Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Anything for Don't Starve/Together?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TerryLennox
Oct 12, 2009

There is nothing tougher than a tough Mexican, just as there is nothing gentler than a gentle Mexican, nothing more honest than an honest Mexican, and above all nothing sadder than a sad Mexican. -R. Chandler.

Mr E posted:

Try playing with a Friend.

You'll run out of food really fast so make sure to build a shovel you can replant berry bushes easily.

Try settling on a savannah with buffalos so you can get manure to fertlize your farms.

At night NEVER be without a torch or the materials to make one.

Healing is kind of hard at the beginning so avoid fighting unless you know you can win.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Anything I should know about Apotheon?

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Xander77 posted:

Everything is meant to break but rare weapons can be repurchased from black market sellers. Regardless you get a ton of weapons so don't conserve poo poo. The combat is the highlight of the game and you'll have more fun if you're throwing hammers in people's faces and unleashing godly wrath from whatever you get your hands on.

It's otherwise really straightforward. There's an obvious point of no return and you can't miss or lock yourself out of anything.

idiotmeat
Apr 3, 2010

Gaggins posted:

Anything I should know about Bloodborne? Didn't see anything on the wiki. So far I've found out that there are no backstabs - say it isn't so!

Engage in jolly gothic cooperation.

If you are confident in not taking all to much damage I suggest going to an easy area, pressing up to gain 5 qs bullets and practice parrying without eating into your qs bullet stash.

At some point enemies will have higher resistances to a form of attack, i.e. blunt vs thrust. Got familiar with the types of damage your weapons do and pick a pair with a rounded moveset.

Unlike the souls games, you will not be invaded by npcs (at least from what i have found). In lieu of that there will be hostile hunters which do not respawn.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Xander77 posted:

in hades, just run.

if the game crashes or breaks its normal

the save file size is over 300mbs.

Danger Mahoney
Mar 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
What should I have known before starting Darkest Dungeon?

I can't make much progress, game is brutal.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Mr E posted:

The most important thing you can build survivability-wise is the Crock Pot. It costs 3 Cut Stone (which costs 9 Rocks total), 6 Charcoal (which you get by setting trees on fire, usually with a torch, and then chopping them), and 4 Twigs (which you get goddamn everywhere). From there, you can use it to cook Meatballs (1 meat--even Monster Meat + 3 anything that isn't Twigs), which will turn your food that, when cooked, will barely provide 20 hunger, into a dish that restores 65 hunger and a little bit of health, too. It's the biggest thing for economizing your food consumption.

Rule #2, do not set up your camp near a rocky biome--those are the ones with lots of boulders that you can mine. Rocky biomes regularly get meteor showers to replenish their supply of raw stone, but its range extends a couple screen-lengths beyond the edge of the zone and meteors will destroy any structure they hit.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

klaphark posted:

Anything for Eldritch? I'm not trying to powergame or anything but are there any tips/stuff that is easily overlooked?

The second area (Nyarlathotep) has a type of enemy in it that looks like a statue. They're basically invulnerable and if you get too close to one it'll make a cracking noise. If that happens, then any time you could be looking at it (i.e. there isn't a wall between you and it) you must look at it or else it'll teleport behind you and murder you.

The only thing that can kill them is dyanmite.

Woffle
Jul 23, 2007

Danger Mahoney posted:

What should I have known before starting Darkest Dungeon?

I can't make much progress, game is brutal.

Play very conservatively. This is a game about 1 step forward, .8 steps back. Do short, easy missions for a good long while. Every party needs a healer and two isn't always overkill. The Man-At-Arms is your best first slot class. There's no penalty for recruiting people from the wagon until you're full so feel free to try out the classes. You can even send a group of 4 on a suicide mission, minimally outfitted, to try them out.

When you get a bit further in, you always want to have someone in the sanitarium to remove negative traits.

Oh, and upgrading armor is your first priority when you get some money in your pocket.

This game isn't for everyone. I personally really, really love it but you can get hosed by bad die rolls and every decision you make matters quite a bit for a good long time.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Real hurthling! posted:

the save file size is over 300mbs.
What?

*Checks*

No. The whole save folder is 25 mb.

The one (two) thing I discovered so far that's worth telling others: Dionysus's place has no combat and plentiful lockpicks - something to check out as you start exploring the hub level (the other thing I discovered is that I'm terrible at doing anything other than "block and strike OR sit back where they can't reach you and snipe".

Edit - Also, you can totally meet Hephaestus without stopping his gears, with just a bit of persistence.

Xander77 fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Jun 14, 2015

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I've nearly won a couple times, but I still feel like I'm missing something in Ironcast.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

The White Dragon posted:

The most important thing you can build survivability-wise is the Crock Pot. It costs 3 Cut Stone (which costs 9 Rocks total), 6 Charcoal (which you get by setting trees on fire, usually with a torch, and then chopping them), and 4 Twigs (which you get goddamn everywhere). From there, you can use it to cook Meatballs (1 meat--even Monster Meat + 3 anything that isn't Twigs), which will turn your food that, when cooked, will barely provide 20 hunger, into a dish that restores 65 hunger and a little bit of health, too. It's the biggest thing for economizing your food consumption.

Rule #2, do not set up your camp near a rocky biome--those are the ones with lots of boulders that you can mine. Rocky biomes regularly get meteor showers to replenish their supply of raw stone, but its range extends a couple screen-lengths beyond the edge of the zone and meteors will destroy any structure they hit.

Thanks for the tips here and above, my friend and I played some last night and didn't know about rule 2 - we lost our stuff :v:, but the game's really fun.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Anything for LISA on the steam store?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Xander77 posted:

What?

*Checks*

No. The whole save folder is 25 mb.

i assumed ps4 since it was a freebie this year, where it will cost you 1/3rd of your total cloudsave space to play.

owl_pellet
Nov 20, 2005

show your enemy
what you look like

What is the recommended course of action if I want to play the Borderlands 2 DLC and I want it to be around the same level I am? I am a completionist in games with quests, so this meant that when I played through the original Borderlands and did all the DLC during my first playthrough, I was hugely overlevelled and never got any good loot.

What I'm thinking for BL2 is to beat the main game, start a new playthrough to raise the level of the enemies and loot drops, then immediately start the DLC. Would that work?

texting my ex
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood

Gaggins posted:

Anything I should know about Bloodborne? Didn't see anything on the wiki. So far I've found out that there are no backstabs - say it isn't so!

Maybe I'll get flamed for this, but the shield you pick up is still goddamn useful for your first playthrough. Keep it up when exploring new areas, enemies can jump out of nowhere and at least you'll block one hit. Then you obviously switch to 2-handed, pistol or torch, in actual combat the shield is loving awful. It's meant to protect you against surprise hits.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

owl_pellet posted:

What is the recommended course of action if I want to play the Borderlands 2 DLC and I want it to be around the same level I am? I am a completionist in games with quests, so this meant that when I played through the original Borderlands and did all the DLC during my first playthrough, I was hugely overlevelled and never got any good loot.

What I'm thinking for BL2 is to beat the main game, start a new playthrough to raise the level of the enemies and loot drops, then immediately start the DLC. Would that work?

The DLCs scale with your level to a point, they run from 15-30 in the main game, 31-50 in new game+ and 51-61 in new game++, so what you said would work but bear in mind that once you hit new game+ you need a slag weapon to deal reasonable damage to enemies and co-op is pretty much required, soloing is near impossible.

owl_pellet
Nov 20, 2005

show your enemy
what you look like

It's disappointing to hear co-op is pretty much required. I wouldn't mind the slag thing so much in NG+ but I really would prefer to play solo. Thanks!

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

owl_pellet posted:

It's disappointing to hear co-op is pretty much required. I wouldn't mind the slag thing so much in NG+ but I really would prefer to play solo. Thanks!

You can still play go through all the DLC in the first playthrough, just play the first two (Scarlet and Torgue) around level 15-30 and the last two after the last story boss.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Skilleddk posted:

Maybe I'll get flamed for this, but the shield you pick up is still goddamn useful for your first playthrough. Keep it up when exploring new areas, enemies can jump out of nowhere and at least you'll block one hit. Then you obviously switch to 2-handed, pistol or torch, in actual combat the shield is loving awful. It's meant to protect you against surprise hits.

a shameful post.

juliuspringle
Jul 7, 2007

What should I know about 7 Days to Die? I have already learned that item weight doesn't seem to exist. I learned this by carrying around 40 of nature's most plentiful resource, the cinderblock. Also you can die from radiation I think?

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

a shameful post.

Shield is useful in bell invasions because people won't know what the gently caress you're doing and will assume you are a child with downs, giving you the upper hand.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
In the event that you actually want to shoot for the Completionist achievement in Just Cause 2 (get 75% overall completed), here's some tips to help you out because it's going to be rough:

- Don't do the big-rear end cities on the west section because you're going to hate yourself. In the event that you're going to try anyway, bring a car and drive thoroughly before you start blowing up the water towers on the rooftops.

-Level up the shotgun once it becomes available to purchase from the black market because it's a monster at high levels. We're talking one-shot for chumps, two for elites. Also level up your grenades and triggered explosives (C4) because blowing poo poo up quickly is something you're going to want to do.

-Don't bother trying to walk close and set up C4 on the propaganda trailers, those fuckers always get alerted and I hate them for it. Just use a grenade and get away from there.

-You will eventually piss off the troops hard enough for them to send armed helicopters at you. This is fine because now you've got a new ride. Get away from the riff-raff and fly to as many undiscovered locations as possible. When you finally get the heat off of you, you can transport yourself to them whenever you feel like it.

-Level up that one helicopter you get that has no guns, it's pretty quick, cheap, and easy to fly. Takes off really quick, too.

-As long as you're actually completing areas and not buying poo poo all the time, you shouldn't be hurting for money whenever you finally decide to buy something.

-Attaching troops to other troops with your grappling hook is funny as hell and a good way to get two losers off of your back long enough to get away or kill them.

-All those undiscovered locations of the south-eastern most side of the world are all military bases, so be prepared for a fight if you're bent on taking it all.

-Overpasses outside of locations tend to have two armor upgrades and some other poo poo, depending on where you're at. Get them because dying blows.

Several Goblins
Jul 30, 2006

"What the hell do they mean? Beefcake?"

juliuspringle posted:

What should I know about 7 Days to Die? I have already learned that item weight doesn't seem to exist. I learned this by carrying around 40 of nature's most plentiful resource, the cinderblock. Also you can die from radiation I think?

Here's a few off the top of my head. 7 Days has been my go-to game to play online with friends for a while now.

- Depending on how you have your game setup, when you die you'll either lose just your quick slots, just your inventory, or both. Those items will be left in a backpack on the ground for you to go back and get where you died. Look for a little blue backpack marker on your compass to lead you back to where you died. It is possible, due to cave-ins or explosions, for your backpack to get destroyed after you die. This sucks, as all the stuff is permanently gone.

- You can level up by crafting and killing zombies. The higher your level, the higher chance you have of crafting better quality items. Better quality items last longer without breaking and do more damage.

- Wellness is a stat that governs your hit points and stamina. You start at 100 and max out at 200. You can also lose wellness, down to 50. There are tons of ways to gain and lose wellness, but dying makes you lose a fairly sizeable chunk. Stay healthy, eat good cooked food, and take vitamins to keep it increasing over time.

- If you're playing on the Navezgane map, rather than a random gen world, there are radiation zones that mark the edges of the world. The ground and air are tinted sickly green. They kill you if you wander into them. Randomly generated worlds have no radiation zones that I'm aware of.

- Adjust difficulty, zombie spawns and all the other various settings according to how good you start getting at the game. I love 7 Days To Die, but it's still in early access, so you have to tweak the experience a bit because it's easy to get overly efficient and make the endgame fairly trivial.

-Play around with the crafting system. Almost everything in the game has some sort of use and can be used to craft various items and building materials. Once you play for a while, you'll start learning what to hang on to and what to dump off somewhere.

-Hordes of zombies typically spawn every 7 days, but mini-hordes spawn at any time if you create enough of a "heat" signature. Things like crafting, rooting around in your backpack, using a forge, using a campfire and setting off explosions can attract some friends. This usually happens if you're doing several of these at once.

- If you crouch, the game will tell you if you're being stealthy or not. Undetected > Sensed (Zombies smell/hear you) > Hunted (Zombies see you/are looking for you). You can also use this to sneak attack enemies for a bonus where you're undetected. Otherwise, stealth isn't implemented very well yet, so you won't really be Solid Snake of the zombie apocalypse.

-The game gets way easier with friends, but is also way, way more fun.

Several Goblins fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Jun 14, 2015

Pyromancer
Apr 29, 2011

This man must look upon the fire, smell of it, warm his hands by it, stare into its heart

owl_pellet posted:

You'll outlevel the DLC if you start again in normal mode, they somewhat scale to your level but the window isn't that big.

Captain Scarlett and Torgue's are intended to be played in second half of the game, scale for levels 15-30 in normal mode, Sir Hammerlock's and Tiny Tina's are for after beating the endboss and scale 30-35 in normal mode. Scaling is extended for other modes to 50 in true mode, 61? in ultimate

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Didn't find anything in the Wiki so what should i know for Invisible Inc?

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Didn't find anything in the Wiki so what should i know for Invisible Inc?

The thread is pretty short and has some great tip but

• don't worry about failure. You get xp based on difficulty and level of missions completed. Keep playing till you unlock all the other chars, some are beasts
  • credit missions are only worth doing with a vault card, but sometimes cybernetic implants have a vault door too with two extra implanters
  • items with ammo (2/2, 6/6) do not reload between missions and power packs only reload one charge. In general I avoid them. Same goes for items which take PWR, it's just not worth it
  • have your agent with anarchy search executives pockets before whacking them since they have ~1k base
  • guards only go to the last thing they heard/saw, so you can distract them from something else by running by or opening a door they can see
  • peek open peek, unless you're playing on beginner
  • better to avoid guards than KOing them when possible, since then they go from patrol to search. But don't worry about leaving KO'd guards in your wake either, they'll spend a dozen turns being confused. You're fine if you keep moving, just don't do this until you know where the exit is, since it's a pita to get through searching guards.
  • waking guards keep each other distracted since they attract each other with groaning and standing. You get an extra few turns before they start searching.
  • move fast. Time is not on your side. I upgrade strength to two for drag speed and then speed to 4 usually
  • sometimes it's worth getting spotted by a camera and running through if you're going to sit around for two+ turns to hack it instead
  • searching guards check open doors first, so close all doors behind you but leave some side ones open for distraction
  • guard sight lines don't angle left or right when they turn 180, you can stand next to a guard and he won't see you when he turns around or continues the patrol
  • unless the guard is dead on, he can't see into where you are hiding crouched even if he's next to you. You can hide in way more areas than you think. You can also keep a guard busy by just ducking to another side of a pillar, he'll never see you. It's his buddy who comes in that is the problem.
  • internationale, xu, banks, sharp all have abilities that make them a step above the others and one should be in your squad
  • xu can crack both safes and firewall shields on guards with his ability, also kill camera drones
  • don't underestimate the SLAM implant, it's amazing! Credits are life.
  • some items are better than others but shock trap 3 and cloak 3 are game breakingly good. So is wisp.

Bhodi fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Jun 14, 2015

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Bhodi posted:

The thread is pretty short and has some great tip but

• don't worry about failure. You get xp based on difficulty and level of missions completed. Keep playing till you unlock all the other chars, some are beasts
  • credit missions are only worth doing with a vault card, but sometimes cybernetic implants have a vault door too with two extra implanters
  • items with ammo (2/2, 6/6) do not reload between missions and power packs only reload one charge. In general I avoid them. Same goes for items which take PWR, it's just not worth it
  • have your agent with anarchy search executives pockets before whacking them since they have ~1k base
  • guards only go to the last thing they heard/saw, so you can distract them from something else by running by or opening a door they can see
  • peek open peek, unless you're playing on beginner
  • better to avoid guards than KOing them when possible, since then they go from patrol to search. But don't worry about leaving KO'd guards in your wake either, they'll spend a dozen turns being confused. You're fine if you keep moving, just don't do this until you know where the exit is, since it's a pita to get through searching guards.
  • waking guards keep each other distracted since they attract each other with groaning and standing. You get an extra few turns before they start searching.
  • move fast. Time is not on your side. I upgrade strength to two for drag speed and then speed to 4 usually
  • sometimes it's worth getting spotted by a camera and running through if you're going to sit around for two+ turns to hack it instead
  • searching guards check open doors first, so close all doors behind you but leave some side ones open for distraction
  • guard sight lines don't angle left or right when they turn 180, you can stand next to a guard and he won't see you when he turns around or continues the patrol
  • unless the guard is dead on, he can't see into where you are hiding crouched even if he's next to you. You can hide in way more areas than you think. You can also keep a guard busy by just ducking to another side of a pillar, he'll never see you. It's his buddy who comes in that is the problem.
  • internationale, xu, banks, sharp all have abilities that make them a step above the others and one should be in your squad
  • xu can crack both safes and firewall shields on guards with his ability, also kill camera drones
  • don't underestimate the SLAM implant, it's amazing! Credits are life.
  • some items are better than others but shock trap 3 and cloak 3 are game breakingly good. So is wisp.

Why should you avoid doing this on other difficulty modes?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Got How to Survive (95% off). Anything I need to know?

Also, Apotheon: The Agora blacksmith sells good weapons, but where do I get cheap weapons? I need a stack of doru.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

He's not saying to avoid it on harder difficulties, he's saying Beginner is the only difficulty you can get away with not doing this. Basically always peek open peek.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

The Lone Badger posted:

Got How to Survive (95% off). Anything I need to know?

Yeah, you should've waited for a bigger discount :v:

I dunno if they changed anything, but the the biggest thing that comes to mind is that ranged weapons are king. Learn what you need to scavenge to make even the shittiest guns (it's been almost two years so I forget what they are, sorry) because they save you big on health economy. Failing that, even a crappy limp bow is better than a chainsaw.

Fruit + Bottled Water makes Lemonade, which restores a bit of health and your thirst almost completely. Always keep some on you.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

owl_pellet posted:

It's only after the second playthrough and beyond that slag and co-op become necessities, although some characters can get away playing solo. The second playthrough just enables a few extra enemy types (although not in the DLC) that emphasize elemental damage awareness and turns up elemental resistances and weaknesses. It's on the third playthrough that enemy health skyrockets, and while slag gets tuned up to partially compensate you're still stuck with extremely tough, deadly enemies.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
Anything for SanctuaryRPG: Black Edition? I am lost as gently caress, and the game's community online is TINY.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Vlad the Retailer posted:

You'll probably want to use a controller, but nothing in particular beyond that. Apart from one weird issue - centering the camera and tagging is mapped to the same button - it's pretty easy to pick up. Don't bother with Jet ranks the first time through, just listen to the soundtrack and tag everything in sight.

Re: Jet Set Radio

Is there any fix for the save game issue? I found one, installed it and it worked, but when I came back a week later the save problem was back.
- JSR will not save your game files and there is no surefire fix, its a problem with the game that will never get patched out

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Anything for Lisa?

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

You can get away with a single peek in beginner but guards patrol wider and you have less rewinds so you have to play it safer and double peek .

juliuspringle
Jul 7, 2007

pentyne posted:

Re: Jet Set Radio

Is there any fix for the save game issue? I found one, installed it and it worked, but when I came back a week later the save problem was back.
- JSR will not save your game files and there is no surefire fix, its a problem with the game that will never get patched out

Fuuuuuu. I was getting into it too since I never really got to play it back in the day.

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy

Austrian mook posted:

Anything for LISA on the steam store?

GrandpaPants posted:

Anything for Lisa?

Unfortunately I still haven't finished LISA which is a shame as it's a crazy rear end game. I can only offer some basic tips.

-You're going to have to grind quite a bit and backtrack.

-Not all characters are created equal and there's a ton to recruit. Those with keyboard commands tend to be a little bit more fleshed out.

-Hug walls for hidden rooms.

-A good deal of the game is trail & error. This is especially true when it comes to falling off of stuff. Save often as the game isn't afraid of killing you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polite Tim
Sep 3, 2007
'insert witty Family Guy/ Futurama/ Simpsons/ Little fucking Britian etc quote here'

Scientastic posted:

Is there a point of no return in X-Com: Enemy Unknown? I'm really enjoying just playing the random encounters, and I don't really to stop playing yet... It feels like the game is winding itself up.

I have just got the hyper wave relay, if that gives any idea of how far in I am...

Basically until you make something called a Gollop Chamber you're free to go hogwild, the point of no return is essentially the last mission, its very fair