Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Capn Beeb posted:

I like Matebas and I like Bolters, gimme both

Also hot dog that trench gun looks loving fresh :eyepop:
Yesss so glad the 1897 is back

Kikas posted:

This motivates me to play more like no other announcement has to this point.
Empty quotin' dis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emTme3
Nov 7, 2012

by Hand Knit

emTme3 fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Mar 31, 2022

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Mr E posted:

Also I'm not sure if we already knew this but they're not going to reset stats from now on.
That's a good move because if they reset at the same time they released new classes I don't think anyone would play the old ones for awhile.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Ah, gently caress. I power leveled to like 15 on the four base classes because I thought they'd reset it so whatever. Is there any way to go back to where I was or whatever?

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3kTewIMAE0

I hope this goop is optimized.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
This is sort of a silly gripe, but it's so weird to be referring to an early access update as a "content pack" complete with its own catchy title. It's better marketing than "adding base features to the game", of course.

Pretty excited that the best perks are being added before the Sharpshooter, though. :getin:

Lt Babyface
Jun 9, 2015

Geight posted:

This is sort of a silly gripe, but it's so weird to be referring to an early access update as a "content pack" complete with its own catchy title. It's better marketing than "adding base features to the game", of course.

Pretty excited that the best perks are being added before the Sharpshooter, though. :getin:

I love the sharpshooter, but it did tend to break balance, especially with a level 4 or 5.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Geight posted:

It's not really silly, I don't think. Calling it a "content pack" isn't necessarily a bad thing, but the fact that they're saying it's "free" is kind of weird. It's an EA title. This stuff was all part of the bargain, so it seems weird that they're acting like this is an act of generosity.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!

LuciferMorningstar posted:

It's not really silly, I don't think. Calling it a "content pack" isn't necessarily a bad thing, but the fact that they're saying it's "free" is kind of weird. It's an EA title. This stuff was all part of the bargain, so it seems weird that they're acting like this is an act of generosity.

YEAH the ~*free*~ part is what makes it weird, for sure. Because it's not free, it's the rest of the stuff we paid for.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Lt Babyface posted:

I love the sharpshooter, but it did tend to break balance, especially with a level 4 or 5.

Not really.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Alteisen posted:

Not really.

In Hard and below it was a bit OP, but in Suicidal and HoE it found it's role as a dedicated Scrake-murdering class that is able to occasionally help the trash-cleaning classes. They can still take down FPs, but it's a lot riskier than letting your Demo gib them before they start rushing.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I'm not expecting Sharps or Demos to be particularly OP, and I'm not expecting them to be underwhelming either.

I am however, expecting a lot of people who are awaiting the sharpshooter with baited breath to be very disappointed when they can't kill a 6 man HoE fleshpound in 3 seconds or less all by themselves.

EDIT: I hope Siren screams cant eat mid flight rockets. That would suck.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Jun 17, 2015

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Mr E posted:

Also I'm not sure if we already knew this but they're not going to reset stats from now on.

Are they going to do one reset with the Firebug patch, or just no reset at all?

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Section Z posted:

I am however, expecting a lot of people who are awaiting the sharpshooter with baited breath to be very disappointed when they can't kill a 6 man HoE fleshpound in 3 seconds or less all by themselves.

All I want is a class that can easily take out Scrakes.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Are they going to do one reset with the Firebug patch, or just no reset at all?

They confirmed during E3, no resets whatsoever.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Skoll posted:

Awesome. Wish they'd announced as much at launch, I'd have played a lot more. :v: Oh well, time to get back in.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Awesome. Wish they'd announced as much at launch, I'd have played a lot more. :v: Oh well, time to get back in.

The reason they didn't is because they weren't sure then.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

closeted republican posted:

All I want is a class that can easily take out Scrakes.

Hopefully Sharps do lean towards that, at least. Maybe they will have bonus damage to Scrakes or something?

I was more thinking of the more extreme end people who feel "Can't kill Pounds with SICK COMBOS, game is garbage :byodood:" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pnbvyj1TnNU

I wonder how Hans will react to Sharps, Doesn't he not have separate head health right now? I wonder what they will do regarding headclicking mechanics for Hans.

Unrelated super useless bug/working as intended?: As the only man on the planet to use the Backup talent, I've noticed that 9mm/Knife stalker kills do not count for bonus commando experience.

Could be worse, it could be a KF1 situation where there were stalker gates and they don't count. So if this is intended it's not too bad, and if it's a bug not really a priority fix.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Jun 17, 2015

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
actually combos were really good and cool, were hard to pull off, and if you were good enough to then you earned it

If suicidal is difficult for you then you wouldn't be pulling off "SICK COMBOS" in the heat of battle

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Section Z posted:

Hopefully Sharps do lean towards that, at least. Maybe they will have bonus damage to Scrakes or something?

I was more thinking of the more extreme end people who feel "Can't kill Pounds with SICK COMBOS, game is garbage :byodood:" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pnbvyj1TnNU

I wonder how Hans will react to Sharps, Doesn't he not have separate head health right now? I wonder what they will do regarding headclicking mechanics for Hans.

Unrelated super useless bug/working as intended?: As the only man on the planet to use the Backup talent, I've noticed that 9mm/Knife stalker kills do not count for bonus commando experience.

Could be worse, it could be a KF1 situation where there were stalker gates and they don't count. So if this is intended it's not too bad, and if it's a bug not really a priority fix.

At a certain point it's nice to see that there are ways to deal with the high-end monsters besides bullet-sponging them, which gets boring.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
If people can land consistent headshots in the middle of a clusterfuck then yeah, they deserve results. If Sharp doesn't put a notable dent into a Scrake/Pound's health per successful headclick, it won't feel worth it. That much I don't question.

It just seems that the intentions in KF2 are to avoid one guy being able to solo a 6 man HoE pound to death in a few seconds, regardless of how good you are at sweet tricks or headclicking. So you just know somebody is going to be upset if a pound doesn't drop after four crossbow bolts to the face or less because it's "Cheapening the class" or whatever.

How many sharp shots to the face do you think it should take to drop a KF2 6 man Pound?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Depends on their weapons, really. If ebr is the last tier sharp weapon again it will probably still be weaker per shot than the crossbow. For that matter, ebr wasn't exactly a popular weapon in kf1 so they might replace it with something else entirely. Also, it isn't certain how they will end up tuning the crossbow. There isn't only one way to balance it, after all.

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008
Considering that Sharpshooter probably had the most nerfs of any class in KF1 I'd say that the damage output is probably going to be similar in KF2. So It'll probably still take 3-5 crossbow bolts to the head, for example, to drop Scrakes and FPs on 6-player HoE. An M14 took like 7-10 headshots I think. Really the thing that made Sharp so viable was that it also had increased damage with pistols, which had probably the best bang for your buck (I always carried one 9mm, the MK23, and the .44 which have a combined total of 512 shots). Now that pistols are assigned to an entirely different class who knows exactly how that'll work with trash mobs. Let's not forget that there's greater weapon spread in this game, guns aren't hitscan I believe, clots, cysts, and slashers grab and turn you which is great for messing up your shots, the maps seem much more confined and the enemies spawn closer AND teleport (Sharp works best from a distance). I'm figuring the M99 will be the Sharp's Tier 4 but it better loving not cost 6250 dosh to fill your ammo that was ridiculous.

Abandoned Toaster fucked around with this message at 11:33 on Jun 17, 2015

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Abandoned Toaster posted:

I'm figuring the M99 will be the Sharp's Tier 4 but it better loving not cost 6250 dosh to fill your ammo that was ridiculous.

I would be flabbergasted if any of the sharp weapons broke 700 dollars to reload from empty.

I hosed around with cheats enabled and popping open the trader menu. Currently, the most expensive weapon to go from empty to full on is the Eviscerator at 500+150 for gas, (100 for 5 sawblades :lol: even if you can pick em up). Runner up is AA12 at 400.

Unexpected results, 9mm and medic pistol are more expensive than Varmint and SMG to reload. Flamethrower is currently 50 to fill up. Fifty Dosh :getin:

quote:

Grenades: 200

9mm: 160

Commando weapons: 120, 195, 200, 375.

Support weapons (without Ammo talent): 240, 240, 240, 400.

Medic: 160, 135, 180, 220.

Berserker: Nope, 225, 350, 500,(150 gas).

Flamethrower: 50. Not a typo, Fifty dosh

Section Z fucked around with this message at 12:10 on Jun 17, 2015

Zernach
Oct 23, 2012
I remember buying KF1 from some sale and trying it for awhile, but the level grinding drove me off. That said I loving loved the firebug, last time I've had so much fun with a flamethrower was in Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory. I'm pretty much sitting on the fence about buying this, the upcomming Firebug is going to be the deciding factor for me.

Checking some videos of the current flamethrower it seems to be similar to KF1 in that its super good for clearing trash, but can't burn down tougher zeds fast enough. That about right?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Zernach posted:

I remember buying KF1 from some sale and trying it for awhile, but the level grinding drove me off. That said I loving loved the firebug, last time I've had so much fun with a flamethrower was in Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory. I'm pretty much sitting on the fence about buying this, the upcomming Firebug is going to be the deciding factor for me.

Checking some videos of the current flamethrower it seems to be similar to KF1 in that its super good for clearing trash, but can't burn down tougher zeds fast enough. That about right?

Yeah, but keep in mind that firebug isn't out so the flamethrower doesn't get any damage bonuses. It also isn't the final tier firebug weapon, so it is very likely that they will get something better for spike damage.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
Yeah that's about right. It completely destroys trash but just doesn't do enough damage fast enough for the big guys. It's good for hitting them with a spurt of fire right away and then switching to another gun to actually kill them with.

The fact it is so cheap to purchase ammo for it makes the flamethrower a fantastic weapon for pairing with a medic's tier 4 rifle right now. It saves a lot on ammo when you can just fry the trash during downtime and heal your buddies during go-time with your stronger gun out. And the flamethrower remains super satisfying, everything lights up so well and the fire effects look fantastic. It's a shame I don't get any XP while using it, since firebug isn't in yet, but it's a very fun weapon.

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.
New perks should be nice, though to be honest I hope we start seeing the new new perks soon. Gunslinger and whatever the martial artist perk is are both Very Exciting to me.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Skoll posted:

:drat:

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Section Z posted:

Unexpected results, 9mm and medic pistol are more expensive than Varmint

Love finding a varmint as other classes in the first couple waves. The ammo is so cheap that you can use it for all the trash headshots and easily afford to fill it up for the next wave

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
No release dates on the content?

FlyingCowOfDoom
Aug 1, 2003

let the beat drop
This been a flash/daily sale yet? Trying to decide if I just buy it now or wait and watch the next few days and try and pick it up cheaper.

Questioner86
Feb 8, 2006
Gaming Freak Of Nature

Section Z posted:

Can we get any insight into why it seems that zed heads are extra resistant to Knife M1 swings?

Like, 9mm is 15 damage, and apparently the knife is 15 damage. On hard it takes seven 9mm bullets or M1 knife swings to the body to kill a clot. Then it takes two 9mm to the head to kill them, and apparently (many cheats enabled spawned clots later) four M1 knife swings to the head. Same amount of swings to kill by hitting anywhere on the limbs or body, but twice as many swings to kill with headshots :confused:

It's just one of those little things I'm curious about. Considering you can only ever notice it with knife M1s. M2 swings to the face will still one shot a clot dead just fine as ever, which is in line with the damage numbers dug up by the internet.

Figured out what bug was causing this the other day, thanks to you bringing it up. Now I can convince Alan Wilson that wasting time on the SA forums during work hours somehow benefits the company, so thanks!

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Questioner86 posted:

Figured out what bug was causing this the other day, thanks to you bringing it up. Now I can convince Alan Wilson that wasting time on the SA forums during work hours somehow benefits the company, so thanks!

just wait till they make a nice custom blocker for you, that blocks all of SA except this thread

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
I'll post a screenshot of this later tonight but I somehow managed to sell my 9mm in a game the other day ("died -> respawned -> went to trader -> pushed buttons in a panicked hurry -> ended up with no 9mm") and after getting over my initial confusion - like, "wait is this possible? How is this possible? Can I buy a new one? What the hell did I do?" I thought "man section z would be pissed!"

on the other hand I'm glad you're using knife and pistol so much because it means bugs get tested and fixed, so I'm not hating on ya for it :v:

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Am I going crazy or are the guns louder? I remember thinking they sounded a bit weak a few weeks ago/release but now they sound a lot more powerful.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Questioner86 posted:

Finally, my incoherent rambling has some practical result! When you guys have time between legitimately important bugs, make 9mm and Knife grant full commando bonus experience killing Stalkers, TIA.

Psion posted:

I'll post a screenshot of this later tonight but I somehow managed to sell my 9mm in a game the other day ("died -> respawned -> went to trader -> pushed buttons in a panicked hurry -> ended up with no 9mm") and after getting over my initial confusion - like, "wait is this possible? How is this possible? Can I buy a new one? What the hell did I do?" I thought "man section z would be pissed!"

on the other hand I'm glad you're using knife and pistol so much because it means bugs get tested and fixed, so I'm not hating on ya for it :v:

It's perfectly understandable. I only go nuts with the 9mm on the Commando, and basically only use it while rolling my eyes at "90% crawlers" trash piles beyond that, or when there are so little trash zeds in sight it's not worth a shotgun shell.

I barely use the knife anyways, mostly because everything bit of trash will be dead by the time I can run up and knife em. But it's very satisfying when you luck out and get 8 decapitations with two M1 knife swings (thanks, Backup! :downs:)

On that note, I am a super terrible Berserker not only because I'm garbage at parry, but because I'm very conservative so I'm not sprinting face first into every group of enemies to make sure I'm getting as many kills/assists as possible.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Zernach posted:

Yep. That said, wonder if they're gonna go MAC-10 -> Flammenwerfer -> TRENCH GUN -> Husk Gun. Assuming of course they add in the Husk Gun. If not, I'd see it as Flare Gun -> MAC-10 -> Flammenwerfer -> TRENCH GUN.

And yes, I'm putting TRENCH GUN in all caps because it was THAT drat good in KF1.

EDIT: vvvv They might do a thing where the Flamethrower is just there and Firebugs get it buffed, but it's more "general firebug" thing? As in, it's not gonna appear in the Firebug's list per se, but other specialized fire things will.

widespread fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Jun 17, 2015

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

We already know they've got a caulking gun based firebug weapon, so adding the flamethrower and the trench gun, that means we're only getting one more fire weapon. I've been wondering what they'll fill the gap with, myself, since flare gun, Mac 10 and husk gun are all valid guesses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Zippo and a can of spraypaint, obviously