Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

BombermanX posted:

We might have women in the fleet. I just assumed we were all gay.

Edit: space gay

How else do you explain all our non-sexy-woman-bikini characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.

MikeJF posted:

How else do you explain all our non-sexy-woman-bikini characters.

All of my characters are male. I have this thing for butts.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Violent Kitten posted:

Railrokh and I decided to do a random giveaway event yesterday on Risa.

Xean was around.

It snowballed from there, with plenty of others joining in with giving things away.

http://pastebin.com/z57XE3Tq

Highlights are Xean yapping on and on about giving a stack of lolwut favours to some random pubbie. LordCo gives the random pubbie a stack to repay loan shark Xean and an additional stack just because.

Pubbie might've been spacepoor, but he does his best to join in the event later by giving away tribbles.

Also:

[9:36] [Zone #8] Xean@xtern1ty: @Edwards, disapprove is more like it, I know a couple of undercover nice guys in Dental though, they feed me the insider info I need

[9:45] [Zone #8] Xean@xtern1ty: Marauder, what have you to say about that... you're forgetting who actually is generous, are you

[9:48] [Zone #8] Xean@xtern1ty: But let's be fair, I give that help for a reasonable price

And...

[9:54] [Zone #8] Xean@xtern1ty: I'm not the one posting my fleet every ten seconds, pff trolls are so predictable.

Says the biggest self-advertiser in STO.

[9:58] [Zone #8] Xean@xtern1ty: take their freebies guys, but remember they're trolls, don't make them let you feel like you owe them and must pay homage, because you don't have to.

Who often follows up his poor advice by strongly hinting they should pay homage by joining his channel/fleet.

:v:

It just goes on and on and on; good to see Xean never changes.

Violent Kitten
Dec 26, 2011

Dearmad bhean
an ti ag an gcat.
Cleaned up the pastebin a bit more. Was easier to just delete the old one and make a new one, since find/replace on my copy is better than going through that huge wall-o-text on pastebin.

New url is http://pastebin.com/PR9uNQB7, updated previous post with that too.

Edit:

system protocol posted:

I cherry picked my favorite Xeanism

[10:26] [Zone #8] Xean@xtern1ty: You know what Dental's problem is? They have 10k girls who all want to have Xean's baies and can't stop them from flashing their boobs at every X they see

How the gently caress did I miss this? Oh wait. Because the implications are so vile, my mind filtered it.

loving misogynist. Remember when I found his facebook with selfies of himself, forever alone? (which were removed after the goonfucker who posted his facebook pics in this thread didn't edit them back out quickly enough) He looks like the sort of person who'd slip rohypnol into a girl's drink and let's face it, with his high pitched whine and lisp, along with that abrasive narcissistic personality, it's the only way he'll ever get close to real boobs.

Violent Kitten fucked around with this message at 11:54 on Jun 12, 2015

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

BombermanX posted:

All of my characters are male. I have this thing for butts.

maximum butt

gold body paint armour aww yea

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 11:02 on Jun 12, 2015

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
another pastebin from today's risa fun, its everything that came up in the chat log on a search for 'xean'

http://pastebin.com/p2rYJSsJ

[7:09] [Zone #5] Okechukwu Chukwuemeka@patrickhasham: Ok, I gotta ask. Xean, why do you seem to be upset about these guys giving stuff away? It's great
[7:40] [Zone] Julie Martinez@femalemarine: Does Xtern1ty charge for its services? Is that why you dislike Dental Xean?

[7:44] [Zone #2] Xean@xtern1ty: I wonder how many days this is going to go on before someone forces them to use their own chan
[7:46] [Zone #2] Xean@xtern1ty: *someone* meaning devs in this case, because players have little say against trolls.

[7:47] [Zone #1] Daavik@azrael605: what I cant figure out is how in the seven hells Xean keeps getting off my ignore list
[8:05] [Zone #5] Okechukwu Chukwuemeka@patrickhasham: Jeez, Xean. You sound like a kid who found someone else playing in your sandbox

[8:21] [Zone #29] Tayana@taverse: The last time people were giving away free stuff, that Xean guy threw a right proper fit...
[8:21] [Zone #38] HumanSmithy@humansmithy: i dont listen to xean, seen him talk so much bollox here at risa for days now

[8:25] [Zone #2] Xean@xtern1ty: @Kepler, attention seekers. Don't fee the trolls, ignore them. You can expect this every day as long this event continues unless devs intervene.

[8:27] [Zone #29] Tayana@taverse: I'm still waiting for devs to intervene and put an end to Xean's self styled persona of a white knight - one that hides a black heart. He once told someone to kill themselves... that's the real Xean.

[8:38] [Zone #2] Xean@xtern1ty: @Es'lar, you know why they came up with this idea right... They couldn't find any other way to sabotage the Risan event with players like me announcing their cover shields

[8:43] [Zone #13] Laneth@joannafeldman: I don't get why Xean keeps attacking them and trying to harm this giveaway

[8:44] [Zone] Jaron@Joraxis: Xean is the guy who wants the ice cream truck guy arrested for disturbing the peace << we should find this guy and give him a prize, nbreeki nominated that for best pubbie anti-xean post.

[8:47] [Zone #2] Xean@xtern1ty: Smirk's gone now, goes to show what happens to friends of bullies.

and if anyone wants the link

Sept 1, 2014

hakimashou fucked around with this message at 12:04 on Jun 12, 2015

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

hakimashou posted:

another pastebin from today's risa fun, its everything that came up in the chat log on a search for 'xean'

http://pastebin.com/p2rYJSsJ

[7:09] [Zone #5] Okechukwu Chukwuemeka@patrickhasham: Ok, I gotta ask. Xean, why do you seem to be upset about these guys giving stuff away? It's great
[7:40] [Zone] Julie Martinez@femalemarine: Does Xtern1ty charge for its services? Is that why you dislike Dental Xean?

[7:44] [Zone #2] Xean@xtern1ty: I wonder how many days this is going to go on before someone forces them to use their own chan
[7:46] [Zone #2] Xean@xtern1ty: *someone* meaning devs in this case, because players have little say against trolls.

[7:47] [Zone #1] Daavik@azrael605: what I cant figure out is how in the seven hells Xean keeps getting off my ignore list
[8:05] [Zone #5] Okechukwu Chukwuemeka@patrickhasham: Jeez, Xean. You sound like a kid who found someone else playing in your sandbox

[8:21] [Zone #29] Tayana@taverse: The last time people were giving away free stuff, that Xean guy threw a right proper fit...
[8:21] [Zone #38] HumanSmithy@humansmithy: i dont listen to xean, seen him talk so much bollox here at risa for days now

[8:25] [Zone #2] Xean@xtern1ty: @Kepler, attention seekers. Don't fee the trolls, ignore them. You can expect this every day as long this event continues unless devs intervene.

[8:27] [Zone #29] Tayana@taverse: I'm still waiting for devs to intervene and put an end to Xean's self styled persona of a white knight - one that hides a black heart. He once told someone to kill themselves... that's the real Xean.

[8:38] [Zone #2] Xean@xtern1ty: @Es'lar, you know why they came up with this idea right... They couldn't find any other way to sabotage the Risan event with players like me announcing their cover shields

[8:43] [Zone #13] Laneth@joannafeldman: I don't get why Xean keeps attacking them and trying to harm this giveaway

[8:44] [Zone] Jaron@Joraxis: Xean is the guy who wants the ice cream truck guy arrested for disturbing the peace << we should find this guy and give him a prize, nbreeki nominated that for best pubbie anti-xean post.

[8:47] [Zone #2] Xean@xtern1ty: Smirk's gone now, goes to show what happens to friends of bullies.

and if anyone wants the link

Sept 1, 2014

:captainpop:

See, some fun haters in STO just want all the other players gone so they can jack off to being Captain Kirk by themselves all the want without having their :immersion: ruined by other people logging on.

Xean is not one of them. His narcissism demands that he and he alone be the centre of any attention. Anyone else who gets any attention for any reason is a Bad Person.

Naturally Dental is basically his kryptonite. :eng101:

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
also rail i told this guy to talk to you

[Tell] Hendreek@heyndrik: I want to join your fleet!

eta, people are discussing dental cleaning out erp from drozana and there is this gem

[Zone #3] Kamemor@ortikant: So Dental is some kind of sharia police?

hakimashou fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Jun 12, 2015

Goat Pillager
Mar 1, 2013

hakimashou posted:

also rail i told this guy to talk to you

[Tell] Hendreek@heyndrik: I want to join your fleet!

eta, people are discussing dental cleaning out erp from drozana and there is this gem

[Zone #3] Kamemor@ortikant: So Dental is some kind of sharia police?

Cool, I'll see if he contacts me, but he hasn't sent me a mail so far.

As to Xean, not to armchair psychologist, but I swear he is psychotic.

Everywhere he goes the world must center on him, he must have total control, and he has absolutely no remorse for the damage he causes to everyone else in the act.

He got himself banned off that writing forum we found, which seems to only ban spammers and consider any other ban to be stifling creativity, by constantly trying to start crusades or going off on people with his martyr complex.

In any case, the public loves the giveaway, and several pubbies have even joined in it, and Xean is going crazy over it because it isn't under his control.

I guess it's rubbing in all those failed "community projects" of his past that he ruined being himself.

He seems to consider it something we are doing specifically to target him, rather than what it is/was, a spontaneous idea me and Zaichal had because we have tons of GPL.

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.

Goat Pillager posted:

Cool, I'll see if he contacts me, but he hasn't sent me a mail so far.

As to Xean, not to armchair psychologist, but I swear he is psychotic.

Everywhere he goes the world must center on him, he must have total control, and he has absolutely no remorse for the damage he causes to everyone else in the act.

He got himself banned off that writing forum we found, which seems to only ban spammers and consider any other ban to be stifling creativity, by constantly trying to start crusades or going off on people with his martyr complex.

In any case, the public loves the giveaway, and several pubbies have even joined in it, and Xean is going crazy over it because it isn't under his control.

I guess it's rubbing in all those failed "community projects" of his past that he ruined being himself.

He seems to consider it something we are doing specifically to target him, rather than what it is/was, a spontaneous idea me and Zaichal had because we have tons of GPL.

Xean is basically the Poison Ivey I ruined, except I don't think he has crippling autism. He may have started broken, but now he's beyond repair. I'd just roll with it.

Speaking of which, any more sightings of @WraithRaptor? I really need to say hi to the kid.

Violent Kitten
Dec 26, 2011

Dearmad bhean
an ti ag an gcat.
I dunno man. That pastebin makes some of y'all look like idiots, to be honest. Telling Xean to go suck a dick is kind of counter productive if you're giving him reasons to call us cyberbullies. Remember, he's the lying sack of poo poo, we don't need to come out with bs like he sucks dicks daily. We can just stick to the facts we already have; they're more devastating, so there's a larger impact.

Just throw the items at the pubbies and let him seethe and lash out on his own. He will. He doesn't need our help with fueling that. Leave the more autistic, childish and playground inspired insults to him.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President

BombermanX posted:

Xean is basically the Poison Ivey I ruined, except I don't think he has crippling autism. He may have started broken, but now he's beyond repair. I'd just roll with it.

Speaking of which, any more sightings of @WraithRaptor? I really need to say hi to the kid.

If the autism spectrum were visible, he would be glowing ultraviolet.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

Violent Kitten posted:

I dunno man. That pastebin makes some of y'all look like idiots, to be honest. Telling Xean to go suck a dick is kind of counter productive if you're giving him reasons to call us cyberbullies. Remember, he's the lying sack of poo poo, we don't need to come out with bs like he sucks dicks daily. We can just stick to the facts we already have; they're more devastating, so there's a larger impact.

Just throw the items at the pubbies and let him seethe and lash out on his own. He will. He doesn't need our help with fueling that. Leave the more autistic, childish and playground inspired insults to him.

I'm going to have to agree with this. Don't bait or curse at the guy; always be polite and friendly to him in zone. It will make him 1. even more pissed off, and 2. will allow him to dig himself deeper into a hole. He likes to present himself as a paragon of virtue and sophistication. When he is angry that facade drops very quickly, and it's a perfect opportunity to be "the better man" against a guy who already considers himself the better man. It will make pubbies turn on him in a second.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Nabreeki's dancing thread is really good.

walt04;24267581 posted:

as far as giving away free stuff.. cool .. but is that not like giving a lollypop to your **** victim after you do the deed... just saying

thatcursedwolf;24267421 posted:

The Mafia used to run soup kitchens.

Did that change the fact that they were a criminal organization?

Goat Pillager
Mar 1, 2013

DonDoodles posted:

I'm going to have to agree with this. Don't bait or curse at the guy; always be polite and friendly to him in zone. It will make him 1. even more pissed off, and 2. will allow him to dig himself deeper into a hole. He likes to present himself as a paragon of virtue and sophistication. When he is angry that facade drops very quickly, and it's a perfect opportunity to be "the better man" against a guy who already considers himself the better man. It will make pubbies turn on him in a second.

Exactly. The best thing we can do about Xean is legitimately simply act kind and give the pubbies nice things to enjoy their summer more with.

He's very good at burning all of his own bridges without any outside help and his sycophantic lackies trying to sabotage it will only further isolate him.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Ya, the zone chat was literally

Us: Rah rah dental, come to risa 26 get free stuff from Starfleet dental!

Pubbies: Hey thanks guys awesome

Xean: they are cyber bulling twolling and afraid of expert helpful players like me who destroy their evil twolling every time and always beat them so follow my instructions if you see them leave the zone and ignore them and soon the devs will stop this bullies twolling risa!

Pubbies: wtf are you talking about stfu xean

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Have you seen these posts?
They're pretty popular on Reddit.
I wonder why they have not done another Cardassian Lockbox.

I want a Keldon drat it.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

MikeJF posted:

maximum butt

gold body paint armour aww yea

Spacebob Squareass.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
OldKhemaraa jumped in the thread and decided to take the old "if I ever meet him in person..." route.

quote:

One of these days the culprits in question will once again do thier thing at the wrong place, and at the wrong time.. And the GM's will give them a time out from STO... at least on their main accounts.

The moment someone said blue bearded in the thread I knew who it was.

Dear old mister rules lawyer.. He's been an utter pain to far to may people in this game since launch. If it were my call as a GM I'd have put him on a permanent ban at least 2 years ago.

He's very good at disimilation, and very good at sidetracking when it is brought up in the forums.

I feel sorry for him. His form of entertainment would not be tolerated for any length of time out side of this game. MMO Operators like Blizzard would have cut him off at the knees and perma banned him long ago. I've seen numerous MMO operators be very pro active about maintaining the social space of the game. And very visibly.

Cryptic how ever is not to be counted as an entity that does this. The proof? Ol blue beard there.
He still has an account, he still plays, and he still grief players. And Risa, Risa is his happy hunting ground.

He's a jerk.

I've delt with him for years.. Maybe someday I'll get lucky and run into him out here, where he won't be able to hide behind a screen name. I'd like that. He wouldn't.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Is it possible to puff up your chest if you're a massively obese gross shut in or does that just cause more pressure on an already overstressed heart riddled with cholesterol?

Actually I'm just assuming this about him. But after seeing photos of the SSR people IRL I'm pretty sure he looks like one of them.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

groomofweird posted:

I cant help but somewhat compare this to a real life occurrence I had recently.
I was doing the dancing game and my 11 year old son was finding it hilarious to cover my toon on the screen with a playing card. Whilst mildly amusing for a second or two it quickly got annoying, (the threat of no pudding after dinner was enough to make him reconsider lol).
The point is one usually plays a game (at least for me anyway) to actually see what one is doing.
Someone impeding that is impeding ones enjoyment of said game and is just plain annoying.

My choice quote from that thread, so far. Son is just plain annoying for wanting attention from his father.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=24271781&postcount=198

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Oh my lordy, the Denault Trolls are inside the house.

Mobile home, whatever.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

We need to get his son to activate plan 9: steal all his greens

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine

DancingShade posted:

Is it possible to puff up your chest if you're a massively obese gross shut in or does that just cause more pressure on an already overstressed heart riddled with cholesterol?

When you're sitting down, the legs kind of force the fat up into the chest cavity and the puffing is a byproduct.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

Anita Dickinme posted:

My choice quote from that thread, so far. Son is just plain annoying for wanting attention from his father.

I like how you are vilified in that thread for pointing out how thin skinned and spergy he is with his own son; basically, he is "trolled" every night by a prepubescent child and will not tolerate it in a space game.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

DonDoodles posted:

I like how you are vilified in that thread for pointing out how thin skinned and spergy he is with his own son; basically, he is "trolled" every night by a prepubescent child and will not tolerate it in a space game.

Reading some of these replies right after seeing Jurassic World has made this a great day.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
Kattiea wins the thread.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=24275261&postcount=211

Da Mott Man
Aug 3, 2012

:tbear:

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
Isn't that a threat from ol' mommyissues? I bet that would be a great report.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

:eyepop:

IPCRESS
May 27, 2012

You missed the swear in the twitter handle. But a masterstroke all the same.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Man they are getting desperate for more cash.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I bet every single loving thing in the game is going to be re-released as T6 with a 5 minute art pass to make it "new".

Oh and at full price +$5 or $10 more as well.

Maybe the T6 "totally new" adapted ships that will eventually come will finally have non lovely layouts so we can pretend to be Nero without flying gimped boats.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Holy gently caress

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Eh, nothing new about the ongoing release of every single ship at T6 level for $$$.

IPCRESS
May 27, 2012
Yeah, but retiring the constitution is a big surprise - I wonder if they'll give me any zen credit for my TOS version?

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Xean@xtern1ty: @Elvira, did you ignore the fleet spammer? If Durak isn't the first on your ignore with his spam, then ik you're a Dental trying to pose as a bystander. Notice I haven't said a thing so far.
[Zone #12] Xean@xtern1ty: that proves it, you're a Dental. No other
[Zone #12] Xean@xtern1ty: duly noted and in the list.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Oh poo poo, super secret double update, check the headers.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Korgan posted:

Oh poo poo, super secret double update, check the headers.

Thank gently caress they're honouring Christopher Lee's astounding contributions to Trek as the best Spock there ever was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

You know, maybe I will actually start coming back. In fact I should probably pick up a bunch of Zen next paycheck, I'm going to want it for this!

• Locked thread