Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Is that an Ocarina?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

I've never seen a bowl with that many carbs.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Real talk: Nobody called them "Ocarinas" until after ZOoT; before that, they were just 'little flutes'.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
They used the word in Monty Python's Meaning of Life. I wanna say that was the first time I'd ever seen it.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

blarzgh posted:

Real talk: Nobody called them "Ocarinas" until after ZOoT; before that, they were just 'little flutes'.

First time I heard it was an episode of Doug, then Skeeter accidentally swallows it. :smug:

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

manual prostate stimulator?

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Josh Lyman posted:

manual prostate stimulator?

Vertical foregrip for a m4

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv mITX Case

Because I used to have an mITX build and I loved it, but it died so I went to an ATX build which I don't love as much. I have to get an mITX motherboard to go with it too, but I'll get that next paycheck. I have one picked out already.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

blarzgh posted:

The real question is why anyone would care about that.

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

RCarr posted:

The real question is why anyone would care about that.

Welcome to the internet, I see you are new here. May I introduce you to my friends goat and rick

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

blarzgh posted:

I've literally never heard anyone call them a little flute and I lived a good portion of my life before Ocarina of Time existed.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
I've never actually seen one in real life, we always had plastic recorders when little. Those were lovely.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
The recorder is the parakeet of instruments.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

blarzgh posted:

Real talk: the word 'ocarina' was recorded as early as 1870s Italy (oca is goose, for the shape, and ocarina is a diminutive of that.)

Spoiler:I think you also mean 'vessel flutes'.
:goonsay:

uranium grass has a new favorite as of 20:28 on Jun 19, 2015

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Rolo posted:

The recorder is the parakeet of instruments.

You take that back! :rant:

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv mITX Case

Because I used to have an mITX build and I loved it, but it died so I went to an ATX build which I don't love as much. I have to get an mITX motherboard to go with it too, but I'll get that next paycheck. I have one picked out already.

What possible benefits are there to mITX over ATX other than reduced airflow and less options?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

big mean giraffe posted:

What possible benefits are there to mITX over ATX other than reduced airflow and less options?
I just love the lower profile, and it's not like I've ever used 3 video cards or 5 hard drives in a case at a time before and I don't forsee myself doing that in the future either. mITX has room enough for everything I need but it also doesn't require a big mid-tower case to house it.

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice

big mean giraffe posted:

I can store a microITX tower under my desk and not hit my knees on it.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

I can put a micro-itx next to an atx and call it junior.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

God drat, you could bounce a quarter off those tires.

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004
Got a stainless steel "conical" fermenter from SS Brewtech for my birthday.

The build quality on this thing is pretty nice for $195. I'm pretty excited to get something into this in a couple weeks to try it out. I wish it bottom drained for harvesting yeast like the Fast Ferment does, but that won't fit in my fermentation chamber and this will. Plus this thing just looks and feels awesome.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

I took me a lot longer than it should have to figure out that this was not a new bicycle seat.

Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

I am living my best & truest life.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

withak posted:

I took me a lot longer than it should have to figure out that this was not a new bicycle seat.

If you're gonna buy that kind of bicycle seat, you're really not going to be buying any bicycle seats.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

If I clip in my shoes I might as well clip in my anus.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Two bottles of Mead from this place.
http://apismead.com/

Raspberry-blackberry
and Honeymoon.

There is only1 and 1/8 of a bottle left.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

You had a pis mead :mrgw:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Jerry Cotton posted:

You had a pis mead :mrgw:

They should call you the kaizer because you're on a roll!

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

big mean giraffe posted:

I'm looking to make an mITX build (mainly just migrating all my current gear to a mITX mobo). But for me it's because I'll be moving a lot over the next 6 months and I'm doing it for portability reasons.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

colas posted:

I like saying "MOAB" moab moab moab.

Whats that acronym? Money Over All Bitches?

Lascivious Sloth
Apr 26, 2008

by sebmojo
The Moab Jeep Safari is an annual event, where 4-wheelers come to challenge the rough terrain of the backcountry in the Moab, Utah area. Although its title does say it's a festival of jeeps, a few take on the trails in 4x4 trucks. The Easter Weekend safari lasts for nine days, going through Easter Sunday.

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

I love the interface of this, would love to see more games set up like a giant table top.

Goddammit steam sales.

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

20% off at thinkgeek today so why not?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Daimo posted:

I can think of why not.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Daimo posted:

Because you have to go out in public?

Well I guess you don't have to....

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Daimo posted:

drat. Sick as h*ll.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Daimo posted:

I'm all for Star Trek gear but that looks like poo poo n

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Daimo posted:

I didn't even notice the Star Wars thing before two words came to my mind: daily carry.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Heh yeah... Star Wars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield

pr0digal posted:

I too pre-ordered this. Apple Watch is so 2015

But the Pip Boy is in fashion for at least the next 200 years!