Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
Hey nongman! Sleytang!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

feedmyleg posted:

Because podcasters like Scott and Jimmy Pardo legitimized the medium for the masses years ago, only to be told again and again in 2014 that podcasts had finally become legitimized thanks to Serial.

So they're babies who don't understand that things can be legitimized to different audiences at different rates?

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
Big ups to people of all different Stars & Stripes

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Tatum Girlparts posted:

So they're babies who don't understand that things can be legitimized to different audiences at different rates?

Maybe they just think it's funny that people who are so late to podcasting are just now saying it's "the new big thing".

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

"I have an observation" "Someone call Griffith" is by far the worst Scott Aukermanism I have heard to date. There's gotta be a hall of fame for that.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

ElCondemn posted:

Maybe they just think it's funny that people who are so late to podcasting are just now saying it's "the new big thing".

But like, it is. I mean it's gone from a legitimate source for things like comics to get exposure which is great to a much more universal source for poo poo like TV shows to have 'official podcasts' and radio dramas to come back as a fairly big thing and a bunch of other ways. It just feels like some kinda weird bubble to get all huffy over people saying podcasts are a new medium for a large amount of people just because they aren't new for a kinda niche crowd.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

You suck dude

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea fair

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

This is true.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I will join in and say that TG sucks.

Scott's big mistake was having two guests who pick on him on the same show. You need to curb a Zooks with a Daly, who is far too polite to tell anyone that they're having a stroke.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Can't really argue there, I do suck.

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014

A rare good opinion in this thread.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

piratepilates posted:

"I have an observation" "Someone call Griffith" is by far the worst Scott Aukermanism I have heard to date. There's gotta be a hall of fame for that.

But hoo-boy was it saved by Tompkins! "Call me D.W. Griffith because I found that Intolerable!"

Tatum Girlparts posted:

You do know that they're playing it up for comedy, right?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I was too used to people actually getting salty about poo poo like that and kneejerked because I'm dumb as poo poo.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

Quick question for the room: what if ET said ET No Homo?

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

That was a really good episode dang.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

the two seconds in the plug section where mantzoukas and scott briefly considered trying to explain marvel's "secret wars" to mike the janitor was my favorite podcast moment of the year

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

piratepilates posted:

"Resets pieces"

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

That was a really good episode dang.

Basically any episode where PFT strictly shows up as a character is going to be a hit.

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Very strong. Everyone likes me.
Great loving episode.

Also Andy Daly did some pretty Andy Daly poo poo on the new wompler podcast that dropped today.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Bucket Joneses posted:

Basically any episode where PFT strictly shows up as a character is going to be a hit.

Though, now that I'm near the end of this episode, Paul is quickly losing any semblance of kayfabe.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
It took me much longer than I'm comfortable admitting to realize the 'former girlfriend whom I married' joke was Scott trying to finally kill 'MA WIFE.'

Also, great episode. Anytime J-dog can spend an hour just poking holes in premises is beautiful.

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014

Thoogsby posted:

Great loving episode.

Also Andy Daly did some pretty Andy Daly poo poo on the new wompler podcast that dropped today.

And it features off-mic PFT laughs near the end!

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
It's like Abbott trying to be Costello.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
Hey! Nong man!

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

it's on like donkey nong

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

Big ups to people of all different Stars & Stripes

Of all the moments in this grepisode, this one made me laugh the hardest. Well, tied with "E.T. no homo."

I got legit mad at 'Zouks for pronouncing it as "Reesee Peecees," just as I have gotten irrationally mad with everybody who I have ever heard pronounce it like that. This has been going on since elementary school. 20-odd years of me just loving furious about this.

YOU WOULDN'T SAY "THIS IS A PEE-CEE OF THE ONE TRUE CROSS" drat IT

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

This is also how I feel about people who say fudge-icle and Super Mare-ee-oh Brothers.

anotherone
Feb 8, 2001
Username taken, please choose another one

JethroMcB posted:

I got legit mad at 'Zouks for pronouncing it as "Reesee Peecees," just as I have gotten irrationally mad with everybody who I have ever heard pronounce it like that. This has been going on since elementary school. 20-odd years of me just loving furious about this.

Zouks also does a whole thing about the pronunciation of "Reeses Pieces" in an episode of HDTGM- I think it was the "Mac and Me" episode.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
That was an ep with PFT too, hence the "have we talked about this?" "We haven't" exchange

anotherone
Feb 8, 2001
Username taken, please choose another one
HA! I missed that. DEEP

Alikchi
Aug 18, 2010

Thumbs up I agree

What live episodes do you folks recommend? I feel like spending some money.

freeipods
Jul 3, 2007

skip the Kristen Schaal chicago one

the bundle of twelve or so they did for the 2013 tour are all winners

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

Alikchi posted:

What live episodes do you folks recommend? I feel like spending some money.

I went to the 2014 live episode starring American Football which was great

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

anotherone posted:

Zouks also does a whole thing about the pronunciation of "Reeses Pieces" in an episode of HDTGM- I think it was the "Mac and Me" episode.

It's def not that episode because that's like Ep #10 (I just listened to it, it's still a great episode).

If anyone can recall the episode where REESEE PIECEES first comes up, please pipe up.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
I don't remember exactly which one, but it's one of the very recent ones. Like 5-10 episodes back at most, I think.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
"ET no homo" belongs right up there with "stories about mordor go fifth in the ordor" in the category of the greatest jokes of all time.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

power botton posted:

I went to the 2014 live episode starring American Football which was great

this was fantastic but i worry the live recording will miss out on the incredible facial expressions of the Zouks every time the bass drum kicked in above him

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

I don't think it would be great recorded because a lot of the humor was in the moment + watching Todd berry sit completely silent for an hour with a look on his face like he's remembering the lost times of his youth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

Yeah you guys are probably right before people spend money on it but the zooks was great on it