Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Tei posted:

Why not the obvious answer. The vault have some type of cryostasis tech, so the people there have a experience of weeks and not years inside the vault.

Cryotech has always resulted in the person dying after being defrosted, according to Fallout 2's Private Dobbs and even Mr. House because the technology just wasn't there yet. Unless Bethesda is going to straight up ignore that, which wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002

Azhais posted:

I hope they replace bottlecaps with Patriots Superbowl rings for the regional currency.

First DLC--travel to post-nuke Moscow to kill ghoulified not-Putin to get back ghoulified not-Robert Kraft's Super Bowl ring

Count Canuckula
Oct 22, 2014

Sheen Sheen posted:

First DLC--travel to post-nuke Moscow to kill ghoulified not-Putin to get back ghoulified not-Robert Kraft's Super Bowl ring

Unrelated to this discussion can someone copyright a fan-fic?

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Cryotech has always resulted in the person dying after being defrosted, according to Fallout 2's Private Dobbs and even Mr. House because the technology just wasn't there yet. Unless Bethesda is going to straight up ignore that, which wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Through the magic of MIT and possobly West-Tec the technology now exists. It was just a secret Vault thing before he war. Problem solved.

Edit: \/\/\/

As a gay man I've never understood the desperate need to shoehorn queer people into every facet of story telling. I don't care if I can fake marry my digital husbando in the totally not judgement atomic future. That's just creepy.

Psychotic Weasel fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Jun 15, 2015

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Pleasantly surprised by the E3 showing. Graphics look good, gameplay looks improved, VATS looks better (no more stuttering the key to get that slightly different angle), the customization options look GREAT, I like that they lifted the wasteland settler mod so I can make my own little hideout with defenses.

Really happy it is coming out in Nov. Looks like an excellent framework for modding. Now to not pay attention to anything Fallout for a few months so the hype train doesn't disappoint me.

Oh and lol if you're already mad about something. There's never ever been a gay person that realized they were gay after getting married and having a kid, basically all the Fallout games have a set character intro. TES are the ones that are just 'you're some random prisoner dude good luck.'

Yeah it probably won't have great writing but who cares that's what the next iteration will be for. This one is just advancing the engine and framework for us like F3 did.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Count Canuckula posted:

Unrelated to this discussion can someone copyright a fan-fic?

original character do not steal

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Psychotic Weasel posted:

Through the magic of MIT and possobly West-Tec the technology now exists. It was just a secret Vault thing before he war. Problem solved.

That's just a giant copout to explain away inconsistencies though.

Also in the inevitable Cthulhu Mythos DLC, I hope you can rebuild Innsmouth and recruit worshippers of Dagon.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

oblomov posted:

Man, everybody is going nuts over skills even though Bethesda didn't reveal a leveling system. I think that we should wait just a tad before breaking out the pitchforks.

Overall the built-in crafting should help to eliminate bunch of mods that you have to run now, same with VATS improvements, housing and all the other poo poo.

I wonder if ammo crafting aand different ammo is still in, I really hope so. Armor handling looks better as well. As long as mod support is good, leveling can be fixed.

I'd like the different ammo but I could really dispense with ammo crafting. It was the one annoying thing I couldn't get into because my feeble mind couldn't figure it out within 4 seconds.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

What's this about Cthulu and fishpeople, did I miss anything while I was in class???

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
Hell, isn't there already kinda-sorts a precedent for the Lovecraft stuff in the Bethesda Falloutverse?

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Yeah there was the Dunwich Building in fallout 3, and even a quest in Point Lookout that expanded on that if you wanted the Good Karma resolution for it!

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.

Sheen Sheen posted:

Hell, isn't there already kinda-sorts a precedent for the Lovecraft stuff in the Bethesda Falloutverse?

The nearest thing is the Dunwich Building in 3. It was a fun diversion because it was creepy and subtle. Not LOL guys - elder gods am i rite.

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009

Sheen Sheen posted:

I would buy that in an instant

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010
It didn't really look like different ammo was in. All the ammo counters and stuff looked like they only supported one ammo per weapon. Didn't see anything that really indicated that it's a possibility.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

frajaq posted:

What's this about Cthulu and fishpeople, did I miss anything while I was in class???

Nah. Fallout 3 had Lovecraftian quests but just the fact the game is set in Massachusetts and Lovecraft's works take place in Arkham or Innsmouth, fictional places in Massachusetts. A Lovecraft themed DLC would be kind of cool and easy to do since it's in the public domain.

Count Canuckula
Oct 22, 2014

Zeron posted:

It didn't really look like different ammo was in. All the ammo counters and stuff looked like they only supported one ammo per weapon. Didn't see anything that really indicated that it's a possibility.

See I'm okay with this. It sucked having to scour the wasteland looking for ammo for plasma weapons and only finding laser weapon ammo for the first half of the game- Then it becomes the opposite for the other half.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Nah. Fallout 3 had Lovecraftian quests but just the fact the game is set in Massachusetts and Lovecraft's works take place in Arkham or Innsmouth, fictional places in Massachusetts. A Lovecraft themed DLC would be kind of cool and easy to do since it's in the public domain.

Oh I knew that, I though the Xbone footage showed something like that (because I haven't seen it yet)

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Psychotic Weasel posted:

The nearest thing is the Dunwich Building in 3. It was a fun diversion because it was creepy and subtle. Not LOL guys - elder gods am i rite.

there was some business with an evil book in the basement of a mansion in point lookout but i cant remember the name of anything in game. it was pretty explicitly the necronomicon

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Psychotic Weasel posted:

Edit: \/\/\/

As a gay man I've never understood the desperate need to shoehorn queer people into every facet of story telling. I don't care if I can fake marry my digital husbando in the totally not judgement atomic future. That's just creepy.
VaultTec is a comically evil company and every vault was designed to be an ethically bankrupt sociology or biology experiment. I guess if everybody else was killed by it it falls under that purview but it seems a little too benevolent for a vault gimmick.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

Psychotic Weasel posted:

The interesting thing about Bethesda games is that the main story stuff and important plotlines are always full of clumsy writing and design but when you wander off into the wilderness, you'll find some random cave that is impressively well crafted and interesting to explore.

I'm thinking it might be the same thing as with Blizzard: the people in charge of writing the important stuff are people who joined the company early on but don't really have that much talent (see: Chris Metzen), and the people writing the unimportant stuff are the new blood who actually have some good ideas still.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Psychotic Weasel posted:

Alternative : You only 'barely survived' the nuke and were fading fast, so your consciousness was uploaded to a vault computer before your body died entirely. And now you're a robot/android/whatever.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
Want to take bets on your son turning out to still be alive and the semi-robotic Big Bad?

I'm also expecting the plot to be a bit of a rehash of the Master, but with robots instead of Super Mutants.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Oh poo poo I didn't notice the ayyyy lmao before

They look cooler than the ones in Zeta

khy
Aug 15, 2005

I'm just praying that Tabitha and Rhonda make an appearance in the game.

Utobitha will live once more, once the Vault Survivor builds a super mutant haven for her to perform a hostile takeover of!

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
they said that your character was the lone survivor from the vault. his family could still be alive through some technicality i suppose, but that doesn't seem like it leaves a lot of wiggle room.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Rinkles posted:

Still confused by this poo poo

I just figured out what this is. This plays when you get a critical strike in VATS.

Count Canuckula
Oct 22, 2014
yeah looks like there is a Crits bar that fills up over time, and then you can pop it whenever

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Moridin920 posted:

Pleasantly surprised by the E3 showing. Graphics look good, gameplay looks improved, VATS looks better (no more stuttering the key to get that slightly different angle), the customization options look GREAT, I like that they lifted the wasteland settler mod so I can make my own little hideout with defenses.

Really happy it is coming out in Nov. Looks like an excellent framework for modding. Now to not pay attention to anything Fallout for a few months so the hype train doesn't disappoint me.

Oh and lol if you're already mad about something. There's never ever been a gay person that realized they were gay after getting married and having a kid, basically all the Fallout games have a set character intro. TES are the ones that are just 'you're some random prisoner dude good luck.'

Yeah it probably won't have great writing but who cares that's what the next iteration will be for. This one is just advancing the engine and framework for us like F3 did.

nerds mad at cool video game

im shocked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

khy posted:

Alternative : You only 'barely survived' the nuke and were fading fast, so your consciousness was uploaded to a vault computer before your body died entirely. And now you're a robot/android/whatever.

I'd be super stoked for this

Deus Ex Fallout: I never asked for this

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Nelson Mandingo posted:

I just figured out what this is. This plays when you get a critical strike in VATS.
The Luck description mentions that it affects recharge rate of Critical Hits. The row next to "Crit" appears to be meter since there were shots of it being partially filled. If I were to hazard a guess Critical Hits are no longer going to be random but can be triggered at will, which then takes up a certain amount of "Critical Hit" resource.

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

frajaq posted:

How does it feel to incentive the literal raping of a beloved video game series?????

learn a better metaphor and go gently caress yourself

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

frajaq posted:

How does it feel to incentive the literal raping of a beloved video game series?????

good

please don't use rape so casually

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

I just wanted to be crawlkill for a second

(i like this video game)

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

Lester Shy posted:

"Mods created on the PC, will be able to be transferred, played and shared, for free - on Xbox One. #Fallout4 #E32015"

https://twitter.com/Bethblog/status/610491547595902977

LMAO if that means you have to pay for mods on PC while they're free on XBone.

yeah it in no way means that. if they want to bring paid mods over there is absolutely no way they'd pass up the potential revenue from consoles

MY ABACUS!
Oct 7, 2003

Katamari do your best!
The facial animations look really bad for 2015. It's like talking to a Big Mouth Billy Bass.

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.

Moridin920 posted:

I'd be super stoked for this

Deus Ex Fallout: I never asked for this

I honestly suspect this is the actual story. Its so drat cleche but I don't put it passed them.

You're the robot, whata twist! Also man is the most evil creature in nature, yadda, yadda, yadda...

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Count Canuckula posted:

yeah looks like there is a Crits bar that fills up over time, and then you can pop it whenever

That might be better than the typical % of the time thing, depending on how it's implemented. I know in Skyrim when you hit something thirty times and get the crit message 3 of them, it feels really unsatisfying, partially because they way they calculate damage doesn't count a lot of the important modifiers. If it's legit like, a thing you can save up to loving waste half a boss's health, cool.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

frajaq posted:

:yikes:

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

I imagine Bethesda.net will be part of that whole modding on the xbox one thing. Cool if it works though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Yeah, they may do some gatekeeping on the mods that go on their official website, which will be the ones that can port over to console, and let offsite places handle a plethora of mods that will only work on PC. Who knows, though? Still too early to tell. As long as it doesn't screw up the PC mod experience, I'm all for it.

• Locked thread