Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

I'm completely out of the loop. What are these dosh medallions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!
Like the gnomes that were hidden in levels in the first KF, there are medallions in the maps that you need to find and shoot. Some of them are really tricky to locate.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
None of them are as assholish as the KF 1 ones, but they're mainly for achievement whoring. I'll be down to hunt them with you as I still need a couple maps.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Someone finally went and did the thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBAcuIJfL4s

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

It's a super obvious thing to do and I'm expecting there to be an official tie-in any time soon, especially since Overkill are working on a co-op zombie game. :v:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Needs more Chains and Clover :colbert:

CitrusFrog posted:

Give me a giant gently caress-off sized Frankensteined Mateba revolver for my gunslinger, and a Godwin-pattern Bolter knockoff for my support guy.

Yes.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
This is not enough of a thing. Where are the voicelines? :colbert:

It's a good start though, and I am waiting for the inevitable Tripwire/Overkill collaboration, affecting either game. But I guess any colabs will have to wait untill KF2 is a bit more polished.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Gromit posted:

Like the gnomes that were hidden in levels in the first KF, there are medallions in the maps that you need to find and shoot. Some of them are really tricky to locate.

I found one by pure luck since it was sitting close to an ammo box, are their locations random or always the same?

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!

The transition from Payday 2 to KF2 in this video was really cool.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Away all Goats posted:

I found one by pure luck since it was sitting close to an ammo box, are their locations random or always the same?

Always the same, so find a guide online somewhere. Some of them are downright evil.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Gromit posted:

Wait… there were hidden gnomes in KF1? I never knew! :stare:

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791434017605#announcements/detail/228903186720020119

Some talk about melee improvements, like a new attack.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

gonna be good

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Hat+shades is the best change, everything else is nice but thoroughly secondary. :v:

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

quote:

We’ve also flagged some zed attacks to be non parryable (but to help, these attacks now have a tell so keep an eye out!).

Alright guys, don't forget: if it glows red, parry; if it glows yellow, dodge!

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Well I hope some defense improvements are coming along in that perk tree.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

Alteisen posted:

Well I hope some defense improvements are coming along in that perk tree.

Ditto. Took a break because I loved zerk melee but getting eaten alive in anything over Hard was unbearable. Glad to see they haven't lost their touch in keeping up with development, though.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

cliffdiver posted:

Ditto. Took a break because I loved zerk melee but getting eaten alive in anything over Hard was unbearable. Glad to see they haven't lost their touch in keeping up with development, though.

Zerks are viable on suicidal, and probably on HoE if you play conservatively.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

LuciferMorningstar posted:

Zerks are viable on suicidal, and probably on HoE if you play conservatively.

You still get torn to shreds, hell one bloat is enough to kill if you're not careful, the only way zerk is viable in Sui and HOE right now is if you have a pocket medic and the rest of your team is keeping small stuff off you when you're dealing with the big poo poo.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Alteisen posted:

the only way zerk is viable in Sui and HOE right now is if you have a pocket medic and the rest of your team is keeping small stuff off you when you're dealing with the big poo poo.

I've played with a zerk on suicidal - regularly - who disproves this. He's allergic to medics or something. Maybe it's a psychological problem? It's probably in the DSM-V somewhere.

I mean of course a commando is going to be going after the small stuff and a support will try to wipe out entire rooms full of crawlers, both of which will help a berserker but all you're really saying is "if your teammates are bad, you will die" ... and uh, that's true of every class. That's true of KF2 in general. If your teammates aren't contributing, you're dead! Doesn't matter if you're a support, commando, zerker, or whatever. Yes, zerkers are more vulnerable to it than most classes (right now) but it's not a literal "cannot even contribute unless you have a pocket medic" situation, not at all. It's a "needs a perk rebalance" situation, and uh, TWI is doing one. So! :v:

Personally I can't wait for the change. I'm bad at zerker and I want to give it another try, but I'll wait for the perk changes.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Alteisen posted:

You still get torn to shreds, hell one bloat is enough to kill if you're not careful, the only way zerk is viable in Sui and HOE right now is if you have a pocket medic and the rest of your team is keeping small stuff off you when you're dealing with the big poo poo.

One Bloat is enough to kill you if you get careless, but that's basically true for anything. However, Zerk is perfectly viable in Suicidal, even without a pocket medic. Ask my medics, from whom I generally separate myself, to their frustration. Both the Pulverizer and the Eviscerator are totally usable.

Fake edit: Yeah, I play with Psion. I'm the one with the psychological disorder. Top reasons for my death include: Standing in front of Husks while they bathe me in flame, deliberately welding myself away from medics, and standing in Hans' gas grenades. If you focus and know what you're capable of, Zerking is 100% viable.

Real edit: Zerks are also pretty resource-efficient and have the potential to contribute substantial sums of money to teammates at marginal costs to their own performance.

LuciferMorningstar fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Jun 13, 2015

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008

Psion posted:

I've played with a zerk on suicidal - regularly - who disproves this. He's allergic to medics or something. Maybe it's a psychological problem? It's probably in the DSM-V somewhere.

A good Zerker can do well on most difficulties; a great one can do well on any difficulty and yes with any class your team can be your worst enemy or best friend.

But I think it's pretty telling that lately I see very few Berserkers playing. It's not uncommon to have 3 Commandos or 3 Supports or even 3 Medics on a single team but I rarely even see 1 Berserker these days.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

LuciferMorningstar posted:

One Bloat is enough to kill you if you get careless, but that's basically true for anything. However, Zerk is perfectly viable in Suicidal, even without a pocket medic. Ask my medics, from whom I generally separate myself, to their frustration. Both the Pulverizer and the Eviscerator are totally usable.

Fake edit: Yeah, I play with Psion. I'm the one with the psychological disorder. Top reasons for my death include: Standing in front of Husks while they bathe me in flame, deliberately welding myself away from medics, and standing in Hans' gas grenades. If you focus and know what you're capable of, Zerking is 100% viable.

Real edit: Zerks are also pretty resource-efficient and have the potential to contribute substantial sums of money to teammates at marginal costs to their own performance.

So you purposely separate yourself from your team, get incredibly lucky and somehow you confused this with skill.

Also what are those images supposed to prove exactly, that you're the top killer in a cooperative game? Well umm, good job?

You'll excuse me if I take your "advice" with a gigantic grain of salt.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

Alteisen posted:

So you purposely separate yourself from your team, get incredibly lucky and somehow you confused this with skill.

Also what are those images supposed to prove exactly, that you're the top killer in a cooperative game? Well umm, good job?

You're being deliberately obtuse. When I deliberately separate myself, I, by my own admission, sometimes die. Sometimes I do other stupid things that result in dying. However, all of those instances illustrate that I, as a Zerk, die when I am doing something dumb because loving around can be amusing. The images illustrate that when a Zerk doesn't gently caress off to die by himself in a corner, he can basically hold a spot indefinitely if he doesn't overextend and if a medic occasionally turns and puts some darts in him. By doing this, the Zerk can take a substantial amount of pressure off the team if it ever becomes necessary for the rest of the group to focus on doing something else, like focusing down a Scrake or Pound. Alternatively, the Zerk can kite the Scrake or Pound indefinitely while the rest of the team clears trash or whatever. Either way, a Zerk is very flexible.

At this point, I've spelled out exactly how Berserker is viable, demonstrated that the class can compete with the other "superior" trash-clearing classes, and generally dies because the player makes a mistake, and not because there is something inherently wrong with the class. At least one other person is supporting what I'm saying. As far as I'm concerned, I've adequately refuted your claim that Zerkers get torn to shreds on higher difficulties and absolutely have to have a pocket medic.

Yeah, I suppose the class could use a few buffs here and there to make it as accessible as the other classes, but... It's not particularly lacking in viability.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Alteisen posted:

the initial post from you was that it requires a pocket medic; this is untrue. At this point I think you're just goalpost shifting to avoid having to admit you were wrong.

Abandoned Toaster posted:

A good Zerker can do well on most difficulties; a great one can do well on any difficulty and yes with any class your team can be your worst enemy or best friend.

But I think it's pretty telling that lately I see very few Berserkers playing. It's not uncommon to have 3 Commandos or 3 Supports or even 3 Medics on a single team but I rarely even see 1 Berserker these days.

in short, this, I agree. a great one can do really well, but overall the class is still weak compared to the rest. Totally reasonable opinion!

Psion fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Jun 13, 2015

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
A big help to zerks is if they just removed running slower when they're damaged. That gets me every time as a zerk. I've tried the talent that helps this but it didn't seem to help a whole lot.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

I was wondering when a fellow gun nerd would spot that :hf:

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
God drat. If I didn't really dislike using the Medic weapons as primary weapons (Not that they are "bad", just that the Commando/Support weapons are so much more satisfying), I'd probably play medic more. When the gently caress did I become a level 8 medic?

Lost track of how many times on that last match (only Hard :shobon:) I was dragging people kicking and screaming from death's door with manual needles.

"Oh hey where is everyone? Oh, everybody but me and this Zerker are dead. We are in the subway. There is a scrake coming down the stairs, and a fleshpound behind us, and 70+ more zeds on wave 7 counter." Thank god pounds are slow navigating turnstyles as we fled the subway. I don't think either of us went above 60 health that whole time. Hans himself went off without a hitch though. I felt real bad for the guy who joined on wave 7. two seconds before trader ended, and then apparently got sandwiched between big boy spawns trying to reach us.

I'm still loving terrible at suicidal though, so hard to feel good about not sleepwalking through Hard like you can sleepwalk through Normal :downs:

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
I really like the medic weapons. I never use the shotgun though. I go smg then rifle. So many darts and you can take down everything fast as hell with headshots save for scrakes and fp

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Ramsus posted:

I really like the medic weapons. I never use the shotgun though. I go smg then rifle. So many darts and you can take down everything fast as hell with headshots save for scrakes and fp

Well yeah, they are not bad, just not as strong. But even then, I doubt I have what it takes to be a real pro medic. I mean, look at this guy who kept at it after the rest of us had a bad run in with a corner, a scrake, and a fleshpound.

I'll bet he can solo HoE and everything! The guy who was below still fighting bought it against the double scrakes, but not this ace.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 10:01 on Jun 16, 2015

emTme3
Nov 7, 2012

by Hand Knit

emTme3 fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Mar 31, 2022

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

YESSSSSSSSSSS FINALLY and there's an RPG too

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
Also, Rising Storm Vietnam!

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
Awesome. I was expecting them to hold off Demo until later for some reason. I can't wait to get my efficient crowd-control and FP-gibbing on as Demo.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

splifyphus posted:

So according to the E3 show we're getting

-2 more maps
-demo
-firebug
-more gore

presumably in addition the revamped zerker.

Also I'm not sure if we already knew this but they're not going to reset stats from now on.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

CitrusFrog posted:

I was wondering when a fellow gun nerd would spot that :hf:

I like Matebas and I like Bolters, gimme both

Also hot dog that trench gun looks loving fresh :eyepop:

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Mr E posted:

Also I'm not sure if we already knew this but they're not going to reset stats from now on.

Thank god. Having a stat reset looming over put me off from playing. Didn't want the levels I put hours into suddenly being reset.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Mr E posted:

This motivates me to play more like no other announcement has to this point.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Kikas posted:

This motivates me to play more like no other announcement has to this point.

Yeah same here, I haven't been playing because of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

why no release date though :(