Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Great job by all our finalists, and thanks to everyone who participated here tonight. Thanks to the people who played and went out pre-jury as well.

Everyone can now post freely in this thread!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Don't worry AnonIdiot, I had your back.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Congrats MMM!

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Congrats MMM!!

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Congratulations MMM! You really did deserve this

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

Sorry, a system error occurred.
Congrats MMM! I thought you would Boston Rob but you Miked in the end. Well done!

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck

but for the record you literally would have had to kill me if i was in this game i wouldn't have let you get here!

maybe i will see you in an all stars season and we can finally see who is the true winner

(it's me)

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Adus posted:

(it's me)

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Adus posted:

but for the record you literally would have had to kill me if i was in this game i wouldn't have let you get here!

maybe i will see you in an all stars season and we can finally see who is the true winner

(it's me)

It's going to be mighty embarrassing when I trick you into a 2-2-3 vote split in my favor.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Thanks but I don't know if I can do this again.

I'm free!

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

You disrespect us. You drag corpses around. You steal, and you hurt feelings!

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!
http://forums.somethingawful.com/misc.php?action=whoposted&threadid=3712842

It's really interesting seeing the post numbers.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Please remember to back the Shenmue 3 kickstarter.

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Pretty pictures in small frames
Congrats MMM!

I am seriously baffled about why you were in the top 3. I had been telling Poque they needed to get you out ASAP and the final 4 was the perfect place to do it! There was no doubt in my mind you were gonna win duder.

Congrats to everyone really. It was a fun season to watch!

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Eight Dollars posted:

Congrats MMM!

I am seriously baffled about why you were in the top 3. I had been telling Poque they needed to get you out ASAP and the final 4 was the perfect place to do it! There was no doubt in my mind you were gonna win duder.

Here's my informal polling on that subject:

polling of how people wouldve voted if mmm got cut at f4:
code:
MMM		DoggPickle (probably)
garth		DoggPickle
Strong Mouse	AnAnonymousIdiot
Narc		AnAnonymousIdiot
Rurea		imgay
Chic		imgay
Jato		...
"hmmm, probably real close between imgay and dogg. 
imgay more because his shitposting amuses me. I’d probably go with dogg in the end based on how they played"
^^ Of course it's all hypothetical without a FTC with those players involved. What this shows is anyone could have won if MMM wasn't in the F3.

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Jun 19, 2015

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Eight Dollars posted:

Congrats MMM!

I wanted to get him out as quick as possible, but my first plan was ratted out and then he won immunity until I was voted out. I was sure he had the jury in the bag.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Trip :toot:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

You're lucky I held off on the megapost this time, MMM.

congratulations l~

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck
dogg you'll read about this endlessly in the vista, but i was completely loving baffled that you actively chose to keep him. i still don't think i understand. like, if i were on the jury and the finals had been you, imgay and anonidiot, i think even i may have voted for you.

you woo'ed yourself :(

The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

:coolfish:
:syoon::syoon::syoon::syoon:

congrats you big loving nerd

:syoon::syoon::syoon::syoon:

Also great job all of you! Anon and Dogg, I hope you are proud of your game because you both played really well and internet games take a surprising amount of dedication! Good on you for putting so much effort in and thanks for making this season so fun and awesome to watch!

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Also I regained the M/P streak, did you guys miss that? I lost it so it was my destiny to return it.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I want to see what he said

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

VIEWER'S VISTA LINK: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13mvJDiSegvc0PFtP0SjOFljFun1-Z4vliAa38PaMEbg/edit#gid=470257828

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I am also pleased to announce, the winner of the MANGOSTEEN™ Player of the Season award is...

MMM!

Other players receiving votes were imgay, Met, AnonymousNarcotics, garth, and DoggPickle.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Not even in the slightest bit surprised there. Everything about MMM's game has been a spectacle to watch.

Psychotic Puggle
May 21, 2012

When I'm dead, just throw me in the trash!
Congrats MMM!

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
I took Mmm to the final out of respect and because I am an honorable person. I honestly thought, and still think, that I played a much better game. I am completely baffled by the votes and seriously pretty pissed off at the moment. Literally everything he said in final tribal that regarded me was a lie. Everyone obviously had their minds made up before tribal anyways. I sound as bitter and ridiculous as that jury right now, but it's just too new. And no, I won't congratulate him, because I took him to the final out of respect, and he dogged me at the very end.

The one vote I am really really really pissed about is Rureas.

I'm sure I'll calm down tomorrow, but ATM I basically hate all of you lol. I'm sure you can understand how two months of work ended in zero votes, makes me angry right now.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:salt:

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

DoggPickle posted:

I took Mmm to the final out of respect and because I am an honorable person. I honestly thought, and still think, that I played a much better game.

Zesty fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Jun 19, 2015

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

You did play a strong game Dogg. You were with the majority and deciding the direction of the majority pretty much all the way through! :)

But, and you may have done this already, but if you think about each juror, you could kind of tell MMM was in a better spot if you let him come to the end. Jato, Strong Mouse: you didn't really know them, and they were allies with MMM when you voted them out. Narc: MMM's closest ally. Chic: Not happy with you at all, will vote MMM. So that's 4 votes, and that's enough for him to win.

I know it was a big gesture to keep MMM, but if you make that gesture, what happens happens. I also think, since you'd already cut Garth and Chic, keeping MMM undercut the body of your work a bit... if you'd cut him too, you could boast about taking down all the threats. Instead, you took out a few of your strong allies but let the player voted "biggest threat" in the chop game come along to the end. If you look at his FTC performance, stuff like the video the recorded and posted as an answer, and stuff like that, he was obviously a nightmare player to have at the end.

TLDR version: You played a strong game and have nothing to be ashamed about. The fact you didn't get votes was all because of the relationships MMM had with the jury.

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck

DoggPickle posted:

I took Mmm to the final out of respect and because I am an honorable person. I honestly thought, and still think, that I played a much better game. I am completely baffled by the votes and seriously pretty pissed off at the moment. Literally everything he said in final tribal that regarded me was a lie. Everyone obviously had their minds made up before tribal anyways. I sound as bitter and ridiculous as that jury right now, but it's just too new. And no, I won't congratulate him, because I took him to the final out of respect, and he dogged me at the very end.

I'm sure I'll calm down tomorrow, but ATM I basically hate all of you lol. I'm sure you can understand how two months of work ended in zero votes, makes me angry right now.

that's really disappointing, man

you played a really powerful game, but it's a russell-like situation. your gameplay, while impressive, lacked the charisma of MMM's. If that was all he had, maybe you'd have a better chance, but his game was also very strong. in that case, people will lean in favor of the guy they liked and were allied with.

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

Sorry, a system error occurred.

I love you.

And I love you, too.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
My only regret is D. Coil hit a deer.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

DoggPickle posted:

"Finally, and the most important point, this is a GAME."

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

let's rank the best survivor players from 2 on

2. donny brook

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

I'm ready to host my challenge now

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
why does tt have black man avatar while he is infact a pasty white dude

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

imgay posted:

why does tt have black man avatar while he is infact a pasty white dude

1) I'm not pasty

2) I'm not white

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I don't think you look as glorious as either of the men in your avatar. :colbert:

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
You're right. But there is a special hurt to zero votes. I wanted to go with you to the end man. Imagine what we could have done together, if I managed to make it on my own :( yours was the vote that actually hurt. You, imgay and Garth were on mmms hit list from the beginning. I don't understand what he did that was so great, other than being natural adorable.

I'm not bitter. I'm sad. I just don't understand these votes. Why would Mmm's allies that he failed to protect vote for him instead of the person who's vote was obvious and non-spiteful. Why would Garth vote Mmm when I pegged him as a non-emotional voter, and we both voted for him, yet I did all the work? Why would Narcotics vote for Mmm when I told her to play her idol and Mmm talked her out of it or at the very least gave her confusion about it. Why would chic vote for Mmm when she betrayed the poo poo out of him for basically no reason? It's not like we didn't both vote for her. Why would you, rules vote against me when we agreed to be best friends but I only voted you because I thought you'd be dq'd, when Mmm voted for you too? I understand I gays vote a bit, but anon wanted to send him to a fire making challenge which he knew that Mmm would win. So basically noni wanted to vote him out too.

You are all correct. I just don't understand this jury one bit. But I guess I'm just a different kind of voter.

The salty comments are unnecessary. I think after two months I get the right to be a little pissy for a couple hours about zero votes when I worked that hard. I already know I lost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh no, the space buddies have invaded the thread.
:woof: :woof: :woof: :woof: :woof:

• Locked thread