Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Suna's psychic conversation with Takeo was great and really highlights what a bro he is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
So good, I liked Yamato going right for the sexiest swimsuits ever and Takeo building an impregnable sand fort for Yamato's drawing. I'm totally fine with about 10 more episodes of Takeo x Yamato cute miscommunication and relationship shenanigans, then a big crisis right before the end, and then ending with them finally kissing. They've subverted enough Shoujo conventions already, finish it up straight up.

Actually, I'd like them to still subvert it a bit and have someone really mess with Suna in a way that Takeo can't use raw strength to fix, and then he thinks of a way to save the day at the end.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Yamato wanted to make Takeo's heart skip a beat and ended up stopping it altogether. No more saltsavorycookies please :ohdear:

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
I like how, though the young girls all are put off by Takeo, all the older women think stuff like "Man, my husband has nothing on this guy."

And as long as they keep stuff like that as observational and don't have much older women throwing themselves at Takeo, I will continue to like it.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Alas, Suna's sister is an older woman, so we're already at one. This does remind me that Yamato showing the first hints about being territorial and worried that other women will steal Takeo from her was pretty cute, and I want to see that developed more.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
College to High school doesn't really bother me, given that I see both as a bunch of dumb kids. I'd feel a little uncomfortable if a 40something housewife threw herself at Takeo.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Sometimes it feels like this show is a commentary on teenage girls having poor taste :v:

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

Everything Burrito posted:

Sometimes it feels like this show is a commentary on teenage girls having poor taste :v:

I actually think it's less "Teenage girls" and more "Japan". Like, I'm pretty sure that the author has stated openly how she's into big, burly guys. Big, Burly guys aren't really "in" right now in Japan.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

How Takeo sees Yamato when around other girls

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
More stills from the live action version have been released, unfortunately Takeo's Dad's full majesty cannot be truly expressed in live action:

sunburnedcrow
Dec 17, 2012

InspectorCarbonara posted:

unfortunately Takeo's Dad's full majesty cannot be truly expressed in live action:

It is a very good try, nevertheless. :allears:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

live action Takeo :blush:
almost spot-on Mrs. Gouda too

krnhotwings
May 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Surprised nobody's posted gifs yet..

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

krnhotwings posted:

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

krnhotwings posted:

I think that after every episode.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Suna_BestBro.gif

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Needs subs saying "Dude, stop staring"

krnhotwings
May 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Captain Invictus posted:

Needs subs saying "Dude, stop staring"

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

That was a good ep. I prefer this show when it favours comedy over drama.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Just watched the last couple episodes with my friend who normally only watches titty action anime. It's great to hear him giggle and squeal like Yamato's friends. The camping episode was my favorite chapter in the manga, and it didn't disappoint, but I loved how much fun they had animating the beach episode. This show is so good.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

This was the best episode yet. I was :allears: all throughout and actually laughed out loud at everything involving Takeo's parents, especially his dad and the golf magazine. What a show.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
Suna's the best.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
This show just keeps getting better and better, Suna walking in on Yamato and sleeping Takeo was especially amazing.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

still watching the episode but i love how unsettled Suna was when Takeo burst in
makes you wonder if he can even stand to see cling wrap anymore

FiftySeven
Jan 1, 2006

I WON THE BETTING POOL ON TESSAS THIRD STUPID VOTE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS HALF-ASSED TITLE

Slippery Tilde
His dad is so awesome, I find it kind of unbelievable that Yamato wouldn't be caught up by his magnificence too honestly.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

this episode was so good, listing the high points would just be an episode summary

now i just hope we get a hilarious episode with Yamato's parents

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

FiftySeven posted:

His dad is so awesome, I find it kind of unbelievable that Yamato wouldn't be caught up by his magnificence too honestly.

Not beefy enough

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
In other moments of Suna greatness, he doesn't even blink at Takeo's throw during the game at the beginning. Just strolls casually out of the way.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Everything Burrito posted:

In other moments of Suna greatness, he doesn't even blink at Takeo's throw during the game at the beginning. Just strolls casually out of the way.

Yeah, I hope to see gifs of Suna smoothwalking out of the way during soccer and SunaDoor. Suna is simultaneously the best bro and the best troll in the show.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Duracell jingle makes a comeback. The only battery capable of powering the sparkly bits around Takeo's dad's smile

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Suna sitting bolt upright when Takeo asked for a favor as a callback to a previous gag was magnificently done and surprisingly subtle for anime all things considered

And then Takeo's mom breaking out the fancy teacups he's never seen before when meeting his girlfriend for the first time, that's totally 100% a mom thing to do, mine did that with my first girlfriend and my reaction was almost exactly Takeo's :v:

All in all a top-shelf episode

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

Captain Invictus posted:

Suna sitting bolt upright when Takeo asked for a favor as a callback to a previous gag was magnificently done and surprisingly subtle for anime all things considered

And then Takeo's mom breaking out the fancy teacups he's never seen before when meeting his girlfriend for the first time, that's totally 100% a mom thing to do, mine did that with my first girlfriend and my reaction was almost exactly Takeo's :v:

All in all a top-shelf episode

hahaha yeah, his visible relief that it was something normal was hilarious

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

I'll make you cry like I did when my daddy died!
This is my show of the season, no question.

I know he doesn't have a "bad" life by any mean, but my hopes for the show all revolve around Suna finding things that make him happy, in karmatic repayment for his bro-ness.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I feel like a natural Suna storyline would be for him to fall in love with a girl who doesn't immediately swoon over him due to her being an interesting and fun person and such a refreshing change of pace from what he's used to. I have no idea where they'd find a mythical girl like that though.

I'm also worried that something serious will happen to Yamato, like getting beaten up by thugs badly when Takeo isn't around, and then he'll tear Tokyo apart for revenge :ohdear:.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

this is definitely the direction this light-hearted romcom is taking, yes

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009
What if there were two Yamatos? What if there were two Takeos?

That just about slayed me.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

a cartoon duck posted:

this is definitely the direction this light-hearted romcom is taking, yes

That's not even the first time 'what if this hosed up thing happened and it suddenly turned dark' has come up in this thread and I've no idea why.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
And I will say again, people think that because so many poo poo shoujo pull that garbage for cheap drama

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
That said, this latest episode did remind me of some past 'my friend is depressingly stupid' trauma.

• Locked thread