Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
revtoiletduck
Aug 21, 2006
smart newbie
Is Astral Child worth using? My first 3* star hero. Seems like she might not be great on her own but her abilities might combo well with certain heroes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
One of the top arena guys uses her but I've never been super impressed with anything she does

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Once you get a vip rating do you keep it month to month or got to drop cash each month?

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Once you get a vip rating do you keep it month to month or got to drop cash each month?

Its permanent

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?
I can't wait until this week ends and we rubberband back to a saner group of players. All of the other guilds in this Island Race are full of WURLOWs and mini-WURLOWs, and it sucks :(

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
At least three of the guilds are #1 on their server. We got thrown in with the big fish this week.

We can try to follow what was suggested earlier and try to line up all our 12 hour island mines to land tomorrow morning to at least try to nab the 2nd--3rd place boss.

Also my friend Silfren applied, although he isn't a goon he was in the HC guild with us. I definitely understand if you want to prioritize other goons first though, just noticed we had an empty spot.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Dreylad posted:

Also my friend Silfren applied, although he isn't a goon he was in the HC guild with us.

Added him. We should have another slot in a day-ish anyway.

Cotato
Mar 25, 2002

That superior rune upgrade seems like the biggest waste of loving diamonds in the game. On a level 10 rune, 185 diamonds to get to 11 vs 5k gold. Seriously?

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

What's the verdict on King O' Bones? Any good?

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Cotato posted:

That superior rune upgrade seems like the biggest waste of loving diamonds in the game. On a level 10 rune, 185 diamonds to get to 11 vs 5k gold. Seriously?

It''s one diamond per point, meaning it's a major waste of your diamonds unless there's some kind of incentive. Today, for example, there's an event where spending 1k total diamonds gets you 5 Dark Paladin stones. That's significantly cheaper than the ~1300 diamonds it costs to do a luxury feast, which at best will get you the same 5 stones and at worst only 1.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

revtoiletduck posted:

Is Astral Child worth using? My first 3* star hero. Seems like she might not be great on her own but her abilities might combo well with certain heroes?

She can be useful in the angel trial and story missions. It's also funny to watch an AOEer blow themselves the gently caress up when they break 2-3 shields

Yudo
May 15, 2003

Jamwad Hilder posted:

It''s one diamond per point, meaning it's a major waste of your diamonds unless there's some kind of incentive. Today, for example, there's an event where spending 1k total diamonds gets you 5 Dark Paladin stones. That's significantly cheaper than the ~1300 diamonds it costs to do a luxury feast, which at best will get you the same 5 stones and at worst only 1.

And I would totally do this except it is a VIP 5 perk. Upgrading Dark Paladin is worth the effort.

FraudulentEconomics
Oct 14, 2007

Pst...
What angels should I focus on? I'm about to hit 40 and can get the epic Angel shards finally, I see Nyssa's name thrown around a lot so I'm guessing her? Anyone else I should keep an eye out for? I wound up getting another epic angel from getting the VIP card and she's doing pretty well.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

FraudulentEconomics posted:

What angels should I focus on? I'm about to hit 40 and can get the epic Angel shards finally, I see Nyssa's name thrown around a lot so I'm guessing her? Anyone else I should keep an eye out for? I wound up getting another epic angel from getting the VIP card and she's doing pretty well.

Most people seem to get Nyssa, then Amora, then Athena or Styx

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?
I put up a normal feast in guild w/ 2 slots open, if anyone is around.

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot
Is it just me or do you guys get massive lag sometimes where it asks if you want to reconnect cause it times out? It's annoying as all hell.

Yudo
May 15, 2003

Tony Homo posted:

Is it just me or do you guys get massive lag sometimes where it asks if you want to reconnect cause it times out? It's annoying as all hell.

I get connection errors all the time, so it's not just you.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
I use to get a lot but it's been getting a lot better for me.

Coolspaz
Feb 26, 2004
And so it came to pass, and so it was told, quoth the raven "never more"
applied to goon squad as coolspaz

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Coolspaz posted:

applied to goon squad as coolspaz

Got you. Also cleaned out people who were offline a really long time while at it.

Kalion
Jul 23, 2004

:gifttank:
Panzer vor!
Also applied to GoonSquad as Kalion.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I've been leveling up Soul Slinger and he seems really good. He hits like a truck and removes rage, which is great for dealing with tanks and healers.

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot
Elder Dwarf at 65 is insanely awesome. He is THEE best tank in game.

Edit: was touched not once during last fight. That bubble of his is nice.

Tony Homo fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Jun 12, 2015

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I've been getting a lot of Dark Paladin stones in my shop. With the discount, they're 180 each, which is a pretty good deal, I think.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
are normal feasts worth it for getting blood baroness to 3*? she seems to die super fast but might be good in the gold trials that have 4-6 enemies

FraudulentEconomics
Oct 14, 2007

Pst...
Two days of the 2500 gem reward in the daily quests so I've yanked 10 times twice now. I got Hecate. I'm drowning in warriors but I suppose that isn't a BAD thing.

I've got:

3 Star

Hecate
Earthshaker
Rose Knight

2 Star

Pyrona
Berserker
Djinni
Atalanta
Astral Archer
Mermaid

1 Star

Soul Slinger
Nightblade
Green Ranger
Nether Knight
Grimbow
Shadowraith
Valkyrie

Angels

Lunaria
Nyssa
Nocturna
Vienna

Right now I'm thinking of raising up Hecate and doing Hecate top front, Nether Knight mid front, Pyrona top back, Grimbow mid back, and Earthshaker low back. I suppose if I wanted full on gently caress you I could do berserker instead of grimbow too. Any tips from ye olde grandmasters?

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot
Today the Hero Trial is brutal for the stage 3 one. Have to fight 6 enemies. drat.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I need a ton of those stupid helmets so I just did stage 2

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I'm assuming their at various levels but I would focus on doing this if you're looking for specific people to focus on:

Front Row: Nether Knight and Elder Dwarf. Both are difficult to kill and do pretty good damage. Nether Knight in particular is one of the most annoying tanks to have to deal with.
Back Row: Choose three of Lunar Priestess, Berserker Claw, Grimbow, and Pyrona

Lunar Priestess - probably the best healer in the game
Berserker Claw - in the back row, he stuns the hell out of his counterpart in the other team's back row, or at the very least he'll damage them with his boomerang thing. He's also protected in the back from a lot of damage, which is good because he can shred up the other team's front line if he stays alive.
Grimbow - he attacks fast and crits a lot, his flaming arrow attack has a bleed effect now which is useful. His active skill is great for wrecking back lines that have already been weakened. When he's strong enough he can routinely one shot some weaker front line characters (like Blood Baroness, Earth Shaker, or Hecate) if he crits his flaming arrow, and his active can wipe out a back row if they're at ~75% health (or less). He's probably one of my favorite heroes but a lot of people seem to not like him for some reason.
Pyrona - sheep and her nuke will help you break their front line quickly. If they have a Nether Knight she'll be useful because the sheep will prevent him from using his shield (hopefully).

The rest of your lineup is full of people that are okay but nothing special. Rose Knight is a good tank, I still use him, but that was mostly because the game poo poo out pieces for him when I started so I got him to 4* really fast, and at that point he was critical to the team. I'm working on Elder Dwarf to replace him. Atalanta sucks, Exorcist seems ok but I've never seen anyone use him, Mermaid is pointless because you have Lunar Priestess, and Green Archer is basically a not-as-good version of Grimbow without the benefit of her active damaging the back row.

So I just pulled Night Sentinel. I like Lunar Priestess in the back row for healing, so now I have to choose between Sentinel, Pyrona, Berserker, and Grimbow.

Should I switch my arena rewards to Zwei, or keep grabbing Sentinel to 4*?

Also do you guys think it's worth the gold to get the event quest for 20 normal summons?

Boozie fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Jun 13, 2015

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Boozie posted:

Also do you guys think it's worth the gold to get the event quest for 20 normal summons?

Just spend 2 crystals a day on it normally to get the three chest pull daily, then by the time the events come around you should have enough crystals for at least one 10x pull. 180k for the next one isn't too bad because you usually get 3-4 stones, plus the bread and stones for the event.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

Boozie posted:

So I just pulled Night Sentinel. I like Lunar Priestess in the back row for healing, so now I have to choose between Sentinel, Pyrona, Berserker, and Grimbow.

Should I switch my arena rewards to Zwei, or keep grabbing Sentinel to 4*?

If you NEED a neigh unkillable tank, and nether knight/rose knight/Dwarf isn't doing it for you.....grab Zwei
I'll say this if I had known I was going to pull Lunar Priestess I would have dumped my Arena points into Night Sentinel :/

Echophonic posted:

I've been leveling up Soul Slinger and he seems really good. He hits like a truck and removes rage, which is great for dealing with tanks and healers.

How is Soul Slinger? I just can not find space for him in my A group at all. I got him to 41 and 2 stars not sure if I care enough to worry about getting him to 3 star

My lineup is:(Should say this changes on if I'm doing pvp some or pve)
Front - Nether Knight 2 Star & Elder Dwarf 3 Star
Back Row - Lunar Priest 3 Star & Nereida 3 Star & Berserker Claw 3 Star

The only change is dropping Lunar Priest for Pyrona, also a 3 star

I FINALLY managed to tank my Arena defense, I cracked sub 1000's and everyone was 55+ against me. I tanked myself down to 3000's so its just a laugher fighting everyone. At some point I'll push myself to the 1.5k's for some better daily arena points and slightly more challenging opponents
Can now farm all 50 floors of Angel Trial just waiting for 50, one level away, so I can grab myself Amora asap

Lastly, and an actual question, so I got the mats to Purple Berserker, Nether and Elder dwarf....
Yet I only have the mats to either Purple Pyrona or Nereida currently.....which one do you guys recommend?
I am leaning toward Nereida as she can take Pyrona fireball np, has a stun and a great back rank nuke.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I've found a spot for Soul Slinger against teams with nasty or annoying specials. He also is pretty good at kicking off a tank murder with his own ultimate. I don't have mine particularly juiced, but he can crit that thing for like 14k.

I basically just run Dark Paladin and Elder Dwarf in the front, Berserker Claw and Djinni in the back and rotate Pyrona, Grimbow, Soul Slinger, and now Demon Hunter, depending on what my target has or what debuffs I want to apply.

You start getting purples pretty fast and furious, so whoever you find more useful in general is who you should upgrade, you'll get the materials for the others pretty quickly.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
It's there any point to worrying about runes before you purple someone? I have Shadowwraith and Loralei now. They both seem sort of underwhelming; am I wrong?

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

I'm gonna drop a big feast at 12 server. So yeah, ten minutes.

Yudo
May 15, 2003

I have Nyssa up to 3 stars; should I be investing in her further? Level 55 stones might be worth saving for.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Once you hit 50 you unlock amora who most people recommend getting asap.
Use Nyssa until new angel is also 3 stars

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
In the end I 4*ed both nyssa and amora because I was still 2 weeks away from the level 70s. You need 3 full teams for wharf and guild raid fights anyway, so it's not like you're wasting potions/gold keeping them both up to date.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?
Friendly reminder: At 5 AM server, Wharf rolls over & any still-active mines get eaten by the abyss. You have 1 hour to start a 6-hour mine, and 4 hours to start a 3-hour mine.

Plan accordingly!

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

Niton posted:

Friendly reminder: At 5 AM server, Wharf rolls over & any still-active mines get eaten by the abyss. You have 1 hour to start a 6-hour mine, and 4 hours to start a 3-hour mine.

Plan accordingly!

Big thanks for this reminder!
A lot of people just started 12 hour mines hope they see this and change

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Big thanks for this reminder!
A lot of people just started 12 hour mines hope they see this and change

Is this something new? Does that mean that u will only get the items that your mines farmed prior to 5am if your mine goes over 5am AND your mines will reset at 5am so that there will be no active mines after 5am?

• Locked thread