Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

precision posted:

It looks like This War of Mine only cartoony. Too bad it sounds like the gameplay is nowhere near as good :(

Its a building management game like Tiny Tower or SimTower. Its not really like This War Of Mine at all.

Here's some gameplay footage if anyone is interested how it's like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hl4R1v3RuHE

edit: Huh, looks like you can send out people on expeditions, a bit like TWOM. I guess I was wrong.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Jun 16, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Respectable Bespectacled Receptacle
Does Google have a thing against Reddit threads? I have been searching for anything more than single wikia thread questions for info on Shattered Pixel Dungeon for a couple days now for info on all the reworked stuff since I played the base game after it originally came out, and it wasn't until I specifically added "reddit" to my search string that it immediately popped up with the dev's post linking to exactly what I needed. My Google-Fu is usually pretty good for a layman, so that was really weird.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Deakul posted:

Are there any games like Doom/Wolfenstein RPG? Like first person turn based RPGs, I found my old motorola clam shell phone and it still had some games installed on it and these were it.

I suppose I mean games like Eye of the Beholder too, but I was hoping Doom RPG itself has gotten ported by now. :negative:

QuestLord?

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011

Still doesn't work on the Note4 for whatever reason. :/

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Pretty much the only thing that comes close. It's not really as tactical as DoomRPG/Orcs&Elves in terms of positioning. O&E got a DS version, right? Maybe emulate that?

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

mrkillboy posted:

Its a building management game like Tiny Tower or SimTower.

BTW , I have Droid Towers. Is it worth it?

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got

Haerc posted:

Still doesn't work on the Note4 for whatever reason. :/

I thought I saw it was only in a few countries, which shows incompatible rather than actually being compatible with newer devices.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

Locke Dunnegan posted:

Does Google have a thing against Reddit threads? I have been searching for anything more than single wikia thread questions for info on Shattered Pixel Dungeon for a couple days now for info on all the reworked stuff since I played the base game after it originally came out, and it wasn't until I specifically added "reddit" to my search string that it immediately popped up with the dev's post linking to exactly what I needed. My Google-Fu is usually pretty good for a layman, so that was really weird.

i just gave it a google and got what i assume is the reddit post you're referring to plus what i assume is the dev's tumblr

maybe it's a regional thing?

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Potsticker posted:

Pretty much the only thing that comes close. It's not really as tactical as DoomRPG/Orcs&Elves in terms of positioning. O&E got a DS version, right? Maybe emulate that?

My tablet's not really strong enough to handle DS games. :negative:

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Deakul posted:

Sorry, QuestLord is it, then. I mean, it's still fun!

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Deakul posted:

How about the GBA? I think there was an Eye of the Beholder released for it a log time ago. Not sure how it compares though.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
Those of you who played the trace: there's a clue in the fire ravaged diner that I simply can't find and I think I've clicked almost every available pixel. I'm certain it'll be something stupid I've missed a hundred times but in the clue tree it's the clue next to the 'who is the woman and what's her connection' clue (top right of the tree). It remains dark. Someone please help before I throw my phone in a toilet.

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010
For anyone who liked MinuteQuest, the guy has released a sequel, MinuteDungeon. Looks pretty good.

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

stickyfngrdboy posted:

Those of you who played the trace: there's a clue in the fire ravaged diner that I simply can't find and I think I've clicked almost every available pixel. I'm certain it'll be something stupid I've missed a hundred times but in the clue tree it's the clue next to the 'who is the woman and what's her connection' clue (top right of the tree). It remains dark. Someone please help before I throw my phone in a toilet.

it's probably the same one that took me a while. there's a bullet stuck in the wall behind her where the shattered sign fell. you have to pull the bullet out of the wall and analyze the blood on it.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Deep Winter posted:

For anyone who liked MinuteQuest, the guy has released a sequel, MinuteDungeon. Looks pretty good.

I'll check it out. MinuteQuest was pretty fun.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

bunky posted:

it's probably the same one that took me a while. there's a bullet stuck in the wall behind her where the shattered sign fell. you have to pull the bullet out of the wall and analyze the blood on it.

Thanks but I already got that one. The last clue in the list at the bottom (where you drag them from) is the one im missing, if that helps anyone further.

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

stickyfngrdboy posted:

Thanks but I already got that one. The last clue in the list at the bottom (where you drag them from) is the one im missing, if that helps anyone further.

check the clip in the gun where the dude is laying with all the forks and knives in him, or check the bullets in the revolver of other dude

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Deep Winter posted:

Cool the first one was fun until I got bored of it

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Bethesda says Fallout Shelter is coming out for android "in a few months."

So... when Fallout 4 is out and nobody cares about it anymore.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Locke Dunnegan posted:

Does Google have a thing against Reddit threads?
Reddit and similar sites can be a serious bog for search spidering speed and successful hit rate, since potentially every single popular thread might have words which match your search string, in the comments.

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Text BEEP to 43527 for the dancing robot!
Pillbug

Funkmaster General posted:

Bethesda says Fallout Shelter is coming out for android "in a few months."

So... when Fallout 4 is out and nobody cares about it anymore.

This makes me real sad. I was hoping to play fallout shelter.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Square Enix announced both a new Kingdom Hearts and Lara Croft game for mobiles at E3 today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYIASglIPaM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGsfyovk2uk

As a big fan of Hitman GO I can't wait to see this Tomb Raider take on it.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

The Lara Croft one looks good, but that Kingdom Hearts thing looks like poo.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

MinuteDungeon Trip Report: Imagine MinuteQuest, but now instead if just holding a direction you constantly have to tap a third button to switch the plane you're moving on Fatal Fury style, plus there are trap spaces you have to avoid by moving back and forth until they fade and you can pass safely. Oh, and you can only have four weapons and four armor on you at any one time-- and you can have/get duplicates.

I really can't see putting too much more time into it.

BrightGreenLine
Sep 2, 2004
oh :gonk:

coyo7e posted:

Reddit and similar sites can be a serious bog for search spidering speed and successful hit rate, since potentially every single popular thread might have words which match your search string, in the comments.

I never used to get reddit threads as google results, and then I started reading reddit. Now I get them much more often, when they're relevant.

I bet it's part of their mystery algorithm.

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Wendell posted:

The Lara Croft one looks good, but that Kingdom Hearts thing looks like poo.

KH Mobile just looks so slow.

I mean it's not just that it looks like it'll be full of challengeless fetch quests and busy work, or that I really doubt that the combat will be any good, or that they'll try to bleed our wallets dry and put in a ton of social bullshit...

But more than anything the UI and the responsiveness just doesn't seem to 'pop', you know what I mean? Like they know they're making a poo poo game and so they're half-assing the implementation.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Pako just got updated with a bunch of unlockables including a quartet of new levels and a whole heap of new cars.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Edit: whoops, new page I didn't see.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Potsticker posted:

MinuteDungeon Trip Report: Imagine MinuteQuest, but now instead if just holding a direction you constantly have to tap a third button to switch the plane you're moving on Fatal Fury style, plus there are trap spaces you have to avoid by moving back and forth until they fade and you can pass safely. Oh, and you can only have four weapons and four armor on you at any one time-- and you can have/get duplicates.

I really can't see putting too much more time into it.

I deleted it 5 minutes in. The last thing MinuteQuest needed was more complex mechanics.

EvilElmo
May 10, 2009
What should i do with the dust in YMBAB? Save it or use it on weapon upgrades?

Slo-Tek
Jun 8, 2001

WINDOWS 98 BEAT HIS FRIEND WITH A SHOVEL

EvilElmo posted:

What should i do with the dust in YMBAB? Save it or use it on weapon upgrades?

Use it on upgrades, that is what it is for. You'll almost certainly have plenty to spare by the time you have upgraded everything, and still not finished the first runthrough.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

BrightGreenLine posted:

I never used to get reddit threads as google results, and then I started reading reddit. Now I get them much more often, when they're relevant.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was some weighting going on in the back-end which is based on browsing habits and history for sure! It's kind of like typing the name of a franchise store or restaurant into the google search bar and it auto-corrects for your location and provides a local store address and phone, first. :D

For instance, whenever I begin typing a question related to fishing, google tends to propagate the first page of results with 1-6 threads from local fishing forums which I regularly visit. :)

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

BrightGreenLine posted:

http://searchengineland.com/google-now-personalizes-everyones-search-results-31195

It's been in action since 2009.

edit: browse in incognito mode or wipe your cookies to get accurate rankings.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."

Slo-Tek posted:

Use it on upgrades, that is what it is for. You'll almost certainly have plenty to spare by the time you have upgraded everything, and still not finished the first runthrough.

I finished the first run through with plenty of upgrades still to get, and I was always starving for dust... Second time through might be different.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Ymbab q: how the gently caress do I use five items in one run? At most I see like two in a long/successful run. Also I don't know what a crate bomb is or how to destroy ten crates with it. These quests got kind of dumb.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Ymbab q: how the gently caress do I use five items in one run? At most I see like two in a long/successful run. Also I don't know what a crate bomb is or how to destroy ten crates with it. These quests got kind of dumb.

At some point you get a bar with potions, one which increases object frequency.

The crate bomb is simply the bomb sometimes appearing. Pile up crates until a bomb appears.

Most of the quests I never really got any problem with since tiles are quite random. Repeat the runs until you complete the quest without even noticing it.

The best strategy seems to simply try to match everything as fast as possible unless you are almost out of the screen, then focus on what you really need. The game rewards getting the most matches, not getting exactly what you need to progress.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
The folks who made the original Puzzle Quest have a new game called Gems of War, which looks very much like Puzzle Quest.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Ymbab q: how the gently caress do I use five items in one run? At most I see like two in a long/successful run.
At some point you get a thing that lets items stay on the board between runs, though I don't remember where exactly that comes from or how early/late that particular challenge is so that may not be very helpful.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

mrkillboy posted:

The folks who made the original Puzzle Quest have a new game called Gems of War, which looks very much like Puzzle Quest.

Yeah but it also looks like Puzzles and Dragons or any of those "Collect dudes puzzle games" and I don't like those. :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

precision posted:

Yeah but it also looks like Puzzles and Dragons or any of those "Collect dudes puzzle games" and I don't like those. :mad:

Yeah, I don't understand the fascination with those either. :(:hf::(