Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

The Minions were the best parts of those movies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Weird poo poo that speaks gibberish / limited english and screams a lot and gets into amusing antics is a solid formula.

I think this might be because you just described kids.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

NmareBfly posted:

I think this might be because you just described kids.

And small monkeys.

Anyone who doesn't find small monkeys amusing as hell is a deeply disturbed weirdo.

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Truest Detective - Work Crew Division.
:dong::yayclod:
Minions is going to make at least 4 times its budget. The Despicable Me movies made 1.5 billion dollars, and the second one made almost twice as much as the first. And there's a third one coming, which means Minions flopping would be very bad for the franchise. So they'll promote the hell out of it, and if projections are low, they'll dump even more money into promoting the hell out of it.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

The first Despicable Me was ok, and the Minions were probably the best part of it. I think making them into their own movie is probably a mistake, as the appeal was them popping up and doing wacky non-sequiter poo poo, so them being the A plot is going to be weird and kind of diminish that.

But it'll probably do gang busters.

ShufflerZero
Mar 21, 2009

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Anyone who doesn't find small monkeys amusing as hell is a deeply disturbed weirdo.

Or maybe they saw one of these movies at a young age.

84: Evil Evil Monkey! (admittedly not all of these are 'small')

(Phenomena AKA Creepers)

and who could forget... Hey! That's not a monkey!

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Shakma is so loving good.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Shakma has the best trailer voice over. (at 2:24)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2tnp4QCKtk

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
The orgasmic way he says ShakMAAAAAA! is amazing. Shakma owns because you don't need to do a drat thing to make baboons and mandrills terrifying.

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

All it comes down to is this: I feel like shit, but look great.
Shakma kills a bunch of nerds who are roleplaying therefore Shakma is a hero.

Glamorama26 fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Jun 14, 2015

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

The orgasmic way he says ShakMAAAAAA! is amazing. Shakma owns because you don't need to do a drat thing to make baboons and mandrills terrifying.

Shakma is adorable and the least threatening thing ever.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Hang on a second...

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
And yet a third movie about a evil toy monkey.

(aka this movie)

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Vagabundo posted:

Hang on a second...

Even Toy Story 3 recognizes that those things are creepy.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Except have a female baboon in heat on set which is why Shakma has an erection for most of the film.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Does that...make him easier to handle or something? Seems counterintuitive to me but what the hell do I know about training animals.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It makes him freak the gently caress out easier, which is conducive to a horror movie about a genetically modified baboon.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

ShufflerZero posted:

(Phenomena AKA Creepers)

This movie is loving amazing and The chimp is one of the heroes!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I haven't seen it, but isn't it a real monkey in monkey shine, not a toy?

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Does that...make him easier to handle or something? Seems counterintuitive to me but what the hell do I know about training animals.

It made him crazy. You can see in scenes where he's trying to bash down a door his erection because the female is behind it.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Skwirl posted:

I haven't seen it, but isn't it a real monkey in monkey shine, not a toy?

This is the real cover image for Monkey Shines:

It's a take on the cymbal monkey toy. Monkey with a straight razor, of course, is a reference to Murders in the Rue Morgue.

Mister Chief posted:

It made him crazy. You can see in scenes where he's trying to bash down a door his erection because the female is behind it.

Waffleman_ posted:

It makes him freak the gently caress out easier, which is conducive to a horror movie about a genetically modified baboon.

Man, that's terrifying.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Jun 14, 2015

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Almost as good as seeing Shakma, or better depending on your point of view:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAzZceRTmpc&hd=1

Spoiler alert: Shakma's really cute.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

This is the real cover image for Monkey Shines:

It's a take on the cymbal monkey toy. Monkey with a straight razor, of course, is a reference to Murders in the Rue Morgue.

You're misunderstanding his question. It is in fact a real rear end monkey and not a toy in the movie itself.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Mandrills are loving crazy looking

ShufflerZero
Mar 21, 2009

Vagabundo posted:

Hang on a second...

ShufflerZero
Mar 21, 2009

TheJoker138 posted:

You're misunderstanding his question. It is in fact a real rear end monkey and not a toy in the movie itself.

It's a real monkey.

PerpetualSelf
Apr 6, 2015

by Ralp

Now give it to someone as a avatar.

Jackapol
Sep 16, 2007
Huh huh buhhh.

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

This movie is loving amazing and The chimp is one of the heroes!

Whoa that posters one hell of a loving thing. Also A hero chimp with a straight razor, sign me the gently caress up.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Mister Chief posted:

That sounds like an astonishingly bad idea. My rule for keeping my face, hands and genitals intact is never excite an ape or monkey.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

davidspackage posted:

That sounds like an astonishingly bad idea. My rule for keeping my face, hands and genitals intact is never excite an ape or monkey.

You must lead such a boring life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6QIYxLs5TU

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Jackapol posted:

Whoa that posters one hell of a loving thing. Also A hero chimp with a straight razor, sign me the gently caress up.

Extra bonus points: it's Dario Argento at arguably the absolute top of his game, coming out between two of his best movies (Tenebre and Opera). Phenomena fuckin owns.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

LORD OF BUTT posted:

Extra bonus points: it's Dario Argento at arguably the absolute top of his game, coming out between two of his best movies (Tenebre and Opera). Phenomena fuckin owns.

Dario Argento's two best movies are Suspiria and Inferno.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Inferno had the best theme song.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

caligulamprey posted:

Inferno had the best theme song.

Suspiria and Inferno had fantastic soundtracks and the ending to Suspiria and its :krad: end credits song have stuck with me for years.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

LORD OF BUTT posted:

Jennifer Connelly at her best, Donald Pleasence in a hero role, the Chimp, psychic powers, a really badass serial killer, and Dario Argento. How can you not want to watch this right now?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nd765s-PFX0

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
The last twenty minutes or so of Phenomena are loving insane.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Skwirl posted:

Dario Argento's two best movies are Suspiria and Inferno.

Suspiria I can buy as a favorite, but Inferno? Really? :psyduck: The two I mentioned are way better than Inferno, and Tenebre even has a better score.

Kikka
Feb 10, 2010

I POST STUPID STUFF ABOUT DOCTOR WHO

This isn't THAT big a deal, as the monkey toy is an actual toy you can buy, and not a prop made exclusively for a movie.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

TheJoker138 posted:

No, I understood, the cover is supposed to be a joke, but censorship ruins the joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

When I went to see Jurassic World, the Minions trailer killed in a theater full of adults.