Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
khy
Aug 15, 2005

steinrokkan posted:

Congrats on your autism and / or worship of corporate property, hope you make the best of it!

I rearranged the sentence you just made alphabetically.

/ and autism best Congrats corporate it! make of of on or property, hope the worship you your

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
People who play games on the day of release are literal scum.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

steinrokkan posted:

People who play games on the day of release are literal scum.

Psst I hear that you enjoy putting penises in your mouth please confirm if this is true or not

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

khy posted:

I rearranged the sentence you just made alphabetically.

/ and autism best Congrats corporate it! make of of on or property, hope the worship you your

I'm sorry your disorder compels you towards such pointless endeavours.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

khy posted:

Psst I hear that you enjoy putting penises in your mouth please confirm if this is true or not

It's not true, I just hate games and gamers.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

steinrokkan posted:

It's not true, I just hate games and gamers.
don't you know that gamers are dead

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
Gonna livestream my "digital unboxing" of Fallout 4 and hope I can beat the viewers to unlocking my own game without one of them stealing my code from me as I fumble around in the menus and breathe heavily into a microphone shaped like a Burger King whopper.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Gonna livestream my "digital unboxing" of Fallout 4 and hope I can beat the viewers to unlocking my own game without one of them stealing my code from me as I fumble around in the menus and breathe heavily into a microphone shaped like a Burger King whopper.

same

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Hey, is Fallout Tactics any good? I have a friend who's into XCOM and thought I might get it for them while it's on sale.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Mr Tastee posted:

Hey, is Fallout Tactics any good? I have a friend who's into XCOM and thought I might get it for them while it's on sale.

Yeah it's actually fun but the "RPG" elements of it--like talking to NPCs and exploring and choosing to do things for various groups--is very limited. It's kind of like a lovechild of Fallout, Jagged Alliance, and Commandos.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Mr Tastee posted:

No, if you want something to build on XCOM, try the Jagged Alliance instead.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
Yeah, Tactics is pretty neat.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Poolparty posted:

Fallout dad goes to post apocalyptic ikea and finds that there's no instructions for the flat pack furniture. You'll need to pass a repair skill check of 100.

I just had to build a ton of Ikea furniture and this I'm sorry, but for reminding me of the experience, I am going to have use you as my next target for energy weapons.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Fallout 4: The quest of a missing screw

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Fallout 4: There's a decorative book being sold in a language nobody you know speaks and the word "bönder" is on the first page and it's gonna make you think of "boner".

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

A lockpicking mini-game in which if you break one dowel, you lose permanently.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Once you place an object in the gameworld, it will immediately and permanently fall apart if you ever try to move it again.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Oh goddamnit.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

steinrokkan posted:

Please buy more of these lovely plastic junkyard filler editions, you imbeciles.

Okay.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

A dialogue wheel filled with rudimentary shapes and pictures that transcends mere language.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

steinrokkan posted:

Fallout 4: The quest of a missing screw

Thanks for this, it works as a Catholic joke in addition to the ikea thing.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Skryim Guard: Let me guess, somebody stole your cinnamon roll...

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

A dialogue wheel filled with rudimentary shapes and pictures that transcends mere language.

I'm ok with this, let's make dialog fun!

Poolparty
Aug 18, 2013

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

The entire game consists of emoji s that are fully voiced.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

List of important game mods:

• Dadjoke dialogue mod
  • Cheers mod*
  • IKEA crafting mod

*v. 3.2 contains Wings expansion. Waiting for Obsidian's Seattle sequel for further content.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

-Play as dog mod

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Lotish posted:

The people running the Railroad certainly think what's happening is slavery, and I'm pretty sure you supposed to too. Depending on how you build your androids though, I think it's like no different than Mr. Handies.

I don't give a poo poo about android rights. I would buy a sexbot right now if I could. I hope they will let me reject the Railroad without showering me with bad karma.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

Phlegmish posted:

I don't give a poo poo about android rights. I would buy a sexbot right now if I could. I hope they will let me reject the Railroad without showering me with bad karma.

You either have to save every android and ride off into the sunset on a rainbow or you have to brutally and violently subjugate every android and then torture, kill and eat the rainbow. Choices!

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
I hope they let me do the Bad Karma thing without actually giving me Bad Karma

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Which game did this happen with again, I can only remember it being loving funny as poo poo.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Mr Tastee posted:

It would have been more fun for me if the campaign had multiplayer support, so me and my friends could play as an Elite Brotherhood of Steel crew while we set up ambushes and stuff.

We do that in Icewind Dale now and it's pretty loving great.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Father Wendigo posted:

They had alt dialogue choices like this for every stat and skill in New Vegas. High Luck/Low Intelligence was great when you're tasked with healing Caesar's brain tumor and get the option to say 'Pfft, it can't be THAT hard...' and pop the thing out with a kitchen knife.

I think my favorite was the password in the old office building near lake meade.

"What's the password"

[LCK 8] "Ice Cream"

[INT 2] "Ice Cream"

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

MAKE WAY NEW STARS posted:

Which game did this happen with again, I can only remember it being loving funny as poo poo.

GTA V. Autistic teenagers are the best entertainment.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

2house2fly posted:

I hope they let me do the Bad Karma thing without actually giving me Bad Karma

Looks like we got ourselves an android lover here, boys...

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
Not gonna lie, this is kinda how I felt during the reveal.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Yeah say what you want about Bethesda, they know how to sell a game. They perfectly set up that whole demonstration for maximum hype, until I was absolutely pumped and ready to buy the game as soon as they did the final montage to Atom Bomb Baby.

Still not going to pre-order, definitely going to buy within the release month.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Not sure if I'll preorder, the 25% discount is nice but that might continue post-release with a bit of luck.

At the least I can wait until more info is out.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Haha. In Fallout Shelter I had to restart because my last vault had a bug that kept crashing it.

So in the new Vault I get a Lunchbox early and who pops out of it but James, the hero's father from Fallout 3. He's Level 33 and good at everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Speedball posted:

Haha. In Fallout Shelter I had to restart because my last vault had a bug that kept crashing it.

So in the new Vault I get a Lunchbox early and who pops out of it but James, the hero's father from Fallout 3. He's Level 33 and good at everything.

Dad jokes OP.

• Locked thread