Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

track day bro! posted:

I think kai will be finished either this week or next, I think the current episode is gonna be Mr Satan telling earth to give their engergy to Son Gokuu's Genki Dama. This has been the first time i've seen the buu saga so i'm kinda guessing whats going to happen next because I saw it happen in Xenoverse.

If Goku's making his Genki Dama, then yeah, probably no more than 2-3 more episodes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Some Numbers posted:

If Goku's making his Genki Dama, then yeah, probably no more than 2-3 more episodes.

Close! Just in case someone DOESN'T want to know exactly how Kai does it: He starts building it for 2 episodes ( Very end of Episode 56 of the Buu arch, then all of 57, and throws it at the end of 57). Then once it's thrown for an entire episode apparently it's Buu pushing it back, until Goku is wished his power back, he goes SS and annihilates Kid Buu. That last part is the latest episode airing today.

It's a little sad that you were rather on point even with it being Kai. :v: Granted though, the ACTUAL time spent making it and launching the attack is a pittance in comparison to the non-slimmed down version.

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty
Obligatory: http://youtu.be/GnPN2yOup9E

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

track day bro! posted:

Son Gokuu's Genki Dama.

this is just vile

SeXTcube
Jan 1, 2009

It's called the Spirit Blast guys.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
We at least have a good idea that they won't retcon out Uub, but Goten/Trunks not aging is still up in the air for the end of Z tournament.

Here's a screencap of the recent outtro for Kai:

That's pretty obviously Uub standing behind Goku.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Pretty hard to retcon out a character that's in the manga

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Namtab posted:

Pretty hard to retcon out a character that's in the manga

Like when Toriyama retconned Goku's head trauma? Yeah.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I'm just glad Goku's finally getting a chance to be a civie and do normal people-things for a change, there's not a single desolate wasteland or exploded cliff in that shot

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

A Steampunk Gent posted:

I'm just glad Goku's finally getting a chance to be a civie and do normal people-things for a change, there's not a single desolate wasteland or exploded cliff in that shot

This is why I like Scarfku.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Drowning Rabbit posted:

Like when Toriyama retconned Goku's head trauma? Yeah.

What are you talking about?

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Covok posted:

What are you talking about?

Read Jaco the Galactic Patrolman, where he talks about Goku being good because of his upbringing, NOT getting bonked on the head.

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty

Drowning Rabbit posted:

Read Jaco the Galactic Patrolman, where he talks about Goku being good because of his upbringing, NOT getting bonked on the head.

Well, most likely the bonk still happened, but instead of "turning Goku good" it just gave him amnesia. Per Jaco, Goku was actually a small child and not a baby when Gohan took him in.

And it so happens that I bought Jaco on my trip so I have pics handy!

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

A Steampunk Gent posted:

Goku spends the first several episodes working at his day job as a driving instructor and filing his taxes while Vegeta, Goten and Trunks go on a dimensional road trip beating up Gods, surfing in galactic oceans and eating poo poo loads of meat.

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

Drowning Rabbit posted:

You mean he was bonked on the head AND raised by a good person? I don't know if I can believe a character can have two things happen to them in their backstory, this is highly irregular.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

FallenGod posted:

You mean he was bonked on the head AND raised by a good person? I don't know if I can believe a character can have two things happen to them in their backstory, this is highly irregular.

Its really dumb and makes the bonk pointless.

Though his weird obession with making Goku's pa a good guy is really dumb anyway.

dogs named Charlie
Apr 5, 2009

by exmarx
Goku was born with a tail, and he was dropped on his head as a baby.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

Xibanya posted:

Well, most likely the bonk still happened, but instead of "turning Goku good" it just gave him amnesia. Per Jaco, Goku was actually a small child and not a baby when Gohan took him in.

And it so happens that I bought Jaco on my trip so I have pics handy!

Did Raditz make an appearance?

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Squallege posted:

Did Raditz make an appearance?

Yeah, they apparently handwave it away by saying "he was with Vegeta the whole time" or some bullshit.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
DBM is getting real exciting again!

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
Main graphic up on the DBSuper website: http://www.toei-anim.co.jp/tv/dragon_s/

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Get hype for Fat Beerus

e: from a timeline where he ate all the pudding

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Fat Beerus = evil Beerus?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

bowmore posted:

Fat Beerus = evil Beerus?

I'm guessing that's a destruction god from another universe.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

TheKingofSprings posted:

I'm guessing that's a destruction god from another universe.
I know, but he's fat and evil looking

and there is a girl Whiis

I'm glad Piccolo and Krillin seem to have prominence in the image, and Gohan is in the background

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

bowmore posted:

I'm glad Piccolo and Krillin seem to have prominence in the image, and Gohan is in the background

That's what we said about RoF...

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Why are they back to Vegeta's Cell Saga outfit? I know he has it in Battle of Gods but he got the new stuff for Revival of French. Plus I like the Buu saga gear better.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

facebook jihad posted:

Yeah, they apparently handwave it away by saying "he was with Vegeta the whole time" or some bullshit.

This isn't anything new, even in the original anime (and I'm guessing the manga as well) Raditz said that he survived because he was in another planet with another Saiyan, while the third Saiyan was on a mission alone. History of Bardock ignores this and has Vegeta with Nappa when Planet Vegeta is destroyed, but originally Raditz had to be with either Nappa or Vegeta. Minus just confirms that he was with Vegeta and Nappa was alone.

New Leaf posted:

Why are they back to Vegeta's Cell Saga outfit? I know he has it in Battle of Gods but he got the new stuff for Revival of French. Plus I like the Buu saga gear better.

Super seems to ignore Resurrection "F". Goku is back to using the blond Super Saiyan, and Goku, Vegeta and Krillin have gone back to their Battle of Gods designs.

Now, the question is, why? Battle of Gods and Resurrection "F" are very much part of a whole, both were made with heavy Toriyama input, are canon (at the very least, Battle of Gods, as Freeza mentions Super Saiyan God in Minus), and there's no reason to not take both. My personal idea is that Resurrection "F"'s events got retconned out of existance by Whis-F, as she likely has the same time-rewinding powers Whis-M does. After all, Goku and Vegeta have gone beyond Gods, and are able to rival Beerus together and will only become even stronger, that's far too dangerous to allow if Fat Beerus will be an antagonist. Out-of-canon, this would allow Krillin, Piccolo, Gohan, Goten and Trunks to catch up more easily, since after Resurrection "F"'s events Goku and Vegeta are just way beyond everyone else. This is only my personal theory though, it's likely to be wrong.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
What if Super is set in-between Gods and F?

bowmore fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Jun 15, 2015

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I like how Goten is in the Chinese prince gear, while Trunks is in a hoodie and jeans. Really indicates their characters and the whole "Trunks has to live in society" thing

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Maybe there's a whole fat universe that's basically Dragon Ball Wall-E.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

bowmore posted:

What if Super is set in-between Gods and F?

Perhaps it starts between it, then timeskips to after it, and finally timeskips again to Uub stuff.

That would be cool.

also fatcat beerus haha this is great

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!
You know, with all this God Ki running around now, I wonder if it would be possible for characters like Krillin and Piccolo to awaken to it as well? Could pull some bullshit about how their bodies absorbed part of that energy and awoke to it. Piccolo especially wouldn't be hard to justify, with all his meditation.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
"It's a God Ki bargain sale" - Vegeta

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

I'm gonna RENOVATE your ass!
Help, I'm getting irrationally angry at the implied lack of flying on her own for Videl. I know ~Toriyama~ but it's literally the whole of her introduction arc.

I'm half expecting the first episode (where all this comes from) to be a massive troll, and be set in Fat Beerus' universe.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Kithkar posted:

Help, I'm getting irrationally angry at the implied lack of flying on her own for Videl. I know ~Toriyama~ but it's literally the whole of her introduction arc.

Is there anything implying such other than that poster? Because, legit girlfriend syndrome gripes aside, I don't think we should take a ton from a dude carrying his girlfriend (wife? Are they married yet? Pan's been born, right?) bridal style besides "Aw look at those cutie pies".

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

bowmore posted:

"It's a God Ki bargain sale" - Vegeta

I unironically hope that a situation arises so that the dub can use this line.

Spiritus Nox posted:

Is there anything to it other than that poster? Because, legit girlfriend syndrome gripes aside, I don't think we should take a ton from a dude carrying his girlfriend (wife? Are they married yet? Pan's been born, right?) bridal style besides "Aw look at those cutie pies".

They got married before Battle of Gods.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Kithkar posted:

I'm half expecting the first episode (where all this comes from) to be a massive troll, and be set in Fat Beerus' universe.

I totally get what you feel, but I kinda give it a pass because Gohan and Videl are basically Lois Lane and Superman, if Superman's dad was an even stronger Superman.

Hell someone should just draw Superdickery covers but with Gohan/Videl/Goku.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Goku's pose is very weird in that promo. It's like he's trying to dig or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I hope Fat Beerus is just his brother or something, if all the gods he talked about are different versions of him that'd be boring.

• Locked thread