Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Swedish Horror posted:

I'm reading the books and gently caress sorceresses/sorcerers. They're all insane.

Radovid did nothing wrong
This is cute but he is murdering even simple alchemists/herbalists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Bort Bortles posted:

You have to break a few eggs to make an omelette.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Andrast posted:

You have to break a few eggs to make an omelette.

Radovid's idea of an omlette is throwing all of the eggs in the trash.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Harrow posted:

That's why you send her to Kaer Morhen. Don't let her go to Radovid, that's obviously dumb because Radovid is obviously completely nuts. If you send her to Kaer Morhen, she gets to do what she actually wants to do.

If she winds up dead, either by your hand or by Radovid's, how does that effect the battle of Kaer Morhen? Does Lambert wind up skewered without her around to save him?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Azazell0 posted:

I found it a bit cute that Keira eventually ends up with Lambert after the story.

Fun fact: She actually has a unique dialogue about her and Lambert hooking up but you can only get it if she glitches out and never leaves Kaer Morhen.

Swedish Horror posted:

I'm reading the books and gently caress sorceresses/sorcerers. They're all insane.

Radovid did nothing wrong

He wants to kill Zoltan because Zoltan is a dwarf. A lot of Geralt's friends are non-human. Geralt himself says he's non-human. Radovid's a clown and gently caress anyone who could hate on Zoltan, the bro of the century.

e:

DeathSandwich posted:

If she winds up dead, either by your hand or by Radovid's, how does that effect the battle of Kaer Morhen? Does Lambert wind up skewered without her around to save him?

Not my 1st hand experience,but I've heard that has no impact on Lambert. He lives in all scenarios

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Harrow posted:

That's why you send her to Kaer Morhen. Don't let her go to Radovid, that's obviously dumb because Radovid is obviously completely nuts. If you send her to Kaer Morhen, she gets to do what she actually wants to do.

I ran into her WAY before I knew you could interact in any way with Radovid. Better to be safe!

(Also in every game like this my first run I just take consequences as they come, and do a second run where I try to get stuff to turn out the way I want)

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I want to reiterate that getting drunk with your bros is the best scene in the game. Anyone who doesn't keep doing more and more ridiculous things is playing the game wrong.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Bort Bortles posted:

He had Kalkstein killed so gently caress Radovid forever.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Codependent Poster posted:

I want to reiterate that getting drunk with your bros is the best scene in the game. Anyone who doesn't keep doing more and more ridiculous things is playing the game wrong.

its one of the best scenes in a game i can think of.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Codependent Poster posted:

The game has a ton of heart and scenes like that really show off some stellar writing. There is so much camaraderie between characters that feels very believable. The drinking scene had me in stitches.

Swedish Horror
Jan 16, 2013

Really though, I can understand him wanting to murder everything magic, but why healers and herbalists? Is he just counting on the Eternal Fire dudes healing people or what?

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Aurain posted:

Fun fact: She actually has a unique dialogue about her and Lambert hooking up but you can only get it if she glitches out and never leaves Kaer Morhen.

He wants to kill Zoltan because Zoltan is a dwarf. A lot of Geralt's friends are non-human. Geralt himself says he's non-human. Radovid's a clown and gently caress anyone who could hate on Zoltan, the bro of the century.

Geralt: I know where Ciri is
Zoltan: Then why the hell are we still here?

I love him.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
RADOVID SUCKS FLACCID COCK

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Swedish Horror posted:

Really though, I can understand him wanting to murder everything magic, but why healers and herbalists? Is he just counting on the Eternal Fire dudes healing people or what?

He's basically fantasy Hitler. Anyone who is different gets killed. You can see it after Triss' quest once the mages are gone from the city, he starts in on non-humans. Elves, dwarves, whatever. Radovid is completely off his rocker.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Having not played Witcher 1 and 2 but being vaguely aware of the main plot, I figured Vernon Roche was the bro of the game, but NOPE, Zoltan trumps him.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Azazell0 posted:

I found it a bit cute that Keira eventually ends up with Lambert after the story.

Yep,that is the ending I got and I think she and Cerys were the only ones with happy endings in my game so far. Haven't finished it yet but I hope I don't gently caress Ciri over.

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

I realize CDProjekt never shuts up about this but I still find it amazing that in this day and age, this game comes as an .exe installer you can do whatever the gently caress you want to with. And it still sold like crazy. DEVELOPERS/PUBLISHERS TAKE NOTE.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Geralt: I know where Ciri is
Zoltan: Then why the hell are we still here?

I love him.
I just had this scene last night and I loving loved it. I also laughed at Crach giving me yet another useless sword. Sorry bro, my Witcher gear even without runes (because I am indecisive about what to put in there) is better than your ancestor's lovely sword.

Schurik posted:

I realize CDProjekt never shuts up about this but I still find it amazing that in this day and age, this game comes as an .exe installer you can do whatever the gently caress you want to with. And it still sold like crazy. DEVELOPERS/PUBLISHERS TAKE NOTE.
BUT OUR DRM BACKBONE

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
Yeah, Zoltan is a bro, for sure.

I'm winding my way through Witcher 2 right now, so looking forward to Witcher 3 and trying not to read spoilers. On Roche's path at the moment and will also play Iorveth's path.

Just curious, I have an Intel Core i7 3820 processor, 16 gb of ram, and an AMD Radeon HD 7770 1gb graphics card. I think that works, but I'm no expert in computers. Any thoughts?

One of these days, I have to get to reading the building megathread.

Scandalous
Jul 16, 2009

GrossMurpel posted:

:patriot:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

GrossMurpel posted:

consensual poster
Sep 1, 2009

PhyrexianLibrarian posted:

Ugh where the hell are all the superior potion recipes? None of the vendors seem to sell them and I'll be damned if I'm gonna sail around Skellige trying to open them from random chests.

What level are you? I'm at 18 and have a bunch of superior potions, oils, and bombs (our at least the recipes for them) already and I haven't even made it to Skellige yet. I think after a certain level (maybe 15 or 16) better recipes just start showing up in vendor inventories and treasure chests.

Speaking of recipes, gently caress having to travel back to the starting area just to load up on Balisse Fruit.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Perfectly Cromulent posted:

What level are you? I'm at 18 and have a bunch of superior potions, oils, and bombs (our at least the recipes for them) already and I haven't even made it to Skellige yet. I think after a certain level (maybe 15 or 16) better recipes just start showing up in vendor inventories and treasure chests.

Speaking of recipes, gently caress having to travel back to the starting area just to load up on Balisse Fruit.

...Is that where you find those? I never found a proper source.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Schurik posted:

I do worry that they'll eventually hard-push GoG Galaxy for Cyberpunk.

That said, out of all the remaining "we-have-our-own-DRM-Shop" holdouts, CDProjeckt is the least likely to do this (I'm eyeing you, Ubisoft).

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

MoraleHazard posted:

Yeah, Zoltan is a bro, for sure.

I'm winding my way through Witcher 2 right now, so looking forward to Witcher 3 and trying not to read spoilers. On Roche's path at the moment and will also play Iorveth's path.

Just curious, I have an Intel Core i7 3820 processor, 16 gb of ram, and an AMD Radeon HD 7770 1gb graphics card. I think that works, but I'm no expert in computers. Any thoughts?

One of these days, I have to get to reading the building megathread.

If anything screws you over it's going to be the graphics card.

Also

GrossMurpel posted:

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all

GrossMurpel posted:

I like how he had it ready to go and probably had to have it on him at all times.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

GrossMurpel posted:

Regular cock? I figure Radovid is more of a sewer zeugl cocksucker.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I never found all the superior bombs/potions/oils recipes during the story. I've found a few just clearing random ?'s around the map at level 35. I'd guess it's completely random, even if you get some from Gremist or the halfling near Novigrad.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

So when's steam getting this dlc?

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Azazell0 posted:

I never found all the superior bombs/potions/oils recipes during the story. I've found a few just clearing random ?'s around the map at level 35. I'd guess it's completely random, even if you get some from Gremist or the halfling near Novigrad.

The alchemist near gremist (not gremist himself - another guy in one of those caves) had literally all of them for me, except for superior swallow which I already had.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

The alchemist near gremist (not gremist himself - another guy in one of those caves) had literally all of them for me, except for superior swallow which I already had.

So what do you get for doing gremist's quest?

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

OAquinas posted:

So what do you get for doing gremist's quest?

It seemed really insignificant, some materials and maybe some runestone crafting recipes? I kind of figured you weren't supposed to have enough money to buy all of the superior ones immediately, they were like 4000 gold all together and I had 25k so...

Jeffrey of YOSPOS fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Jun 17, 2015

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please

I hit level 32 last night, just working on the end-game missions and hopefully killing Radovid, that quest never popped I guess because of the order I did the other missions in?. It's not a level issue, I think they just didn't sell everything I thought they did. Only 120 or so unknown locations to sail to :barf:

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I know what you mean, there's an alchemist marker there, but I can't find him, I go to the cave where the icon is but there's no one there. Tried various times of day too. Maybe he's tied to some quest?

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Levantine posted:

The game has a ton of heart and scenes like that really show off some stellar writing. There is so much camaraderie between characters that feels very believable. The drinking scene had me in stitches.

Yeah, the only thing better than Geralt hanging out with his old friends is when he goes full dadmode on Ciri. Like that time where you visit those people who helped her out during her time in Novigrad:

:v:: "Say, about that innkeep you stayed with..."
:j:: "What about her?"
:v:: "She seems nice..."
:rolleyes:: "Daaaaad...."

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost

You can find it elsewhere as well. With some herbs there seem to be these specific zones where they grow; I never bothered figuring them out since herbalists sell everything cheaply in case I need something.

Swedish Horror posted:

Yeah seriously, do the Eternal Fire folks actually do anything useful at all? They remind me of the Faith of the Seven in ASoIaF/Game of Thrones. All the other religions and cults have actual magic of various kinds going on, whether druidic or arcane or whatever, but the "mainstream humans" religion is just impotent and flaccid. No wonder Radovid likes sucking it.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Perestroika posted:

Yeah, the only thing better than Geralt hanging out with his old friends is when he goes full dadmode on Ciri. Like that time where you visit those people who helped her out during her time in Novigrad:

:v:: "Say, about that innkeep you stayed with..."
:j:: "What about her?"
:v:: "She seems nice..."
:rolleyes:: "Daaaaad...."

I liked Yen's reaction when Geralt appeared with Ciri. That uncharacteristic "CIRIIIIIII" scream and Yen just hugging her :3:

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Azazell0 posted:

I know what you mean, there's an alchemist marker there, but I can't find him, I go to the cave where the icon is but there's no one there. Tried various times of day too. Maybe he's tied to some quest?
I have this problem as well. I was wondering if it was because of the quest situation but his marker is there but he is not and it disturbs me greatly because I forgot to buy everything from him and I definitely need some recipes from him.

edit: oh and the reason you do Gremists' quest(s) is to be able to play him in Gwent to get Avallac'h.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Jun 17, 2015

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Azazell0 posted:

Maybe there's another cave at a different height? I found him during the day. I had done the main quest where you go to that area already, but that's it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Trust me, I scoured that hill pretty good with all its holes. One of them has Ermion, who doesn't sell anything, one has a druid that's just a generic NPC with no dialogue and one has that alchemist icon but no one there.