Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I fly a starship across the Universe divide and when I reach the other side I'll find a place to rest my spirit if I can. Perhaps I may become a highwayman again.

Or I may simply be a single drop of rain, but I will remain and I'll be back again, and again and again and again and again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
Fishbowl helmets own hard and sci fi should use them more.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Fishbowl helmets and skin-tight unpressurized mechanical pressure suits.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Bongo Bill posted:

Fishbowl helmets and skin-tight unpressurized mechanical pressure suits.

Skin-tight suits should have looked like Missy Elliot music video from the 90's in both gameplay and in cutscenes.

As for country in my Mass Effect game, this song always plays in my head when using the Paladin in MP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgvxu8QY01s

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

tribbledirigible posted:

Skin-tight suits should have looked like Missy Elliot music video from the 90's in both gameplay and in cutscenes.[/video]
A Mass Effect game inspired by the art design for Sock It 2 Me would be something else, to be sure.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

So my prediction is that there are two main characters, a male and female. You can play and customize both.

Well maybe not prediction, but it'd be cool. Switch up between missions from being a vanguard to infiltrator, have one be paragon and the other renegade, etc.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Codependent Poster posted:

So my prediction is that there are two main characters, a male and female. You can play and customize both.

Well maybe not prediction, but it'd be cool. Switch up between missions from being a vanguard to infiltrator, have one be paragon and the other renegade, etc.

Not sure I personally like the idea of having two main characters. Now being able to run missions major or minor as one of your squadmates would be a cool feature. How fun would it have been to play as Wrex?

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Nap Ghost
Prediction: the N7 character will be the starting tutorial level and in a shocking twist will either be the villain or will die before the game proper starts.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

The starchild should've been Jenkins.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

DarkHorse posted:

Prediction: the N7 character will be the starting tutorial level and in a shocking twist will either be the villain or will die before the game proper starts.

Prediction: no chance what the gently caress are you on about?

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

hey they already killed Shepard twice, what's wrong with killing their replacement before the title screen :v:

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
Did they actually show anything off for ME4, or just that trailer?

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

How soon can bioware take my money

because as long as I can seek out new life and new civilizations and boldly biotic them to death I'm sold.

It's either gonna be Mal Reynolds or Kirk.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

FronzelNeekburm posted:

Did they actually show anything off for ME4, or just that trailer?

Just the trailer, nothing else.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

MA-Horus posted:

How soon can bioware take my money

because as long as I can seek out new life and new civilizations and boldly biotic them to death I'm sold.

It's either gonna be Mal Reynolds or Kirk.

I'm in the same boat, gonna effect some mass.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

exquisite tea posted:

I'll give it the benefit of the doubt until I see more, but in allegedly ~3 years of development all we're getting are incredibly generic visuals and a setting that has nothing to do with the previous Mass Effect games. Maybe that's exciting to some, but for me it's saying "we have no idea what to do with this franchise, have no creative direction, and will feed gullible gamers whatever vague industry buzzwords they want to hear up until release."
The teaser depicts someone choosing where to go and instead of one of the crazy alien worlds they choose space Utah so I'd say you're probably right.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Jack's VA is voicing the female protag in Fallout 4

https://twitter.com/courtenaytaylor/status/611300490744344576

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

But will I be able to romance my self for the ultimate in video game masturbation?

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Rinkles posted:

Oh hey thats pretty drat great

frajaq fucked around with this message at 09:46 on Jun 18, 2015

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

Trast posted:

I don't get why you guys are upset about a Johnny Cash song in a teaser trailer. Some of his songs were straight up apocalyptic. This was probably just Bioware trying to conjure up an idea of the frontier without dipping deeply into the folk and early country music that would be more appropriate but considered un-hip for the E3 hipster techie crowd.

I don't dislike Johnny Cash or think it's inappropriate, I was joking about them blowing their whole budget on a glorified cameo like Bethesda did with Oblivion.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Rinkles posted:

Bad character but I actually liked her as a VO. Good choice imo.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Ash1138 posted:

The teaser depicts someone choosing where to go and instead of one of the crazy alien worlds they choose space Utah so I'd say you're probably right.
If humans are in uncharted territory and looking for planets then earth-like ones are going to be a high priority, so that makes a fair amount of sense. A world of constantly shifting, neutrally buoyant, brightly colored gases with constant electrical discharges might look cool as art, but that's not where you want to colonize.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Rinkles posted:

No she's not, because anyone who doesn't immediately mod out the voiced protagonists in FO4 is a fuckin idiot scrub

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

No she's not, because anyone who doesn't immediately mod out the voiced protagonists in FO4 is a fuckin idiot scrub

I bet Jack is modded in first as a pc

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

Resident Sergio Apologist
CHAMPION
Holiday 2016 gives us enough time to get a remastered ME trilogy released on the XBOne before then...right? I'll take the trilogy on backwards compatibility if it's not super janky, but I see all of these pretty HD textures on the PC versions, and I get jealous. :ohdear:

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Aces High posted:

hey they already killed Shepard twice, what's wrong with killing their replacement before the title screen :v:

Look at this scrub without 4100 Effective Strength and not choosing to destroy the Reapers :smug:

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.

Kameh posted:

Holiday 2016 gives us enough time to get a remastered ME trilogy released on the XBOne before then...right? I'll take the trilogy on backwards compatibility if it's not super janky, but I see all of these pretty HD textures on the PC versions, and I get jealous. :ohdear:

Microsoft has said that multi-disc games aren't working at the moment, so 2 and 3 are out for now.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I don't want the trilogy with just new graphics. I'd only replay it if they updated ME1 and 2 with 3's gameplay. And also if they put charge in ME as a power.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

I don't want the trilogy with just new graphics. I'd only replay it if they updated ME1 and 2 with 3's gameplay. And also if they put charge in ME as a power.

Charge already screwed things up in the ME 2/3 engine so I can't imagine what it would do to ME 1.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Why would anyone buy a worse version of ME1?

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Kameh posted:

EA just confirmed this week that while they did consider it, they've ruled out doing an remake/remastered version as they feel it's better to devote the resources to making new stuff instead. Can't really argue with that.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Sentinel Red posted:

EA just confirmed this week that while they did consider it, they've ruled out doing an remake/remastered version as they feel it's better to devote the resources to making new stuff instead. Can't really argue with that.

Works for me. Those remastered games always labor under the fact that prettying up an outdated game doesn't make it stop being outdated. Remaking ME1 into something actually fun to play would necessitate almost as much effort as just making a new game from scratch.

Besides, after everything that they got from ME3, I think they'll want to stay as far away from that setting as possible.

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
can i play as a krogan yet

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
can i slay as a krogan yet

El Mido
Feb 22, 2011
yeah hop on me3mp and go gently caress up some collectors :getin:

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

The real question is just how space racist I'll be able to be in this game

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
There's one thing that I hope to see in ME4, and that's a proper Paragon experience.

Sometimes, I just wish to play a big drat hero who unironically saves the day. Not a helpless pawn of circumstances trying to choose the lesser of evils in a gritty GRRMdark setting and failing miserably. Not a slapstick comedy deconstruction of heroic tropes who rolls eyes at the camera and winks 'heroes are so lame, amirite?'. Not a reluctant amoral badass who just goes through the motions to get the world off his back. An actual hero who can swoop in, save everybody, convince evildoers to renounce their ways, absolve the innocent, bring peace and prosperity to the land, and, when push comes to a shove, step in and hold the line.

And if I can get that, I'm OK with the jetpack. All the better to get there in the nick of time.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

So you literally want Mass EffTrek, following the adventures of Commander Kirque

Beat up the bad guys, gently caress the green/blue women, drop one liners, save the day and ride off into the sunset.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Same, except the opposite

I want an RPG where I can be super evil and just give everyone the middle finger while I join the bad guys and set fire to the galaxy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Zzulu posted:

Same, except the opposite

I want an RPG where I can be super evil and just give everyone the middle finger while I join the bad guys and set fire to the galaxy

Play NWN2 MOTB.
Or NWN2 OC even.

• Locked thread