Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
Yeah just start buying/upgrading training slots when you have enough to purchase them and stay over 5k

Nightwatch (h) status update: even after updating all my guys to max level, and getting their runes to 16, I still lose a guy near the end. I don't have enough CC to keep both earthshaker and hecate locked down before they kill someone... maybe I should try keeping earthshaker locked down instead of hecate? I am bad at videogame :(

e: the winning team :)

padijun fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Jun 17, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FraudulentEconomics
Oct 14, 2007

Pst...
I'm having absolutely outstanding luck with my current setup.

Hecate, Dwarf, and Earthshaker in front.
Pyrona and Djinni in back.

Between the two random heals from Hecate and Djinni, I'm able to quite literally outlast drat near anything and I've got fairly potent burst damage. Been thinking about getting Grimbow up a little more and slapping him in instead of Pyrona for more consistent burst via his passive. I'm only 44 but man oh man I can handle me some poo poo, got to floor 48 once and regularly top out in the mid 40's.

For anyone curious, i usually slap gems toward 10 pulls whenever the daily event refunds half of it, managed to get my Hecate that way so I'm for it (and I got Earthshaker from my guaranteed 3 star, so he wasn't even that one!).

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
I don't have earthshaker but I would drop him before pyrona. The dorf can tank like a motherfucker even at 2* and hecate still has enough juice to act as main tank until the mid-late 50s.

Djinni
Grimbow | Dwarf
Pyrona | Hecate

One benefit of using 3 in the back row is Amora's rage steal benefits more heroes when you start using her. If you go with Alecta or Egg that's irrelevant I guess.

padijun fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Jun 17, 2015

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

padijun posted:

Nightwatch (h) status update: even after updating all my guys to max level, and getting their runes to 16, I still lose a guy near the end. I don't have enough CC to keep both earthshaker and hecate locked down before they kill someone... maybe I should try keeping earthshaker locked down instead of hecate? I am bad at videogame :(

I would just advise that you not waste your time trying to get 3* on that level for a while. I wasn't able to do it until yesterday.

Also, unrelated, but if you match your berserker up against the main demon on the loot island, he can stun him the whole time with some luck. I found this out with my tier 3 team today. I don't know why I didn't think of it before.

Jamwad Hilder fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Jun 17, 2015

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Dropping Super Feast at noon today.

Also yeah, with my primary team for the loot island demon, I put berserker in mid back and rose knight in front of him and try to use rose knight to stun when berserker's misses.

Envgard
Jan 22, 2015
I feel like the ultimate team would be something along the lines of Rose Knight or Dwarf in front middle with Berserker behind and then Blue Witch and Nereida and Dark Paladin filling the other slots. With luck you could just keep him stunned or sheeped the entire time. With just RK, Berserker and Nereida plus other DPS I was able to get under a minute before he managed to get his ult off when it usually goes off between the 1:30 and 1:20 mark.

edit: Oh and I'll put a big feast up right after yours ends as well.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
Thanks for the feasts guys.

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I would just advise that you not waste your time trying to get 3* on that level for a while. I wasn't able to do it until yesterday.

quote:

the winning team :)

I actually managed to do it after about ten tries where I was close. 25% learning from my mistakes, 75% luck. Now I get to blow through all these coupons I banked.

Coolspaz
Feb 26, 2004
And so it came to pass, and so it was told, quoth the raven "never more"

Envgard posted:

I feel like the ultimate team would be something along the lines of Rose Knight or Dwarf in front middle with Berserker behind and then Blue Witch and Nereida and Dark Paladin filling the other slots. With luck you could just keep him stunned or sheeped the entire time. With just RK, Berserker and Nereida plus other DPS I was able to get under a minute before he managed to get his ult off when it usually goes off between the 1:30 and 1:20 mark.

edit: Oh and I'll put a big feast up right after yours ends as well.

I managed with some Berserker luck to get all the way to 1 second before enrage, got about 325K as a lv 39 so not bad

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
Was curious to see if double loot angel chests were worth it, so I did 10x pulls from them today. For 500 gems I got:

12 styx stones (2 packs of 6)
4 nocturna
4 vienna
2 lunaria

Total those would cost 3920 angel points, but really the only ones worth a poo poo are styx, so drop that to 2880.

Plus 200 angel points, 25k gold, and 25 medium potions for the 25 angel chests event.

Worth it? probably not, since I think I got extremely lucky with the styx stones.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Getting a top-end angel maxed once you hit 70 really isn't that bad.

1. Sit on your blue exp pots from 65-70 (you will have surplus after)

2. Sit on your angel points starting in the low 60s (i have enough to go right to 4*)

3. Set aside ~15m gold to start. Each skill takes about 3.75m gold to take to 70.

4. Set aside 100 diamonds a day to reset. You will get 15 pieces a day doing this.

The upgrades are staggered enough after the initial need to raise 4 of them that you will have surplus gold again by the time you have to raise the 3* and 4* skill. And getting the last 2 tiers is a feat unto itself anyway.

Here's a full breakdown of points needed to get to 5*. Don't know the cost to go from 5 to 6 yet.

1* - 1200 points. You will get 5 pieces free for just buying her the first time.

2* - 20 pieces, or 4,800 points.

3* - 40 pieces, or 9,600 points.

4* - 80 pieces, or 19,200 points.

5* - 120 pieces, or 28,800 points.

Total is 63,600. If someone knows what 5 to 6 takes for pieces that'd be great. Just start sitting on your angel tower points in the low 60s, clear it every day, don't worry too much beyond that. I hit 70 with about 40,000. I spent 2400 on the other two because 'well why not'. You're going to be shop-limited for a while (~10 days) if you just buy 15 pieces a day.

e: addendum: you get 1150 points from clearing the tower each day, plus 300-400 rank points from doing this. So expect 1500/day average.

Tsurupettan fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Jun 20, 2015

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!
Is there a wiki or some list of useful heroes? I pulled a blood baroness on my 2* pull, and I'll probably do the 3* pull sometime this week but I have no idea whether I should sub out any of the starters. I also got a mermaid from some event thing

FraudulentEconomics
Oct 14, 2007

Pst...

gwrtheyrn posted:

Is there a wiki or some list of useful heroes? I pulled a blood baroness on my 2* pull, and I'll probably do the 3* pull sometime this week but I have no idea whether I should sub out any of the starters. I also got a mermaid from some event thing

From what I've found, everyone has SOME degree of usefulness but some are better than others in that regard. We should probably pool resources.

For Combat Healing, I like Hecate a lot. Line stun special attack, high health, heals roughly every other turn.
Pure Tank would probably be (from what I've heard) Dark Paladin and Nether Knight. Dark Paladin is less vulnerable to CC in that he can die once and come back to be super annoying, but Nether Knight with it's shield up is drat near impossible to take out if the shield stays up.
Utility Damage, I'm partial to Earthshaker but I've sort of put him by the wayside in exchange for Berzerker (who is free) just on the merit of targeted high damage and stuns galore. Earthshaker has a fairly reliable stun that deals good damage (at 45, 600-700 x2 then a follow up for about 2k) and his special attack can finish off weakened foes.
Pure Damage, god drat just about anyone that has pure damage abilities does well at what they do. I loving hate Arcane Spirit's special attack which always ALWAYS manages to hit my healer 3/4 times and kill her. Night Ranger is good single target, Grimbow shreds backlines, Atalanta is passable pure damage until you get someone better. I really like Astral Archer for support damage, his defense down special can REALLY let you shred a line.

Cotato
Mar 25, 2002

FraudulentEconomics posted:

From what I've found, everyone has SOME degree of usefulness but some are better than others in that regard. We should probably pool resources.

For Combat Healing, I like Hecate a lot. Line stun special attack, high health, heals roughly every other turn.
Pure Tank would probably be (from what I've heard) Dark Paladin and Nether Knight. Dark Paladin is less vulnerable to CC in that he can die once and come back to be super annoying, but Nether Knight with it's shield up is drat near impossible to take out if the shield stays up.
Utility Damage, I'm partial to Earthshaker but I've sort of put him by the wayside in exchange for Berzerker (who is free) just on the merit of targeted high damage and stuns galore. Earthshaker has a fairly reliable stun that deals good damage (at 45, 600-700 x2 then a follow up for about 2k) and his special attack can finish off weakened foes.
Pure Damage, god drat just about anyone that has pure damage abilities does well at what they do. I loving hate Arcane Spirit's special attack which always ALWAYS manages to hit my healer 3/4 times and kill her. Night Ranger is good single target, Grimbow shreds backlines, Atalanta is passable pure damage until you get someone better. I really like Astral Archer for support damage, his defense down special can REALLY let you shred a line.

How dare you leave out the god of tank our lord and savior sir elder dwarf?

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Of course after asking about a wiki since I didn't see it in 10 seconds of googling for it, I checked reddit because they usually have links to stuff like that.

http://www.reddit.com/r/LeagueofAngelsMobile/comments/35miq2/loa_fire_raiders_resources_for_beginners/

There is a wiki, but I don't really know how accurate it is

FraudulentEconomics
Oct 14, 2007

Pst...

Cotato posted:

How dare you leave out the god of tank our lord and savior sir elder dwarf?

I actually just promoted mine to 3*s as well. I love watching him dunk on an enemy line AND heal himself.

Lord and savior indeed, he'll probably be my first purple in 4 more levels.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
I'm partial to Valkyrie myself, but I'm a shop reset or so away from a dwarf. She's more of an annoyance tank right now, though. Her shield can fully tank Pyrona fireballs and still have room for more, and her active skill is dropping front line attack power by over 20% so she stays around even longer. Wanna see how annoying a frontline of Valkyrie, Dwarf, and Nether Knight can be.

Coolspaz
Feb 26, 2004
Is there some kind of randomness to the green level attacks? I have seen my team never actually use them while getting with 6 in a row from a single Rose Knight wiping the floor with his green attack

FraudulentEconomics
Oct 14, 2007

Pst...

Coolspaz posted:

Is there some kind of randomness to the green level attacks? I have seen my team never actually use them while getting with 6 in a row from a single Rose Knight wiping the floor with his green attack

You can't see the % chance for them, but they all have a chance to proc. Some are sort of every other turn (Hecate's heal) and others are on proc (Nether Knight, Atalanta).

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Cleaned up again, 3 spots open in guild. Don't bother contributing to expanding roster any more. Two of those spots have been around a while.

I'm going to throw a big feast up at 9 pm. It'll be my last one for a while.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
the nice thing about the group of guilds we're currently against in wharf is that I don't actually have to do anything for plunder, I can just set it to auto. Too bad there's almost no one worth looting.

FraudulentEconomics
Oct 14, 2007

Pst...

Jamwad Hilder posted:

the nice thing about the group of guilds we're currently against in wharf is that I don't actually have to do anything for plunder, I can just set it to auto. Too bad there's almost no one worth looting.

Are there bonuses to looting or something? I just steamroll the teams around my level.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

FraudulentEconomics posted:

Are there bonuses to looting or something? I just steamroll the teams around my level.

you get more loot based on the person's level, but that's it as far as I know.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Got a hecate and nightblade on my first 10 pull :toot:

For overnight exploiting, I'm basically going to get plundered to the max, so should I just do 3 hr over night or should I still just use the 6/12 depending on how long I'll be away?

Coolspaz
Feb 26, 2004

gwrtheyrn posted:

Got a hecate and nightblade on my first 10 pull :toot:

For overnight exploiting, I'm basically going to get plundered to the max, so should I just do 3 hr over night or should I still just use the 6/12 depending on how long I'll be away?

I usually do a 12 around 10 or so and if I get plundered, whatever, I'd get plundered anyway, at least I get some phat lewtz out of it, were so far ahead it won't matter

Cotato
Mar 25, 2002

Just 4* my dwarf. At 62 this guy is so badass.

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013

Cotato posted:

Just 4* my dwarf. At 62 this guy is so badass.

Nice, I been thinking about paying resets to get him to 4* quicker. I'm sitting on like 2k currency.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?
It's probably not all that impressive compared to the 70+ people, but I got a new personal high on today's Guild Boss.

Night Sentinel does so much damage.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Niton posted:

It's probably not all that impressive compared to the 70+ people, but I got a new personal high on today's Guild Boss.

I was going to say 'wow that's twice as much as I do' but you also timed the boss out. Mine today were poo poo with stun rng.

I've been sitting on my arena points, maybe I'll grab Night Sentinel.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".
Please accept jebuzprime to the guild, friend of mine who I got hooked on this game.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

done. 2 spots left.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Niton posted:

Yeah I managed to get up to something like 800k today using rose knight and wolfman to keep the boss stunned until like :40 :toot:

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
anyone else getting ridiculous connectivity issues lately? for the past few days it's been kinda bad, but today the game is basically unplayable

DarciisFyer
May 4, 2009

Jamwad Hilder posted:

anyone else getting ridiculous connectivity issues lately? for the past few days it's been kinda bad, but today the game is basically unplayable

Yep. Can't get into the wharf at all, everything else is a crapshoot.

Coolspaz
Feb 26, 2004

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I find it really bad doing anything in the wharf. Takes 15 min to plunder someone. Now I can't even log in

Pews
Mar 7, 2006

one thousand years of anime
Grimey Drawer
Yes I can't even buy poo poo from the shop for the event today. Definitely playing heroes charge more now cuz I get too frustrated with Connection Lost>_<

DarciisFyer
May 4, 2009
Well at least they shower you with gems and stamina after that happens. Gimme that cash.

Yudo
May 15, 2003

I just hit 55 and want a new angel. Can anyone advise me on Amora vs. Alecta?

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot

Yudo posted:

I just hit 55 and want a new angel. Can anyone advise me on Amora vs. Alecta?

I like Amora

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

I'm finding astral child makes a better off-tank than a lot of warriors

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolspaz
Feb 26, 2004
I swear if I need to farm one more Phoenix bow or elf helm I'm gonna go crazy. Every loving upgrade requires these god drat things

• Locked thread