Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

alnilam posted:

I do love the dinos in suits, but this is a pretty lazy "a movie happened and also republicans are bad" from Rogers. He's usually better, or at least gives us the Crazy Eyes! :pwn:

There's also the added "Republicans like dinosaurs because they ARE dinosaurs :razz:" angle, but that's really not enough to carry the cartoon either

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

loquacius posted:

There's also the added "Republicans like dinosaurs because they ARE dinosaurs :razz:" angle, but that's really not enough to carry the cartoon either

Whenever Rogers does something like this, I always figure it was his backup for some "Smash the State!" piece his editor refused to run.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

At least it's not a man explaining that he is watching the Republican TV debates to his blind wife.

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk
Did you know that Jake Tapper, a CNN anchorman, used to be a political cartoonist?

Well, he went back to the drawing table to draw a cover for the Roll Call newspaper.

Mister Beeg fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Jun 16, 2015

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Mister Beeg posted:

Did you know that Jake Tapper, a CNN anchorman, used to be a political cartoonist?

The only thing I know about Jake Tapper, a CNN anchorman, is that he has permanent sad eyes.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Mister Beeg posted:

Well, he went back to the drawing table to draw a cover for the Roll Call newspaper.

John Boehner, ladies man. And a lot of others I dont recognize.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Mister Beeg posted:

Dean Samuels: REPRESENTATIVE HOOOOOOOOOOOUSE! *shakes fist*

Imagine this relevant link had better quality and wasn't a handcam recording an online player: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jb-MqECiV2M

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

oh my gosh I kinda want this :ohdear:

Sorry, N4I. I waited for half a day, but since you didn't seem to want it I stole it.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Mr. Squishy posted:

John Boehner, ladies man. And a lot of others I dont recognize.
I immediately recognized Bill Bradley and Gerald Ford because of their basketball/football jerseys, respectively. That just confused me more until the article noted that there's dead folks in there, too.

edit: I know Bill Bradley is not dead.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

Mister Beeg posted:

The LBJ lean is freakin great!

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Well, they try to give him the same personality that he had in the book: a bitter loner who'll never be accepted because of his grotesque appreance, but it doesn't reallt fit because the actor playing him (Aaron Eckhart) is gorgeous. So what you end up with is a beautiful man with well defined muscles (muscles you see a lot because he spends like half the movie shirtless) and kickass scars standing around complaining about how no one will ever love him because he's so ugly. It's a bit silly, to say the least.

A lot of the adaptations of Phantom of the Opera have the same problem.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Jurgan posted:

A lot of the adaptations of Phantom of the Opera have the same problem.

Except Phantom of the Paradise, obviously.

Not My Leg
Nov 6, 2002

AYN RAND AKBAR!

Armani posted:

Holy poo poo they dismissed it?

The charges were dismissed back in January because the prosecution's witnesses apparently wouldn't cooperate in letting the defense attorney talk to them. The dismissal is up on appeal, so she could still face charges (the dismissal happened early enough that double jeopardy had not attached).

It's only back in the news now because of the Women's World Cup and because a report came out with new details about the incident.

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011
Sorry about the delay everyone, I'm sure you all felt so neglected and abandoned. So without further ado it's time to EAT YOUR VEGGIES

We once again show how vegetarians are graceful angels too good for this sinful earth, and everyone else are evil bastards who put themselves ahead of everyone else. Anybody wanna vouch/disprove that 'quote from a book called Eating Animals'?

May have linked this before, may not have. either way still pisses me the gently caress off how people whom are unable to pay for it, or literally incapable of eating vegan food, are all just sick fuckers.

:siren: Warning for dead animals. :siren:
:nms: http://i.imgur.com/chBC03u.jpg :nms:

VEGANS ARE GRACEFUL ANGELS TOO GOOD FOR THIS SINFUL EARTH. Whats that? You eat meat? gently caress YOU AND DIE YOU FILTHY CARNIST

I. . . This is where I want to throw up my hands. The reason I give a drat about what you feed your pet is because if your pet is carnivorous, you are literally killing them by forcing them to 'go vegan'. Cats need meat. Dogs need meat. You're making them miserable because you refuse to let them eat the things they need to survive. And this causes them pain and suffering. At least when animals killed for food are killed, it's quick and as painless as possible. But you're starving your animal while forcing them to eat things they cannot digest.
Also carrots are bad for rabbits.

:nms: http://i.imgur.com/VeUSU7m.jpg :nms:

Eating meat is TOTALLY JUST LIKE SLAVERY. Because reasons.

also food chain, scientifically backed up and proven to be a thing? Psh, gently caress you science. This is how it is. Because I say so.

:nms: http://i.imgur.com/gdwwJSI.jpg :nms:

Animals have different abilities than humans, like breathing underwater for fish. Or flying in the air for birds. Ergo they are just as sapient and you are a filthy monster for eating chicken mc nuggets.

:nms: http://i.imgur.com/7kNUhID.jpg :nms:

FOOD CHAIN DOESN'T EXIST gently caress YOU SCIENCE.

How has this person not realized that saying 'fail' is the stupidest thing ever?

Humans are animals. 'Carnists' admit this. Hell the people whom you seem to despise, namely scientists whom believe we evolved and grew smarter due to the meat we ate, say we're animals. Primates in fact.

Why yes Marty Stu, You're right. It is totally ironi- Oh wait no. It's not. By that logic, we should let all our dogs be wild because we 'exploited' them by domesticating them and making them our allies.

For 'Questioning' you sure as hell seem rather evangelical about how you're totally right instead of saying 'I mean is this all really necessary'

:siren: Warning for images depicting breeding animals and mind numbing callousness/stupidity :siren:
:nms: http://i.imgur.com/AIDWmYl.jpg :nms:

. . . You're comparing the breeding of animals to rape.

I just. . .do I really have to go into why this is wrong? Rape. =/= breeding of animals. When mammals are in heat they are ready to go, they just want babies. And they want them *then*. They don't go and choose not to have a kid right now, their bodies are either in heat, or not in heat. they are ready for baby making, or they are not. Jesus loving *CHRIST*.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on David Cameron and the EU referendum – Downing Street will move to head off a damaging Conservative Eurosceptic rebellion by offering assurances that ministers will not use public funds to pay for a final burst of government spending on publicity in favour of a yes vote in the EU referendum"

Telegraph:

Angela Merkel stands firm on finding resolution to Greece crisis

Independent:

Times:

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

E-Tank posted:

We once again show how vegetarians are graceful angels too good for this sinful earth, and everyone else are evil bastards who put themselves ahead of everyone else. Anybody wanna vouch/disprove that 'quote from a book called Eating Animals'?

so this person does know first-world people buying quinoa is making it so that poor bolivians cannot buy it anymore right?

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011

FutureFriend posted:

so this person does know first-world people buying quinoa is making it so that poor bolivians cannot buy it anymore right?

FILTHY CARNIST LIES

:suicide:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Captain Bravo posted:

Sorry, N4I. I waited for half a day, but since you didn't seem to want it I stole it.

:argh: It's been queued for half a day.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

:argh: It's been queued for half a day.

Well poo poo, now I feel like a bastard!

Maybe this will help?

Eschers Basement
Sep 13, 2007

by exmarx

Mister Beeg posted:

Okay, my guesses top down, left to right:

John Lewis, civil rights hero and 28-year veteran of the House.

John McCain

Tip O'Neill, Speaker of the House from 1977 - 1987

Ted Kennedy, wearing about as much pants as he ever did

Barack Obama

LBJ doing his famous lean.

Newt Gingrich, leader of the civilizing forces, holding the Contract With America.

Bob Dole, considering whether he's going to stick that pen right into the side of George H.W. Bush's neck.

JFK & Nixon

Robert Byrd, riding a horse for reasons I can't explain, possibly having to do with the Robert F. Byrd Memorial Stakes in WV

Senators Larry Craig, Jim Jeffords, Trent Lott, and John Ashcroft, who formed a Barbershop Quartet in 1995. This lasted until 2000, when John Ashcroft lost his election race to a dead man, and Jim Jeffords switched parties from Republican to Democrat so Lott and Craig wouldn't speak to him anymore.

"Battling Bella" Abzug, civil rights lawyer and leading feminist who was elected to the House in 1970 and shook up what was then very much an old boy's club.

Boehner, flanked by Hillary Clinton and Nancy Pelosi. Chicks dig the car.

Senator Mitch McConnel, possibly being chased by Byrd's vengeful spirit.

Senator Harry Reid, amateur boxer, sizing up Senator Bill Bradley, former New York Knickerbocker.

Congressman Wilbur Mills. Mills was one of the most powerful men in Washington in the early '70's as the long-time head of the House Ways and Means Committee. In 1974, Park Police pulled Mills over for driving at night without lights, and stripper Fanne Foxe jumped out of his car and into the Tidal Basin. That was the first step in dragging Mills' philandering and alcoholism into the media, and he resigned after a few years.

Finally, Jerry Ford (former center for the University of Michigan) and I think Cheney, because he just looks malicious.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Disappointed that this isn't a Muppets reference.

Jeb‽

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak

Aww come on dude you didn't need to label the Taj Mahal.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Eschers Basement posted:

Okay, my guesses top down, left to right:

Who's below LBJ and above the Singing Senators?

Cartoons:

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

:qq: Oh if only women would stop objectifying men! :qq:

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Splode posted:

Aww come on dude you didn't need to label the Taj Mahal.
Actually if it weren't labeled I could see someone mistaking it for the palace from Aladdin

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
Well it's going to be a few hours until the Trump cartoon avalanche, so here's some about JEB{!}

Lisa is not a fan, nor is her audience stand-in old lady.

Oh sure, blame Bush.

Reminds me of Planet Hilary, which is equally disturbing.

A pro gun control cartoon. And who are the global warming skeptics who got hit with a RICO suit?

Meh.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Internet Webguy posted:

A pro gun control cartoon. And who are the global warming skeptics who got hit with a RICO suit?

YOU. Yes, you.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

FutureFriend posted:

True, that doesn't have anything to do with the dumb vegan artist's point though??

Also the fact is more or less true (somewhat embellished but true in spirit), make of it what you will, but as usual vegan artist is making the point very dumbly.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Modern terrorists are a major by-product of 50+ years of American Imperialism and unwanted intervention overseas. AGC

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

"Kids these days don't pay attention to the world around them! Illustrated here by a bunch of crude scribbles that don't resemble anything. What, do you expect me to know what things in nature actually look like, do I look like some kind of nerd who pays too much attention to things?"

Political Whores
Feb 13, 2012

alnilam posted:

True, that doesn't have anything to do with the dumb vegan artist's point though??

Also the fact is more or less true (somewhat embellished but true in spirit), make of it what you will, but as usual vegan artist is making the point very dumbly.

Well, the utter meaninglessness of consumer action to effect large scale change on something like the meat industry (or any large capitalist endeavour) means that any act of consumption purported to be "doing your part" for the planet is ultimately meaningless sentimentality. But that's aside from the need for a shift to a much more plant-based diet for humanity, which is definitely true :smith:

E: And I say this as someone who's trying to increase the meat-free portion of their diet as much as possible, though It's a struggle I'll admit. Ultimately thought I know that the idea of voting with my dollars doesn't amount to much more than soothing my own conscience.

Political Whores fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Jun 17, 2015

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Abyssal Squid posted:

"Kids these days don't pay attention to the world around them! Illustrated here by a bunch of crude scribbles that don't resemble anything. What, do you expect me to know what things in nature actually look like, do I look like some kind of nerd who pays too much attention to things?"

those "scribbles" are all pretty recognizable, like sure everything is drawn in a cartoony style but you know, its a cartoon

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

E-Tank posted:

:nms: http://i.imgur.com/VeUSU7m.jpg :nms:
Eating meat is TOTALLY JUST LIKE SLAVERY. Because reasons.

In fact a significant percentage of human slaves today work in agriculture, and not just the meat production half. For someone who is so, so devoted to the moral rightness of not killing animals because it's exploitation and needless suffering, she sure does have a massive, solar eclipse of a blind spot for the exploitation and abuses that go on in producing plants for people to eat instead.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

forbidden lesbian posted:

those "scribbles" are all pretty recognizable, like sure everything is drawn in a cartoony style but you know, its a cartoon

If your message is "it's called 'reality,' maybe you've gotten a text about it on the Tweeter" then it behooves you to not draw a surreal realm of imagination. You can draw a cartoony landscape without having bird-sized butterflies that stalk the forests of sunflower-daisies.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Abyssal Squid posted:

If your message is "it's called 'reality,' maybe you've gotten a text about it on the Tweeter" then it behooves you to not draw a surreal realm of imagination. You can draw a cartoony landscape without having bird-sized butterflies that stalk the forests of sunflower-daisies.

Maybe it's only surreal to you because your imagination has been crushed by all your drat gizmos.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Abyssal Squid posted:

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Internet Webguy posted:

Do it :getin:

wait, uh, I mean ohhh nooo

noooooooo

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

"Many of your works hang with dignity from the main refrigerator. Not to mention the paper mâché volcano, which produced envy for your strong grasp of scientific principles in all the pets present in the room."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhancyPants
Nov 15, 2003

Hotdog Suit Up!

Mordiceius posted:

THE TRIUMPHANT RETURN OF VEGETABLE CHOPPPING

Have we ever seen them chop meat? Maybe everyone in the Muirverse is a vegetarian.

Anyway... this comic showed up twice on my facebook feed because it was shared by Allan West.

I live in a country that's had legalized gay marriage for years. People who were married years after it was legalized still think same-sex couples loving each other are ruining their lives. These posts were shortly after small protests because the city painted rainbow crosswalks along the pride-parade route.

• Locked thread