Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zaras
Mar 11, 2013

Okay.

Tenzarin posted:

Maybe you should of thought more about not playing ff14 before playing the xpac with all the new and cool stuff. If you can't sit through a weeks worth of fetch quests content, then maybe a story based MMO is not for you.

Never said anything about not being able to sit through "a week's worth of fetch quests content".:shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bertram Weatherby
Jul 23, 2013

Curse you Furuhata!
If this question has been answered already, I apologise.

I have a friend who has a copy of 2.0 bought via Steam, and he just bought HW with Steam as well. However, neither of the two codes (pre-order and expansion registration) codes are doing anything on any of the sites, and he's tried the lot. Is there some arcane ritual needed to do this or is something wrong?

Thanks.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Bertram Weatherby posted:

If this question has been answered already, I apologise.

I have a friend who has a copy of 2.0 bought via Steam, and he just bought HW with Steam as well. However, neither of the two codes (pre-order and expansion registration) codes are doing anything on any of the sites, and he's tried the lot. Is there some arcane ritual needed to do this or is something wrong?

Thanks.

He put it into Mog Station?

Bertram Weatherby
Jul 23, 2013

Curse you Furuhata!

KoB posted:

He put it into Mog Station?

He tried both codes on both the "Enter the Registration Code for the Expansion" and "Enter Pre-Order Code" pages of Mogstation, as well as the dedicated preorder site. No joy.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Zaras posted:

Never said anything about not being able to sit through "a week's worth of fetch quests content".:shrug:

Realtalk, I tried fighting this battle a long time ago, you're not gonna convince anyone here. I agree with you, but, much like the warrior of light, the echo's pretty strong in this thread.

Plus you should just leave the "but they're WRONG" stuff at the door because who gives a poo poo.

Also I want to punch this kid who I kept alive when we first saw bismark right in the throat for being an obnoxious shitlord, and I'm so glad his dad did it for me. Spoilered because it can't hurt, it's really early leveling stuff in the sea of clouds

LITERALLY MY FETISH fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Jun 20, 2015

Zaras
Mar 11, 2013

Okay.

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

Realtalk, I tried fighting this battle a long time ago, you're not gonna convince anyone here. I agree with you, but, much like the warrior of light, the echo's pretty strong in this thread.

Plus you should just leave the "but they're WRONG" stuff at the door because who gives a poo poo.

Fair enough, fair enough.

On a different note, whose idea was it to make players do a level 15 guildhest as part of the 2.1 quests.

Zaras fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Jun 20, 2015

shas
Jul 27, 2011

Zaras posted:

Fair enough, fair enough.

On a different note, whose idea was it to make players do a level 15 guildhest as part of the 2.1 quests.

2.1 iirc in particular was bad for making you go back through optional content. You have to do Qarn, next, which at the time a lot of people skipped.

Downtime
Sep 25, 2009
50 Drk, now the real fun begins!

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Minrad posted:

Also I've been holding off gushing but drat, this expansion really nails the idea of telling a story and delivering a compelling single player experience compared to ARR. The latter patches did a much better job of it, but so far all the single player instances, class quests, and storylines have been great. Even my friend who could barely stand leveling 1-50 in ARR is really digging what HW is doing so far.

Yeah since there's always people complaining but rarely celebrating, I just want to add, Heavensward is goddamned amazing so far and definitely lives up to the hype

I really can't believe how good the story is. Like it's actually pretty good on its own merits, not just "less poo poo than other video games". The areas are beautiful and huge and there's just so much to do it's hard to stay on one track.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Downtime posted:

50 Drk, now the real fun begins!

Oh my god that sword looks amazing. Is that the magitek weapon for DRK?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I was going to level DRK but now I kinda wanna do MCH instead with how fricked up DF is right now, despite not being that interested in MCH. :(

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

MCH is fun and instant queues are funner

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

queeb posted:

MCH is fun and instant queues are funner

I found MCH at 30 really really boring, but I also don't really like bard dps either and they're really really similar, so YMMV.

Do they ever get a way to reload that isn't their two abilities?

Boten Anna posted:

Yeah since there's always people complaining but rarely celebrating, I just want to add, Heavensward is goddamned amazing so far and definitely lives up to the hype

The nice thing is they've managed to balance it so far. Like, yeah, there's bear rear end quests, but you can mindlessly do the like 2-3 of them while doing story stuff, and the story stuff isn't needlessly long, so it doesn't feel like a massive grind to get it done. They've really refined their storytelling to the point where if you like it you'll really like it and if you don't then it's basically a completely ignorable and not terrible aspect of the game on your way to 60 and raids/dungeons with buds. It's the best of both worlds.

LITERALLY MY FETISH fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Jun 20, 2015

Downtime
Sep 25, 2009

Kwyndig posted:

Oh my god that sword looks amazing. Is that the magitek weapon for DRK?

Yup and colored with the gold metallic dye.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

You know what I just realized? We're well into primetime on launch evening, and there's barely a crash or other showstopper to be seen. Either we overestimated the launch day woes, there aren't a lot of early accessors, or SE's IT personnel really know their poo poo.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

I may or may not have paused to start blaring John Cena's theme song when I walked in to champion Tataru for the trial by combat. Also, I love that so many of the things coming up in these new quests, like the DRK first quest and in the MSQ, are solved by violence. Everyone freaks out, and then someone goes "well, you could just beat the poo poo out of these people and the problem goes away" and I just go "Finally, now someone in this game is speaking my language." It's very cathartic after the 2.55 stuff.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Ciaphas posted:

You know what I just realized? We're well into primetime on launch evening, and there's barely a crash or other showstopper to be seen. Either we overestimated the launch day woes, there aren't a lot of early accessors, or SE's IT personnel really know their poo poo.

Dare you to log out and reopen your client.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.
I've been trying to log in, but Aether seems to be having some issues, error 2002 every time. Interestingly, I tried swapping Data Centers and Primal was fine.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Obligatum VII posted:

I've been trying to log in, but Aether seems to be having some issues, error 2002 every time. Interestingly, I tried swapping Data Centers and Primal was fine.

Log into another data center, click the x at the bottom left to go back, then do your data center.

Wooo 5 person que, way to go dead server.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Tenzarin posted:

Dare you to log out and reopen your client.

Have done without issue several times today. :shrug:

Calihan
Jan 6, 2008
Lobby server is indeed making GBS threads its pants again. Aether is a no-go but had I issues even trying to connect to Primal as well.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
flushing my DNS helped with that error, so

Downtime
Sep 25, 2009
RIP female Au Ra, you lasted about 15 hours..

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

Captain Oblivious posted:

On the flip side his attacks are no longer blunt. Supposedly his flaming crush was also changes but I didn't spot the difference

His damage is elemental, so it'll be boosted by magic damage boosters rather than monks. Flaming Crush is 5y radius, which I believe is up from 3y.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Goddamn. Astrologians are insanely loving fun. Goddamn.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Mordiceius posted:

Goddamn. Astrologians are insanely loving fun. Goddamn.

Running with my friend as one was just "LOWER COOLDOWNS MORE DAMAGE, EVERYTHING MUST GO" and it was great

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know
I got to level 17 before realizing there was a tab for abilities and traits and such where we have the dash and teleport skills as well as skills unlocked from other classes. This whole time I've been walking around like some plebeian when I could've been dashing or teleporting to crystals! I've been having a lot of fun on the trial. I haven't played a FF game in years (last one being 10) and everything feels very FF from the generic bad guy who kills his own men to show off how evil he is to that chocobo music when fast traveling to a town which has been stuck in my head all day. To be honest I had really low expectations for the game when starting. I heard about this game when it was first released and everyone said it was the worst game made so I completely forgotten about its existence until recently when I saw goons arguing about this in another thread. It certainly scratches that mmo itch that I've been having.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
you walked everywhere...for 17 levels?

godspeed

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
So im getting home from a trip tomorrow, is there any way for me to get the game and play without waiting for launch day or is early access done?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Does the AST card that lowers cooldowns make them tick faster for 15 seconds regardless of if it was already on cooldown, or does the ability have to be used while under the effects of the card?

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
I'm a fool of a fool and the siren call of not having to gently caress with materia again, at least for a while, has me interested in the crafting game once more

Seems like leveling is the name of the game for now. Are leves and the super leves an okay way to go about it still or has a more efficient way been rooted out?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I've got MCH to 36 now, and I'm wondering, does anything on the way up ever really change the fundamental "1-2-3 with random chance of not getting 2 or 3 if ammo's on cooldown" thing? It's not really grabbing me at all, despite the allure of turrets at 40.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Countblanc posted:

Does the AST card that lowers cooldowns make them tick faster for 15 seconds regardless of if it was already on cooldown, or does the ability have to be used while under the effects of the card?

You have to activate the ability while under the effect

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I don't mind the separate zone instances. What I do mind is that you can't change your zone instance and party members aren't automatically put into the same zone instance.

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

God drat lizardgirl owns.

(also loving that the female DRK idle is the Kiryuin pose)

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.

Ciaphas posted:

I've got MCH to 36 now, and I'm wondering, does anything on the way up ever really change the fundamental "1-2-3 with random chance of not getting 2 or 3 if ammo's on cooldown" thing? It's not really grabbing me at all, despite the allure of turrets at 40.

MCH basically lines up all of their 90s cooldowns to do stupid huge burst damage with Wildfire if their ability list is anything to go by.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Moogle land is such a goddamn pain to move around in without a flying mount.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

So Im assuming Excalibur wont open even at 4am for new characters due to the massive load. I dont want to burn my whole free month trying to get on one server, but I dont know if I lose anything just making a random character to gently caress around with and learn the ropes while I wait for things to settle down. :ohdear:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Hivac posted:

MCH basically lines up all of their 90s cooldowns to do stupid huge burst damage with Wildfire if their ability list is anything to go by.

Eeehhh doesn't really sound like my bag. Oh well, there's always BLM or DRG for my DPS jollies, once I get done with DRK (or burned out on it, either or).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Ciaphas posted:

Eeehhh doesn't really sound like my bag. Oh well, there's always BLM or DRG for my DPS jollies, once I get done with DRK (or burned out on it, either or).
MCH is very similar to BRD but with less focus on procs and more on ammo management from what I've played of it, so if you didn't like BRD you probably won't like it.

• Locked thread