Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mahasamatman
Nov 8, 2006

Flame on the trail headed for the powder keg
Does Marvel put everything into OSHC?

I'm interested in collecting Might Avengers and, later, Cap and the Mighty Avengers. It looks like they've got some stuff out in TPB right now, should I pull the trigger or wait for a better edition?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Mahasamatman posted:

Does Marvel put everything into OSHC?
No.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

This.

God drat it.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I saw a solicitation for a $24.99 Hawkeye vs Deadpool book coming out on June 17th according to my comic shopper app I have on Android (but I can't find references to it anywhere else). It refers to it as a Fabian N Red Signature Edition. Can anyone find a reference to this release cause I would much prefer a hardcover release than a trade? I just want to make sure what I want..you know actually exists.

I can take a screen cap if that helps.

Regarding Hickman Autism, my thought is I'm just going with the Avenger and New Avenger OSHC releases and I'll get Infinity too. The while Time runs out releases have been kind of annoying as I don't know if I should get them of just stick with the straight releases. I can live with Infinity overlap though...As long as I get them via CGN vs say amazon or god forbid at my LCS.

Shameless
Dec 22, 2004

We're all so ugly and stupid and doomed.

gfanikf posted:

I saw a solicitation for a $24.99 Hawkeye vs Deadpool book coming out on June 17th according to my comic shopper app I have on Android (but I can't find references to it anywhere else). It refers to it as a Fabian N Red Signature Edition. Can anyone find a reference to this release cause I would much prefer a hardcover release than a trade? I just want to make sure what I want..you know actually exists.

https://www.dynamicforces.com/htmlfiles/p-C122382.html

Is it this? Red, Fabian, etc.

Just a signed DF thingy. Not a collection or anything.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Shameless posted:

https://www.dynamicforces.com/htmlfiles/p-C122382.html

Is it this? Red, Fabian, etc.

Just a signed DF thingy. Not a collection or anything.

Yep, that matches the name description and appears to be it to a t. Now I can just get the trade floppy since I know there isn't a OSHC or HC in the pipeline.

Thanks!

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh is Time Runs Out OSHC or just HC?
I figure I can just complete NA and Avengers pretty cheap using them.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

At a glance Time Runs Out looks like a regular tpb but in hc, a loathsome practice. If history is any guide the oshc A/NA books up to secret wars will just be numbered, no subtitles.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zachack posted:

At a glance Time Runs Out looks like a regular tpb but in hc, a loathsome practice. If history is any guide the oshc A/NA books up to secret wars will just be numbered, no subtitles.

Yeah, the size difference is rather minimal but it's still a thing. Is the paper quality any different?

Shameless
Dec 22, 2004

Fucks Sake DC! Grell Green Arrow vol 1: covers before the issues. Vol 2: covers before the issues. Vol 3: covers all at the back. Bastards.

Also, not seen it mentioned but Dark Horse are doing Library Editions for The Goon. Which is nice.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Thanks Marvel, for not putting the last few issues of Mark Waid's Captain America in a hardcover so now my shelf will look funny.

And now that I've bought/ordered them all they will do an Omnibus just to spite me.

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

I yiffed two people at once and all I got was laughed at.
Now that they've put out all the Moore Miracleman floppies have they solicited an OSHC/Omni? I was in Barnes and Noble the other day and saw they had some oversized trades, but they had the same content as the Premiums which is highway robbery.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Shawn posted:

Now that they've put out all the Moore Miracleman floppies have they solicited an OSHC/Omni? I was in Barnes and Noble the other day and saw they had some oversized trades, but they had the same content as the Premiums which is highway robbery.

Nothing yet which is surprising. Also let me go on record with how annoyed I am that they renumbered the re-release back to #1 with the Gaiman run.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

Rhyno posted:

Nothing yet which is surprising. Also let me go on record with how annoyed I am that they renumbered the re-release back to #1 with the Gaiman run.

God drat it, Marvel, please stop doing this.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Hawkeye by Fraction Omnibus pushed back to Oct 21st. This is something like the 10th adjustment made to it's release.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Is the issue actually at least coming out?

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Any word on the fourth and final TPB?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The issue is complete. It was one of the Marvel First looks three weeks ago. According to the last time it was on the FOC it should be on my next invoice. So I'll know on Wednesday I guess.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Finally got around to getting another billy shelf so I could clean up. I've had a pile of hardcovers piled up on top of boxes for forever, so they can get put away now! Also I will now have empty shelf space so I guess that means I need to start getting hardcovers again to fill it up :buddy:

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Have there been any plans announced for future collections of ODY-C, or is it too early? I just read the first five issues digitally and would like to switch over to getting nice big hardcovers in the future if it's an option. Dunno if the series is going to get that treatment.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Gaz-L posted:

Is the issue actually at least coming out?

It's on my invoice for next wednesday!

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

It seems that the Captain America: Return of the Winter Solider omnibus skips a lot of Fear Itself. The omnibus starts off at issue 7.1? What am I missing here?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Uncanny X-Men Vol. 3 omnibus is coming. It's gonna have the Frank Miller Wolverine mini, it's gonna have "God Loves, Man Kills", it's gonna have the Magik miniseries, and UXM up as far as #175, with annuals #6-7 and a couple of other miscellaneous single issues.

That means the last extended section of Claremont's run which remains uncollected (outside the Essentials line) is going to be #176-198. At the end of this year, the Epic Collection "The Gift" is coming out, which will compile UXM #189-198, along with annual #8, the Nightcrawler mini and the X-Men and Alpha Flight two-issue series.

So, I think only two small parts of Claremont's run are still uncollected. The first will be the aforementioned UXM #176-188. 12 issues. That could be a TPB if they can think of a name for it, or it could be another Epic if they add in the little-known Wolverine and Kitty Pryde mini, maybe Marvel Team-Up #100, that sort of thing (I'm not sure how much else there is left in this period). The other is a handful of issues immediately before Mutant massacre (i.e. directly after the "Ghosts" TPB).

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

obi_ant posted:

It seems that the Captain America: Return of the Winter Solider omnibus skips a lot of Fear Itself. The omnibus starts off at issue 7.1? What am I missing here?
If it's skipping Fear Itself, then you're not missing anything.

Wheat Loaf posted:

Uncanny X-Men Vol. 3 omnibus is coming. It's gonna have the Frank Miller Wolverine mini, it's gonna have "God Loves, Man Kills", it's gonna have the Magik miniseries, and UXM up as far as #175, with annuals #6-7 and a couple of other miscellaneous single issues.
Oh hell yes. That is one pretty amazing collection.

e: It's going to be huge as well, #154-175 is 20-odd issues, plus #175 was double-sized. Plus you have 2 annuals, 2 4-issue minis, a graphic novel, and another one-shot. It's supposedly 968 pages.

Wheat Loaf posted:

So, I think only two small parts of Claremont's run are still uncollected. The first will be the aforementioned UXM #176-188. 12 issues. That could be a TPB if they can think of a name for it, or it could be another Epic if they add in the little-known Wolverine and Kitty Pryde mini, maybe Marvel Team-Up #100, that sort of thing (I'm not sure how much else there is left in this period). The other is a handful of issues immediately before Mutant massacre (i.e. directly after the "Ghosts" TPB).
The "Ghosts" tpb collects up to #209, and includes Annual 10. The Mutant Massacre collections start with #210. Hopefully this is a sign that they're going to continue with the Claremont omnis though. It's great that they're pulling in not only stuff like the Claremont/Miller Wolverine mini, but also the Magik mini, which was pretty important to what was happening in the book at the time. I would think that there will eventually be a 4th omnibus and it'll include Kitty Pryde and Wolverine.

irlZaphod fucked around with this message at 09:36 on Jul 15, 2015

Mahasamatman
Nov 8, 2006

Flame on the trail headed for the powder keg
How is Inferno Prologue? I've kinda wanted to pick that up, but I've only read the first two Claremont omnibuses.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Mahasamatman posted:

How is Inferno Prologue? I've kinda wanted to pick that up, but I've only read the first two Claremont omnibuses.
It's pretty much awesome but if you haven't read Fall of the Mutants then read that first because the X-Men stuff basically continues directly from that.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

obi_ant posted:

Bucky seems to have died. In issue 7.1 which came out a two months after his "death" revealed it was fake. The original plan was for the "death" to happen in the Gulag.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Hello spoils of Diamond clearance sale.

That pile ran me $56 after tax.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Rhyno posted:

Hello spoils of Diamond clearance sale.

That pile ran me $56 after tax.

How... Does... One... Get... This...

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

obi_ant posted:

How... Does... One... Get... This...

Work in a comic shop with awesome owners who let me order the clearance books at cost for myself.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Rhyno posted:

Work in a comic shop with awesome owners who let me order the clearance books at cost for myself.

Oh.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

irlZaphod posted:

The "Ghosts" tpb collects up to #209, and includes Annual 10. The Mutant Massacre collections start with #210. Hopefully this is a sign that they're going to continue with the Claremont omnis though. It's great that they're pulling in not only stuff like the Claremont/Miller Wolverine mini, but also the Magik mini, which was pretty important to what was happening in the book at the time. I would think that there will eventually be a 4th omnibus and it'll include Kitty Pryde and Wolverine.

Aye, my mistake - the issues I was thinking of were between Mutant Massacre and FOTM, where the big event was Havok joining the team.

Marvel's never done a fourth omnibus (Tomb of Dracula had three, and Lee/Kirby FF is only getting a third one this year) but I think if there's a fourth Fantastic Four one, there could be a fourth X-Men one. I reckon it'd have everything between #175 and Mutant Massacre, because then all of Claremont would be in hardcover (well, all except those five issues pre-FOTM).

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Wheat Loaf posted:

Aye, my mistake - the issues I was thinking of were between Mutant Massacre and FOTM, where the big event was Havok joining the team.

Marvel's never done a fourth omnibus (Tomb of Dracula had three, and Lee/Kirby FF is only getting a third one this year) but I think if there's a fourth Fantastic Four one, there could be a fourth X-Men one. I reckon it'd have everything between #175 and Mutant Massacre, because then all of Claremont would be in hardcover (well, all except those five issues pre-FOTM).

Third FF Omni will conclude the Lee/Kirby run and seeing as it took a decade to release them I doubt it will happen any time soon.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I thought there would still be enough Lee/Kirby left for a skinnier fourth omnibus, but I suppose Lee stayed on for a while after Kirby left, which may be confusing my estimations.

I think the introduction of the Epic Collection format (which I like a lot; I'm hoping I'll be able to get a more complete set of DH Star Wars that way than I could when I had all their trades) means that a fourth omnibus for Claremont X-Men is a lot less likely - I imagine the Epics are a good bit cheaper for everyone concerned. Probably likely to be steadier sellers too.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Hey Rhyno and others, Amazon is still showing the Hawkeye Vol. 4 TPB as due out August 11th, and comic shops usually get books two weeks earlier. Now that the final issue is out (as of today), have you heard anything about the final TPB showing up soon? Or can we expect more delays?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Hey Rhyno and others, Amazon is still showing the Hawkeye Vol. 4 TPB as due out August 11th, and comic shops usually get books two weeks earlier. Now that the final issue is out (as of today), have you heard anything about the final TPB showing up soon? Or can we expect more delays?

Estimated ship date 7-29-15.

Shameless
Dec 22, 2004

Wheat Loaf posted:

Marvel's never done a fourth omnibus....

Brubaker's Captain America run has had five omnibuses. Unless you're just talking about classic stuff

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Oh, yeah, I forgot about Brubaker Cap. That said, they aren't numbered, so it isn't an exact comparison.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Hawkeye Vol.4 is indeed on the invoice for wednesday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Hawkeye Vol.4 is indeed on the invoice for wednesday.

Thanks! Normally I'd wait for a sale, but I've been waiting too long for this book, and I have a $10 store credit that I've been saving for it.