Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Hahaha, oh my gently caress that Sky Lynx. Lynx head in the combiner mode. God drat that's so good.

He's looks like a Silverbolt retool in the sense that Skydive was a retool of Fireflight, by which I mean absolutely no shared parts and only a similar altmode configuration.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

DoctorWhat posted:

I-

is Sky Lynx a Silverbolt retool? I think he is!

No. Silverbolt is a Sky Lynx retool. It all makes sense now.

:getin:

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Legends Shockwave is adorable. Also there's a Wreck-gar Groove retool.

I like the idea that instead of combining their minds, Sky Lynx combines into Sky Reign and still calls the shots.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
But when are we getting DLX groove?

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Blackheart posted:

I'm not sure, but I'm looking at the display case pictures now and... from certain angles it seems like it could be possible. Even if the toy can't do it out of the box, the Panther head is sort of in the right place so if you managed to separate both halves you could end with a G1ish separate Sky Lynx.

Maybe.

e: No wait I'm wrong, the Lynx head would end up on his rear end.

Yeahhh. It's a bit disappointing but I really can't be too sore. It's Sky Lynx! He's been on the top of my Third Party Companies Please Make This Figure Because Hasbro Never Will list!

Edit: Also I can't see how people are saying he's a retooled Silverbolt or anything else. Really guys?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
TAAAAAAAAAAAPES TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPES

YEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Keldroc posted:

That is loving impressive. Chromia may have just lost her crown.

A bit more poop brown on the Combaticons than I would have liked, but they look good.

I suspect it's the painted prototype gloss. f you look closely Swindle isn't even the same color as his altmode right besides him.

e: I like that Onslaught still has a light bar. Safety first.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

The Taint Reaper posted:

TAAAAAAAAAAAPES TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPES

YEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

We will never hear the end of this

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Phy posted:

Even a reaped taint is right twice a day. Or something.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Phy posted:

Even though it doesn't look like a tape at all. Looks more like a hard drive.

Anyway, the boys:

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Blast-Off makes me a bit sad, but the rest of them really do look great.

Who else is the Brawl skeleton going to go into, though?

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Even a reaped taint is right twice a day. Or something.
It's not really that he was or wasn't right, the rumors came from a reliable source, it was the fact one rumor generated a thousand stupid posts.

What the gently caress is Buzzsaw's third mode, anyway? Cybertronian USB stick?

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Don't get me wrong, I love Shuttle Blast Off, but Jet Blast Off really makes more sense with the Combaticon theme. What I don't get is that they appear to have used the Slingshot headsculpt instead of Fireflight. Or is it entirely new?

edit: I dunno where they got this but there's a photo with a different version of Bruticus with a silver chest panel and apparently the final version will be like that, and not mustard.

Blackheart fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Jun 20, 2015

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
SKY LYNX :stwoon:

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
Turns out MP Ironhide is a much more impressive piece of engineering than I thought.

quote:

“Takara MP-27 Iron’s side hip panels are on a hinge and can be rotated to the back. Just that it won’t rest flat on his butt.

The Sled is not part of the transformation. It’s an extra piece to store weapons.”

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Spiderdrake posted:

What the gently caress is Buzzsaw's third mode, anyway? Cybertronian USB stick?

He goes from bird to Tank to Tape thing.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

I'm pretty sure Buzzsaw is supposed to be a ruggedized PDA/tablet. Sorry Taint Reaper. Those thick-rear end wings though...

Anyway I'm a little disappointed jet Blast-Off is a third Firefly repaint rather than either of the other jet limbs we haven't gotten a repaint of yet, and I was hoping Vortex would either be a new attack helicopter mold or a heavy remold of Alpha Blades into an attack helicopter. But oh well, looks awesome otherwise.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Ah I found what it was. There's a running change and this is Bruticus' final colorscheme.

So I think we end up getting both, or something. I am confuse.

Blackheart fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Jun 20, 2015

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Knormal posted:

I'm pretty sure Buzzsaw is supposed to be a ruggedized PDA/tablet. Sorry Taint Reaper. Those thick-rear end wings though...

Anyway I'm a little disappointed jet Blast-Off is a third Firefly repaint rather than either of the other jet limbs we haven't gotten a repaint of yet, and I was hoping Vortex would either be a new attack helicopter mold or a heavy remold of Alpha Blades into an attack helicopter. But oh well, looks awesome otherwise.

It's still going to have to fit in the chest compartment of Blaster/Soundwave.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
RIP Earl Norem, fantasy artist who was best known for his Conan and Masters of the Universe artwork, but also painted some Transformers children's books I remember fondly from my own childhood. He was 91.

Take a look at these -- they were far beyond any of the art in the G1 cartoon, the Marvel comics, or the toy packaging. Note that Norem painted the Autobot cars' headlights as expressive eyes in their car modes, and that Optimus Prime has a mouth rather than his traditional visor. (As a kid, I found that disconcerting.)

http://www.camphortree.net/tf/books/big-looker/battle/battle-full.html
http://www.camphortree.net/tf/books/big-looker/carshow/carshow-full.html
http://www.camphortree.net/tf/books/kidstuff/rally/rally-full.html

And here's an interview with Mr. Norem:
http://www.seibertron.com/people/interviews/view.php?interview_id=14

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

The Taint Reaper posted:

It's still going to have to fit in the chest compartment of Blaster/Soundwave.
Sorry guys, I tried.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Don't really know if I want them, but the masquerade retools look way better than expected. Nice paint decos and the headsculpts are fantastic.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

RIP Earl Norem, fantasy artist who was best known for his Conan and Masters of the Universe artwork, but also painted some Transformers children's books I remember fondly from my own childhood. He was 91.

Take a look at these -- they were far beyond any of the art in the G1 cartoon, the Marvel comics, or the toy packaging. Note that Norem painted the Autobot cars' headlights as expressive eyes in their car modes, and that Optimus Prime has a mouth rather than his traditional visor. (As a kid, I found that disconcerting.)

http://www.camphortree.net/tf/books/big-looker/battle/battle-full.html
http://www.camphortree.net/tf/books/big-looker/carshow/carshow-full.html
http://www.camphortree.net/tf/books/kidstuff/rally/rally-full.html

And here's an interview with Mr. Norem:
http://www.seibertron.com/people/interviews/view.php?interview_id=14

poo poo, we were just talking about him the other day. He was a great artist.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Is Vortex G2? I don't recall him being so teal. Also I hope "all of the seekers" includes a rerelease of Acid Storm, he did not show up on shelves here, nor did Gears.

Also I am having a reserved moment pf shear joy about our new most perfect voyager.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

:nallears: oh boy who s excited about the collector's club panel now I sure can'zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I didn't realize that White Prime has the Star Convoy head.

Are they going to show more Generations stuff or is that it?

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"
Well, poo poo. I guess I can own more combiners, sure. :<

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I'm curious if Skylynx's combiner head can look up and rotate. Because if that's the case, you could probably make a cat mode for him in torso mode. The Legs look like they can still be manipulated while in that mode.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Blackheart posted:

:nallears: oh boy who s excited about the collector's club panel now I sure can'zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Who actually give a gently caress about that stuff?

I mean I get that the thread is a spectrum of Hasbro diehards and 3P zealots with everyone falling along that line but the TFCC stuff seems like the opinion is Meh, Not for Me or Well if it wasn't as much as a 3P bot I'd...

Is there anyone who is like YES! Poorly written shattered glass fiction and ugly repaints! Give them to meeeeeeee

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!
I'm out right now but I was saving a quote from pages back where someone said "skylynx as a combiner with g1 vehicle limbs" or something of the sort as a joke and I could barely hold in my laughter

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Blackheart posted:

Don't get me wrong, I love Shuttle Blast Off, but Jet Blast Off really makes more sense with the Combaticon theme.

Yeah this always used to make me laugh. "Brawl, direct frontal assault on the enemy. Swindle, you sneak off to the side while Vortex creates a distraction above the enemy. Blast Off...uhh...go, uhhh, shoot down a satellite?"

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Medullah posted:

Yeah this always used to make me laugh. "Brawl, direct frontal assault on the enemy. Swindle, you sneak off to the side while Vortex creates a distraction above the enemy. Blast Off...uhh...go, uhhh, shoot down a satellite?"

Blastoff please load these valuable political prisoners into your cargo bay and then explode when you hit the upper atmosphere.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Looks like TFCC's doing a combiner of their own next year:

quote:

Needlenose from Firefly
Spinister from Alpha Bravo
Bludgen from Onslaught!
Rukus from Offroad
Wind sweeper from Air Raid

Meh. If any of them have cool decos I might be interested in a few of them as extra limbs, I have no interest in the characters though.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Spiderdrake posted:

Who actually give a gently caress about that stuff?

I mean I get that the thread is a spectrum of Hasbro diehards and 3P zealots with everyone falling along that line but the TFCC stuff seems like the opinion is Meh, Not for Me or Well if it wasn't as much as a 3P bot I'd...

Is there anyone who is like YES! Poorly written shattered glass fiction and ugly repaints! Give them to meeeeeeee

I actually get a kick out of seeing the obscure awful 90's colour schemes getting some love, and I like Lio Convoy but beyond that the asking prices for the TFSS and whatnot are just too nuts.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Wow all the TFCC combiner guys look like poo poo and do not resemble their G1 counterparts.

Seriously Bludgeon has gotten better figures before

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Edit: Also I can't see how people are saying he's a retooled Silverbolt or anything else. Really guys?

Sky Reign has a modified Superion/Galvatronus torso (the torso shoulders are the lower legs, and the forelimbs(?) of the lynx are the thighs) and transforms into a spaceship with a box on the undercarriage. How can you not draw that conclusion.

Abominus/Monstructor could possibly be remolded from this.

I'm kind of disappointed that there will be 8 combiner Autobot limbs who were not previously combiners and also who are the fourth or fifth use of a mold. On the other hand, those Hound, Trailbreaker and Ironhides are exactly my jam.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

Deceptive Thinker posted:

I'm out right now but I was saving a quote from pages back where someone said "skylynx as a combiner with g1 vehicle limbs" or something of the sort as a joke and I could barely hold in my laughter

Pretty sure that was me saying Silverbolt had a Skylynx vibe way back. Though it wasn't a joke.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

:dukedog:

I'd like to imagine that Sky Reign is just Sky Lynx in full control, because he is the most amazing autobot whoever lived.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Well obviously. Sky Lynx and the limb-bots' brains all go into the Combiner Conference Room, but Sky Lynx shouts over everybody and assumes leadership through force of personality and being loud.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

I'm kind of disappointed that there will be 8 combiner Autobot limbs who were not previously combiners and also who are the fourth or fifth use of a mold. On the other hand, those Hound, Trailbreaker and Ironhides are exactly my jam.
It's a decent compromise when it comes to making sure Generations has stuff that appeals to people who aren't too super invested in combiners or just want some G1 stuff they missed. If something as awesome as that Mirage or Hound as combiner limbs can be safely called a 'compromise', I mean. A bunch of those were in other lines five years ago or more.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

The Wheeljack remold is also pretty impressive I gotta say.

The bios are funny. Skywarp just wants to have fun, Sunstreaker gives his combiner the power of being really really good looking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

XavierGenisi posted:

I'd like to imagine that Sky Reign is just Sky Lynx in full control, because he is the most amazing autobot whoever lived.
What? He's not Thunderclash.