Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

kidRiot posted:

I'd like to resurrect a FNO style show every Friday showcasing outfits, various discussions etc.

For now it would have to be every Friday at a reasonably early time in the evening, but starting July I can set it up for prime time US.

It would be featured on the Planetside 2 Twitch. there's a lot of changes, players coming & going, outfits changing with the redeploy. It would be interesting to see how outfits fare and with the PS2 releasing on the PS4 I'd also be able to get PS4 outfits on. (I don't have a PS4)

What do you guys think?

Also, anyone here decent with graphics? I'd need help setting up some templates that I can adjust depending on guests and outfits.

Do it because no one at DBG gives a slightest poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

kidRiot posted:

I'd like to resurrect a FNO style show every Friday showcasing outfits, various discussions etc.

For now it would have to be every Friday at a reasonably early time in the evening, but starting July I can set it up for prime time US.

It would be featured on the Planetside 2 Twitch. there's a lot of changes, players coming & going, outfits changing with the redeploy. It would be interesting to see how outfits fare and with the PS2 releasing on the PS4 I'd also be able to get PS4 outfits on. (I don't have a PS4)

What do you guys think?

Also, anyone here decent with graphics? I'd need help setting up some templates that I can adjust depending on guests and outfits.

Hell yes.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

quote:

"Ejection bug: Enter vehicle from above, drive to higher elevation, exit to your death..."

This'd explain why it happened to Lightnings and Harassers so much more than Sunderers or MBT's then.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Fans posted:

This'd explain why it happened to Lightnings and Harassers so much more than Sunderers or MBT's then.

I don't even know how the hell you do this--you'd think with all of these insane bugs they would be able to code absolutely crazy unique poo poo into the game.

A RICH WHITE MAN
Jul 30, 2010

See them other chickenheads? They don't never leave the coop.
goons of icarus status: own town, except we're really bad and get our asses kicked by pubbies. get the game if you haven't already!! anyone wanna play this weekend? either tonight or tomorrow is good for me

edit: i meant to post this in the PGS thread but i also don't care come play m'lord

A RICH WHITE MAN fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Jun 12, 2015

AuxiliaryPatroller
Jul 23, 2007
Edit: wrong thread.

Gaghskull
Dec 25, 2010

Bearforce1

Boys! Boys! Boys!

A RICH WHITE MAN posted:

goons of icarus status: own town, except we're really bad and get our asses kicked by pubbies. get the game if you haven't already!! anyone wanna play this weekend? either tonight or tomorrow is good for me

Having played both Guns of Icarus and Air Buccaneers, I prefer playing as some sort of weird air viking pirate and shouting LOAD CANNONBALL.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

What are the odds of getting killed by a random frag nade thrown into the air because i swear 1/3rd of my deaths are from them. About 30 minutes of play time 12 deaths, 2 from frag grenades just exploding on me with no warning. One i was literally on a roof as an LA then a nade comes from the loving spawn and airbursts right on my chest.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
And that is why you will never be able to "cook" grenades.

also driving a harasser is still super fun and I can't wait to get all the guns and cert them out mmmm

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010
I got my Reaver auraxium lumifiber last night. Truly a shitter.

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

honda whisperer posted:

A friend of mine manages a Gamestop. He called me today to tell me of a conversation he had earlier.

Customer: Hi I'm looking for a station cash card.
Friend: We have those over here, what game do you play?
Customer: I've been playing planetside 2.
Friend: Oh yea? A buddy of mine plays in GOKU.
Customer: DON'T loving TALK TO ME ABOUT GOKU! *walks out of store w/o SC*

Cross quoting this because it deserves to be.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007
My video games :qq: :qq:

quote:

I've been leading The Enclave since 1998. From our humble beginnings as a small Rainbow Six clan of 10 or so people to our massive Army of thousands in PlanetSide 2. I've seen members come and go, I've seen the good and the bad and been here for every up and down. I've done my very best to keep The Enclave going and make sure that whatever game we "main" is fun, worth our time and one we leave a legacy in.

Since our departure from PlanetSide 2 we've dabbled in a few games and planned to go hard in others. Games that have come and gone were Wildstar, Elder Scrolls: Online and Warlords of Dreanor. We got lucky by avoiding the first two but the third was an unforeseen failure that has left us once again looking for something else. Do I regret my time in WoW? No, no not at all. My time in WoW has given me great memories and friends that I will always hold dear to my heart. Unfortunately that game is gone now and it was an amazing ten years but I will always have those things it has given me and for that I am grateful. I'll look back on it and smile for what it once was but I now know it's time to move on.

I don't have that same fondness of PlanetSide 2 and that may come to as a surprise to many of you. The truth is I always had a strong dislike for PlanetSide 2 but I loved what it allowed me to do with our community. It gave me the chance to organize and play with a lot of people of various skill levels. It did not matter if you were good or bad you always had a place in our platoon and could do your part to help. It's what the game allowed me to do that made it great for us not what the game was. While I am sad at the death of WoW I smile and cheer as I watch PS2 die a slow, painful death.

Anyway enough about those gams because here we are now. Two of our big games are no longer options and we're on the long road to the "new" Dark Age of Camelot. Will it be good? I hope so, but it's a long ways away. We've got to do something, right? I think so. We've decided to play Guild Wars 2 and here is where the question comes in...

..Why are you here? If you're not playing the main game with The Enclave why are you even still here? Don't take this as a "Play or get the gently caress out!" stance because it certainly isn't. I've never been that way and I never will be.

I think GW2 has had a negative stigma around here thanks to certain people whom I will not name and I personally refused to play it because of that. Boredom set in and I said to myself "gently caress it, let me try it!" and I did. And you know what? I really like it. It has a lot of what made PlanetSide 2 good for us and has a healthy mix of what made WoW fun for us. Is it as good as PS2 or WoW in it's prime? Hell no but really what is? Nothing. Nothing will ever be those two games but that doesn't mean we can't play something new and have a good time.

Today while we were playing we had (for the first time) more people NOT playing GW2 in TS3 with us than we had playing with us. We were forced to run around with the main "zerg" and hammer/anvil to be effective and that is not what I want The Enclave to be doing. The Enclave has always been the "main" force i any game we played and GW2 should be no different. This game is very close to what Camelot Unchained is aiming to be and is amazing practice for that game. By not playing not only are you missing out on skills that will help you with a new MMO coming out but you're also kind of hurting us too because GW2 is very much a numbers game.

I've never taken a stance of "play with us or get out" and I still refuse to take such a stance but I have to ask why are you even here? Why are you still using our TS3 and what are you waiting for? This community is far from dead and we're in a game now that is an absolute loving blast to play yet I don't see everybody getting on board for it.

Why? Why aren't you playing? That is my next question.

Why aren't you playing the game our community is focused on? Are you afraid to commit? Does something confuse you about the game? Are you afraid to invest a little over $40 to play a game with more content than most $60 games? What the gently caress is it? We're not hurting or dying in GW2, no not at all but we could be so much more if you'd come play with us and help us make The Enclave that much better. I've always told you guys that you make The Enclave what it is and when we're lacking in participation we're not what we could or should be.

So there you have it boys. Quit being loving retards and come play GW2 with us. Your lovely MOBA clones, DayZ clones, garbage WoT clones and lovely ship games can all wait because we're already in a game that supports our numbers, our play style and is not only what we want but what we need to help grow our community.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Is it still possible to turn smoke off with game settings?

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

How people can even stand being involved in the community of the enclave I'll never know.

"Why the gently caress are you NOT playing GW2 with everyone else?? Come have some god drat fun with your community THATS AN ORDER!!!"

Arghy posted:

Is it still possible to turn smoke off with game settings?

Remember when they said they made smoke the same a across all graphics settings? I've recently descovered that it still disperses quicker on low. :soe:

Ass_Burgerer fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Jun 14, 2015

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

quote:

a game that supports our numbers, our play style and is not only what we want but what we need

Guild Wars 2, a game where skill and coordination mean absolutely nothing whatsoever and everyone gets a gold star for standing in place mashing their 1 key. Yeah, that sounds like it fits the Enclave just fine.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

I reinstalled Fallout 3 just so I could keep shooting the Enclave.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Ass_Burgerer posted:

Remember when they said they made smoke the same a across all graphics settings? I've recently descovered that it still disperses quicker on low. :soe:

I've never understood the thing where making it so low settings conveys a significant advantage over people with higher settings. No vegetation, no smoke, poo poo like that. Leave that stuff in and make some oregon trail trees and bushes that you can't see through. Same with smoke. No textures, just a giant gray blob you can't see through.

Klowns
May 13, 2009

Laugh At Me Will They?

fknlo posted:

I've never understood the thing where making it so low settings conveys a significant advantage over people with higher settings. No vegetation, no smoke, poo poo like that.

Even after I built my new computer I kept vegetation off, it's amazing how many people you'll shoot that are crouching thinking they are hidden in a bush. Smoke I kept on because when you mess with that setting it also removes bullet trails which makes using an AV turret kind of hard.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Vargs posted:

Guild Wars 2, a game where skill and coordination mean absolutely nothing whatsoever and everyone gets a gold star for standing in place mashing their 1 key. Yeah, that sounds like it fits the Enclave just fine.

This is literally what World v World v World is, there is absolutely zero strategy to it. Get your entire zerg to an outpost and get full supplies, build a hundred catapults and shoot down the walls and rush the capture point while spamming your AOE attack. Other options is building a trebuchet somewhere where its a pain in the rear end to remove, plop a hundred arrow carts to defend it and just wait literal hours until the walls of a maxed out keep is destroyed. Defense is building a hundred arrow carts in the right spots to not be hit by enemy AOE and rain your AOE on the enemy.

It really is what killed GW2 for me, I was really into WvWvW in the early days before it became the zergfest, aoe spam, trebuchet cheese it is today. On top of the server where goons play having nearly no WvW presence.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Why PvP when you can PvDoor?

--The Guild Wars 2 PvP Team

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Everybody I talk to who is familiar with PS2 quit because of release-era HE or the extremely poor optimization. Some because of the hex crash exploit, and the rest because of ZOE.

Honestly it seems like anybody who makes it to the "quit due to burnout" phase is like the 0.01%

Can't wait for the next wave of "oh gently caress this poo poo" veteran player emigration once they walk back the LMG nerfs but leave the buffs

GentleJudge
Feb 28, 2011

fknlo posted:

I've never understood the thing where making it so low settings conveys a significant advantage over people with higher settings. No vegetation, no smoke, poo poo like that. Leave that stuff in and make some oregon trail trees and bushes that you can't see through. Same with smoke. No textures, just a giant gray blob you can't see through.

Remember the community backlash when they made low graphics play at medium graphics instead? Same poo poo will go down if they force certain visuals into low graphics.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

GentleJudge posted:

Remember the community backlash when they made low graphics play at medium graphics instead? Same poo poo will go down if they force certain visuals into low graphics.

I just want to see spergs rage when i smoke them is that so hard?

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

GentleJudge posted:

That legit made the game unplayable for people. Let them keep their 64bit graphics, just make it so there are legitimate drawbacks to running like that.

e: cap the FPS on low settings at 30. Can you imagine the freakout?

fknlo fucked around with this message at 13:35 on Jun 14, 2015

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Leal posted:

This is literally what World v World v World is, there is absolutely zero strategy to it. Get your entire zerg to an outpost and get full supplies, build a hundred catapults and shoot down the walls and rush the capture point while spamming your AOE attack. Other options is building a trebuchet somewhere where its a pain in the rear end to remove, plop a hundred arrow carts to defend it and just wait literal hours until the walls of a maxed out keep is destroyed. Defense is building a hundred arrow carts in the right spots to not be hit by enemy AOE and rain your AOE on the enemy.

It really is what killed GW2 for me, I was really into WvWvW in the early days before it became the zergfest, aoe spam, trebuchet cheese it is today. On top of the server where goons play having nearly no WvW presence.

Sounds a lot like DAoC, which (DAoC2) is The Enclave's 'Next Big Game' unsurprisingly

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
I like your :effort: reddit post on maxes Mustarde. I think they're similar to air in that if you completely removed them from the game it would be universally better for about 99.5% of the player base.

Can you ADS in dirty bomb? All of the videos I've seen are just hip firing.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
You can ADS yes, but unless it's really long range or a burst rifle it's a bad idea to do it.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

fknlo posted:

I like your :effort: reddit post on maxes Mustarde. I think they're similar to air in that if you completely removed them from the game it would be universally better for about 99.5% of the player base.

If you're going there for gunplay depth you're going to be disappointed. ADSing is what you do when you want to get headshot chained from across the map from a hipfired LMG

If you like moving like a greased up air hockey puck then it's for you, but not if you're hoping for a PS2-style combat experience.

But poo poo, it's free so give it a shot. Just never ADS

v v v Also Orbital Strikes v v v

Epic High Five fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Jun 14, 2015

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
It's just a completely different game. Oh and if you think explosive spam is bad in Planterside prepare yourself for classes entirely dedicated around doing it.

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010
Mivko, Segfault, others, and myself are doing ranked and pub matches daily in HONK TS. Everyone is perfectly welcome to come join us, just get TS info from someone if you don't already have it. We usually have someone playing these days.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Meh i don't play PS2 for the shooting aspect i play for the open world and huge numbers if i wanted a shooter i'd play CS:GO or tribes.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

fknlo posted:

Add HA to the list of poo poo to remove and now we're talking.

As annoying as MAXes are I run into about 10 HA per MAX.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Xae posted:

Add HA to the list of poo poo to remove and now we're talking.

As annoying as MAXes are I run into about 10 HA per MAX.

Remove heavy or nerf it, I want to play medic more.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Spanish Manlove posted:

Don't hold your breath.

The HA spergs will riot every time :soe: talks about making their class balanced. See the original exclusion of the .75 ADS LMGs from the .75 ADS LMG nerfs. The proposed overshield nerf in '14 and the current proposed and abandoned LMG changes.

The spergs will burn the game to the ground to defend the lovely stale infantry metagame that pads their KDR.

A CRAB IRL
May 6, 2009

If you're looking for me, you better check under the sea

So those recent PTS LMG changes are being abandoned are they

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Clamps McGraw posted:

Officially they are being reviewed.

Which is what happened to all other HA nerfs in the past.

They propose a change, HA Spergs all cry in unison, the change is pulled to be "reviewed" and never talked about again.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Clamps McGraw posted:

It's what we're all expecting to happen

Buffs kept in place, nerfs rolled back, every vet who doesn't main HA quits

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Spanish Manlove posted:

Take medkits away from everyone but Infiltrators and LA. Those classes are often going to be off to the side/on a roof/behind enemy lines by design. Take shotties and SMG's away from HA's. Some sort of shield nerf should be thrown in here too. Remove HA from the game. Bam.

JuancitoEfectivo
Sep 3, 2011
who cries more, the HAs or the ppl who want HAs nerfed? nerf crying lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

Epic High Five posted:

It's what we're all expecting to happen

Buffs kept in place, nerfs rolled back, every vet who doesn't main HA quits

I guess this means it's not a good time to try and get back into the game?

• Locked thread