Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chickpea Roar
Jan 11, 2006

Merdre!

Cole posted:

if you can't make a choice as to which sets to keep in your 160lb saddlebag, you for sure have autism.

Lol if you don't constantly change your armour depending on the time of day/location/weather/company/etc. I have all the witcher sets and both Nilfgaardian and Skellige formal sets in addition to an Eternal Fire executioners armour for when I'm undercover. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

JetsGuy posted:

Also does the game keep selling you scrolls/formulae/diagrams for poo poo you already have? If so, gently caress off game.

No, it does not. Recipes for stuff you already have won't randomly drop, either. It's probably to your advantage to buy up all the recipes you can, especially the basic versions ASAP

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Chickpea Roar posted:

Lol if you don't constantly change your armour depending on the time of day/location/weather/company/etc. I have all the witcher sets and both Nilfgaardian and Skellige formal sets in addition to an Eternal Fire executioners armour for when I'm undercover. :colbert:

here I thought I was clever for taking all 3 formal Nilfgaard sets just to sell them as soon as I got out of there.

Pellisworth posted:

No, it does not. Recipes for stuff you already have won't randomly drop, either. It's probably to your advantage to buy up all the recipes you can, especially the basic versions ASAP

That's great news and I'm going to start dumping all my coins into this poo poo then.

That said, I have looted almost all the basic oils/concotions/bombs anyway I think....

Most of the scrolls I see are for mediocre armor I will never make or for runes/glyphs i will also never make.

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost

Wiseblood posted:

Pretty sure all food/crafting/alchemy items weigh .01 each

Yeah I know. The point is, quickly, how much do the following items weigh in total:

I don't know whether the combined total of that inventory tab is 30 weight units or 50 or 99 or whatever the hell, the game doesn't tell me and I haven't bothered to count.

If I could find some merchants who actually have money I might sell some of those things, then hopefully would have enough free capacity to craft the new wolf armour

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

jaete posted:

Same. I don't even know what the hell weighs so much since the inventory doesn't let me sort things by weight and I can't be bothered to go check every item manually.

Maybe it's the combined weight of my ingredients collection, including literally 500 dwarven spirit, 400 alcohest and similarly silly amounts of everything else.

how do you have 900 bottles of alcoholest and dwarven spirit? Are you obsessively looting every container in addition to buying all stocks you see at every merchant?

For what purpose?

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

jaete posted:

Yeah I know. The point is, quickly, how much do the following items weigh in total:

I don't know whether the combined total of that inventory tab is 30 weight units or 50 or 99 or whatever the hell, the game doesn't tell me and I haven't bothered to count.

If I could find some merchants who actually have money I might sell some of those things, then hopefully would have enough free capacity to craft the new wolf armour

why do you need as much of anything that you have?

chop all that stuff down to ~20 each.

you have over 90 thread.

why do you need over 90 thread?

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

Criminals are a superstitious, cowardly lot, so my disguise must be able to strike terror into their hearts!
just install a mod for 9999 weight and never worry about having too much or too little of anything again

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Cole posted:

why do you need as much of anything that you have?

chop all that stuff down to ~20 each.

you have over 90 thread.

why do you need over 90 thread?

For the secret sewing bee sidequest to unlock the Masamune, duh.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Hey man, you never know. I feel your pain bag brother.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I just beat the game comfortably at level 35, with 60k gold and a steady ~120 in weight, while making sure to prune my huge stacks of crafting/alchemy gear. Had Mastercrafted Feline armor and Mastercrafted Ursine swords and love love loved it.

Ending spoilers:
I am really unhappy with my ending :( Ciri went on to be a Witcheress, which seems really lame to me. I tried to be as positive and supportive of her and let her chose her own path, perhaps a bit too much? I did not take her to see the Emperor when I had the opportunity (before killing the crones and the Wild Hunt general I think?). I killed Radovid which was quite fun. I was hoping Ciri would become Empress and that was my goal but I guess I hosed it up. And what happened - she went into that portal created by Avallac'h and then it cuts to two weeks later...was there more to that that I missed? I feel like I have so many questions.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Bort Bortles posted:

I just beat the game comfortably at level 35, with 60k gold and a steady ~120 in weight, while making sure to prune my huge stacks of crafting/alchemy gear. Had Mastercrafted Feline armor and Mastercrafted Ursine swords and love love loved it.

Ending spoilers:
I am really unhappy with my ending :( Ciri went on to be a Witcheress, which seems really lame to me. I tried to be as positive and supportive of her and let her chose her own path, perhaps a bit too much? I did not take her to see the Emperor when I had the opportunity (before killing the crones and the Wild Hunt general I think?). I killed Radovid which was quite fun. I was hoping Ciri would become Empress and that was my goal but I guess I hosed it up. And what happened - she went into that portal created by Avallac'h and then it cuts to two weeks later...was there more to that that I missed? I feel like I have so many questions.

Well how can you expect Ciri to become an empress if you don't tell her about the fact that the emperor wishes to meet her and pretty much enlisted you to find her. She won't find out that Emhyr wants her as his successor.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

jaete posted:

oh my god this is not an MMO you don't need more than a handful of any single reagent. The only reagents/crafting materials you should hoard are dimeritium components and gems because those are expensive and the high end gear requires them.

Seriously, go sell off everything you have down to a max of 5 per stack. You emphatically do not need all that poo poo and you can just buy flowers.

Edit: you can also just drop some stuff by your fave fast travel sign. It won't disappear.

Meteorite Silver Ingot + Dark Steel Ingot = Refined Dimeritium Ore
2x Glowing Ore = Glowing Ingot
Glowing Ingot + Refined Dimeritium Ore = Dimeritium Ingot
2x Dimeritium Ingot = Dimeritium Plate

keep all that poo poo, plus gems and some gem dust. Dump everything else down to a max of 5.

IT WILL BE OK I PROMISE

Pellisworth fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Jun 19, 2015

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
Edit- ^^^Did you just edit your post to say the exact thing that I just said? Weird!

Pellisworth posted:

oh my god this is not an MMO you don't need more than a handful of any single reagent. The only reagents/crafting materials you should hoard are dimeritium components and gems because those are expensive and the high end gear requires them.

I really don't understand people who hoard stuff in modern rpgs. I regularly sell off stacks of mats because pretty much everything besides whole gems are incredibly abundant and easy to find in the world or to buy and if you sell it to the right vendor you get stacks of orens! Just sell that poo poo, pixel hoarders! It's going to be ok I promise!

Waterbed Wendy fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Jun 19, 2015

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
How the hell do you have 90k gold? Is that what you get if you go to all the ?s and sell all the stuff instead of dropping it? Like I don't think there's more than 20k worth of stuff to buy but still, :stare:.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Azazell0 posted:

Well how can you expect Ciri to become an empress if you don't tell her about the fact that the emperor wishes to meet her and pretty much enlisted you to find her. She won't find out that Emhyr wants her as his successor.
I figured I would have a chance to tell her about him and another chance to take her. I'm not sure, it just seemed like a bad idea because all the emperor wanted to do is find her - how do I know he will let her leave his presence if I take her? Especially when I have not even broached the subject yet? How do I know the game will not give me the option to tell her that her father is looking for her and wants to meet her without taking her to see him?.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Pot Of Shoe posted:

Edit- ^^^Did you just edit your post to say the exact thing that I just said? Weird!

I really don't understand people who hoard stuff in modern rpgs. I regularly sell off stacks of mats because pretty much everything besides whole gems are incredibly abundant and easy to find in the world or to buy and if you sell it to the right vendor you get stacks of orens! Just sell that poo poo, pixel hoarders! It's going to be ok I promise!

It's not like selling poo poo makes more sense. What am I gonna do with another 2 or 3 thousand crowns?

^^^^^^^^ Same boat, I wanted to do it afterwards.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Not sure if things you drop stick around forever, but they seem to hang around for a while. Next time I play through I might just pick an easy to remember place and dump all my stuff on the ground like a loving animal.

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

:spooky:
Screaming is the only useful thing that we can do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFYgGyYsO8U
I only just realised I can create a beeswarm with forcepush - no more setting fire to beehives for me!

Would love a Nic Cage voiceover to this video.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

GrossMurpel posted:

It's not like selling poo poo makes more sense. What am I gonna do with another 2 or 3 thousand crowns?

^^^^^^^^ Same boat, I wanted to do it afterwards.

How does selling poo poo not make sense? Selling poo poo makes a lot of sense if you are overburdened every other bandit camp. You see, crowns don't weigh a thing and you can buy even stuff with them. It's all upside, unless you need to hang on to every shiny rock and scrap of leather you come across.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Pot Of Shoe posted:

How does selling poo poo not make sense? Selling poo poo makes a lot of sense if you are overburdened every other bandit camp. You see, crowns don't weigh a thing and you can buy even stuff with them. It's all upside, unless you need to hang on to every shiny rock and scrap of leather you come across.

You can drop stuff without bothering to go to a merchant :ssh:

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

GrossMurpel posted:

You can drop stuff without bothering to go to a merchant :ssh:

I guess I misunderstood you. I thought you were saying that it was better to hoard things instead of getting rid of them because of the quote of mine specifically addressed that. I drop things all the time, but I sell armor and weapons because I like big numbers I guess :shrug:

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Listen I'm going to give you a week. If in a week you don't have my 100 crowns.... just have my crowns :shepface:

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Is there any new game plussing or whatever? Or is it just try again as a different character if you want to play past your first play through?

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

How the hell do you have 90k gold? Is that what you get if you go to all the ?s and sell all the stuff instead of dropping it? Like I don't think there's more than 20k worth of stuff to buy but still, :stare:.

I lost something like 14k buying up raw materials and crafting lots of dimeterium stuff for the Ursine torso armour alone. I'd already wasted all my raw materials on the Griffin set but still, you can really burn through cash if you're not carrying enough of the right crafting materials.

Oh and that Druid in Skellige is murder on the wallet as well.

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

Criminals are a superstitious, cowardly lot, so my disguise must be able to strike terror into their hearts!
with all the crowns there should be more things to buy.

one of the alchemy recipes I never made required dark essence, but I stopped being able to find nightwraiths and found only regular wraiths that drop regular wraith essence

sell me the dark essence, ill pay thousands.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

You can find re spawning nightwraiths north of Cunny of the Goose, at night obviously.

Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

JetsGuy posted:

I don't give a poo poo about the Orphans, they're cunts.

I wonder how many dead kids this guy has under his crawl space.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Meta-Mollusk posted:

I wonder how many dead kids this guy has under his crawl space.

You don't have very good reading comprehension do you

edit: In case it's not clear why I said that because you don't have very good reading comprehension, he was calling the Crones cunts. Good sick burn though, real necessary.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Jun 20, 2015

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...
Having spared Letho in my previous game... I was happy to run into him at that Reardon Manor and proving once again how loving awesome Letho is.

I'm 35 hours in and haven't even finished the bloody baron quest line.. man i'm milking these side quests and monsters nests/exploration.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum

TipsyMcStagger posted:

Having spared Letho in my previous game... I was happy to run into him at that Reardon Manor and proving once again how loving awesome Letho is.

I'm 35 hours in and haven't even finished the bloody baron quest line.. man i'm milking these side quests and monsters nests/exploration.

I want to do this but with wolven armor but I can't :mad:

Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

CJacobs posted:

You don't have very good reading comprehension do you

edit: In case it's not clear why I said that because you don't have very good reading comprehension, he was calling the Crones cunts. Good sick burn though, real necessary.

:thumbsup:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Davoren posted:

You can find re spawning nightwraiths north of Cunny of the Goose, at night obviously.

I think someone else mentioned it, but best town name? y/y?

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

So about real bad ending with the Crone... If you get that one, do you appear at Kaer Morhen after the credits? Seems canonical that he lives after all three endings. I didn't get that ending so I'm curious.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

Automatic Slim posted:

So about real bad ending with the Crone... If you get that one, do you appear at Kaer Morhen after the credits? Seems canonical that he lives after all three endings. I didn't get that ending so I'm curious.

Well, after the ending everything is as if you didn't do the last act of the game so I think the simplest explanation is that yeah, he dead.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

dyzzy posted:

Well, after the ending everything is as if you didn't do the last act of the game so I think the simplest explanation is that yeah, he dead.

Interesting.

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

So Triss and Yennifer. Whoops I guess.

The Insect Court
Nov 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Bort Bortles posted:

Ending spoilers:

That's obviously meant to be the 'good' ending, but I think the second one had more emotional impact, even if it's super :smith: for Geralt. That whole extended sequence between the two is a great example of how W3 manages to create characters with real depth of feeling(despite many of those characters being emotionless killing machines).

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
So I just started the Bald Mountain quest. Am I able to leave it and go gently caress around? I went up like 6 levels in the questline before it and want to go mastercraft my gear.

EDIT: By the way, in the Kaer Morhen quests before it is it possible to keep Vigi the fool from dying?

RatHat fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Jun 20, 2015

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
I want a Dlc were i can play the entire game as Lambert instead please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009

RatHat posted:

So I just started the Bald Mountain quest. Am I able to leave it and go gently caress around? I went up like 6 levels in the questline before it and want to go mastercraft my gear.

EDIT: By the way, in the Kaer Morhen quests before it is it possible to keep Vigi the fool from dying?

You mean the guy in the cage in the giant's lair? That's simple, just get him out of the cage without waking the giant.