Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

Elmnt80 posted:

And yours is full of poo poo.

Instead of making GBS threads up the awesome AI poo poo thread anymore ill post a legit awesome pic

This thing is beautiful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON
:minnie:

College Slice
I'm always amazed at how skinny tires used to be, especially on iconic muscle cars. Those look as wide as my Miata's tires, around 205-215.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

GOD IS BED posted:

I'm always amazed at how skinny tires used to be, especially on iconic muscle cars. Those look as wide as my Miata's tires, around 205-215.

those are 225s(well, F70x14, but same thing), the new challenger r/t starts with 245s, that's less than an inch more tire. they just do a lot better job of hiding it on modern cars.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Powershift posted:

those are 225s(well, F70x14, but same thing), the new challenger r/t starts with 245s, that's less than an inch more tire. they just do a lot better job of hiding it on modern cars.

Section width =/= tread width though. It's more like a 2" difference at the blacktop because of the round cross-section of a bias tire vs. a lower profile radial being essentially square.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

GOD IS BED posted:

I saw an old man driving a '68 Camaro the other day, it looked fully stock. Skinny tires (probably whitewalls), pokey-out hubcaps, probably a 6-cylinder. Almost never see them that way. Not a look I would go for personally, but it's kind of neat to see one that's not been hosed with.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Tommychu posted:

Section width =/= tread width though. It's more like a 2" difference at the blacktop because of the round cross-section of a bias tire vs. a lower profile radial being essentially square.

It's not that extreme. the 245s on the challenger have an 8.4" treadwidth. F70x14(225 equiv) firestone redlines have a 6.67"

The stock 245s look pretty skinny on the challenger.

Back in the day there was just a lot less body around them

the stock tires on the base camaros were ~185s. even the brabus smart car got 225s on the back. that purple car being a dart(i thought it was something else at first glance) it's probably about the same.

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
more bad pictures of the zagato sorry the lighting is really bad in the showroom

think it would look better without the wing imo

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Some camera phone pics from the weekend. Once I get home next week and process my actual camera photos, I'll photo spam the good stuff in here.

Our neighbours. You can just about make out the stuffed sheepdog clinging on to the trailer hitch.

When you're surrounded on all sides all weekend by supercars, classics and rarities, it's the 6wd range rover that gets your attention.

Expect more and better from this later.

Finger Prince fucked around with this message at 09:36 on Jun 17, 2015

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Raluek posted:

I saw an old man driving a '68 Camaro the other day, it looked fully stock. Skinny tires (probably whitewalls), pokey-out hubcaps, probably a 6-cylinder. Almost never see them that way. Not a look I would go for personally, but it's kind of neat to see one that's not been hosed with.

Check out what I saw in LA last year:

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Linedance posted:

When you're surrounded on all sides all weekend by supercars, classics and rarities, it's the 6wd range rover that gets your attention.

You're drat right it is, what the gently caress is going on here.

Humbug
Dec 3, 2006
Bogus

Sudo Echo posted:

You're drat right it is, what the gently caress is going on here.

Looks like a Carmichael Commando

http://www.1000sel.com/index.php/carmichael-range-rovers

Neptr
Mar 1, 2011

Powershift posted:

It's not that extreme. the 245s on the challenger have an 8.4" treadwidth. F70x14(225 equiv) firestone redlines have a 6.67"

The stock 245s look pretty skinny on the challenger.

Back in the day there was just a lot less body around them

the stock tires on the base camaros were ~185s. even the brabus smart car got 225s on the back. that purple car being a dart(i thought it was something else at first glance) it's probably about the same.

Not just a Dart, but a Dart 340 Swinger if that appearance package is original.

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Linedance posted:

Some camera phone pics from the weekend. Once I get home next week and process my actual camera photos, I'll photo spam the good stuff in here.

Our neighbours. You can just about make out the stuffed sheepdog clinging on to the trailer hitch.

You kids taking in all this strife?

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

awesome but holy poo poo you could have a presidential debate on that front bumper. It's big enough to support donald trump's ego and weight at the same time.

e: I saw a Jeep Liberty with factory woodgrain the other day. I wasn't sure whether it was awful or cool.

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

corn in the fridge posted:

more bad pictures of the zagato sorry the lighting is really bad in the showroom

think it would look better without the wing imo

It's a nice car but I do miss the boomerang lights :(.

Doccers
Aug 15, 2000

Patron Saint of Chickencheese

It's a 6x4? Which axle is undriven? I can't find any information about this thing and I'm curious as hell.

Here, have an actual 6x6.

Humbug
Dec 3, 2006
Bogus

Doccers posted:

It's a 6x4? Which axle is undriven? I can't find any information about this thing and I'm curious as hell.

Here, have an actual 6x6.

I would guess the rearmost axle is unpowered, while the two other retain the stock running gear. The engineering wasn't always the best with those 80's conversions, and fitting a portal or pass-trough axle system might have been to much.

Doccers
Aug 15, 2000

Patron Saint of Chickencheese

Humbug posted:

I would guess the rearmost axle is unpowered, while the two other retain the stock running gear. The engineering wasn't always the best with those 80's conversions, and fitting a portal or pass-trough axle system might have been to much.

Considering it looks to retain the standard rover transfer case, you look to be spot-on. I guess the third axle was just for weight, not for off-road capability. Strange!

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Carmichael made fire tender conversions for Rangies, so I suspect that that is an attempt to use the same development to turn a profit from the well-heeled equivalent of what is now the brotruck market.

There are actual 6x6 conversions, some use a pass-through setup on the middle axle, others make use of the PTO drive. I believe there is a Rover gearbox where the PTO is driven at transfer box output speed, not input speed, but I can't remember which one it is.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

GOD IS BED posted:

You kids and your wide tires these days...

Humbug
Dec 3, 2006
Bogus
The brotruck comparison is pretty valid. Here is one of the crazier 6-wheeled Range Rover conversions from Vantagefield

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

mobby_6kl posted:

Check out what I saw in LA last year:

My '68 El Camino had those hubcaps, until I put 15 x 7 and 15 x 8 Cragar SSes with 265 and 275 section width tires on it.
Nowadays, I would just find wider 15" steelies and still use the dog dishes, because.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Finally uploaded the pics I took at the Pate Swap Meet back in April. I didn't take all that many:

Here's on for 14":

My Dad's friend owns this. He had it built. It's as Oldsmobile as possible. Apologies for the lovely framing. Don't know why I didn't reshoot. I've got other pics I've taken previously, if someone is interested.

Flatties:

A very well done crew-cab dually S-10 conversion (V8, of course):

Really clean, mostly stock Scrambler:

Bug thing:

Mack:

Nice T/A:

V8-stuffed Anglia:

not any more!:

Stude! (with Ford Ranger wheels?)

Model A mail truck:

They had a bike swap meet within the Pate Swap Meet. A couple non-Harley customs:

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

VW??

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones

Yeah, the window line suggests a Polo I.

And it's adorable.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Flathead 6 > Flathead 8 > non-flathead inline 6 > > *

Darchangel posted:

Stude! (with Ford Ranger wheels?)

yesssssssss

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Darchangel posted:

They had a bike swap meet within the Pate Swap Meet. A couple non-Harley customs:

Holy cow.

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

Neptr posted:

Not just a Dart, but a Dart 340 Swinger if that appearance package is original.

you are correct on that. It is a sweet little thing. and lives most winters in the storage at my work.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Slavvy posted:

I had a german uni professor (metallurgy) and he wouldn't stop talking about the stylistic perfection of the original beetle.

It's a design stolen from Tatra...

Real?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

No front vent window suggests not. the door is also the wrong shape.

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

CharlesM posted:

It's a design stolen from Tatra...

Real?

Is it a Vette?

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

sofullofhate posted:

Is it a Vette?

Door looks like a C3.

Arriviste
Sep 10, 2010

Gather. Grok. Create.

Now pick up what you can
and run.

Slavvy posted:

Holy cow.

Word. I could stare at those welds all year. The bikes are gorgeous, too.

fakeaccount
Jun 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

I see things like this, and I'm so loving disgusted by modern cars. goddamn.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Unfffff... :flashfap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OBAMNA PHONE