Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Wordnumber posted:

"Raw Shock" is a pun on "Rorschach," as in the inkblot test.

Also a reference to Hokuto no Ken's opening theme.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

TheRealestMatt posted:

Show a new Devil's Third trailer. It's weirdly absent from E3

I hate to say it but there's probably a good reason for that

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Devil's Turd more like, hahahahahaha.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
https://picarto.tv/live/channel.php?watch=Plague
plague drawing thing while watching star trek.. huh

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Oh thank god he's watching DS9. Good man Plague, good man.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Liam is on god-drat fire in the first Shattered Memories video.

"Trade your daughter for more time on the phone" and "If I stare at this long enough, will all the enemies look like him?" both loving ruined me. Any of their "Trade <x> for more time on the <y>" references crack me up way more than they should.

Is there an original source for that line? Or is it Zaibutsu-grown? It's one of my favorite gags, I always assume it's a reference to a fighting game or something.

TheRealestMatt posted:

<How to improve Nintendo's conference>

I thought the Fire Emblem trailer was kinda lame too, I don't think it told me anything new at all about that game and didn't show gameplay. The FExSMT or whatever that followed was even worse because I only knew what it was by process of elimination. I think it actively took away knowledge of that game.

Couldn't agree more about ending the show on a high note.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Oxyclean posted:

I thought the Fire Emblem trailer was kinda lame too, I don't think it told me anything new at all about that game and didn't show gameplay. The FExSMT or whatever that followed was even worse because I only knew what it was by process of elimination. I think it actively took away knowledge of that game.

The trailer did show gameplay, but it was mainly showing that they started translating the game. Plus, the treehouse had like almost 2 hours of gameplay detailing the branching games.

maybeflan
May 15, 2014

Oxyclean posted:

Is there an original source for that line? Or is it Zaibutsu-grown? It's one of my favorite gags, I always assume it's a reference to a fighting game or something.

It's from Fighterpedia.
Episode 9: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsBrReP4W1Y

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

So are the latest E3 watch videos under a different sub-section? Because they're not listed in the Let's Watch section of the website.

maybeflan
May 15, 2014

Tae posted:

So are the latest E3 watch videos under a different sub-section? Because they're not listed in the Let's Watch section of the website.

Not at the moment it looks like. Check under the All Videos section.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

You don't really notice it just watching over the years now but drat Matt lost some weight. Good on him.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Commissar Ken posted:

You don't really notice it just watching over the years now but drat Matt lost some weight. Good on him.

He just gave it to Woolie.

Woolie carries it a lot better, though.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

He just gave it to Woolie.

Woolie carries it a lot better, though.

The SBF actually live in a constant state of balance, as Pat loses hair Liam grows more as well.

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.
Thanks guys. I'm currently going through a diet right now, and it's hell. No carbs, no sugar, no salt, no marinade for meat. Water only to drink.

Splatoon video later today!

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

No meat marinading is probably the worst part. How long have you been on this thing if you don't mind me prying cause that's some pretty solid results.

Also Splatoon means life.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Will we finally answer the age old question of weather you're a kid or a squid?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Maybe it's South American privilege, but no marinading doesn't sound that bad, all you need is salt, pepper and fucktons of garlic. Everything else, tho...

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

TheRealestMatt posted:

Thanks guys. I'm currently going through a diet right now, and it's hell. No carbs, no sugar, no salt, no marinade for meat. Water only to drink.

I know how you feel :(

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

TheRealestMatt posted:

poo poo's tough, but I bet it feels good to be, by a wide margin, the second fittest Zaibatsu member.
What you need is to trick Liam into eating more, and then the crown is yours.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

PiedPiper posted:

poo poo's tough, but I bet it feels good to be, by a wide margin, the second fittest Zaibatsu member.

YEAH! Get him to eat sticks of butter and tell him it's for a video that winds up never coming out.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Rhonne posted:

Will we finally answer the age old question of weather you're a kid or a squid?

Get ready to have your mind blown: You're both.

And yeah, Matt, currently dieting myself since me and my girl have a 5K coming up in August. Just remember the basic, obvious things: Calories in vs calories out, watch your portions, and exercise at least 30 minutes a day when you can.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Charles Martel posted:

Get ready to have your mind blown: You're both.

:psyboom:

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

TheRealestMatt posted:

I can't believe Foods and Doods was a loving work!

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
I guess Matt just really hates cereal

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I wonder if they'll find the other hunter audio message in Shattered Memories. It's a guy scolding his son and calling him queer for not pulling the trigger, so I wanna hear Liam's reaction to that considering his hobby.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

PiedPiper posted:

Matt is the second thinnest, but he's probably the healthiest overall, since Liam gets all his calories from Pocky and rhythm games.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

PiedPiper posted:

Liam can't gain weight, it'll ruin his ability to stalk his prey through the woods before setting upon it with his mighty teeth and claws.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Liam plays so many lovely japanese games to gain their essence of living, which is to look young and fit until 70, when you go completely old and wrinkly in a second.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

TheRealestMatt posted:

Jeez. I'm glad I have an outlet for my decent-but-occasionally-lovely eating habits. I'd hate to have to go on a diet like that.

Although water only is a pretty good standard, after a while you stop craving other things. I used to drink an insane amount of mountain dew and other soda, stopped cold turkey and lost 30 pounds just from that. In addition to helping you not feel like poo poo, really, and if you drink (US) soda after a while of not having it, you'll start to really notice the corn syrup aftertaste, which is pretty much the worst.

Tae posted:

Liam plays so many lovely japanese games to gain their essence of living, which is to look young and fit until 70, when you go completely old and wrinkly in a second.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCpdlypZooc

No joke, when I saw this in my subscriptions I thought "That's weird, I thought Freedom Planet was ovOH MY GOD"

Silentman0 fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Jun 20, 2015

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Does the old Chrono Trigger playthrough hold up? I've never watched it.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I remember liking it.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
Splatoon is awesome, but it's starting to get a little old after I've been playing it almost nonstop since it came out. Always being put against teams of max-level crackshots from Japan and not being able to back out of queues and matches at all sucks, but it's still all worth the $60, in my opinion.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

Man, Liam and Woolie are giving some atrocious advice in the multiplayer. The amount of games where I lost because the corners weren't covered are FAR outweighed by the amount of games where the enemy took a foothold in the middle of the map. Advance on the enemy as fast as possible! GO HARD IN THE PAINT, MOTHERFUCKER.

Better than Maximilian, though. Good lord, he's terrible.

Silentman0 fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Jun 20, 2015

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Silentman0 posted:

Man, Liam and Woolie are giving some atrocious advice in the multiplayer. The amount of games where I lost because the corners weren't covered are FAR outweighed by the amount of games where the enemy took a foothold in the middle of the map. Advance on the enemy as fast as possible! GO HARD IN THE PAINT, MOTHERFUCKER.

Also, for those that need more convincing: Turtling isn't fresh.

BIG PLAYS are fresh.

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

No, let's not turn Splatoon community into another Dark Souls.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
Only weird dudes play splatoon though

ArclightBorealis
May 28, 2014

You are HUGE!
That means you have HUGE ESSENCE!

RIP AND TEAR YOUR ESSENCE!!
Video games are serious loving business, you guys.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

ArclightBorealis posted:

Video games are serious loving business, you guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nexas
Sep 4, 2009

nope

Just finished watching the "AMD E3 PC Talk Show" and dear god did that whole 2 and a half hours feel like forever. To include a wet fart of a ending that was No Man's Sky seemed appropriate.