Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.
A true wrestler will walk straight to that pay windah daddy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Hayabusa keeps telling people he wants one more match. tbh he's probably as mobile as Hulk Hogan is anyway.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

epitasis posted:

I don't think he would attempt a springboard moonsault given what happened last time. In fact, I don't think he's even working. I think he probably retired. Bottom line: I don't think he can walk well enough to participate in any physical strenuous activities, of which professional wrestling is included.

What a mark, wrestling is a work.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Looks like pururesushop is done for. RIP

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Remember the rumors of the W-1 tour in West Virginia?

Some details are here and they're going a little further afield as well.

http://apwawrestling.com/

Belle Vernon is the Pittsburgh exurb ROH used to run regularly and I'll definitely be there. Front Row seats are only 20 bucks :stare:I'm not really a huge W-1 fan but it's dumb to pass up at that price.

The indie they're partnering with that I've never heard of before is apparently owned by Don West.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Why are they touring west virginia I'm so loving confused but of course I'll go.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.
When did Don West start an indie company?

Really all the answers raise more questions.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

Suben posted:

When did Don West start an indie company?

Really all the answers raise more questions.

It's not the same Don West we all know and love.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Details are sketchy right now but AJPW is starting a streaming service for ¥777 a month.

http://av.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/20150601_704753.html

Unfortunately, according to enuhito it's currently limited to Japan, and Voices of Wrestling said that they're technically a new company reformed after Akiyama took over so no '90s archives. Personally have no interest even if subscription is possible but it's probably a smart move for them to at least attempt since they had no iPPV to begin with.

Dr. Zoggle
Aug 12, 2006
Go Blue!

Thauros posted:

Details are sketchy right now but AJPW is starting a streaming service for ¥777 a month.

http://av.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/20150601_704753.html

Unfortunately, according to enuhito it's currently limited to Japan, and Voices of Wrestling said that they're technically a new company reformed after Akiyama took over so no '90s archives. Personally have no interest even if subscription is possible but it's probably a smart move for them to at least attempt since they had no iPPV to begin with.

So who owns the rights to the 90s stuff? Mrs. Baba?

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

zrrgin posted:

So who owns the rights to the 90s stuff? Mrs. Baba?
NTV, the only company Giant Baba worked with. They shifted to NOAH after the split but retained the AJPW library.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

IVP is getting in the blind box game. $14.99 (~$20 with shipping)

quote:

Mystery boxes are all the rage nowadays and that is why IVPvideos.com is proud to announce the first one made specifically for the fan of the Japanese wrestling. Included in this mystery box is as follows.

1. A Blu-Ray compilation with cover art that is NOT CURRENTLY on the site. The only way to get this until July 15th is to order this mystery box. (Retail Value $9.99)
2. Five DVDs from the vastly deep catalog at IVPvideos.com with thermal printing. These will be some of my old favorites that I wish to share (Retail Value $14.99)
3. Two DVDs that are not on the website. These could be pretty much anything. It is a surprise (Retail Value $5.99)
4. RANDOM SURPRISES!!!! (Retail Value: Priceless)

Unlike other mystery boxes, this one will be shipped as soon as it is purchased throughout the month of June. Thanks and hopefully this is the start of something pretty cool that everyone can enjoy.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

IVP is cool as heck, and I love supporting the guy.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

$3 a disc is more than I normally pay for bootleg dvds. No sale.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

oatgan posted:

$3 a disc is more than I normally pay for bootleg dvds. No sale.

you don't get the used ring gear in your IVP packages? Weird.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

I loving love mystery boxes. Bootleg or not I will be getting one.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Ganbare Pro, a D-level indy that's an offshoot of a C-level indy that's an offshoot of DDT, ran an angle to set up a match between two masked characters, Mr. No and J-Soul Pandita III IV.

There are no words:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qvtoiva6Fc#t=253

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
I'm hearing that the Triple Crown was won by a horse??? Is AJPW trying to compete with DDT now?!

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Spermgod posted:

I'm hearing that the Triple Crown was won by a horse??? Is AJPW trying to compete with DDT now?!

Eh, they apparently did it in 1978 when they were a lot more popular and it went over well. Guess they're just resorting to old tricks in a probably futile effort to regain relevance.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

Spermgod posted:

Akebono's a big dude but let's not go overboard.

electric funeral
Oct 16, 2004

ACCIO PANTIES
*swoosh flick*
Akebono has to be like 19 hands high.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The IVP box was pretty rad.

Best of Kawada-Kobashi Blu-Ray
Best of Fantastics V1
Dragon Gate show from 4/26/15
Best of Kobashi-Misawa V1
Best of Misawa-Kawada V1
Best of Misawa-Taue V1
Best of Misawa-Tsuruta V1

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

I wonder if they all have the same thing. I ordered one but it hasn't shown yet.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

sportsgenius86 posted:

The IVP box was pretty rad.

Best of Kawada-Kobashi Blu-Ray
Best of Fantastics V1
Dragon Gate show from 4/26/15
Best of Kobashi-Misawa V1
Best of Misawa-Kawada V1
Best of Misawa-Taue V1
Best of Misawa-Tsuruta V1
And TNA trading cards, of which Hulk Hogan was quoted as saying "I don't think he has any friends" about Samoa Joe,

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Dunbar posted:

I wonder if they all have the same thing. I ordered one but it hasn't shown yet.

mine has the exact same stuff.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Flameingblack posted:

And TNA trading cards, of which Hulk Hogan was quoted as saying "I don't think he has any friends" about Samoa Joe,

I got two different Steiner cards in my pack so that was a big plus

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

E: dammit

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Flameingblack posted:

I got a lil' Joshi figurine! I forgot who she is!

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

LvK posted:

I got a lil' Joshi figurine! I forgot who she is!
Post a picture of it!

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
A new streaming service challenger approaches:

http://enuhito.com/eng/?p=47

Pretty huge. Would wish GAORA would do it so DG stuff would be more easily accessible

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

A new streaming service challenger approaches:

http://enuhito.com/eng/?p=47

Pretty huge. Would wish GAORA would do it so DG stuff would be more easily accessible

Yeah, I've really fallen off watching DG simply because it's not as easily accessible as it used to be. Just hope the Samurai TV thing isn't going to interfere with NJPW World.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Thauros posted:

Yeah, I've really fallen off watching DG simply because it's not as easily accessible as it used to be. Just hope the Samurai TV thing isn't going to interfere with NJPW World.

The last three Infinity's finally hit DailyMotion. The delay is super frustrating with this supposed to be the build up towards Kobe World and we can now only see shows from a month ago about KING OF GATE.

I don't know what the rundown is between TV Asahi and Samurai TV, but I guess maybe this would affect those house show NJPW World events?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

The last three Infinity's finally hit DailyMotion. The delay is super frustrating with this supposed to be the build up towards Kobe World and we can now only see shows from a month ago about KING OF GATE.

I don't know what the rundown is between TV Asahi and Samurai TV, but I guess maybe this would affect those house show NJPW World events?

the house shows with minimal camerawork and no commentary are a pure NJPW thing, but I believe the Korakuen shows use a Samurai TV feed since they use the Samurai tv graphics and everything.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
It's looking like it'll be about 15 bux a month but it does include NJPW, DDT, BJW, and a handful of other promotions.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

DDT Pro used to be on Samurai TV iirc and that's all that matters to me, if they go up on the service gonna instantly buy that.

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

Not sure if it's worth bumping this thread for, but IVP Videos has their July Purobox available now. The first one was a pretty awesome value for $15. Scroll up to see what discs were included.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

DMorbid fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Mar 11, 2016

Panama Red
Jul 30, 2003

Only in America could you find a way to earn a healthy buck and still keep your attitude on self destruct
Today there was a special card in Japan on the 10th anniversary of the death of puroresu legend Shinya Hashimoto. Daichi Hashimoto, Shinya's son, produced the main event and fought in the main event, where he lost to New Japan's Yuji Nagata. (Hashimoto is with IGF.) Other highlights included Masahiro Chono and Keiji Mutoh discussing the formation of the "Three Musketeers" plus Satoshi Kojima using the Kesagiri Chop + DDT in tribute to Hashimoto.

In spirit of the anniversary, here are some good Hashimoto matches:

Hashimoto vs Riki Choshu, 1997 -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHpO7y11Xtc
Hashimoto & Nagata vs. Misawa & Akiyama -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97MIbYaSg9o
Shinya Hashimoto & Naoya Ogawa vs Keiji Mutoh & Toshiaki Kawada -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qq2-ztYmrjg

In other news, Keiji Mutoh announced the WRESTLE-1 GRAND PRIX 2015 beginning in August. There will be 19 WRESTLE-1 wrestlers participating as well as NOSAWA Rongai and MAZADA. You can bet dollars to donuts that the tournament will be used in an attempt to get over newly minted singles champion KAI.

Panama Red fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Jul 13, 2015

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Why the hell do NOSAWA and MAZADA get work *everywhere* (except New Japan)? I've heard they are good at making friends and connections, but maybe a complete lack of heat and good matches would eventually catch up with them? Ever?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Ditch posted:

Why the hell do NOSAWA and MAZADA get work *everywhere* (except New Japan)? I've heard they are good at making friends and connections, but maybe a complete lack of heat and good matches would eventually catch up with them? Ever?

wasn't it NOSAWA that got kicked out of All Japan for roughing up a new guy backstage?