Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

goose fleet posted:

How long is it supposed to take Steam to refund me to my Steam wallet?

Took about five days in my case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

New Leaf posted:

It's kind of a fantasy Civilization 5. It's solid. If you get that, also look into Dungeon of the Endless- it's a very different game but ties in. Really addictive.

poo poo, now I want them both, ughhhhh.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

radlum posted:

Does Fallout 3 GOTY Edition ever go below 40%?

Yes. It regularly goes to 75% off. I expected it to happen when Bethesda was doing their E3 thing but I guess that's today. In any case it's almost sure to be a daily deal.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

New Leaf posted:

It's kind of a fantasy Civilization 5. It's solid. If you get that, also look into Dungeon of the Endless- it's a very different game but ties in. Really addictive.

Endless Legend is a LOT better than Civ 5, IMO. It brilliantly handles a lot of complicated systems (and has 8 factions that feel extremely distinct.)

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

goose fleet posted:

Took two days after I got the confirmation e-mail.

Also Endless Legend is good. The UI in particular is godlike.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Thanks juliuspringlesa for how to survive super califragalistic edition. seconds after hitting add to my wishlist

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/358480
DarkBase 01 dev ragequit today

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Many happy returns?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

goose fleet posted:

Took me 3-ish days?

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.
Did the tax rules change for Illinois residents or something? I'm being charged tax to buy something on Steam.

Edit: Yep. drat.

Stokes fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Jun 14, 2015

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Jordan7hm posted:

Yes. It regularly goes to 75% off. I expected it to happen when Bethesda was doing their E3 thing but I guess that's today. In any case it's almost sure to be a daily deal.
Its Fallout year, if it goes lower than 50% before Fallout 4 release I will be surprised because anyone left who doesn't own it has no choice if they want to play before Fallout 4 comes out.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

a nice goon gifted me Dawn of War II: Retribution – The Last Standalone which is awesome, but now steam thinks I already own the base game and wont let me purchase it. When I install and try to play the standalone its labelled as the base game but starting it only has the last stand. any ideas how to fix this? i would like to be able to get the base game while its on sale.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Flash sales bugged out for anyone else? Shows 33 hours until they update..

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack

$1.24 couldn't kill me. I just bought a copy for my library and an inventory copy. Maybe I can sell it for $200 a couple years from now.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Hey does anybody know if I'd lose out on the Payday 2 masks and Jacket character if I try and refund my Digital Deluxe Edition of Hotline Miami 2? I like using them.

Accordion Man fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Jun 14, 2015

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

I Am Frick posted:

$1.24 couldn't kill me. I just bought a copy for my library and an inventory copy. Maybe I can sell it for $200 a couple years from now.

Sounds like a wise investment.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

I Am Frick posted:

Supposedly right before the dev ragequit he upload a patch to Steam to make the monster basically unkillable. Soooooooooooooooo its a even more useless piece of software besides being a pretty lovely game.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Anyone have experience buying games from cdkeys.com? They have Witcher 3 GOG keys for pretty cheap and I want to know if they're legit.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

So I picked up Salt because I've had my eye on it and it's cheap, and it's a beautiful little exploration game with a lot of potential. I'm really digging it so far. And then.. I met an NPC. What the gently caress. No ball has ever been dropped harder in the history of ball-dropping. I know it's early access, but that poo poo needs to get fixed pronto.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

BexGu posted:

Supposedly right before the dev ragequit he upload a patch to Steam to make the monster basically unkillable. Soooooooooooooooo its a even more useless piece of software besides being a pretty lovely game.

This sounds like the perfect gift.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

For posterity:

Yes, this is an actual game's official Steam page and not a Greenlight joke entry from the time it just started.

Fucken lol:

quote:

ball status: taken -- destination: home

I've made the decision to start shutting down my game, DarkBase 01. Throughout the 2 years of this ordeal. I've learned one important thing - the gaming community has allot of growing up to do if they are ever to be taken seriously by the rest of the world. I've never witnessed such a vile and childish community of people - and if that's the way that they want to be - then so be it.

I'm in my 40's and I simply have no time for childish behaviour - so I'm putting the gaming community behind me - and frankly, it's getting boring. All I see now is drama and more drama - like a bloddy soap opera. I'm back in the graphic design community - where more mature people reside - and this is where I'll stay from here onward.
:ironicat:

Palpek fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Jun 14, 2015

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Palpek posted:

Fucken lol:

:ironicat:

So what happened? People made fun of his game so he ragequit on it?

Orv
May 4, 2011

Away all Goats posted:

His terrible, utterly atrocious game, yes.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

New Leaf posted:

So I picked up Salt because I've had my eye on it and it's cheap, and it's a beautiful little exploration game with a lot of potential. I'm really digging it so far. And then.. I met an NPC. What the gently caress. No ball has ever been dropped harder in the history of ball-dropping. I know it's early access, but that poo poo needs to get fixed pronto.

I need a bit more info. Was meeting an NPC bad?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

New Leaf posted:

Why, what happens? I tried the demo a while back but was turned off by having to start the game by trying to find a single chest on an island where everything looked exactly the same and no hints on where I'm supposed to find it.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
If you're going indie, or hell, going on any small sized business venture it is usually recommended to have some patience and thick skin to get you through the rougher times.
For some reason this seems to be sorely lacking in a lot of indie devs.

Ah well, more entertainment for those of us who weren't invested. Still not as good as the Paranautical activity drama though. This guy seems to have gone out more like a wet fart, was there any buildup to this?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Away all Goats posted:

Well, clearly that's because his game is so good that only trolls and children would badmouth it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Kx2aS95G1I

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost
All six people that bought the game are going to feel really ripped off.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

Fun Times! posted:

Anyone have experience buying games from cdkeys.com? They have Witcher 3 GOG keys for pretty cheap and I want to know if they're legit.

No.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Bully is pretty much the best Rockstar game not counting Red Dead Redemption, so anyone who doesn't have that owes it to themselves to get it for three bucks. I also thought Murdered: Soul Suspect was like a gajillion times better than the reviews gave it credit for.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Morter posted:

I need a bit more info. Was meeting an NPC bad?

Evil Mastermind posted:

Why, what happens? I tried the demo a while back but was turned off by having to start the game by trying to find a single chest on an island where everything looked exactly the same and no hints on where I'm supposed to find it.

The game is beautiful. I really like the style of the art. It mostly looks like this:

Look at that motherfucking deer. And those trees. The light, the grass. Even the bow. Beautiful.

The water is nice with good sun effects, the boats feel nice and smooth. Steering feels right.

...And this is a pirate:

New Leaf fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Jun 14, 2015

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

New Leaf posted:

...And this is a pirate:

:monocle:

Whoa I see your point.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

New Leaf posted:

...And this is a pirate:

They made Runescape first person?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I really hope they're placeholders until he gets a real model in place. They move exactly like you'd expect them to- like clay models.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Kly posted:

a nice goon gifted me Dawn of War II: Retribution – The Last Standalone which is awesome, but now steam thinks I already own the base game and wont let me purchase it. When I install and try to play the standalone its labelled as the base game but starting it only has the last stand. any ideas how to fix this? i would like to be able to get the base game while its on sale.

I bought both the DoW and DoW2 packs and it shows up as a bunch of individual titles and I have no idea if I need to install them all or what. I hate when games do that. :argh:

Sonel
Sep 14, 2007
Lipstick Apathy

Furnaceface posted:

I bought both the DoW and DoW2 packs and it shows up as a bunch of individual titles and I have no idea if I need to install them all or what. I hate when games do that. :argh:

Chaos Rising should install both DoW2 and Chaos Rising at the same time. Retribution was stand alone so you need to install that separately. You also get access to the last stand alone in Retribution. The old DoW game are all separate titles that you will need to individually install and launch.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I just reinstalled the Salt demo; I forgot it's a crafting game where you need wood and logs for stuff, but can't chop down trees. :confused:

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

"No" what? Never used it? Or it's a scam? When I googled about the site I couldn't find any negative experiences. I'm holding off on buying from them because it seems too good to be true, but I'd like to hear about experiences or what people have reported.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

Fun Times! posted:

"No" what? Never used it? Or it's a scam? When I googled about the site I couldn't find any negative experiences. I'm holding off on buying from them because it seems too good to be true, but I'd like to hear about experiences or what people have reported.

It's a cd key reseller. You have no recourse if anything happens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Evil Mastermind posted:

I just reinstalled the Salt demo; I forgot it's a crafting game where you need wood and logs for stuff, but can't chop down trees. :confused:

You find them on the ground in those areas.. It took me a while, but I don't hate not chopping trees.

• Locked thread