Hardhead prototype. I think it's safe to say that we won't get real MP headmasters in a while.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Gammatron 64 posted:

So uh... are Wild Rider and Slingshot or whatever they're calling them now going to be hard to get? Because I checked on BBTS and it says "LIMIT ONE - SOLD OUT" and that has me a little concerned. Especially because my local targets and walmarts suck.

the rumour i've been hearing is that Hasbro cut specialty store orders because TRU is going to get them

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Europe not getting wave 2 of combiner wars is especially bullshit given that they split up Superion and Menasor into separate waves and you can't even have a complete Superion unless you're okay with him having a Dragstrip arm.

Rei_ posted:

the rumour i've been hearing is that Hasbro cut specialty store orders because TRU is going to get them

Hmmm. Getting TRU exclusives is always an interesting (horrible) experience.

It's nothing short of a miracle that I was able to get MP Optimus, Grimlock and Rodimus when they were on shelves. If it's something people want (like MP Optimus or Grimlock) they show up for about a one week window, then disappear forever, never to be seen again. If it's something people don't want (Acid Storm, giant Cybertron Starscream, year of the horse blinged out Optimus) it'll rot on shelves forever.

It won't be the end of the world if I miss them, because Superion and Menasor at least have the proper number of body parts, even if they're not the same dudes. Even though I'd love to have them.

I'm lucky as hell to have Arcee \ Chromia \ Windblade because I never saw that wave in stores, ever. I'm not sure if it even ever saw most stores. I'd imagine Arcee and Chromia are pretty darn rare. They're last wave figures, plus in high demand I'd imagine. Only reason I have them is because I got them online.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
The latest issue of Combiner Wars was so meh I can't even be bothe-

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Gammatron 64 posted:

I've been collecting for over 15 years now and I recommend treating every release as if it's the only/last time to get something. And everything will only get more expensive. Unless you actually buy it, of course, then it will stagnate or lose value. But if you really want something, don't gently caress around, snag it before it's a hojillion dollars. Even if it's widely released later, at least you got to enjoy it sooner. Sure I paid like $40 for Animated Ratchet at one point, but I also got that now-obscenely-expensive "anime deco" G1 Astrotrain for $50.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Wait does this mean Europe isn't getting Devastator?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Wait does this mean Europe isn't getting Devastator?

Why would it?

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

I kind of get the impression that Hasbro doesn't give a poo poo about Europe.

Why cookie Rocket posted:

I've been collecting for over 15 years now and I recommend treating every release as if it's the only/last time to get something. And everything will only get more expensive. Unless you actually buy it, of course, then it will stagnate or lose value. But if you really want something, don't gently caress around, snag it before it's a hojillion dollars. Even if it's widely released later, at least you got to enjoy it sooner. Sure I paid like $40 for Animated Ratchet at one point, but I also got that now-obscenely-expensive "anime deco" G1 Astrotrain for $50.

Yeah... I have a feeling I'm gonna need to give the scalpers what they want to get these.

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.

Sentinel Red posted:

The latest issue of Combiner Wars was so meh I can't even be bothe-

It was meh up until they killed off Swindle. They just had to kill someone I liked for this crap.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Very much this, yeah.

If you really really like something and consider it essential to your collection get it as soon as it's available. The "I'll wait for a discount/improved version" is better applied to stuff that you're kinda indifferent to, but you pick up at a lesser price later and maybe end up pleasantly surprised.

e: THREAD QUESTION: Bombshell head preference: all silver, or black with silver faceplate?

Blackheart fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Jun 10, 2015

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
So why does Leader Ultra Magnus have empty ports around his ankles that don't quite fit his weapons?

Also I hate how he holds his hammer, it's not a tight grip, same with his guns. His really can't hold anything in a stable fashion. But he's seriously the best leader next to G1 Megatron.

Like the top 3 leaders are G1 Megs, Ultra Magnus, and Jetfire.

then again everything else is just a retool of G1 Megs or Jetfire.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhvIISDoarU

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Jun 10, 2015

Smoke
Mar 12, 2005

I am NOT a red Bumblebee for god's sake!

Gun Saliva

Gammatron 64 posted:

I kind of get the impression that Hasbro doesn't give a poo poo about Europe.

Hasbro never really gave a poo poo about Europe as far as Transformers are concerned. Miserable, scattered distribution of lines for the past decade or so, usually just the first few waves at most.

I recently checked a local store's Transformers shelves, seeing if they had CW stuff. A lot of Primes and Silverbolts(30 euros a pop), and only two of the limbs(23 euros a pop). Meanwhile there's still TF4 stuff, including those cheap nontransforming figures and a lot of one-step changers, clogging large parts of the shelves around the CW stuff. Other stores display similar layouts, so I'm not surprised that they're not gonna distribute wave 2.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Look you all live in castles made of MISB Rotorstorms and I just need the goddam blades and missiles for mine and reprolabels hasn't put out a set for him and god dammit. So yeah, boo hoo for europe, go dry your eyes with a Scorch that actually has his bigass gun or something.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
With all the guys who were never combiners who are now getting combiners. I want a G1 Dinobot Combiner. If we can have a Full on Autobot combiner consisting of Optimus Prime, Rodimus prime, ironhide, Prowl, Mirage, and Sunstreaker. They could do the Dinobots since outside of Grimlock they have zero figures in the classics line.....that and it would complete the 1985 Autobots.

That Rodimus repaint is like the biggest stretch ever.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

The Taint Reaper posted:

With all the guys who were never combiners who are now getting combiners. I want a G1 Dinobot Combiner. If we can have a Full on Autobot combiner consisting of Optimus Prime, Rodimus prime, ironhide, Prowl, Mirage, and Sunstreaker. They could do the Dinobots since outside of Grimlock they have zero figures in the classics line.....that and it would complete the 1985 Autobots.

That Rodimus repaint is like the biggest stretch ever.

I just hope his face doesn't look like this

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Blackheart posted:

The combined form face should resemble the Diaclone Logo. I mean with all the references like Cyclonus becoming Galvatron and the Wreckers combined form being a dude who had a single frame in the comics. The Dinobot Combiner should feature a reference to the earliest transformers.

it only makes sense.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Lol maybe I, a full grown adult, should stop buying Transformers comics because they're bad and a waste of money.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

SynthOrange posted:

Lol maybe I, a full grown adult, should stop buying Transformers comics because they're bad and a waste of money.

Get out now and light yourself on fire.

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

I'm not sure why everyone's acting (noticeably from the US) like it's a problem for us in the UK/Europe to get...well anything really. There's plenty of places import or order them in without massive mark up, poo poo, I can't even remember the last time I bought a TF from a shop, and it's not for lack of seeing them.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Shipping costs probably

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

tbh I kinda lost interest in the comics and got a little bored and haven't read them since like issue 30. I know... this is heresy.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

You might like combiner wars. Spoilers: It has combiners, warring.

Also (big spoilers from the ending): Knock-Out is confirmed to live on speed planet. There is a beast planet with Tigatron and Airrazor confirmed. And lastly, Elite One lives on a titan with faces of fallen transformers making up her furniture and chair so maybe Windblade will give you what you need.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Gammatron 64 posted:

tbh I kinda lost interest in the comics and got a little bored and haven't read them since like issue 30. I know... this is heresy.

I'm still reading them but it's no longer an "omg I can't wait until next month!!!" feeling at the end. It could be so much worse. Transformers fiction goes in waves. It'll be like this for a while, then it'll be really putrid at some point, and then it'll be great a few years after that. Seasons change. Soon you die. All things must pass.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Blackheart posted:

That's awesome though, look at all those teeth!

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

RaspberryCommie posted:

It was meh up until they killed off Swindle. They just had to kill someone I liked for this crap.

I'm holding out hope that Rattrap's lying to protect Swindle from Starscream until he can get that "proof"

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
I mean, we're 99% getting Bruticus next year, so...

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

DoctorWhat posted:

While there is room on my shelf for a 6th/7th rendition of Bruticus(does Ultra Onslaught count?) for Generations. I am not sure there is room.......in my heart.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DoctorWhat posted:

Maybe Swindle is the Decepticon equivalent of Ironhide.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

The Taint Reaper posted:

While there is room on my shelf for a 6th/7th rendition of Bruticus(does Ultra Onslaught count?) for Generations. I am not sure there is room.......in my heart.

having to cope with FOC Bruticus and all his lanky, awful misery has made me more than ready to bring a new and better dudeicus into my home.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I'm still reading them but it's no longer an "omg I can't wait until next month!!!" feeling at the end. It could be so much worse. Transformers fiction goes in waves. It'll be like this for a while, then it'll be really putrid at some point, and then it'll be great a few years after that. Seasons change. Soon you die. All things must pass.

It's really putrid NOW.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

SynthOrange posted:

It's really putrid NOW.

Have you even Beast Machinesed bro

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

In my heart... There is always room for Bruticus, noted best combiner (tm)

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

SynthOrange posted:

It's really putrid NOW.

We're talking about the comics, not the movies.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

Acne Rain posted:

I'm holding out hope that Rattrap's lying to protect Swindle from Starscream until he can get that "proof"

Of course he bloody is, how else could you even read that scene

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!
There were two "new" combiners that I saw on Monday for '16; both I think would be something else this group would be excited about