Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Mordiceius posted:

Yo fellow Astrologians. If you're doing N.Than farming, make sure you cross class Blizzard 2 because you'll need AOE with the crazy zerg that's out here.

This is a nonsensical set-up to me. Also: no swiftcast - a shameful astrologian.

Swiftcast is on the shared bar at the top, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Demicol posted:

Swiftcast is on the shared bar at the top, though.

Ah. Didn't see the top bar.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
I can not stress enough how amazingly great the Dark Knight quest up to 50 is. They sell the description as some rogue knight that helps the helpless, but that could not be farther from what the quest-line is actually about. What Dark Knight *really* is is you having a massive psychotic break over how unfairly bullshit your life is. It is the best!

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Yeah the DRK questline is basically you having a Rorschach moment

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Thumbtacks posted:

Yeah the DRK questline is basically you having a Rorschach moment

To be fair, if anyone has earned their right to go 'gently caress this gay Eorzea' every now and again, it's probably the Warrior of Light.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
gently caress I want to level DRK but tanking is scary and I think after machinist I won't want to level much of anything for a while

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

hello I am downloading the client to trial this I hope I can get on excalibur???

but anyway if I were to buy it is there any real reason not to buy it through steam if I use steam for every other game anyway. I know you then have to buy all future stuff through steam too but I'm just trying to see if there any other concerns with that besides maybe not getting the best sales price

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

Hyper Inferno posted:

Super leves are worth around 4x the EXP of a regular leve I believe. Might be a little different after all the various completion bonuse sare taken into account. So they're time efficient, but not very leve efficient. I did get a chest with 5x amber vilekin though, which can be traded for some accessories.

Doesn't this make them horrible? I imagine I'd go through my leve allowances like water and come out nowhere near the same level as if I did them normally.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

epitasis posted:

hello I am downloading the client to trial this I hope I can get on excalibur???

but anyway if I were to buy it is there any real reason not to buy it through steam if I use steam for every other game anyway. I know you then have to buy all future stuff through steam too but I'm just trying to see if there any other concerns with that besides maybe not getting the best sales price

Getting on Excal is going to be a poo poo show for probably the next two weeks, your best chance is probably ~4-6am est on weekdays, or immediately after servers come up from maintenance (IDK when the next one is)

Steam is fine for buying the game, you gain the ability to pay for sub with steam wallet but lose the chance to shop around for deals

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Blockhouse posted:

gently caress I want to level DRK but tanking is scary and I think after machinist I won't want to level much of anything for a while

Just do it, tanking owns. The worst thing that can happen is some nerds on the internet whine at you in party chat sometimes until you get good, and even that's unlikely.

Generally your mechanics are much less complicated than DPS classes as you're more concerned with things DPS generally don't have to do like positioning and such, so don't think that tanking is basically doing monk combos/rotation while also all the fight mechanics. It's easier than that.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

epitasis posted:

Not going to happen.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

So there is one thing about the story thus far that has pissed me off, so I hope someone further along can spoil the poo poo out of it. Please, please tell me Nanamo is really dead and all this she might be alive is a false plot and the dumb bitch is dead. If its true its the biggest misstep in the game so...yeah.

Zanael
Jan 30, 2007

Finn 3:16 says I just licorice
whipped your peppermint ass
The Dusk Vigil dungeon is all kinds of fun, I loved being tossed in the air by the Mammoth
It's also really easy and fast, with ~i120 gear treasure chests, a good way to get geared up.

Also, sorry Hyur bimbo, I Au Ra'ed

Zanael fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Jun 21, 2015

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Eimi posted:

So there is one thing about the story thus far that has pissed me off, so I hope someone further along can spoil the poo poo out of it. Please, please tell me Nanamo is really dead and all this she might be alive is a false plot and the dumb bitch is dead. If its true its the biggest misstep in the game so...yeah.

She is 100% alive. Also how can you hate the sultana wtf

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Where the gently caress are the Mog Squad recruits aaaah I hate three dimensional scavenger hunts.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Eimi posted:

I really don't know how anyone could ever possibly think that she was actually dead. You see her drink the wine then she's just whisked away, and when Raubaun demanded to see her they were really cagey about it; if she was actually dead they'd be practically throwing her corpse at him.

This is an anime, after all. As a wise goon once said, if you don't see a mangled corpse, the character isn't dead.

Also wtf how can you hate the sultana

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

fadam posted:

Where the gently caress are the Mog Squad recruits aaaah I hate three dimensional scavenger hunts.

If I'm thinking of the right thing, to get to the area southeast of the Moghome aetheryte you need to go down into the area where the moogleking or whatever is then across from where you enter that area there's a ramp going up. There's several quest destinations there.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Boten Anna posted:

I really don't know how anyone could ever possibly think that she was actually dead. You see her drink the wine then she's just whisked away, and when Raubaun demanded to see her they were really cagey about it; if she was actually dead they'd be practically throwing her corpse at him.

This is an anime, after all. As a wise goon once said, if you don't see a mangled corpse, the character isn't dead.

Also wtf how can you hate the sultana

gently caress this gay earth

Eh largely because her stupid republic plan is idiotic. 'Oh the monetarists buy peoples support with money. Therefor I shall make the government a republic to stop them...where the people's whose vote they buy can then legally ensure they rule forever." :colbert: She was more useful and interesting as a tragic character. Her 'death' scene played up the fact that she was dying too much for me to easily say she'd be alive. Because her being alive is the easy way out of that plot. And...it was.

Mainly I think it's a 'cheap' resolution to that plot. All we lost is Raubahns arm, because you know the Scions are 1000% alive if she is.

Eimi fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Jun 21, 2015

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Boogaleeboo posted:

I can not stress enough how amazingly great the Dark Knight quest up to 50 is. They sell the description as some rogue knight that helps the helpless, but that could not be farther from what the quest-line is actually about. What Dark Knight *really* is is you having a massive psychotic break over how unfairly bullshit your life is. It is the best!

This was a thing I liked a bunch for the DRK quests and probably make it my favorite class quest line.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Mordiceius posted:

Fellow ASTs: What do your hotbars look like?

Level 50 thus far, afraid of what 51-60 will have to look like:

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Boten Anna posted:

If I'm thinking of the right thing, to get to the area southeast of the Moghome aetheryte you need to go down into the area where the moogleking or whatever is then across from where you enter that area there's a ramp going up. There's several quest destinations there.

Nah, it's around the rookery.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
I had the arrogance to not structure my entire day around never being away from my computer for longer than thirty minutes like I did yesterday and now I keep on getting lobby errors whenever I try to log back in. :smith:

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

fadam posted:

I just found them. They're underneath the bridge things that lead onto the center platform.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Boogaleeboo posted:

DRK Quest Question It's fight club right, where the other knight is a figment of your imagination/manifestation of your darkness right? only done the first

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Stormgale posted:

DRK Quest Question It's fight club right, where the other knight is a figment of your imagination/manifestation of your darkness right? only done the first
As is the case with so many 90's fighters. It's a mirror match.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Furnaceface posted:

Maybe the poor timing is the leading cause of this, but this game is terrible. Literally every server is greyed out for making new characters right now. Bang up job there Squenix, launch an expansion to draw in new players but prevent them from actually loving playing. :thumbsup:

Yep you nailed it, now gently caress off.

Stormgale posted:

you're not very far off in a sense. It's PRETTY GREAT

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

I could not possibly be more pleased with your answers, guess DRK just got pushed up the levelling chain (after MCN though cause guns)

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Rincewind posted:

I had the arrogance to not structure my entire day around never being away from my computer for longer than thirty minutes like I did yesterday and now I keep on getting lobby errors whenever I try to log back in. :smith:

If it keeps happening, change data centers to another one than back. Seems to get me in easier.

Calihan
Jan 6, 2008

Rincewind posted:

Yeah they are worse than the early access launch tonight.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
One of my biggest DRK complaints is that when you sprint with your weapon out you don't create sparks with your sword

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Stormgale posted:

here's your warning that the following link contains drk 50 quest spoilers:

the following link contains drk 50 quest spoilers

http://imgur.com/a/at8O8

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Story Chrysalis with the DF loving sucks.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Yay I'm back from a month long business trip and can play the game again just in time for early access for my preorder! Only... I can't, I got the code, went to enter it and for some reason its a steam account despite never buying the game through steam? So the code they gave me doesn't work and apparently I couldn't purchase it through steam either since I never paid for it through steam. Is support seriously not open again until monday? I fly out again tuesday so I'm guessing I just wasted money.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

hobbesmaster posted:

Yay I'm back from a month long business trip and can play the game again just in time for early access for my preorder! Only... I can't, I got the code, went to enter it and for some reason its a steam account despite never buying the game through steam? So the code they gave me doesn't work and apparently I couldn't purchase it through steam either since I never paid for it through steam. Is support seriously not open again until monday? I fly out again tuesday so I'm guessing I just wasted money.

If that is indeed the case I'm so so sorry, that loving sucks.

That said, are you sure you're not just trying to register the expansion? Early access isn't an expansion code, and nobody has an expansion code that didn't buy from Steam. Follow the instructions carefully, you need to register as I believe a pre-order bonus code.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

The pre order code is 5 groups of 4, activation code is grouped like 6-3-6-3. I cannot purchase the expansion on steam because I do not have the base game on steam despite mogstation apparently thinking I have a steam account so I'm not really sure what to do.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Yeah it sounds like you're not putting the code in the right place, the length of the code and the input fields WILL match. Unfortunately I did it forever ago and do not remember the exact steps, but they are here:

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/cebcb45223906c06e74e0b62c2723b86c22fee5f

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
Hey what's that one weird trick for making Vita Remote Play playable? Something about connecting via the internet even if your PS4 is two rooms away because the PS4's broadcast antenna is poo poo? I know it was mentioned in the old thread, but I forget the details...

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

I have a 20 digit key from: https://preorder.na.finalfantasyxiv.com/na mogstation says its invalid.

Awcko
May 26, 2009

Mo' Pushin'

Mo' Problems

hobbesmaster posted:

The pre order code is 5 groups of 4, activation code is grouped like 6-3-6-3. I cannot purchase the expansion on steam because I do not have the base game on steam despite mogstation apparently thinking I have a steam account so I'm not really sure what to do.

Out of curiosity, did you start with the steam demo, and then upgrade to a full game through mogstation or the square shop/somewhere else?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

I think so, in which case it must be this issue: http://sqex.to/ys9

• Locked thread