Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Probably Magic posted:

Slade was cool, at least.

Goodbye and not welcome Bizzaro World Visitor me am not hope you have horrible time on our world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

SirDan3k posted:

Goodbye and not welcome Bizzaro World Visitor me am not hope you have horrible time on our world.

I would take over twenty comics of Venom going, "I'M GOING TO GET YOU PARKERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR," over reading any issue with Bizarro in it.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Probably Magic posted:

I would take over twenty comics of Venom going, "I'M GOING TO GET YOU PARKERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR," over reading any issue with Bizarro in it.

Not even What ever happened to the man of tomorrow? He has been in some good issues.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

bobkatt013 posted:

Not even What ever happened to the man of tomorrow? He has been in some good issues.

Allow me my hyperbole. :colbert:

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Bizarro owns and is probably the most entertaining and creative villain in Supes' entire rogues gallery :colbert:

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Like I'll grant that "the hero, but opposite!" is a sorta uncreative idea but the way that concept plays out with Bizarro is crazy and hilarious as gently caress

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
Bizarro is a cute idea but it's hard to figure out the right level of "opposite". I remember Loeb's Superman/Batman being particularly egregious with "Not-Me No-Am Not-Not A Uncowardly and Not Unsuperstitious Anti-Lot, Not-You-Me Unshall no unbecome Not A Bat Not No"

"Don't not unlook! Down not in the unsky! It no is not a landbird! Not unairunplane! It not am not am actually unnot UnSuperNotMan!"

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Edge & Christian posted:

Bizarro is a cute idea but it's hard to figure out the right level of "opposite". I remember Loeb's Superman/Batman being particularly egregious with "Not-Me No-Am Not-Not A Uncowardly and Not Unsuperstitious Anti-Lot, Not-You-Me Unshall no unbecome Not A Bat Not No"

"Don't not unlook! Down not in the unsky! It no is not a landbird! Not unairunplane! It not am not am actually unnot UnSuperNotMan!"

Castomira
Feb 24, 2011

Fuck you Eva Marie, if you have to be right there next to all of my posts you don't even get to have red hair. You're a dryad now.
:froggonk:
Wait, did I miss that they quietly decided to end Spider-Gwen? Like Spider-Verse is the definitive continuation of the character?

That's incredibly disappointing. Spider-Verse has been okay so far but it hasn't nearly been as interesting as Gwen's own title.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
It looks like they're ending Spider-Gwen's own book while Secret Wars happens and then it will probably relaunch when all books get a new #1 after Secret Wars.

Castomira
Feb 24, 2011

Fuck you Eva Marie, if you have to be right there next to all of my posts you don't even get to have red hair. You're a dryad now.
Makes sense. That probably applies to the interrupted Angela plotline, too.

As long as they don't break up The Mary-Janes, I'll keep a positive attitude.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

These are the best comics.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Castomira posted:

Makes sense. That probably applies to the interrupted Angela plotline, too.

As long as they don't break up The Mary-Janes, I'll keep a positive attitude.

Angela is being replaced by 1602 Witch Hunter. Spider-gwen is in Spider-verse.

Castomira
Feb 24, 2011

As I mentioned above, I read Spider-Verse, and I know about Angela. I was referring to the pausing of the "Sera is tortured in the underworld" plot in Asgard's Assassin, because I certainly don't expect that to get resolved in 1602.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I would just assume that after Secret Wars most books will be getting relaunched, and either pick up somewhat close to where they left off, or start new jumping on point plot lines. Whether anything not originally taking place in the 616 gets the former is the part I'm curious about. Depends on if they're actually going through with the death of the multiverse thing and putting everything onto one earth, or if that's just marketing.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

TheJoker138 posted:

I would just assume that after Secret Wars most books will be getting relaunched, and either pick up somewhat close to where they left off, or start new jumping on point plot lines. Whether anything not originally taking place in the 616 gets the former is the part I'm curious about. Depends on if they're actually going through with the death of the multiverse thing and putting everything onto one earth, or if that's just marketing.

Technically, the entire multiverse has died, so if they brought it back now they weren't actually lying (Steve Rodgers and a bunch of other people died who were still around before Secret Wars had died and came back). I would say part of the reason for this was to not eliminate alternate universe poo poo, but try and defocus it, but I thought half the point of Age of Ultron was to cut down on time travel shenanigans, but then it seemed like everyone was doubling down on the time travel poo poo after that, including Hickman.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Skwirl posted:

Technically, the entire multiverse has died, so if they brought it back now they weren't actually lying (Steve Rodgers and a bunch of other people died who were still around before Secret Wars had died and came back). I would say part of the reason for this was to not eliminate alternate universe poo poo, but try and defocus it, but I thought half the point of Age of Ultron was to cut down on time travel shenanigans, but then it seemed like everyone was doubling down on the time travel poo poo after that, including Hickman.

Nobody cared about AoU, not even Marvel editorial.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Nobody cared about AoU, not even Marvel editorial.

I'll admit I didn't read it, but I thought the take away of "Stop loving time travelling, it messes poo poo up" was nice.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

That's one of Bendis' only 3 tricks in his bag. Stop doing (cool thing we expect from comics) it's BREAKING THINGS. He did it with Wanda, he did it with Beyonder's reality manipulation, and he did it with time travel. I'm sure there's other instances, too. It's kinda lame, to be honest. He reduces things that are supposed to be unshakeable acts of power into "twisting things in a wrong way, omg they have to stop!"

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I know secret wars is pretty cool and all, but goddamn it if I just want my spider-gwen :argh:

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

New Miles in the 616 series after secret war called "Spider-Man" with Bendis/Pichelli.

quote:

Comic book geeks’ spider senses are tingling.

After battling evil-doers in an alternate comic book line, a popular biracial version of Spider-Man is getting a promotion to the official Marvel Comics universe.

The first issue of the relaunched “Spider-Man” hits comic stores, tablets and smartphones this fall with more fanfare than a typical new series, because the hero under the mask is Miles Morales, the teen son of an African-American father and Puerto Rican mother.

“Many kids of color who when they were playing superheroes with their friends, their friends wouldn’t let them be Batman or Superman because they don’t look like those heroes but they could be Spider-Man because anyone could be under that mask,” says writer and co-creator Brian Bendis. “But now it’s true. It’s meant a great deal to a great many people.”

The character has been around since 2011, replacing the murdered Peter Parker in Marvel’s offshoot “Ultimate” line and gained a sizeable following, but the “real” Spider-Man has kept patrolling the company’s main titles.

When news broke that Marvel and Sony were rebooting the cinematic Spider-Man, social media erupted in pleas to have Miles Morales instead of Peter Parker as the friendly neighborhood hero.

It won’t happen on the big screen anytime soon, but the clamoring didn’t go unheeded. When the publisher opted to fold its Ultimate line this summer in their event series “Secret Wars,” Morales landed a permanent home — alongside a mentor in the grownup, genuine Peter Parker.

The Miles Morales Spider-Man has been around since 2011, replacing the murdered Peter Parker in Marvel's 'Ultimate' line.

“Our message has to be it’s not Spider-Man with an asterisk, it’s the real Spider-Man for kids of color, for adults of color and everybody else,” says Bendis of the series which is drawn by artist Sarah Pichelli.

The move is part of a recent push across the industry to add a little more color of a different variety to the splash pages of superhero books to appeal to a much more diverse readership.

Marvel has already surprised fans by introducing a female Thor and having an African-American hero, The Falcon, taking over the mantle as Captain America. And one of the publisher’s breakout hits in the last two years has been Ms. Marvel, a Muslim teen girl.

The enormity of Miles Morales' place in comic book history didn’t really hit Bendis, a father who has two kids of color among his four children, until recently. His 4-year-old adopted African-American daughter found a Miles Morales Spidey mask in the toy aisle of a department store, put it on and said, “Look daddy, I’m Spider-Man!” he recalls.

“I started crying in the middle of the aisle,” says Bendis. “I realized my kids are going to grow up in a world that has a multi-racial Spider-Man, and an African American Captain America and a female Thor.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/marvel-inclusion-biracial-spider-man-article-1.2265591

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
That's pretty neat, though I'm extremely worried about which of Miles' supporting characters will also make the jump. Slightly willing to give Bendis a chance here since he won't be able to use Ultimate Peter's stuff like he did in the past few years, I hope.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

Yeah, I'm guessing Ultimate May, MJ and Gwen can't be carried over smoothly. Maybe Ganke and his dad.

In terms of villains Miles never really built up his own rogues gallery. There was his uncle who died, the Scorpion gangster guy, Ult. Taskmaster. The rest were mostly Peter's villains. I wonder if they're just going to have him fight 616 Peter's villains or actually try to build his own stable.

I guess that would depend if they're pushing him as the main Spider-Man of the universe. I can only assume we'll get a relaunched Amazing Spider-Man with Slott still writing because he won't let go of that book for anything. I think he's survived what, 2 or 3 relaunches at this point?

Dacap fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Jun 21, 2015

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe
A recurring theme in Bendis' interviews is mentioning that he cried at something, it's weird. He is to crying what Geoff Johns is to cereal.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
Miles Morales as sole survivor of the Ultimate Universe, it made Bendis cry.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I could see that. Bendis dies a little inside when any version of Kitty Pryde dies.

fan of the browns
Apr 6, 2012

my enemy...
the enemy of every human who has ever lived...
this is the life-force that watches over the Dinosaurs.
So how do they work Peter in? God, I hope this isn't going to be some Spider-Corps thing but it's totally going to be a Spider-Corps thing.

Or they'll just kill Peter.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

MonsterWalk posted:

So how do they work Peter in? God, I hope this isn't going to be some Spider-Corps thing but it's totally going to be a Spider-Corps thing.

Right in the background is "Parker Industries" so he'll probably go full-time into that career and help make tech for the rest of the Spiders. Hopefully Peter Parker can finally grow up.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

MonsterWalk posted:

Nah, he'll get married and instantly get grey hair and wrinkles because we all know that gold bands on your ring finger make you a grandpa. He'll hang out with Steve Rogers and Logan and play pinochle while they complain about the kids and their music these days.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Gaz-L posted:

Nah, he'll get married and instantly get grey hair and wrinkles because we all know that gold bands on your ring finger make you a grandpa. He'll hang out with Steve Rogers and Logan and play pinochle while they complain about the kids and their music these days.

That sounds awesome, though. Grumpy Old Heroes.

fan of the browns
Apr 6, 2012

my enemy...
the enemy of every human who has ever lived...
this is the life-force that watches over the Dinosaurs.

Flameingblack posted:

Right in the background is "Parker Industries" so he'll probably go full-time into that career and help make tech for the rest of the Spiders. Hopefully Peter Parker can finally grow up.

God, I hope not.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Gaz-L posted:

Every now and then Kaine comes in, looking as young as ever, and Peter goes on about how much fun Kaine must be having with the single life and being a clone that ages slowly, Kaine just goes "Everyone i've loved has died because of me. ...Is the new suit ready? oh and can Aracely stay with you this weekend? gotta murder some dudes"

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Flameingblack posted:

Didn't Slott's story right before Secret Wars put Parker Industries in some type of huge scandal?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Gaz-L posted:

I would read this book. Actually, Peter Parker isn't that much younger than Steve Rogers, ignoring the time Rogers was frozen in ice.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Grumpy Old Avengers would be such a good book.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Parker, married with a kid, Old Steve Rogers, (though again, even without his super soldier serum he still shouldn't be much older than Bucky) and Old Man Logan in a team-up would be an amazing Bendis book.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Toss in Old Thor from Aaron's run and you've got a hit.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

notthegoatseguy posted:

Didn't Slott's story right before Secret Wars put Parker Industries in some type of huge scandal?

I don't know, but it probably doesn't matter as the entire universe was destroyed and I'm guessing whatever the new status quo is going to be will be very much picking and choosing what comes over.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
If slott is still running the ship for Peter then everything he did will carry over.

There is no loving way Dan would be able to let go of his own poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I really really hope another writer gets a chance with the character. Hasn't Scott said he wants to have the record for most issues written?

• Locked thread