Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Unless there are in game dog toys, in which case gnaw on gamer dog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

rediscover posted:

With this character's death, the thread of prophecy is severed.
Restore a saved game to restore the weave of fate,
or persist in the doomed world you have created.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

I won't abuse that fact by hiding and letting the dog slowly gnaw things.

Noob.

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

your companions in skyrim were essential unless you attacked them, so id always accidentally do a brutal cinematic takedown where i cut off lydia or whoever's head

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

SM64Guy posted:

your companions in skyrim were essential unless you attacked them, so id always accidentally do a brutal cinematic takedown where i cut off lydia or whoever's head

Awesome.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Skyrim was crazy with essential NPCs. Like every 3rd NPC that wasnt a guard or a bandit was loving unkillable.

TacoTime
Jun 16, 2015

yeah.
one of my favorite essential moments was fallout 3, I was cheating around, and during some quest it was me and liam needad walking across the wasteland. I had godmode and noclip on while he gets killed by super mutants over and over again, down and then up repeatedly. It was hilarious

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Larry Parrish posted:

Skyrim was crazy with essential NPCs. Like every 3rd NPC that wasnt a guard or a bandit was loving unkillable.

'Twas gay indeed. :P

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

Sorry that you have teh exact same posting voice as every other alcoholic YOSPOS sadbrain.

Sector_Corrector is cool and not of YOSPOS, moron.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's dumb when you can't kill whoever you want

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

-Heavy sigh- I'm sorry I insulted your posting voice, sector_corrector.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I'm not sorry. That guy is a yospos style dumbass.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I'm not sorry. That guy is a yospos style dumbass.

Takes one to know one

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Quiet, worm.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Larry Parrish posted:

Takes one to know one

Owned

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
lol, they removed skills from Fallout 4.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I believe it's a multiple rank perk system, now. So like, Science 1, Science 2, etc. Might be fine.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

iu like perks better than skill points anyway if they;'re done right. skyrim's system was pretty eh though

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

net cafe scandal posted:

I believe it's a multiple rank perk system, now. So like, Science 1, Science 2, etc. Might be fine.

like the skyrim constellation thing? i would be fine with that.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fungah! posted:

iu like perks better than skill points anyway if they;'re done right. skyrim's system was pretty eh though

SPERG made me like it a lot better, although i'm going to be playing this on a ps4...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

SPERG made me like it a lot better, although i'm going to be playing this on a ps4...

Unless your Aspergers has been cured since Skyrim launched, it should still help you enjoy FO4.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

:grin:

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

Unless your Aspergers has been cured since Skyrim launched, it should still help you enjoy FO4.

:chanpop:

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Fungah! posted:

I think it'll make every character feel too similar. None of the weapon specific skills have shown up in the perk tree, so it looks like you'll be good with every weapon ever.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SunAndSpring posted:

I think it'll make every character feel too similar. None of the weapon specific skills have shown up in the perk tree, so it looks like you'll be good with every weapon ever.

Your dude got a bunch of cerebral training while in cryo, like the bad guy from Demolition Man

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Quiet, worm.

Greets.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Note to the OP - I'm waiting for Fallout series to go on sale so I can pick up the rest of the dlc and download JSawyer and some slutty clothes and some advanced loving before I start my simul play through.

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib

HORMELCHILI posted:

they said they did it because every time the dog died would be an instant-reload, which is true.

Wouldn't that be true for the player as well?

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

no like, almost everybody would manually reload as soon as their dog died

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

HORMELCHILI posted:

just like in real life

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
fo3 had a perk where if your dog died a new one would show up a few days later

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HORMELCHILI posted:

There's a huge difference between that and making the dog invincible though. That's like saying "why bother making death permanent in Fire Emblem if you're just going to reload the instant someone dies". It's a completely different challenge

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
I made a new guy and when I got to Nipton I took all my drugs inc. a turbo and punched vuples head off before he could start his dialog. This situation was very similar to Lancelots charge from the film "Monty Python and the Search for the Holy Grail" . I consider this to be a nod from the developers to Fallout 2.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

I made a new guy and when I got to Nipton I took all my drugs inc. a turbo and punched vuples head off before he could start his dialog. This situation was very similar to Lancelots charge from the film "Monty Python and the Search for the Holy Grail" . I consider this to be a nod from the developers to Fallout 2.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

this games getting too unstable and crashy now and every time i launch it i have to start a new game then load from there, gently caress u

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

SM64Guy posted:

this games getting too unstable and crashy now and every time i launch it i have to start a new game then load from there, gently caress u

corrupted save

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Dongicus posted:

corrupted save

yeah i read about it, im just hoping it'll at least ;ast me a while because i dont wanna start over

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

a lot of people recommend CASM which saves your game in a non retarded way (??) making it less prone to gettin corrupted

the Rivens Chunky Duncan Race_Fat Man mod has been removed from the nexus you can no longer be a fat man

• Locked thread