Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 41 minutes!

Suben posted:

There's also the video of the match and it looks pretty clearly like Act is the one who threw the first punch which is when Yoshiko got pissed and started roughing her up.

That doesn't mean she deserves to have her face destroyed but that makes it less black and white and IMO nobody's innocent in this.

Rossy and Fuuka for making the match on the basis of "well they have legit heat so it'll be good" thereby fostering/encouraging an environment where this could happen, Act for starting the entire thing via throwing a hook right at Yoshiko's face, Yoshiko for going way over the line (give her a quick receipt and leave it at that if you have to respond), Wada for basically being a dope and even the oldschool environment of training.

Musta missed that. it looked like an attempt at a lock up and Yoshiko wasn't going for it.

I still blame the ref for doing exactly jack poo poo to get everyone working again. It's like the guy never had to break up a fight before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Wada's been around for years and years so he might just be too old.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
It made the cover of Weekly Pro. Rare for Joshi:

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Come to me .... and live forever.

rovert posted:

It made the cover of Weekly Pro. Rare for Joshi:

Apparently several wrestlers were upset by this, including Tanahashi, because the cover seemingly glorifies the violent nature of wrestling to the general public.

Also, it appears a press conference was held to announce the decision/punishment. If my understanding of Japanese (and Google Translate,) is correct, Yoshiko is stripped of the championship and suspended indefinitely. She visited Act and apologized and the two shook hands. The match result of a TKO victory has been changed to a no contest. Several improvements have been implemented, including an automatic DQ if there's a blow to the face, a ringside doctor, and (I think) better or mandatory interpersonal relations between the office and the wrestlers to prevent similar conflicts. In addition, Nanae, Rossy, Fuka are all taking a 30% pay cut for three months as a form of self-inflicted punishment.

Assuming I got all that right, it seems ok, but not totally satisfactory. There are photos of Yoshiko during it, and she does seem remorseful.

Here's the yahoo news article: http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20150225-00000058-dal-fight

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

So can she still see with both eyes? :\

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

epitasis posted:

So can she still see with both eyes? :\

quote:

Fuka visited Act in the hospital yesterday and posted about it on her blog titled "Act."

http://ameblo.jp/kakimotofuka/entry-11994483365.html
>She said they spoke for about 30 minutes and she held Act's hand the whole time.
>The swelling in Act's face has gone down considerably.
>Act still can't open her eyes, but she uses her fingers to open her eyelids to see when she needs to.
>Her first words to Fuka were "I'm eating so much!"
>As the were talking she said "Fuka-san, this is a chance."
>Fuka said everything that came out of Act's mouth was positive, and she was joking a lot.
>"From the begining to end, she was smiling."
>Act said when she faces Yoshiko in the ring again, she thinks they will be able to make it up to everybody and regain the fans trust.
>Fuka was stunned at how amazing and positive Act was and told her.
>Act responded "Mo! Sugoi no ka bakananoka wakaranai yo!" ("Well, I don't know if I'm amazing or stupid!")
>Then she said "Bakanandesu" (I think stupid!) and laughed.
>Fuka then posted Act's 3 wishes going forward:
>1. A rematch with Yoshiko.
>2. That nobody gets fired or quits STARDOM.
>3. That a lot of people will come see her return and their rematch.
> She ended the blog "Act, thank you."

/wooo/ probably has more info than anyone else in one place right now, everyone there's fallen in love with her, and she had a lot of fans before just from the whole Rum drinking, bondage pirate looking gimmick.

The saddest goddamn thing is that she keeps apologizing to Yoshiko and saying she hopes they can still be friends.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Feb 27, 2015

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
SHIMMER uploaded this in honour of Leonard Nimoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbCVCvr3bI8

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Ol' Blue Skirt

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008

rovert posted:

SHIMMER uploaded this in honour of Leonard Nimoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbCVCvr3bI8
Leva's intro here (and the chant it inspires) is my new favourite thing. "That's Wars!"

Sundance Shot
Oct 24, 2010
From the Stardom website it seems like Act Yasukawa's been released from hospital now.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
The whole thing with Act and Yoshiko has been pretty hosed up, but I'm glad Act won't have to spend the rest of her life blind.

Yoshiko is going to have to either spend time away and work in Starbucks or working sleazy poo poo, but I've seen worse people come back from seemingly unforgivable acts. I just hope she doesn't end being a total shithead about things anymore.

I just hope they try to make a positive out of all this horrible outcome like a good push for Act and a little more for the roster so that people don't leave the roster out of fear or frustration. Girls actually look up to the Joshis for being tough and athletic.

Best of luck to both women.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
I definitely can't make myself watch the video, so I'll just ask this - people were speculating when the video first dropped that Act's initial few strikes seemed legit, like she was throwing real punches. This isn't a value judgment about whether that justified what Yoshiko did, but I'm curious if that seems like the case to most of you who watched it.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

uncleKitchener posted:

Best of luck to both women.

lol you are sick in the head

good luck to the vindictive evil bitch who grievously assaulted a lady ya

Sundance Shot
Oct 24, 2010

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

I definitely can't make myself watch the video, so I'll just ask this - people were speculating when the video first dropped that Act's initial few strikes seemed legit, like she was throwing real punches. This isn't a value judgment about whether that justified what Yoshiko did, but I'm curious if that seems like the case to most of you who watched it.

Yeah it seems like it. I think it's clear that they really had a problem with each other before the match. From what people have mentioned as well, Yoshiko seemed to have a thing about punching the poo poo out of her in earlier matches when it's clear that Act isn't doing anything so it probably would've happened anyways. It's almost as if the match itself was a terrible idea and the person who booked it was complete idiot.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

uncleKitchener posted:

Yoshiko is going to have to either spend time away and work in Starbucks or working sleazy poo poo, but I've seen worse people come back from seemingly unforgivable acts.

TARU put a guy in a coma and only got a few years off, so Large Angry Barista duty sounds about right

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Act is also not a good wrestler and works a tad stiff to cover that up so that didn't help.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Act wants people to forgive Yoshiko and Stardoms wants to bring Yoshi back eventually too, so this is ofc the most disgusting promotion tactic of the year right

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Flameingblack posted:

Act wants people to forgive Yoshiko and Stardoms wants to bring Yoshi back eventually too, so this is ofc the most disgusting promotion tactic of the year right

the year is young and we are talking about wrestling

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

NickRoweFillea posted:

the year is young and we are talking about wrestling
Unless Rey Mysterio tries to get heat as a murderer I don't think it gets much worse than letting that match happen knowing that there was heat.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Flameingblack posted:

Unless Rey Mysterio tries to get heat as a murderer I don't think it gets much worse than letting that match happen knowing that there was heat.

Rey won't but AAA will probably.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

Yuriy posted:

lol you are sick in the head

good luck to the vindictive evil bitch who grievously assaulted a lady ya

Solomonic posted:

TARU put a guy in a coma and only got a few years off, so Large Angry Barista duty sounds about right

No one here thinks of Yoshiko as anything but a piece of poo poo for shooting like that, but it's likely that she'll be back, possibly as another heel in Stardom or another promotion, because promoters are obviously carny.

Flameingblack posted:

I thought Ray was innocent and the whole heat was a result of poo poo journalism. I won't be surprised if AAA actually turn this into a running man angle.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Correct, but AAA is super carny and isn't above exploiting deaths for angles in incredibly bad taste.

I Love My Axe
Dec 30, 2009

Let's go Blue Pants!
So, uh, Aja Kong and Dynamite Kasai are going to be wrestling at Shimmer today.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

I Love My Axe posted:

So, uh, Aja Kong and Dynamite Kasai are going to be wrestling at Shimmer today.

what

oh wow its Misaki Ohata, Hiroyo Matsumoto, Kellie Skater & Tomoka Nakagawa vs Kyoko Kimura, Mayumi Ozaki, Aja Kong & Dynamite Kansai

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

whaa

God Of Paradise
Jan 23, 2012
You know, I'd be less worried about my 16 year old daughter dating a successful 40 year old cartoonist than dating a 16 year old loser.

I mean, Jesus, kid, at least date a motherfucker with abortion money and house to have sex at where your mother and I don't have to hear it. Also, if he treats her poorly, boom, that asshole's gonna catch a statch charge.

Please, John K. Date my daughter... Save her from dating smelly dropouts who wanna-be Soundcloud rappers.

Flameingblack posted:

How many times did Bret vs Shawn happen?

This is not inherently a bad move.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

God Of Paradise posted:

How many times did Bret vs Shawn happen?

This is not inherently a bad move.
they were both professionals all the way up until the Montreal Screw Job, and even then it was only the finish. Someone tried to blind another girl who had been blind in one eye here whole life until recently, I think that's a little different, it's almost as bad as New Jack trying to kill Vic Grimes levels of disgusting.

I Love My Axe
Dec 30, 2009

Let's go Blue Pants!
This happened last night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sw6ZuMaaBPQ

Nerokerubina
Jun 7, 2007

I think swords are neat. Do you think swords are neat?!

Flameingblack posted:

they were both professionals all the way up until the Montreal Screw Job, and even then it was only the finish. Someone tried to blind another girl who had been blind in one eye here whole life until recently, I think that's a little different, it's almost as bad as New Jack trying to kill Vic Grimes levels of disgusting.

well, yes, they should never loving wrestle /again/ but i think it's pretty fair, as a promoter, to assume that just because two wrestlers don't get along that well they won't try to loving tear someone's eye out

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Queens of Combat are having a two day title tournament this weekend. I'm going to both days. Leva Bates vs Lufisto seems to be the highlight match today. Looking forward to seeing Tessa Blanchard as well, who I think I'll see wrestling at least three times this weekend. Also looking forward to calling Jessicka Havok a twitter racist.

Edit: Apparently it's just round 1 and 2, and the Semi and Finals won't be until like September or something.

Sub Rosa fucked around with this message at 12:52 on Jun 13, 2015

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

Sub Rosa posted:

Queens of Combat are having a two day title tournament this weekend. I'm going to both days. Leva Bates vs Lufisto seems to be the highlight match today. Looking forward to seeing Tessa Blanchard as well, who I think I'll see wrestling at least three times this weekend. Also looking forward to calling Jessicka Havok a twitter racist.

Edit: Apparently it's just round 1 and 2, and the Semi and Finals won't be until like September or something.

Results please?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 41 minutes!

Sub Rosa posted:

plz livetweet from your hospital bed post-shaming Havok

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Lufisto and Leva Bates main evented the show apparently with Lufisto going over. Tomorrow its Lufisto vs Tessa Blanchard in round 2. I don't know any of the other results.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.
Stardom launched an English site and will have approximately Reo Hazuki and Io TanahaShirai on the roster by the end of the year.

Edit: It's actually a surprisingly nice looking site.

Suben fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Jun 14, 2015

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Suben posted:

Stardom launched an English site and will have approximately Reo Hazuki and Io TanahaShirai on the roster by the end of the year.

Edit: It's actually a surprisingly nice looking site.
Wordpress is really easy to use, themes make them all look great.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Is WWE ever going to sign Leva Bates or are they only interested in her as an NXT jobber novelty?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Benne posted:

Is WWE ever going to sign Leva Bates or are they only interested in her as an NXT jobber novelty?

As I said the night she debuted no and obviously they haven't signed her the last 8 months.

That may change when they run two NXT crews in 2016. But she is 32, unathletic and a poor wrestler. She would be a waste of a standard developmental deal. Watch how much the crowd lost interest when she got offence in in her match last Wednesday.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
tbf only having one person to cosplay as has obviously handicapped her quite a bit

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

SpaceWolfPurrp posted:

tbf only having one person to cosplay as has obviously handicapped her quite a bit

Why is cosplaying such a big deal and held up as this special skill than people use as justification to sign Leva? Becky is apparently doing Chandra Nalaar and Paige recently dressed up as Little Bo Peep. Damien Sandow and Charlie Haas did it too. It is just a bit of dressing up and changing your hair and make up. I wish Leva would put in the same effort to improve her strikes, selling and foot work. I never heard a clamouring for WWE to sign her pre-Blue Pants either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

rovert posted:

Why is cosplaying such a big deal and held up as this special skill than people use as justification to sign Leva?

Nerds love it.

• Locked thread