Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Lmao at any of you not getting this game day one. The first week bugs are literally the best part about Bethesda games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.

Anita Dickinme posted:

Dad jokes OP.

Excuse me Anita, but I do not tolerate jokes when talking about video games, it's very problematic.

In other news, what if Fallout Shelter is the start of good games on mobile?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Nasgate posted:

Lmao at any of you not getting this game day one. The first week bugs are literally the best part about Bethesda games.

I too enjoy gamebreaking bugs that often cause the game to be unplayable or break major quest lines.

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem

Mr Tastee posted:

-Play as dog mod

IDDQD: Enable Dogmode

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Wanna play as a dog with a human pet that runs around fetching me things

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Andrast posted:

I too enjoy gamebreaking bugs that often cause the game to be unplayable or break major quest lines.

Those aren't first week bugs though, those stick around forever until a community patch comes out.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?

Nasgate posted:

Those aren't first week bugs though, those stick around forever until a community patch comes out.

And even they don't get them all. I still have about a 50/50 chance of being attacked after transforming into a vampire lord in castle volkihar, or the loving front door being locked and having to console the quest forward to get inside.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Yaos posted:

Or F2P games being fun and successful because they're actually F2P and fun. :stare:

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Anita Dickinme posted:

Or F2P games being fun and successful because they're actually F2P and fun. :stare:

Well, they made it actually-free and actually-fun, and just let people pay money for it if they really wanted to, and they became a bigger overnight success than Candy Crush. Bethesda's going to be raking in money from now until Fallout 4 releases, then they'll be drowning in it.

I just really hope that mobile developers learn the important lesson of "make a game good and not a lovely, stripped-down Skinner Box and you'll make even more money than you would by scamming them".

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

King Vidiot posted:

Well, they made it actually-free and actually-fun, and just let people pay money for it if they really wanted to, and they became a bigger overnight success than Candy Crush. Bethesda's going to be raking in money from now until Fallout 4 releases, then they'll be drowning in it.

I just really hope that mobile developers learn the important lesson of "make a game good and not a lovely, stripped-down Skinner Box and you'll make even more money than you would by scamming them".

This is a more effort post of my point exactly, yes.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Repopulate the Wasteland!

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

I hope FO4 has more silly poo poo in it that New Vegas did. My favorite quest in 3 was the small town with the superhero in the robot suit and the eeeeevil Ant Queen, and I was always disappointed with NV's lack of intentional nonsense.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Todd Howards gonna look at the effort/profit ratio on Shelter, and then look at the same for Fallout 4, and then his eyes will blaze with malevolence

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

KillerQueen posted:

I hope FO4 has more silly poo poo in it that New Vegas did. My favorite quest in 3 was the small town with the superhero in the robot suit and the eeeeevil Ant Queen, and I was always disappointed with NV's lack of intentional nonsense.

Did you play Old World Blues?

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

KillerQueen posted:

Fallout New Vegas. Super serious game.

Lt. Danger
Dec 22, 2006

jolly good chaps we sure showed the hun

KillerQueen posted:

jesus christ

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I'm a poor with a phone running Android so no Fallout Shelter for me.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Anita Dickinme posted:

GTA V. Autistic teenagers are the best entertainment.

MAKE WAY NEW STARS posted:

Which game did this happen with again, I can only remember it being loving funny as poo poo.

Anyone have a link to this?

KillerQueen posted:

you should play the borderlands games

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

RentACop posted:

Todd Howards gonna look at the effort/profit ratio on Shelter, and then look at the same for Fallout 4, and then his eyes will blaze with malevolence

FO:4 to be cancelled, assets stripped to make another 5 versions of Fallout Shelter. RCT-style Vault games, FPS style games with Vault maps, Civ-style Vault games where you are the head of a bunch of Vaults of differing purposes, Minecraft style Vault games, you name it, coming to an iPhone/iPad near you

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Yaos posted:

Having played Fallout Shelter, I can assure you this is not the case.

After a few evenings with it, it's boiled down to waiting for flashy things to tap on, waiting for money to revive my dead citizens, and panicking every time I open the game and find them all dying because I wasn't around to tap "yes, put the water in the water meter."

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

We thought Fallout Shelter was about the End Times. We didn't realize that Fallout Shelter... was the End Times.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

I hope the clothing options are more complicated than hat/outift/maybe glasses.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?

Mr Tastee posted:

Give me all the Col. Autumn coats. One in every color.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Genocyber posted:

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/32igtq/youtuber_has_gta_v_pc_key_stolen_during_live/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXZ9QI_IBlI

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

I would have pre-ordered but I have to wait for the patch or mod to turn off voice acting and replace the dialogue wheel now

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Mr Tastee posted:

It's layered with separate options for different arms and legs.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Sharkopath posted:

It's layered with separate options for different arms and legs.

I thought that was just for actual armor

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

frajaq posted:

I thought that was just for actual armor

From what they've released so far the UI for the vault suit and power armor at least is customizable by limb, but also they've shown off a few different versions of what you can wear over the vaultsuit.

I really hope Scum isn't just a class of raider and if you decide to antagonize them all raiders get labeled as raider scum.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I hope they bring back the riot armor that the NCR rangers wore. poo poo was great.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Genocyber posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kc_AGE6Q740

Skip to 32:00. Also why do streamers feel they need to have a studio mic for dumb video game stuff

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

RentACop posted:

People have boo'ed me all of my life for saying that TES VI will be a 1024x768 trading card game with Bejeweled's audio cues, but I have it on good authority that Fallout 5 will be the Sims 4 (Underground).

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

KillerQueen posted:

Did you not play Old World Blues at all?

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

People have boo'ed me all of my life for saying that TES VI will be a 1024x768 trading card game with Bejeweled's audio cues, but I have it on good authority that Fallout 5 will be the Sims 4 (Underground).

http://www.theverge.com/2015/6/15/8780315/e3-2015-the-elder-scrolls-legends-free-to-play-card-game

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip

steinrokkan posted:

People who play games on the day of release are literal scum.

stop posting in this thread

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Sharkopath posted:

From what they've released so far the UI for the vault suit and power armor at least is customizable by limb, but also they've shown off a few different versions of what you can wear over the vaultsuit.

I really hope Scum isn't just a class of raider and if you decide to antagonize them all raiders get labeled as raider scum.

I'm gonna guess that it's going to be like Bandit, Bandit Outlaw, Bandit Highwayman and etc. from Skyrim.

I also super hope that they've found a way to do late-game combat that isn't just adding 10,000 HP and 85% DR to enemies which has literally been the same problem in Oblivion, Fallout 3 and Skyrim. Say, by adding some kind of damage threshold system, possibly with different types of ammunition? Just a thought.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

The one thing I hope they take away from NV is the different ammo types and DT, I can't think of a more boring armor/DMG system then the one that Fallout 3 and Skyrim had. The great thing about New Vega's system is that it let's you use lower tier weapons that still be viable in a late game scenerio by just finding a higher tier ammo that could punch through bigger DT.

It made armor and weapons more relative to one another instead of a linear progress.

E: Who am I kidding? This is Beth we're talking about, they aren't doing jack.

E to my E: gently caress you for beating me. :argh:

Back Hack fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Jun 20, 2015

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

Wolfsheim posted:

I'm gonna guess that it's going to be like Bandit, Bandit Outlaw, Bandit Highwayman and etc. from Skyrim.

I also super hope that they've found a way to do late-game combat that isn't just adding 10,000 HP and 85% DR to enemies which has literally been the same problem in Oblivion, Fallout 3 and Skyrim. Say, by adding some kind of damage threshold system, possibly with different types of ammunition? Just a thought.

Since by all appearances they haven't even tried to solve that problem yet, I tend to doubt they even see it as a problem. It sucks because it's led to me playing Bethesda games on an easier difficulty setting than I otherwise would, just because combat gets so tedious after you've played for long enough.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
T. Howard has gone on the record (a 2008 "Tech Today" interview on NPR, if you're wondering) as saying that the Emerald Weapon superboss fight from Final Fantasy VII "really resonated with me as a child", and that he has always attempted to instill that sort of experience into every fight in a Bethesda game.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

I think that gameplay mechanic they showed about damaging enemy armor as it flies off could fix some of the problems...maybe

Would be nice when fighting a Sentry Bot you could shoot the plates off the rocket loading mechanism and fire directly at the rockets, exploding it and even damaging enemies (and friends) around it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

frajaq posted:

I think that gameplay mechanic they showed about damaging enemy armor as it flies off could fix some of the problems...maybe

Would be nice when fighting a Sentry Bot you could shoot the plates off the rocket loading mechanism and fire directly at the rockets, exploding it and even damaging enemies (and friends) around it.
Haha you think Bethesda wouild do something that complex

Armor being a temporary layer of HP over a body part would be a step in the right direction, but it doesn't seem to be what they're going for and that effect seems to be primarily cosmetic.

• Locked thread